Beta Ray Bill vs Nova corp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
Nova corp go after beta ray bill! who wins and why?

round one = vs just Nova prime.

round two = Vs all the new Nova corp (current members)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/562276-beta_ray_bill_dougie_braithwaite18_super.jpg
vs
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/772768-99_nova_27_super.jpg

Lord_Talron
beta ray bill has got to be the most unassuming name for someone who has duked it out with thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Round 1: Bill.

Round 2: Bill.

CosmicComet
Nova Prime can do this. Definitely. I don't even see it being too hard.

Blanket
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nova Prime can do this. Definitely. I don't even see it being too hard. I bet you also don't see comics.

JakeTheBank
laughing

Bill wins.

CosmicComet
Nova with complete control of the Nova Force would own Bill.

He's too damn fast.

dmills
1) Rich

2) Wtf? Team stomps. Especially with Philo in the mix.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud At Nova owning Bill. Heck, I laugh at him taking the majority against Bill.

Even with the full Nova Force it was made pretty damn clear in Annihilation as I recall that he wasn't on par with Herald level beings.

Surprisingly, Nova showed some pretty impressive durability in his first run. He took two hits from an enraged Thor. Albeit he said he would be sore for a while, but still. Impressive.

Blanket
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nova with complete control of the Nova Force would own Bill.

He's too damn fast. Just like the much faster Surfer was.

dmills
Nova places a high yield gravimetric weave around BRB followed by a compressed gravimetric pulse for the KO.

carver9
Bill take the first and he could possibly take the second (Gladiator DESTROYED the corps).

Blanket
Originally posted by carver9
Bill take the first and he could possibly take the second (Gladiator DESTROYED the corps). And Glads is nothing to Bill

carver9
Originally posted by Blanket
And Glads is nothing to Bill

Damn lie. mad

Priest
Bill in both.

Blanket
Damn lie. mad OK. He's a genital wart to Bill.

dmills
Bill take the first and he could possibly take the second (Gladiator DESTROYED the corps). A newly created, untrained inexperienced Nova corps without Richard leading. The new recruits under Rich are more potent. Not to mention Robbie, who used gravity to pin down Xenith for hours who was <<<< more powerful then he was. No way BRB solo's the team with Nova Prime. WTF are you guy's smoking?

carver9
OK. He's a genital wart to Bill.

LOL laughing , I give up.

Blanket
All Bill has to do is take out Nova. The rest drop like Chomper's balls will in a year.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud At Nova owning Bill. Heck, I laugh at him taking the majority against Bill.

Even with the full Nova Force it was made pretty damn clear in Annihilation as I recall that he wasn't on par with Herald level beings.

Surprisingly, Nova showed some pretty impressive durability in his first run. He took two hits from an enraged Thor. Albeit he said he would be sore for a while, but still. Impressive.
His durability's always being underestimated IMO. Even before Annihilation the guy took one Hell of a beating from Gladiator without being KO'd.

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
A newly created, untrained inexperienced Nova corps without Richard leading. The new recruits under Rich are more potent. Not to mention Robbie, who used gravity to pin down Xenith for hours who was <<<< more powerful then he was. No way BRB solo's the team with Nova Prime. WTF are you guy's smoking?

Gladiator did solo the entire corp along with his cousin. He had to resort to a plot device to beat her.

Im not calling Nova weak, I'm just saying that Bill is packing planet destroying power that would F him up.

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
His durability's always being underestimated IMO. Even before Annihilation the guy took one Hell of a beating from Gladiator without being KO'd.

Then you have their latest fight where gladiator takes him out in two panels. confused

Blanket
Then you have their latest fight where gladiator takes him out in two panels. confused He never KO'ed him to my recollection.
Just looked better. Nova was far from done.

darthgoober
Gladiator did solo the entire corp along with his cousin. He had to resort to a plot device to beat her.

Im not calling Nova weak, I'm just saying that Bill is packing planet destroying power that would F him up.
You really think Nova lacks planet destroying power with the entirety of the Nova Force at his command? I mean the guy lobotomized Ego and has has the same power source as Super Nova.

It's still to early to give him the majority against Bill one on one IMO, but with the rest of the Corps...

darthgoober
Then you have their latest fight where gladiator takes him out in two panels. confused
This...
He never KO'ed him to my recollection.
Just looked better. Nova was far from done.

dmills
Glads never took Rich out in two panels. Where are you getting that from? He took out some two bit Nova Prime replacement with like 60% Nova force. And the Xenith KO wasn't a plot device.

carver9
You really think Nova lacks planet destroying power with the entirety of the Nova Force at his command? I mean the guy lobotomized Ego and has has the same power source as Super Nova.

It's still to early to give him the majority against Bill one on one IMO, but with the rest of the Corps...

The fashion of planet destroying power is kind of different. Sure, Nova might could destroy a planet (energy output wise) but physically, like beta ray bill did twice, NAAH.

Nova isnt taking to many punches from Bill.

Two at most.

Mindset
He might could beat Glads, he might could not.

carver9
This...

I agree, he never koed him but it was pretty obvious that Gladiator was holding back and still took out the corps with just strength alone.

He didnt even use his speed or out put of power.

carver9
Glads never took Rich out in two panels. Where are you getting that from? He took out some two bit Nova Prime replacement with like 60% Nova force. And the Xenith KO wasn't a plot device.

It was a plot. He used Psionic Dampners because he knew he couldnt stop her.

Before doing that, he was getting stomped.

dmills
It was a plot. He used Psionic Dampners because he knew he couldnt stop her.

Before doing that, he was getting stomped. Uh, no. When he thought Xenith killed his brother he was beating on her ao bad that Morrow thought he had gone crazy and was going to kill her. Only when Irini told him that his bro was still alive and Rich got distracted did Xenith do anything. And all the time she was hitting him, he was reading laughing out loud. He then blocked her psionic strength amp and knocked her ass out. Easily.

carver9
Uh, no. When he thought Xenith killed his brother he was beating on her ao bad that Morrow thought he had gone crazy and was going to kill her. Only when Irini told him that his bro was still alive and Rich got distracted did Xenith do anything. And all the time she was hitting him, he was reading laughing out loud. He then blocked her psionic strength amp and knocked her ass out. Easily.

He snuck her, thats why he had the advantage but by his own words (talking about how tough she was) he really didnt stand a chance, THATS why he resorted to that plot.

celeyhyga17
1) Rich

2) Wtf? Team stomps. Especially with Philo in the mix.

Sorry Rage... Team is too much for BRB

celeyhyga17

when was this... i think you'r wrong.... if you think that's the real Nova Prime you are.

dmills
So because he told her she was tough that equates him saying she's more powerful somehow? Come on man.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
when was this... i think you'r wrong.... if you think that's the real Nova Prime you are.

It happens when the shiar invades the nova corpse and Gladiator bust through them like nothing.

carver9
So because he told her she was tough that equates him saying she's more powerful somehow? Come on man.

Naah, it was just obvious to me by looking at the battle that he didnt stand a chance.

His attacks was doing nothing to her.

dmills
BTW, does anyone know if it's true that Nova is about to get yet another amp for the upcoming Thanos arc? Supposedly DnA hint at this in an interview.

carver9
BTW, does anyone know if it's true that Nova is about to get yet another amp for the upcoming Thanos arc? Supposedly DnA hint at this in an interview.

I heard the same thing and every time they say it, it tends to happen (upgrade).

In my eyes I already picture him as a high herald, with this upgrade......WOW.

darthgoober
The fashion of planet destroying power is kind of different. Sure, Nova might could destroy a planet (energy output wise) but physically, like beta ray bill did twice, NAAH.

Nova isnt taking to many punches from Bill.

Two at most.
Oh I'm not saying that Nova's strong enough to destroy a planet with a punch, just that he's powerful enough to destroy a planet. Unless there's a big difference in someone's durability to physical force compared to things like blasts, it really doesn't matter HOW it happens.

And if you think Bill's putting down Nova with 2 punches even though Thor and Gladiator couldn't do it to less powerful versions of Rich... well you're wrong.

I agree, he never koed him but it was pretty obvious that Gladiator was holding back and still took out the corps with just strength alone.

He didnt even use his speed or out put of power.
Yeah but my point was that Nova withstood a major beating without being KO'd even before Annihilation and you brought up the more recent fight as if it contradicts the older showing. If Glads couldn't put down Nova that easily 2 upgrades ago you're going to need some pretty solid evidence to support his being able to do so now.

carver9
Oh I'm not saying that Nova's strong enough to destroy a planet with a punch, just that he's powerful enough to destroy a planet. Unless there's a big difference in someone's durability to physical force compared to things like blasts, it really doesn't matter HOW someone destroys the planet.

And if you think Bill's putting down Nova with 2 punches even though Thor and Gladiator couldn't do it to less powerful versions... well you're wrong.

Yeah but my point was that Nova withstood a major beating without being KO'd even before Annihilation and you brought up the more recent fight as if it contradicts the older showing. If Glads couldn't put down Nova that easily 2 upgrades ago you're going to need some pretty solid evidence to support his being able to do so now.

The difference between Gladiator, Bill, and Thor is that Bill is mean as hell and he does not hold back.

I cant see Nova tanking hits that KILLED stardust which was a two shot.

darthgoober
Glads didn't really seem to be holding back much against Rich. In fact if I'm remembering right Glads had his hands around Rich's throat and was ready to kill him until the two of them were teleported onto a ship. He might not have been going full out right out of the gate, but then again that's not really the kind of thing Bill's likely to do either.

When did Bill kill Stardust with 2 shots?

carver9
Glads didn't really seem to be holding back much against Rich. In fact if I'm remembering right Glads had his hands around Rich's throat and was ready to kill him until the two of them were teleported onto a ship. He might not have been going full out right out of the gate, but then again that's not really the kind of thing Bill's likely to do either.

When did Bill kill Stardust with 2 shots?

Glads could have ended that fight at any time but again, he toyed with him. The only time Glad got serious was when Nova grabbed his cape and dragged him from the moon, hitting him with that blast.

Well, you cant call it a kill when all in all, we know that stardust will regenerate and come back but the part Im referring to was when he grabbed stardust and flew her to a planet destroying it and then grabbed her spear and put it on her chest, ramming it with his hammer.

She lost her glow (and from what I looked at, she died) and then revived, showing a totally different appearance, telling Bill that she is beyond death.

That was a two shot.

kgkg
She lost her glow (and from what I looked at, she died) and then revived, showing a totally different appearance, telling Bill that she is beyond death.

That was a two shot. laughing out loud wtf it didn't even look like Stardust was K.O'ed let alone die.

dmills
You're forgetting Nova's shields. They were powerful enough to withstand the "herald, my rage blast". Also, what's to stop Rich from wrapping BRB in a gravimetric weave and KO'ing him with cgp?

darthgoober
Glads could have ended that fight at any time but again, he toyed with him. The only time Glad got serious was when Nova grabbed his cape and dragged him from the moon, hitting him with that blast.

Well, you cant call it a kill when all in all, we know that stardust will regenerate and come back but the part Im referring to was when grabbed stardust and flew her to a planet destroying it and then grabbed her spear and put it on her chest, ramming it with his hammer.

That was a two shot.
He seemed to be pretty serious when he threw the massive train...

So you're saying that you don't think Nova could stand having a spear driven through his chest with enough force to destroy a planet... neither do I. BTW, since when does Bill have Stardust's spear in this fight? If Bill doesn't have it, then whether or not Nova could withstand having Bill drive it through his chest is kinda moot...

Yeah and it momentarily shattered her physical form... but then again so did Storm's lightning, and I'm pretty sure Nova could tank lightning. So yeah, I think Nova could tank an attack that momentarily blew up Stardust...

carver9
He seemed to be pretty serious when he threw the massive train...

So you're saying that you don't think Nova could stand having a spear driven through his chest with enough force to destroy a planet... neither do I. BTW, since when does Bill have Stardust's spear in this fight? If Bill doesn't have it, then whether or not Nova could withstand having Bill drive it through his chest is kinda moot...

Yeah and it momentarily shattered her physical form... but then again so did Storm's lightning, and I'm pretty sure Nova could tank lightning. So yeah, I think Nova could tank an attack that momentarily blew up Stardust...

I think the slam that destroyed that planet would ko Nova, let alone those planet destroying hammer shots.

When did Storm lightning do that to Star Dust?

carver9
You're forgetting Nova's shields. They were powerful enough to withstand the "herald, my rage blast". Also, what's to stop Rich from wrapping BRB in a gravimetric weave and KO'ing him with cgp?

Or whats to stop bill from hitting nova with that blast that busted through Galactus Hull?

Any energy output that nova dishes out, I'm pretty sure by a 100% that bill can absorb it. Hell, I think he could tank it since this is the same guy that was asleep in the core of the sun.

carver9
Originally posted by kgkg
laughing out loud wtf it didn't even look like Stardust was K.O'ed let alone die.

Read it again. Star Dust was knocked the Fu** out.

kgkg
Read it again. Star Dust was knocked the Fu** out. Are you referring to their first fight or second?

carver9
Originally posted by kgkg
Are you referring to their first fight or second?

The first fight. The second one was hard to tell but I'm pretty sure stardust was knocked out since she was just floating around in space with her arms to the side.

darthgoober
I think the slam that destroyed that planet would ko Nova, let alone those planet destroying hammer shots.

When did Storm lightning do that to Star Dust?
Well you're welcome to think that, but I disagree. Like someone else said Rich's shields withstood the "Herald my Rage" blast, I'm pretty sure that at the very least they could reduce the force of of the shot to something someone capable of taking punches from Glads and Thor can withstand(at least for a while).

A while back...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/F4-V1-546-008.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/F4-V1-546-009.jpg

carver9
Well you're welcome to think that, but I disagree. Like someone else said Rich's shields withstood the "Herald my Rage" blast, I'm pretty sure that at the very least they could reduce the force of of the shot to something someone capable of taking punches from Glads and Thor can withstand(at least for a while).

A while back...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/F4-V1-546-008.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/F4-V1-546-009.jpg

Is that not the same book where Black Panther subdued the Surfer?

Not a good book to use if you ask me.

So do you think Nova can pull some wins from Bill?

dmills
Nope. Basically the grav weave increases brb's mass so much that he becomes too heavy to move. The cgp is basically Nova's version of a mindrape. Thousands of tons of compressed gravimetric energy being blasted right into your brain. BRB will be KTFO.

Bouboumaster
1- It would be a good match: Both of them have been owned by current Surfer, in a way that is illegal in Alabama. In my mind, they're pretty equal, maybe with an edge to Bill.

2- The Corps.

Enyalus
In my eyes I already picture him as a high herald, with this upgrade......WOW.
I don't think I agree. Even with the full Nova Force, he was utterly embarrassed by Current Surfer (high-herald.) I'd put him somewhere between low-herald and mid-herald, currently.

Also, BRB in #1. Corps in #2.

the ninjak
Depends on how many Nova there are in the Corp the World mind distributes power amongst all of them. Currently ....yeah

Nope. Basically the grav weave increases brb's mass so much that he becomes too heavy to move. The cgp is basically Nova's version of a mindrape. Thousands of tons of compressed gravimetric energy being blasted right into your brain. BRB will be KTFO.

Plus they can vibrate specific matter while moving at high speeds, not violent enough to hurt BRB but on his helmet would be pretty deafening. Plus Nova is Destroyer level trained in H2H combat.

BRB goes down IMO
Nova Corps are awesome and very underated. And anyone who uses the Annihiliation Waves destruction of the previous Corps doesn't understand the magnitude of the Wave's potentential.

dmills
Yep. He owned Gamora and current Drax. I almost forgot how good a h2h fighter Rich is.

dmills
Why do people keep saying Nova was embarrassed by SS? He wasn't.

carver9
Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't think I agree. Even with the full Nova Force, he was utterly embarrassed by Current Surfer (high-herald.) I'd put him somewhere between low-herald and mid-herald, currently.

Also, BRB in #1. Corps in #2.

Its not good to use Current Surfer to judge someones power. This is the same surfer that took hits from tenebrous and was still moving around trying to fight.

We dont even know where current Surfer power level is at but he is on a completely different level and Surfer has always been the embodiment of high herald (besides Thor).

Surfer embarrising Nova by no means puts him below the high herald chart.

Enyalus
Yep. He owned Gamora and current Drax. I almost forgot how good a h2h fighter Rich is.
He didn't own either of them H2H. Drax he dropped with a blast.
Why do people keep saying Nova was embarrassed by SS? He wasn't.
Uh...huh. What would you call it, then? He was decisively inferior.

carver9
He didn't own either of them H2H. Drax he dropped with a blast.

Uh...huh. What would you call it, then? He was decisively inferior.

What high herald is equal or greater than Surfer (besides Thor)?

Enyalus
What high herald is equal or greater than Surfer (besides Thor)?
IMO, none. But if you're also a high herald, you shouldn't be outclassed that badly (which Nova acknowledges prior to that, in Annihilation.)

the ninjak
This is a BRB fight!
Though honestly even Full WorldMind Nova shouldn't beat the Surfer.

carver9
IMO, none. But if you're also a high herald, you shouldn't be outclassed that badly (which Nova acknowledges prior to that, in Annihilation.)

But again, why shouldnt you be outclassed by someone like the surfer who could basically do anything?

Surfer was moving so fast in that fight that Nova thought he was being hit by a blast when it was actually Surfer punching him (and nova has Super Speed).

Honestly, I put Surfer above the high herald chart and I could see him embarrassing everyone on the high herald list (except Thor) like that because he possess the power to do so.

Look at his fight against Bill, he did the exact same thing and this was the same Bill that defeated a universal threat and walked through Star Dust like she was nothing.

Warlord
nova is vastly underated in these forums...having said that Bill should win a slight majority.

the corps win in the second fight

celeyhyga17

he aint that good

dmills
He didn't own either of them H2H. Drax he dropped with a blast. He mixed it up with some blasts. So if you have to be technical... Also go back and re-read his fights with Gamora.

I call it FIS. Anyone who read that fight without FIS should call a stalemate with a slight edge to Surfer in terms of wow factor. But he certainly didn't embarrass Nova.

Nova spent most of the fight going through his usual whinny little pleas not to fight as he always does, (a minor annoyance of mine with the character) then when he realized SS apparently wasn't going to listen he damn near knocked him off his board. Even when they clashed and went planetside Nova was still trying to reason with the surfer.

Not saying surfer couldn't stomp Nova, but that damn sure isn't the fight to try and make the case.

CosmicComet
Nova looked quite good against Surfer, better than Bill had recently. Nova not being limited by Worldmind would have done even better.

-K-M-
Curious as to what people say, but what would you people say Bill's greatest feats are? (Coming from a big Bill fan)

carver9
Originally posted by -K-M-
Curious as to what people say, but what would you people say Bill's greatest feats are? (Coming from a big Bill fan)

Defeating a universal threat and busting through Galactus Hull.

-K-M-
Defeating a universal threat and busting through Galactus Hull.

What universal threat? Asteroth? Tanaraq (He didn't actually fight him)?

quanchi112
Damn lie. mad Bran's a tricky one.

carver9
What universal threat? Asteroth? Tanaraq (He didn't actually fight him)?

Yes, Asteroth, which was noted more than once as being a universal threat.

I can also include the feat of him defending and aiding Galactus against attacks that not even Silver Surfer or Stardust together couldnt help a dying Galactus with.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Bran's a tricky one.

Bran is VERY tricky.

It is very stressful debating against him sometimes.

-K-M-
Yes, Asteroth, which was noted more than once as being a universal threat.

I can also include the feat of him defending and aiding Galactus against attacks that not even Silver Surfer or Stardust together couldnt help a dying Galactus with.

He didn't straight up beat her let alone on his own. Heck it was Alpha Ray after getting augmented by Galactus that put her back in the black hole not BRB. erm

That's not his best.

edit: If your talking about Omega Ray, she lost most of her power and Bill literally died in defeating Ray.

carver9
He didn't straight up beat her let alone on his own. Heck it was Alpha Ray after getting augmented by Galactus that put her back in the black hole not BRB. erm

That's not his best.

edit: If your talking about Omega Ray, she lost most of her power and Bill literally died in defeating Ray.

Where is galactus at and show me where she was put in the black hole?

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/446/stormbreaker5204me.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5725/stormbreaker5211ge.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/i/stormbreaker522233it.jpg/

-K-M-
Where is galactus at and show me where she was put in the black hole?

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/446/stormbreaker5204me.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5725/stormbreaker5211ge.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/i/stormbreaker522233it.jpg/

Ummm...did you not read the series? This is Asteroth true form and at her most powerful.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/asterothbrb.htm

This form was sent into the black hole with Galactus help and then she later came back as Omega Ray (and as noted was drastically weakened) and Bill literally died defeated the weaker Ray. haha once again context.

carver9
Ummm...did you not read the series? This is Asteroth true form and at her most powerful.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/asterothbrb.htm

This form was sent into the black hole with Galactus help and then she later came back as Omega Ray (and as noted was drastically weakened) and Bill literally died defeated the weaker Ray. haha once again context.

I know about everything that you've mention but didnt Bill also have a good showing against that asteroth (flying her through a planet, etc.....).

-K-M-
I know about everything that you've mention but didnt Bill also have a good showing against that asteroth (flying her through a planet, etc.....).

No I seriously doubt you do, and no he got steamrolled and he had help from Stardust. So no where did he beat a universally threat. In the mini yes Bill destroyed a planet against Stardust, but not once did he come close to defeating a full power Asteroth as you claimed. In the fight with Omega Ray, Bill's body was destroyed and his soul was transported into the deceased body of Simon Walters (human)by an unknown person.

I remember in another thread you said he beat Tanaraq too...he didn't, that was just Sasquatch and Tanaraq caused him to see illusions making friends look like his enemies (and Bill didn't even beat Sasquatch either)

carver9
No I seriously doubt you do, and no he got steamrolled and he had help from Stardust. So no where did he beat a universally threat. In the mini yes Bill destroyed a planet against Stardust, but not once did he come close to defeating a full power Asteroth as you claimed. In the fight with Omega Ray, Bill literally died and his soul was transported into the deceased body of Simon Walters (human)by an unknown person.

I remember in another thread you said he beat Tanaraq too...he didn't, that was just Sasquatch and Tanaraq caused him to see illusions making friends look like his enemies (and Bill didn't even beat Sasquatch either)

I never said he beat tanaraq, I said that he beat an amped sasquash and I also said that he beat the wrecking crew AMPED by tanaraq.

He didnt get steamrolled by Asteroth.

-K-M-
I never said he beat tanaraq, I said that he beat an amped sasquash and I also said that he beat the wrecking crew AMPED by tanaraq.

ORLY?
Do you know who tanaraq is, just read up on what a none holding back bill did to him. I can post it if you want.

Here goes that tanaraq fight.

http://g.imagehost.org/view/0840/OmegaFlight_5_0004
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0504/OmegaFlight_5_0005
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0907/OmegaFlight_5_0006

Isn't Tanaraq skyfather level? One of the Great Beasts, or whatever?

Yep

Travel speed I would agree with but combat speed, NO. They have combat speed feats. Didnt beta ray bill punch a Fernus wolf 8 times before it reacted. Didnt bill blitz tanaraq and had a hammer to his face before it react? Lets not even bring up their traveling speed.

Shall I continue?

and I also said that he beat the wrecking crew AMPED by tanaraq.

Ummm...no he didn't. Hell, Wrecker beat BRB. Seriously do you read the issues? BRB never even knocked out one Crew memeber or even came close to it.

Ummmm...yes he did. This is even the aftermath against the much weaker Omega Ray
1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/Stormbreaker620.jpg
2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/Stormbreaker621.jpg

Seriously did you read the series or not?

carver9
ORLY?

Shall I continue?

Ummm...no he didn't. Hell, Wrecker beat BRB. Seriously do you read the issues? BRB never even knocked out one Crew memeber or even came close to it.

Ummmm...yes he did. This is even the aftermath against the much weaker Omega Ray
1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/Stormbreaker620.jpg
2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/Stormbreaker621.jpg

Seriously did you read the series or not?

You got me (except with the Bill vs Aestroth fight).

Bill had a pretty decent showing if you ask me.

-K-M-
You got me (except with the Bill vs Aestroth fight).

Bill had a pretty decent showing if you ask me.

Based on?

Bouboumaster
He mixed it up with some blasts. So if you have to be technical... Also go back and re-read his fights with Gamora.

I call it FIS. Anyone who read that fight without FIS should call a stalemate with a slight edge to Surfer in terms of wow factor. But he certainly didn't embarrass Nova.

Nova spent most of the fight going through his usual whinny little pleas not to fight as he always does, (a minor annoyance of mine with the character) then when he realized SS apparently wasn't going to listen he damn near knocked him off his board. Even when they clashed and went planetside Nova was still trying to reason with the surfer.

Not saying surfer couldn't stomp Nova, but that damn sure isn't the fight to try and make the case.

Dude. Surfer humiliated Rich, and he wasn't even there to kill him.

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5162/scan0010ct3.jpg

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/8756/scan0011pd5.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5452/scan0012pi8.jpg

Look at the dialogue:
Nova and the Worldmind both agree that Nova is about to open a can of flavored Silver Surfer Whoop-Ass can if he stay there.

And this is how Ryder fight back:
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7435/scan0013pb5.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7016/scan0014hl8.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5113/scan0015hd2.jpg

Surfer doesn't seem even phased in the third page. He took the hit at full power.

Surfer would litteraly eats Rich Ryder.

dmills
*SIGH* Boubou master, I guess I'll have to school you. The class is called Nova Prime 101.

Lesson 1) Never, and I mean NEVER, pay attention to what the OG WM said regarding combat. Richard almost never did. Any Nova fan knows that the WM as was configured at that time was always bitching about Richard getting into fights and overexagerrating every threat level situation. Why? Because it was only interested in one thing, self preservation. Period. A prime example, WM bitching about being doomed on the planet that Galactus was about to consume. Richard said hell no, and went up one of Galactus's energy siphons (nice durability feat btw) and survived. Had he listened to WM he would've been dead.

Lesson 2) When Rich say's "What I'd like is full gravimetric" it isn't the same as using full power. What it means is that he wants full access to his gravimetric power so he can use it with as much force as he deems appropriate. So for example, he could use it with say, 300 tons of force. He did the same thing to Xenith when he knocked her ass out. Or when he sealed a door with 200 tons of gravimetric force. Since his access to the Nova Force is unlimited, he can use as much as he wants. Hence the term "gravimetric".

And lastly lesson 3)

Any Nova fan knows that Richard Rider plays the reluctant hero all too often. It's become a ridiculously predictable and annoying trait of the character that Nova fans complain about. Whenever he's about to fight someone powerful we all know he's going to go through his usual panel or 2 of whinning "Stop", "no", or my personal favorite,"please, we don't have to do this", before he opens up the whoopass. It's just a part of the character now. His CIS factor if you will. The only time we've ever seen him cut loose was during annihilation just after he got his amp and somewhat during the Drax stomp when infected with phalanax.

So I hope that helps you to understand the character a bit better.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by SevenShackles

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/562276-beta_ray_bill_dougie_braithwaite18_super.jpg
vs
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/772768-99_nova_27_super.jpg

Well I can kinda see brb wining a one on one fight but still not sure bout how he would do aginst nova prime and his nova corp. Some one I kno even thinks nova corp without prime can take hiim sooo what you guys think

cdtm

Wow, that'd be before he had the full Nova power? O_o

Although Gladiator tends to have showings all over the place. Black Bolt took him to the limit in a brawl too, and Glads peaks are well above BB's peaks (As in, approaching Pre Crisis Superman level feats..)

But even given that, taking a direct hit from Galactus is > taking a beating from Gladiator, imo. Plus, Bill actually GRAPPLED with Stardust with cosmic power singing his entire body (Because he sent his hammer away to hit Stardust from behind, the same way Silver Surfer sent his board into the back of Bills head.)

cdtm
*SIGH* Boubou master, I guess I'll have to school you. The class is called Nova Prime 101.

Lesson 1) Never, and I mean NEVER, pay attention to what the OG WM said regarding combat. Richard almost never did. Any Nova fan knows that the WM as was configured at that time was always bitching about Richard getting into fights and overexagerrating every threat level situation. Why? Because it was only interested in one thing, self preservation. Period. A prime example, WM bitching about being doomed on the planet that Galactus was about to consume. Richard said hell no, and went up one of Galactus's energy siphons (nice durability feat btw) and survived. Had he listened to WM he would've been dead.

Lesson 2) When Rich say's "What I'd like is full gravimetric" it isn't the same as using full power. What it means is that he wants full access to his gravimetric power so he can use it with as much force as he deems appropriate. So for example, he could use it with say, 300 tons of force. He did the same thing to Xenith when he knocked her ass out. Or when he sealed a door with 200 tons of gravimetric force. Since his access to the Nova Force is unlimited, he can use as much as he wants. Hence the term "gravimetric".

And lastly lesson 3)

Any Nova fan knows that Richard Rider plays the reluctant hero all too often. It's become a ridiculously predictable and annoying trait of the character that Nova fans complain about. Whenever he's about to fight someone powerful we all know he's going to go through his usual panel or 2 of whinning "Stop", "no", or my personal favorite,"please, we don't have to do this", before he opens up the whoopass. It's just a part of the character now. His CIS factor if you will. The only time we've ever seen him cut loose was during annihilation just after he got his amp and somewhat during the Drax stomp when infected with phalanax.

So I hope that helps you to understand the character a bit better.

The Drax stomping was fun, and I think partial intent was to shout "No, Drax isn't uber powerful now/anymore! He's Thanos's Kryptonite!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.