Frank Castle vs Wildcat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Pure hth fight. Who wins?

the ninjak
Nine lives at any given time means what?
Kinda makes him sound immortal.

namorsubby
Grant's never had anything but pure h2h to assist him in battle. He rock's castle's jaw.

Blanket
Frankencastle?

namorsubby
it didn't specifically state so, so I assumed it wasn't.

Q99
Originally posted by the ninjak
Nine lives at any given time means what?
Kinda makes him sound immortal.

He had 9 lives. Then he died 8 times (last one at the hands of none other than Jay Garrick, so that he wouldn't qualify as powered any more to escape control of the Spear of Destiny). Now he's got one and no powers.

Wild Shadow
wouldnt the fact that he is still alive even with one life not be considered that in itself a superpower? just saying... whistle

Q99
It's not a superpower if it's the same number of lives as everyone else smile

namorsubby
Originally posted by Q99
He had 9 lives. Then he died 8 times (last one at the hands of none other than Jay Garrick, so that he wouldn't qualify as powered any more to escape control of the Spear of Destiny). Now he's got one and no powers. Wldcat just died again(killed by Mangog) in like the last issue of JSA, and I think his nine lives may have started over again. Frankly though, I think Ted may have just lost count. That seems like somethng you'd wanna keep track off, but he doesn't even seem to care, which is alarming.lol

celeyhyga17
Wildcat is all about H2H combat. Frank is more of a bullet in yo face guy even though he is an accomplished H2H combatant.

Wildcat wins 8/10

JakeTheBank
Wildcat was cast with a spell so he would always have nine lives, iirc. It was said in one issue of JSA that you would have to kill him many times in rapid succession to make the death stick.

Trackz
Originally posted by namorsubby
it didn't specifically state so, so I assumed it wasn't. if it didn't specifically state, you'd go with the more current version, no?

namorsubby
It says "Frank Castle" instead of "Frankencastle" so I assumed it was Frank Castle.

oh, yeah, and I just read up on Wildcat's new "power". He has to be killed like nine times in a row for him to die.....pretty coolthumb up

Q99
Still, doesn't matter a lot in a HtH fight.

Deadline
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wildcat is all about H2H combat. Frank is more of a bullet in yo face guy even though he is an accomplished H2H combatant.

Wildcat wins 8/10

Thats true but hes still one of the best and hes arguably top tier. I don't know much about Wildcat though.

-Pr-
Standard Castle? Wildcat takes it imo.

Trackz
It says "Frank Castle" instead of "Frankencastle" so I assumed it was Frank Castle.

oh, yeah, and I just read up on Wildcat's new "power". He has to be killed like nine times in a row for him to die.....pretty coolthumb up Frankencastle is the title of the story arc, not his actual name in the book.

Deadline
What feats does WC have?

Wild Shadow
in a pure h2h i think wildcat will beat the snot out of frank... although frank would give him his best shot but, WC is agile hits hard and he did pretty good against Hawkman...

BruceSkywalker
since no guns are allowed...

Wildcat is a pure h2h guy and franks h2h is good but no where near Wildcat's..

Wildcat stomps too easy

Deadline
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Wildcat is a pure h2h guy and franks h2h is good but no where near Wildcat's..

Prove it.

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
in a pure h2h i think wildcat will beat the snot out of frank... although frank would give him his best shot but, WC is agile hits hard and he did pretty good against Hawkman...

I would debate with you but it would probably be a waste of time.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Deadline
What feats does WC have?

I could just tell you, but for some reason you seem like a "show me" kinda guy. lol,jk

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t495763.html

Deadline
I could just tell you, but for some reason you seem like a "show me" kinda guy. lol,jk

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t495763.html

I haven't looked through all of it but for the most part I haven't seen him do anything that Punisher isn't capable of.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=527917&pagenumber=4

Prep-Man
WC did handle bruce really well. Didn't beat the guy, but held his own.

Deadline
Originally posted by Prep-Man
WC did handle bruce really well. Didn't beat the guy, but held his own.

Punisher has also made Cap look like a chump after he got jumped by him. Punisher would hold his own against Batman as well.

Juntai
Wildcat.

godking
I haven't looked through all of it but for the most part I haven't seen him do anything that Punisher isn't capable of.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=527917&pagenumber=4 Punisher is at best lower top 15 he can on occasion give better fighters trouble but he loses a healthy majority against the top tier.

Deadline
Originally posted by godking
Punisher is at best lower top 15 he can on occasion give better fighters trouble but he loses a healthy majority against the top tier.

Like who?

namorsubby
Pretty much all Wildcat every uses is his fists.....all the time. h2h is his nitch, and IMO, punisher is not a top tier h2h combatant.

Deadline
Pretty much all Wildcat every uses is his fists.....all the time. h2h is his nitch, and IMO, punisher is not a top tier h2h combatant.

Thats pretty much why I wouldn't say that Wolverine is as skilled as Cap or DD, he uses his claws and HF more than skill, but he does use skill alot. The problem is he has good showings against people that could possibly beat WC, and all these people use h2h more than Punisher does.

I think he arguably is top tier.

leonidas
wildcat--forgetting the lives he's just better. castle does have a couple good h2h showings though. this would be a pretty good and brutal fight. still WC for the high majority. maybe 8/10.

Deadline
Originally posted by leonidas
wildcat--forgetting the lives he's just better.

There really isn't any coherent proof that he is but I can see why you say that.

castle does have a couple good h2h showings though.

No hes got much more than that.

this would be a pretty good and brutal fight. still WC for the high majority. maybe 8/10.

I disagree it also depends on which version.

namorsubby
Ted took out a machine gun armed hawkman while injured(shot with an arrow) and a powerful incarnation of solomon grundy with only his fists. he has several stalemates with batman and one technical win, and that was as an old man before he became rejuvenated. He's even fought Jay Garrick. Ted only uses his bare knuckles to achieve his feats.....for him it's pretty much h2h all the time.....I'm not sure frank can compete with that.

jalek moye
I say Wild Cat wins in the end after a hard fight

Deadline
Ted took out a machine gun armed hawkman while injured(shot with an arrow)

Punisher has taken on Daken with a broken leg, unhealed wounds and pyschological damage. Didn't winm but he did very well in his condition.

and a powerful incarnation of solomon grundy with only his fists.

He night have been powerful but if you serioulsy expect me to believe that Wildcat could take him out and Sentinel can't then you have another thing coming. Punisher has taken out a beserk Tiger Shark and part of the fight was underwater. Not as good but not that far off.

Solomon Grundys strength can vary depending on the incarnation

he has several stalemates with batman and one technical win, and that was as an old man before he became rejuvenated. He's even fought Jay Garrick. Ted only uses his bare knuckles to achieve his feats.....for him it's pretty much h2h all the time.....I'm not sure frank can compete with that.

I see what you're saying but every person that Punisher has got good h2h showings against has better h2h feats and uses their fists more often.

Hes owned and stalemated a guy thats beaten Black Panther. Is Batman and Black Panther. Punisher has lots of good showings against Daredevil.

namorsubby
Punisher has taken on Daken with a broken leg, unhealed wounds and pyschological damage. Didn't winm but he did very well in his condition.

He night have been powerful but if you serioulsy expect me to believe that Wildcat could take him out and Sentinel can't then you have another thing coming. Punisher has taken out a beserk Tiger Shark and part of the fight was underwater. Not as good but not that far off.

Solomon Grundys strength can vary depending on the incarnation

I see what you're saying but every person that Punisher has got good h2h showings against has better h2h feats and uses their fists more often.

Hes owned and stalemated a guy thats beaten Black Panther. Is Batman and Black Panther. Punisher has lots of good showings against Daredevil.

Ted won because he used the only thing in his environment powerful enough to KO Grundy.....his own force and momentum. He's a brawler, but he's no dummy.......grundy, unfortunately, is.

and yeah, Grundy had just been battling Alan all last issue, so that particular incarnation was no slouch by any means.

I don't think I can think of a character who uses only his fists more than Wildcat, not only that, but one that only uses his fists and has comparable feats(well, actually, Temugin, KK, and some others, but I'm sure Frank hasn't had a run-in with them). With Grant, there's no gadgets, no weapons, no powers or enhancements to speak of. Could you Name some?

Alot of times, an adversary of a hero is displayed as much less formiddable when he engages another. For example, a villian named Bruan, who once beat Lady Shiva and Black Canary in close combat, was beaten in h2h by Huntress.Also, I don't think Black panther or other enhanced MA's are as skilled as Batman or other non-enhanced MA's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.