What Would You Ask God If You Had The Chance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

myinnerself
OK IF YOU COULD SPEAK TO GOD AND GET AN ANSWER WHAT WOULD YOU ASK...AND ALL COULD HEAR THE ANSWER

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by myinnerself
OK IF YOU COULD SPEAK TO GOD AND GET AN ANSWER WHAT WOULD YOU ASK...AND ALL COULD HEAR THE ANSWER

Where have you been?

Digi
What the ****, man?

Alternates:
"Is there a G spot? And if I'm allowed a follow-up, how do I find it?"

"Pooty pooty?" ...this is a conceptual one. I'd invent my own language on the spot in which "pooty pooty?" is some profound question. If it's really an omniscient God, he/she/it will be able to answer it.

That's also from a Dino Comic I read once. "Pooty pooty?" though it means nothing in the comic. It made me lol, though.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Digi
What the ****, man?

Alternates:
"Is there a G spot? And if I'm allowed a follow-up, how do I find it?"

"Pooty pooty?" ...this is a conceptual one. I'd invent my own language on the spot in which "pooty pooty?" is some profound question. If it's really an omniscient God, he/she/it will be able to answer it.

That's also from a Dino Comic I read once. "Pooty pooty?" though it means nothing in the comic. It made me lol, though.

That's easy: about 3" in and on the top from the front.

Second answer is also easy: Pooter pooter.

You have to work harder at this... cool

Deja~vu
I have always said the same prayer from the years of 7 to propably 13. It was only to be happy.

Is that so much to ask for, I asked?

Symmetric Chaos
Why not show up once in a while? It doesn't have to be all the time, just schedule appearances on talk shows once a decade.

Alternatively if I was feeling dickish at the time: why don't you exist?

Originally posted by Deja~vu
I have always said the same prayer from the years of 7 to propably 13. It was only to be happy.

Is that so much to ask for, I asked?

You are happy, you just didn't know it.

Deja~vu
You are happy, you just didn't know it. laughing out loud

Yeah, that's what I thought.

AsbestosFlaygon
Why is 42 the answer to life, the universe and everything?

Deja~vu
Fibonacci Numbers are god.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&rlz=1R2ADBF_enUS369&oq=&q=Fibonacci+Numbers&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=nvObS73IJY38Nd-y0eYN&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCEQsAQwAw

http://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/nature-golden-ratio-fibonacci.html

Venomancer
Why do you love us after all the crap we put you through..I know your love it's self but geez...

Deja~vu
OK IF YOU COULD SPEAK TO GOD AND GET AN ANSWER WHAT WOULD YOU ASK...AND ALL COULD HEAR THE ANSWER Okay, could you really tell us what is going on here cause no one can figure it out. erm

AsbestosFlaygon
Okay, could you really tell us what is going on here cause no one can figure it out. erm
Apparently, you're the first one who can't understand the question.

To make it easier for you, you basically get one chance to ask God any question you want to ask.

Now do you understand?
Or do you want a 5th grader to rephrase that sentence for you?

Deja~vu
Duh, my question to god is to ask that question.

Thundar

If you ever get to annoying to me or anyone else, is it possible for you to go away.(and don't come back now..ya here...)

Ultraviolence

I would ask him to pay for his crimes against humanity.

SamZED
"wassup?"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ultraviolence
I would ask him to pay for his crimes against humanity.

That's going to go over big. Ultraviolence = pillar of salt. laughing

inimalist
Originally posted by Digi
What the ****, man?

this, only with some additional profanity most likely

Bouboumaster
"I like my dong, but I would like it more with 2 or 3 more inches. Can you make it happen, dude?"

Mindship
OK IF YOU COULD SPEAK TO GOD AND GET AN ANSWER WHAT WOULD YOU ASK...AND ALL COULD HEAR THE ANSWER "Why is this poster shouting?"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
"Why is this poster shouting?"

He wants everyone to hear him. cool

Mindship
pokey

Shakyamunison
pokey

STOP THAT!

Ultraviolence
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That's going to go over big. Ultraviolence = pillar of salt. laughing

This is all hypothetical, you must remember.

Shakyamunison
This is all hypothetical, you must remember.

It's even worse then hypothetical; it's fictional. wink

Deja~vu
Isn't this Sunday "Mithra dies for your sins," day?? reading

Shakyamunison
Isn't this Sunday "Mithra dies for your sins," day?? reading

No, this is Monday; the day Mithra arose from the dead and enslaved all workers. big grin

SamZED
The question Homer asked Ned, about heating food..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by SamZED
The question Homer asked Ned, about heating food..

What was it? eek!

SamZED
What was it? eek! Something like - "Can the God heat a chicken so much that he himself wont be able to eat it?"
No matter what you answer it'd mean that God is not almighty.

Ultraviolence
It's even worse then hypothetical; it's fictional. wink

Are you an atheist or do you believe in another religion?

Shakyamunison
Are you an atheist or do you believe in another religion?

I am a Buddhist, and no I am not a atheist. I simply believe that the Christian god is a man made.

Ultraviolence
I am a Buddhist, and no I am not a atheist. I simply believe that the Christian god is a man made.

You don't see any irony to that? That you believe in religion yet freely claim another one as false? It's not a rhetorical question, just to let you know. I'm just interested to hear your views as a Buddhist on this issue.

Wild Shadow
Buddhism itself isnt a religion.

Shakyamunison

Wild Shadow
i knew i get ur attention.

anyways, Buddhism was meant to be nothing more then examples of how one could reach enlightenment from stories an scriptures.. it then became tradition and a cultural thing.

not saying many dont view it as a religion but it sure @$$ hell not meant to be one but, we know the principle ideas of a founder who didnt want to be a founder gets lost.

Red Nemesis
*as

The word you were looking for was "as." In no sense could the word that you have so cleverly notcensored for us be considered appropriate in that location.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i knew i get ur attention.

anyways, Buddhism was meant to be nothing more then examples of how one could reach enlightenment from stories an scriptures.. it then became tradition and a cultural thing.

not saying many dont view it as a religion but it sure @$$ hell not meant to be one but, we know the principle ideas of a founder who didnt want to be a founder gets lost.

Then why did Buddha have monks and nuns?

mindbomb
i think i would ask god
hey you want to smoke a Bowl?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mindbomb
i think i would ask god
hey you want to smoke a Bowl?

You should ask him if he has anything to put in the bowl. I'm sure his is better. wink

Wild Shadow
Then why did Buddha have monks and nuns? you caught me... why?

while ur at it can you answer why Emmanuel is prayed and worshiped in church with an idol cross that his religion preaches against and he himself said not to worship him but his father?...

Shakyamunison
you caught me... why?

while ur at it can you answer why Emmanuel is prayed and worshiped in church with an idol cross that his religion preaches against and he himself said not to worship him but his father?...

Because Buddhism was a religion, and is a religion. Let me guess: You like Buddhism to a degree, but you hate religion. If Buddhism is a religion, then you have a conflict.

The Christian religion is a composite religion.

Wild Shadow
Because Buddhism was a religion, and is a religion. Let me guess: You like Buddhism to a degree, but you hate religion. If Buddhism is a religion, then you have a conflict.

The Christian religion is a composite religion.

nope.. i lived it and read plenty of scriptures studied it as a kid, young adult and as a MA student as part of my MA training body, spirit and mind and all that jazz...

one thing that really got to me was something that was written about simply living and finding ones own path to enlightenment. it said something about a cook reaching walking his own path and contemplating while cleaning and cooking his own rice to the best of his ability while thinking good thoughts, while a poor monk does the same by doing his daily chores and reaching oneness while sweeping the pavement.

something about no one path to enlightenment is the same as another their fore following an old bhuddist monks way are just examples to how one can reach enlightenment or live.

i dont really want to reread and get into Buddhism to find comments and written scripture that would contradicts the concept of the bhuddism as a religion.

Mindship
i dont really want to reread and get into Buddhism to find comments and written scripture that would contradicts the concept of the bhuddism as a religion. Perhaps Zen Buddhism would be more to your liking. As I understand it, ZB is not keen on doctrine, labels or any type of formal concept. Just zazen.

Wild Shadow
Perhaps Zen Buddhism would be more to your liking. As I understand it, ZB is not keen on doctrine, labels or any type of formal concept. Just zazen. yeah, for a while i was reading some zen books i didnt bother to memorize the author or title name since i was only looking to learn from what it had to say and not focus on who had written it...

Shakyamunison
nope.. i lived it and read plenty of scriptures studied it as a kid, young adult and as a MA student as part of my MA training body, spirit and mind and all that jazz...

one thing that really got to me was something that was written about simply living and finding ones own path to enlightenment. it said something about a cook reaching walking his own path and contemplating while cleaning and cooking his own rice to the best of his ability while thinking good thoughts, while a poor monk does the same by doing his daily chores and reaching oneness while sweeping the pavement.

something about no one path to enlightenment is the same as another their fore following an old bhuddist monks way are just examples to how one can reach enlightenment or live.

i dont really want to reread and get into Buddhism to find comments and written scripture that would contradicts the concept of the bhuddism as a religion.

Put a coin in your hand. Now tell me how many paths to realizing you have a coin in your hand. Enlightenment is being aware of the moment. It is not something that can be attained, because you already have it. It is something you must awaken too.

Wild Shadow
sigh.... the potential of our spiritual growth is their it doesnt mean we are aware of it or feel spiritual...

using or saying path to enlightenment is just an expression of saying one is seeking or trying to find ones spiritual self or "awaken to it".
i hate spiritual semantics its annoying.

Ultraviolence
There is no irony in that.

Well, it actually depends. If I may ask, are you a Buddhist that believes in God(s) or no?

I never said anything remotely close to that so I cannot imagine it either, to be quite honest.

Wild Shadow
any ways i would ask gawd how do you plead?

Shakyamunison

Mindship
sigh.... the potential of our spiritual growth is their it doesnt mean we are aware of it or feel spiritual...

using or saying path to enlightenment is just an expression of saying one is seeking or trying to find ones spiritual self or "awaken to it".
i hate spiritual semantics its annoying. ...and often abused.

Ever lucid dream? Makes a wonderful experiential metaphor for "awakening."

Wild Shadow
...and often abused.

Ever lucid dream? Makes a wonderful experiential metaphor for "awakening." yup, i had some lucid dreams in the past also had some while studying and practicing some breathing meditation exercises... i havent had one in yrs.. my goal was to always have one when meditating or sleeping, sometimes they werent good experiences other times they were great.

Shakyamunison

i hate spiritual semantics its annoying.

Most people take things too literally, and think the idea of finding enlightenment means you don't currently have it. There are many sects of Buddhism that believe that way. If you already realize that you are enlightened, but just not awake, then you should know that enlightenment is not the end of the journey; it is only the beginning.

Wild Shadow
i like to think i was awaken and as enlighten as i could become but i decided to walk away from it once achieving it.

the being surrounded by turds got to me... its like being constantly harassed by a moron while meditating and thinking loving compassionate thoughts toward him and knowing that ur body is just a body and has no real importance in the grand scheme of things.

but the guy just keeps whining prodding instigating trying to get a rise our of you for minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and finally years..

then while sitting there meditating you just say f#@$ it, i tried to be polite teach him, be above such concept of hate and rage but after a yr of constant harassment poking and prodding me you stand up and kick his @$$ pound him to the ground then dust yourself off and go for that beer, cigarettes and women.

Shakyamunison
i like to think i was awaken and as enlighten as i could become but i decided to walk away from it once achieving it.

the being surrounded by turds got to me... its like being constantly harassed by a moron while meditating and thinking loving compassionate thoughts toward him and knowing that ur body is just a body and has no real importance in the grand scheme of things.

but the guy just keeps whining prodding instigating trying to get a rise our of you for minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and finally years..

then while sitting there meditating you just say f#@$ it, i tried to be polite teach him, be above such concept of hate and rage but after a yr of constant harassment poking and prodding me you stand up and kick his @$$ pound him to the ground then dust yourself off and go for that beer, cigarettes and women.

laughing We are all human, and sometimes you have to fulfill someone's Karma.

Mindship
...then while sitting there meditating you just say f#@$ it, i tried to be polite teach him, be above such concept of hate and rage but after a yr of constant harassment poking and prodding me you stand up and kick his @$$ pound him to the ground then dust yourself off and go for that beer, cigarettes and women. No one ever said enlightenment would happen overnight. Could take a lifetime...or two, or three... wink

Actually, I like how Bruce Lee put it: If enlightenment were easy, it wouldn't be worth anything.

...sometimes you have to fulfill someone's Karma. Someone else's? disgust to that.

Ultraviolence

Symmetric Chaos
Okay, that's fair. I'm glad you had the respect to answer my question. Now, this means that I was correct and there is irony present and that irony is that you freely dismiss another religion's God while believing in a God of your own. That really doesn't make much sense to me and, whether you like it or not, is indeed ironic.

It makes plenty of sense to dismiss one god and accept another. To the speaker there is clearly sufficient evidence for the one but not the other.

myinnerself
"Why is this poster shouting?"

cos he's deaf cool COS HE'S DEAF cool cos he's deaf cool

I bet you can hear better than I can, so what if I typed in caps ,I'll do it in Braille so you can see it better. Happy Dance

I bet you can hear better than I can

Shakyamunison
cos he's deaf cool COS HE'S DEAF cool cos he's deaf cool

I bet you can hear better than I can, so what if I typed in caps ,I'll do it in Braille so you can see it better. Happy Dance

I bet you can hear better than I can

Do you have a hearing problem?

Shakyamunison
Okay, that's fair. I'm glad you had the respect to answer my question. Now, this means that I was correct and there is irony present and that irony is that you freely dismiss another religion's God while believing in a God of your own. That really doesn't make much sense to me and, whether you like it or not, is indeed ironic.

It all depends on what you mean by believing. If by believing you mean worship, then you are wrong. I do not worship any god. For personal reasons I believe that the Universe is alive, but it would be silly to worship a god like that.

Ultraviolence
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It makes plenty of sense to dismiss one god and accept another. To the speaker there is clearly sufficient evidence for the one but not the other.

It makes sense to the believer, I suppose.

Deja~vu
What would I ask god? Hey, give us a break, man. What the hell..hell...hell (hehe) is wrong with you? It's hard enough here without you punishing us for not believing in you. Do we punish our children when they do wrong to an eternity of punishment? Heck, we made these children with all the flaws they have just as you made us. Are you going to punish your creation for your artistic work??? Wouldn't it be better to punish the artist? Is the creation liable for it's own creation? Is a painting or scuplture gulity of what it is??

One Free Man
this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud

Deja~vu
I will read this in more depth. I just glanced at it.

Yet I feel that the need for exceptance to this god will always be the word of some chuch. It was the same thing in early centuries. Things like you can get your sins forgiven if only you visit this temple and the relicts. It will save your soul from the tourment of hell.

Today, it has not changed much. Just viisit us, give us your money and we will lead you foreward towards your salvation! OH YES, words from mere men will lead us to our destiny to that place called Heaven! And I will ask this..How will a mans words aid us to this place? And why is a man needed to do this? Does a god really want us because it loves us to be in such a place then wouldn't it make much more sense to just proclaim it from up above? If this super god really want to get the message through to this little planet?? He could make sure that the sky spoke, the sea spoke, and a voice spoken very clearly, yes? It is a god, correct?

Actually a god doesn't NEED ANYTHING or it is lacking. So a god that would make us jump through some hoops is just something made by men as to make money................as always.

Mindship
And why is a man needed to do this? Because we can write our names in the snow w/o using our four articulating appendages.

Deja~vu
God must love you more! It's just not fair. sad

I try to write my name in the snow and you know what? Doesn't look like a name at all.

myinnerself
Do you have a hearing problem? sad yesyes I am deaf and this is one way that I can talk so I might shout but I do it with my fingers and not with my mouth. . Anyway that's life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.