What do you like about Joruus C'boath?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Heinous
What do you like about the Imperial Dark Jedi Joruus C'boath?

Xizor
I loved how Zahn combined his deadly powe with an ever so close
to self distructing madness. The power play between him and Thrawn
was also very entertaining.

Jedimaster3838
I like how he was a nut. You could never really predict what he was goint to do, I also liked that he was clone.

Jedi Mercenary
I don't like him

Xizor
Then start a "What didn't you like about..." topic.

Jedi Mercenary
hmmmm Maybe I will.............

Xizor
Blue Lightning!!!

Jedi Mercenary
that's right!!

Xizor
His bezerk reactions to things he cannot control. Ysalamari, his being a clone, Thrawn....

Darth Traya
Joruus was a good character...

Illustrious
Wow. That's like a 5.5 year revival.

Darth_Glentract
I liked how he was able to keep up with Thrawn when no one else could.

Tangible God
Yup. And the f*ck's up with this revival?

bogen
who are we talkinbg about now?

Escape81
C'Boath was a fascinating specimen of insanity. He was powerful, and he was a lipsynch in Thrawn's successes. He also engaged in cat-and-mouse battles with the Grand Admiral. He wanted to assume Palpatine's position and reign over the Empire, but knew that he needed Thrawn to get it - just like Thrawn needed him.

He was pretty cool.

chilled monkey
He created a clone of Luke (awesome!)

First case of lightning being blocked by a lightsabre.

Did you know C'Boath was originally intended to be a clone of Obi-Wan?

Captain REX
*dices Traya to bits for bringing back an ancient thread*

What Escape81 said, though; he's insane and that's why he's cool.

And yes I did, Monkey. But Zahn thought it was too much.

CellDweller
He was able to choke Thrawn

vpokdekjyafmidp
he was downright gorgeous

zephiel7
He was one SEXY m*therf**ker!!!!!!!!! smokin'

systemshock2
I liked the fact that he was so complicated. He was insane, but at the same time much of actions involved plans as guided as Thrawn's. He was also sympathetic in one moment, and then absolutely terrifying the other. I could also never tell as well if he truly wanted an apprentice because he yearned to teach them, or because he yearned to rule over someone. Also I loved the cat-and-mouse game he had with Thrawn. It would have also been interesting to see how he would've handled a lightsaber, considering he thought them beneath him and only relied on the force.

Delta 62
Originally posted by CellDweller
He was able to choke Thrawn

C'baoth never choked Thrawn.. only Mara did that, and her Force strength was pretty low at the time. It didn't do much more than constrict his throat muscles a bit, and he was able to fight against it.

Blaxican_Hydra
Originally posted by Darth Heinous

He was black.

Tangible God
You sure about that?

Blaxican_Hydra
Yes, he just bleached himself.

DarthBanevv
Lol.

Darth Sparhawk
Originally posted by Delta 62
C'baoth never choked Thrawn.. only Mara did that, and her Force strength was pretty low at the time. It didn't do much more than constrict his throat muscles a bit, and he was able to fight against it.
The clone did not, but the true one did.

Nikkolas
I like his emphasis on controlling the mind. He considered - and rightly so - that if one can master manipulation of the mind via The Force one can achieve almost anything. Sure others like Kun could summon vast Force powers to drain teh life out of an entire species to destroy his opponents and preserve himself but C'baoth could mentally impart his own brain into others. This is an amazint tactic. The person is thus dependent entirely on you and if you sever the contact, they die. He also took over Thrawn's ship which had a crew of nearly 40,000 and just held them all at bay.

He also outsmarted Thrawn. That is an amazing act in and of itself.

Darth Scythe
He had a ZZ Top beard........ HELLO!?!?!

How did everyone miss that over a 6 year period. ZZ Top beards are teh sex0rz, that's why I'll buy one since I suck at growing facial hair.

Darth C'baoth
He was one of my favorite EU characters. He was ambitions, powerful in the Force, and insane. And I liked how Luke wasn't sure if he was a dark jedi or just carzy lol. I thought that made him more intersting

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by Darth Heinous

His pretty eyes.in_love

Admiral Salar
His insanity, and his ability to control everyone on Thrawns ship

Black bolt z
His craziness.

Because no matter how smart thrawn was, you can't outsmart crazy.

akpwnz
Originally posted by Delta 62

Um, read much? Thrawn was seconds away from death via C'baoth's force choke in Outbound Flight.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by akpwnz
Um, read much? Thrawn was seconds away from death via C'baoth's force choke in Outbound Flight. Um, 5 year old post from a member who doesn't come here anymore? Much?

akpwnz
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Um, 5 year old post from a member who doesn't come here anymore? Much?

Um, because that would make him less wrong, much? I don't keep a list of who still visits these boards.

Lord Lucien
Um, because that would make him less wrong, much? I don't keep a list of who still visits these boards. The board does, though. You can see this handy information within said member's profile. And you can see how old that post is by looking at the date it was posted.

But don't worry, I'm sure he'll be enthused to know someone responded.

ares834
Holy shit just that HWKN just returned from the dead.... Give me a moment to catch my breath...

Um, read much? Thrawn was seconds away from death via C'baoth's force choke in Outbound Flight.

Joruus=/=Jorus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.