Superman vs. Dr. Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Epic fight

Harbinger
In before close.

Parmaniac
The big blue penis ftw

Starscream M
Dr. Manhattan

Omega Vision
I think going by the "he has no feats" interpretation of DM, Superman wins but going by implied power/basic logic DM stomps.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Harbinger
In before close. you beat me to it... mad

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Harbinger
In before close. Why would this thread be closed?Manhattan is a comci character.It's not a one sided fight.Why?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think going by the "he has no feats" interpretation of DM, Superman wins but going by implied power/basic logic DM stomps. Well I must admit I've only watched the movie I thought they transferred his feats more or less confused

Survivor19
Dr Manhatten : "in exactly 0.0000001989 s. i am killed by the punch in the nose in superspeed"

Black bolt z
Some feats of doctor manhattan are being recreated after be totally deatomized,creating a giant clockwork piece from scratch on mars,and (it didn't show this but he siad he would do it)create life on mars.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Well I must admit I've only watched the movie I thought they transferred his feats more or less confused
Well movie DM has city destroying feats (most likely the portion of his power that was replicated for that purpose was only the tip of the iceberg, after all Adrian didn't want to destroy the world or anything like that) which put him above comic DM who IIRC never destroyed anything larger than a person with normal human durability.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Some feats of doctor manhattan are being recreated after be totally deatomized,creating a giant clockwork piece from scratch on mars,and (it didn't show this but he siad he would do it)create life on mars. Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well movie DM has city destroying feats (most likely the portion of his power that was replicated for that purpose was only the tip of the iceberg, after all Adrian didn't want to destroy the world or anything like that) which put him above comic DM who IIRC never destroyed anything larger than a person with normal human durability.
It never really shows how much power he can use but obviously from the feats that he has shown he is definitly not,in any sense of the word, a pushover.

"Id"
I think its a bad match up in DM favor. Weakness exploitation through his quasi cosmic awareness should do the trick.

Simbon
It doesn't matter if you go by the "limited feats" argument, when those limited feats include precognition, the ability to disintegrate opponents with a thought, the ability to reconstitute oneself after disintegration, create multiples of oneself, grow to giant size etc. What is a punch going to do that disintegration doesn't? Only Pre-Crisis superman or maybe SBP have high enough WTF factors for it to even be thinkable that they could hurt Doc Manhattan.

tkitna
Epic fight

Epic fail more like it. What exactly is Superman supposed to do to a matter manipulator with god like powers?

Manhatten waves his hand and Superman ceases to exist.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by tkitna
Epic fail more like it. What exactly is Superman supposed to do to a matter manipulator with god like powers?

Manhatten waves his hand and Superman ceases to exist. I took the idea from the SS vs. doc thread and isn't superman>SS

Omega Vision
I took the idea from the SS vs. doc thread and isn't superman>SS
Only in h/h and a few small areas, for the most part SS>Superman.

The Nuul
Combo to KO FTW!

Omega Vision
Originally posted by The Nuul
Combo to KO FTW!
I wonder if Combo to KO could cancel out the Bat-kick. hmm

galactusischere
Neither win.

The Nuul
I wonder if Combo to KO could cancel out the Bat-kick. hmm Originally posted by galactusischere
Neither win.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Survivor19
Dr Manhatten : "in exactly 0.0000001989 s. i am killed by the punch in the nose in superspeed"

lol

Dr Manhattan, why would this thread be closed? His feast are enough in my opinion, SM cant do anything to him.

The Nuul

But Supermans speed is 0.0000001989 X10v=&^&%^^&&^%^X #%$%&( X 6 = $^&((%#####_)_+()&%)_)_++^&%$

= this equation means Superman can beat anyone.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Dr Manhattan, why would this thread be closed? His feast are enough in my opinion, SM cant do anything to him.
Some have claimed that the fact that he never destroyed anything with super-durability is proof enough that he can't do shit to guys like Superman or Surfer despite his proven control over matter to a molecular and even at times atomic level.

tkitna
isn't superman>SS

no

Black bolt z
Some have claimed that the fact that he never destroyed anything with super-durability is proof enough that he can't do shit to guys like Superman or Surfer despite his proven control over matter to a molecular and even at times atomic level. What do you mean never destroyed anything with super durability?He was never given anything of super durability to destroy...
He blew up people with a thought
He rearragned himself from being de-atomized
He has cosmic awareness
He can create solib objects out of scratch
He can change his size at will
He is a being of almost pure logic
He said he can create life
Your saying that those are feats that superman can easily defeat?

Omega Vision
What do you mean never destroyed anything with super durability?He was never given anything of super durability to destroy...
He blew up people with a thought
He rearragned himself from being de-atomized
He has cosmic awareness
He can create solib objects out of scratch
He can change his size at will
He is a being of almost pure logic
He said he can create life
Your saying that those are feats that superman can easily defeat?
Not at all, just that his lack of combat feats lead him to being seriously underrated on these forums.

Slaanesh
Dr. Manhattan

Newjak
Some have claimed that the fact that he never destroyed anything with super-durability is proof enough that he can't do shit to guys like Superman or Surfer despite his proven control over matter to a molecular and even at times atomic level. Its not so much that proves he can't, it simply proves that there is no way of knowing if his ability to control matter will override those super-durables people's ability to be held together.

I mean Superman, Silver Surfer, Thanos, etc have all gone through black holes. So there molecules and atoms and bonds are held together pretty tightly. So much so I would question if with a simple gesture DM is breaking them

But imo based on the above mentioned character's feats I would be inclined to say no.

Newjak
Not at all, just that his lack of combat feats lead him to being seriously underrated on these forums. Its not so much underrating DM as making sure other characters in turn don't get underrated themselves simply because they are put up against DM.

Survivor19
I hope you do realize these are all the feats that various Superman's defeated oponents has exhibited. DM may be being of pure logic, but Superman is BEYOND LOGIC AND COMPARSION. And thus wins.
i'll leave shokosugi to back my words with scans and other sh%t.

Lord_Talron
DM implied powerlevel puts him way above supes easily

Warlord
DM gets new red underwear to cover his blue nakedness

manx422
Superman

Warlord
dies

manx422
Originally posted by Warlord
Dr. Manhattan dies thumb up

the ninjak
Dr Manhattan can't be beaten there would always be another clone ready to teleport in.

Survivor19
I am pretty sure he can be punched out. After all, we've never been shown that failing on him.

Slaanesh
I am pretty sure he can be punched out. After all, we've never been shown that failing on him.

he reform after being destroy..what is punching gonna do??

Survivor19
Knock. Him. Out.

Warlord
Knock. Him. Out.

yes but exactly is it gonna do... cool

the ninjak
Knock. Him. Out.

He. Has. Clones.
Waiting to teleport in and do damage!

Omega Vision
Knock. Him. Out.
I don't think you can KO Doc, all you can do is disperse his form. Manhattan seems to be a displaced consciousness that exists across an entire timeline simultaneously and most likely has no one spot that he inhabits and only inhabits a general area of space at any given instant. When you look upon his naked blue form you only see a visual manifestation of a transcendent consciousness. The reason Adrian's attempt at subtracting his Intrinsic Field failed is that all he was doing was destroying his physical form which Doc replaced as easily as he made those duplicates while sexing Laurie.

Survivor19
And let's not forget Superman can win it by just singing!

Wimjet
when DM got into a spat with Laurie she threw something at him and he just phazed it through him, couldnt he just do the same with Supes attacks??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.