Superman vs. Firelord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magneto1982
The fight takes place in outer space, who wins?

I'd say firelord.

Warlord
Superman unless FL tries some weakness exploitation stuff

Originally posted by Warlord
Superman unless FL tries some weakness exploitation stuff

That should be well within his powers, he is a puny living sun after all

psycho gundam
he most likely powers superman up long before he even goes out of character to de-power him.

superman has this.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
he most likely powers superman up long before he even goes out of character to de-power him.

superman has this.

Why do you assume he irradiates yellow star energy constantly or would use it as an attack?

psycho gundam
galactus made him into a living star basically.

our sun is in it's orange phase anyway, just like firelord

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman wins.

galactus made him into a living star basically.

our sun is in it's orange phase anyway, just like firelord

He just looks orange that doesnt mean he is the same as our sun. Besides I dont think he emits sunlight constantly.

psycho gundam
erm

this all boils down to what standard knowlege is, cause firelord would be out of luck going the standard route

erm

this all boils down to what standard knowlege is, cause firelord would be out of luck going the standard route

He does have cosmic awareness though, and he can see energy, its processing etc. Figuring out how SM works fueled by yellow sunlight and discovering the red star weakness shouldnt be too much trouble.

Other thant that Firelord is actually pretty tough in a fight, he busts planets like nothing.

psycho gundam
firelord really hasn't done all that stuff, seeing energy sure, but then again the only energy superman would emit is body heat and his various visions. really don't see firelord picking up on superman's "secret" unless he says something and/or it falls under common knowledge.

firelord is not the silver surfer

The Nuul

This is the key, FL doesnt have the feats like SS has.

Supes beats FL.

firelord really hasn't done all that stuff, seeing energy sure, but then again the only energy superman would emit is body heat and his various visions. really don't see firelord picking up on superman's "secret" unless he says something and/or it falls under common knowledge.

He has less feats, but he does have CA and he can perceive all forms of electromagnetic radiation and freely manipulate it. He could probably see the solar energy being captured and metabolized by SM's aura. Still, he is far from SS, that's true

galactusischere
FL can't win.

Blanket
I highly doubt Firelord's powers would power him up, as it's more along the lines of heat than actual star energy.

Either way, I could see FL putting up a good fight, but in the end, he won't win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree. I doubt Firelord would power Superman up. His body was transformed into something akin to a living star and his Power Cosmic takes the shape of Cosmic Flame. I don't think he actually radiates Solar energy.

Wild Shadow
FL would see superman energy pattern and put two and two together via cosmic awareness...

kgkg
Superman.

TheTyrant
It greatly pains me to say this, but Superman wins this.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Blanket
Either way, I could see FL putting up a good fight, but in the end, he won't win.
Yup.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
his Power Cosmic takes the shape of Cosmic Flame. I don't think he actually radiates Solar energy. all his general powers are solar based, and there is little if no evidence of his abilities going outside of that theme. he's a living sun......that's it

cycling through different fields of vision is not cosmic awareness, at least not a large part of it anyway.

firelord can see energy patterns and such but that still doesn't mean he can pick up on the yellow star energy dependency of superman before he pumps him full of it (unless of coarse the knowledge thing) and the red sun radiation tip won't happen unless superman opens his big mouth about it. but by this time he'd already have laid firelord out.

JakeTheBank
Superman. As it was pointed out above, Firelord isn't Silver Surfer.

Wild Shadow
exactly FL isnt a pacifist poor supes..

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Blanket
I highly doubt Firelord's powers would power him up, as it's more along the lines of heat than actual star energy. firelord produces his heat by fusing atoms like stars do, and gives off the same particles and stellar temperatures.

Wild Shadow
FL can tank supes attacks and should be able to absorb his HV easy...

his body is designed to travel in space and cope with various pressures and atmospheres.. he has also used his powers to draw in others powers like the super nova guy....

his body has taken a pounding from drax without ill effect.

psycho gundam
^and if he hits superman with one beam it all goes to shit. (assuming he had an advantage to begin with)

AsbestosFlaygon
Firelord powers him up with his innate solar energy.

Superman for the kill.

darthgoober
firelord produces his heat by fusing atoms like stars do, and gives off the same particles and stellar temperatures.
Not really. Firelord's fire/heat is different than that of stars because it's a product of Galactus's alien science. Surfer commented on it during their first battle.

psycho gundam
scan?

i couldn't find it, or it was a page error

darthgoober
scan?

i couldn't find it, or it was a page error
Here you go(3rd panel)...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/silver_surfer_1989_019_19-1.jpg

manx422
Superman

psycho gundam
Originally posted by darthgoober
Here you go(3rd panel)...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/silver_surfer_1989_019_19-1.jpg not sure how i missed that.... messed

but any way, heat is just a byproduct of stellar energies. the summation is that galactus' touch on kril could be to create a stellar fusion process more efficient than an actual star's with a smaller mass to draw from. stick out tongue

doesn't say he's not creating heat by non stellar processes. big grin

and besides, stellar fire is nothing but the sun's atmoshpere. firelord is even able to create solar flares and promenence like blasts himself.

wow, things got too hot for the SS? See, I always thought FL power levels are underestimated. Again, I doubt he would power SM up and I still think he can figure out how SM works with his senses and then go for a yellow star block or drain, or a red star nova, but let's assume he cant. Does no one think he has a chance at victory by just going at SM directly with his powers? How many do you people think he could take?

AsbestosFlaygon
I think he could potentially take 2 out of 10 if his PC-imbued solar energy somehow does not empower Superman.

Regardless, a bloodlusted Superman not holding back would still win this match, imo.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman wins.

psycho gundam
i found an instance of firelord using cosmic awareness, and it was well within a time frame to be used in a combat situation.

i guess he might have a shot at red sun radiation, but im still not sold that he'd do this from the beginning of the fight nor am i convinced it'd give him the win since iv'e never seen him do anything on surfer's level in terms of finesse.

standard firelord type cosmic blasts for the lose.

quanchi112
Superman wins.

i found an instance of firelord using cosmic awareness, and it was well within a time frame to be used in a combat situation.

i guess he might have a shot at red sun radiation, but im still not sold that he'd do this from the beginning of the fight nor am i convinced it'd give him the win since iv'e never seen him do anything on surfer's level in terms of finesse.

standard firelord type cosmic blasts for the lose.

They tear planets apart though

psycho gundam
Originally posted by 753
They tear planets apart though all the more power he'd unintentionally give superman.

guy222
Superman may win, but its not a simple as many believe here

Yall entitled to ur opinion

For me, Kril wins

And I welcome any non believers to message me to my box. Lets not derail a nice thread

Guy222

stick out tongue

carver9
I agree with guy here. I would give Superman the majority over any herald of Galactus besides Surfer, StarDust, and Firelord. I think Firelord is the special mixture of ass whippin for someone with Supes powers.

By the way psycho, you have to look at it like this, Supes heat vision could also power firelord up. Superman only attack that he can use against firelord is his fist whereas firelord can use all of his powers including his physical stats.

Thats is where this come into play (the majority). Then Firelord can also use that nice power of his to encircle himself with cosmic energy also making it difficult for Supes to touch him.

Then to top it off, we have Surfer, a guy who absorbed an entire sun complaining about firelords heat, saying that he couldnt take it.

I still thiink this is a good fight but I'm giving it to firelord 7/10, versatility and power is on his side.

guy222
Good to see ya my friend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.