AOTC DVD: Little things you've noticed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KJ
For all the cool stuff you noticed while watching the AOTC DVD. Or slowing it down, frame by frame.

When Dooku tries to bring the ceiling down on Yoda look above the rocks. Yoda doesn't just hold up the rocks, he also holds up all the dust. Nice little detail.

During the arena battle, the shot just after 3PO says "I'm beside my self!", look at the botton left of the screen. There is a Jedi lying wounded on the ground. He tries to get up and a battledroid shoots him while he's down, which I thought was kind of cool. smokin'

When Anakin and Padme are on the cart thing (can't remember the name) on Tatooine, watch as Anakin gets out. Behind him there is a little blue creature chasing more creatues.

Did anyone notice that Watto's hat is actually the head of a Pit-Droid?

Bespin Bart
Keen obvservations KJ. Yes, there are quite a lot of Jedi things happening during the Arena battle. I have yet to find Joclad Danva though... (the Jedi that wields two lightsabers in the background and was one of the Jedi survivors in the ring)

finti
Havent seen it in slow mo yet

queeq
Is that the trick?

Homer Simpson seems to be one of the flying machines during the arena battle as well.

KJ
I thought that wasn't true?

queeq
I once saw a very unsharp enhanced bit of a frame. It kinda looked like Homer, but as I said: it seems.

Sabrea
you guys actually have the time to sit and watch the movie for small details?? LoL..well, id probably have the time if i wasnt online 24/7, no comment..

ToMacco
I think in the very begining of the movie when the ship explodes, it looks real fake.

finti
looked ok to me

queeq
Well.... a trained eye sees the little glitches, especially on a 100HZ tv. big grin

ToMacco
Tell me what to eat queeq, so I can shit money like you.

queeq
I don't have THAT much money. But try doing what I do: get a job! big grin

finti
stay away from fast food restaurants TO

queeq
laughing out loud

Captain REX
Yes, the ship exploding in the beginning did have a few things that bothered me. And the fact that the ship that Anakin says "aim above the fuel cells" falls apart and the thing that falls does't explode and shatter.

queeq
So?

Tex
If you slow it down during the infamous 'I've been dying a little each day since you came back into my life' line, the lack of chemistry between Anakin/Padme becomes so over whelming, your DVD player will actually spit out the DVD!

Just a little thing I've noticed wink

finti

Tex

Mujaffa
u stick it in??

Tex
yes

finti
and it gets spitted out again, very much like oral sex

queeq
laughing out loud

Tex
So you spit then?

queeq
I guess he does after oral sex. big grin

KJ
Good to see this board keeping to it's normally high standards. Someone bashing AOTC and Oral Sex jokes.

finti
well parts of me spit big grin

Tex
The little parts!stick out tongue

queeq
Just to make you feel welcome, KJ.

General Kaliero
Back on topic: You know when OB1 is looking at the bust of Dooku? The one behind it is George Lucas. Behind that are also the sound and art directors.

Member.
man, u guys ARE observant

queeq
Lovely.

LanceWindu
I've never seen it in slow-mo yet.

I like watching it for the fast paced action at the end.

the_dodo
in any case, i dont know if you guys have watched it with the GL & crew commentary or not, but they bring out some interesting facts....

-when jango fett boards his ship after fighting with OB1 he bangs his head on the door as it closes. they say this is a tribute to the stormtroopers hitting their heads in ANH
-in the senate debate they show the ET family in one one of the senator pods
-and last but not least, throughout the entire movie Anakin has a blue lightsaber, and in the fight with Dooku he uses a green lightsaber... the is reminiscent of Luke's transition from a blue to a green in the OT... i noticed that without the commentary so i might be wrong, plz correct me if i am

Ushgarak
It's not wrong at all but it's not really a transition; he is using someone elses! I suspect he will be using blue again in ep. iii.

queeq
Or red! big grin

Member.
laughing out loud, most likely red in the middle.

queeq
At the end of EPIII I'd say.

Captain REX
Yes, Anakin goes through a slightly different transition than Luke... evil face

queeq
They both change their dress sense to black though.

Captain REX
Like father like son.

queeq
Luke doesn't seem to like helmets though.

Julie
unfortunately I haven't watched my EpII dvd in quite some time...though I did watch EpII in spanish awhile ago ...it was pretty good that way

the_dodo
in conclusion, weeeeeeeee aree the knights that say NI!!! NI!!!

GordonSkywalker
Well said,my friend, well said!

Captain REX
Okay...

Using my cool DVD player, I watched the duel in fast forward motion. Yoda looks even more like a blur than he does at normal speed! It made me dizzy...

GordonSkywalker
He was going pretty fast, wasn't he? That was the highlight of the whole film for me!

queeq
Cool, but a bit short all in all.

Member.
yoda's cool, hes all computer made!!!

Arien
he looks more realistic in the newer ones rather than the older ones where he is a little puppet.......looked kinda cute, tho!

GordonSkywalker
Yes, the endless debate: Who prefers the 'puppet' Yoda or the 'digital' Yoda? Makes for a great discussion, I think.

Member.
hm...

queeq
Dunno.... the CGI one wasn't too bad. Checking out Gollum in TTT, I think they'll make Yoda look even better. And then who cares which one is better. THe CGI one was very believable.

Tevesh
watching yoda in slo mo was pretty wacky, he jumps in the air off the air like 3 times doing flips and tumbles and all sorts of crazy stuff.

also there's a scene with mace, when he gets into the transport after the arena battle, and he and a few other jedi council members are deflecting blaster bolts with their lightsabers. there's this one bolt that his light saber misses and he should have gotten hit in the gut.

hayden's minx
Oh yeah theres a big list of all the dvd easter eggs in a back issue of the UK starwars mag. When there was free lego I think.

GordonSkywalker
The UK has their own Star Wars magazine? I did not know that. So is the Clones dvd better than Menace?

queeq
No.
TPM's a lot better. Despite that TPM doesn't rank high in my book, it is one of the best DVD's I have... STILL!

finti
I thought the film AOTC was better than TPM as for the extra stuff I really dont care. *In a Han Solo voice* "Im in it for the movies"

queeq
Me too. But still, the TPM DVD was very well made with lots of attention. THe AOTC DVD was very much a rehash of the TPM DVD.

yerssot
agreed, I really like the extra about the combat smile

GordonSkywalker
So you guys would recommend the Menace DVD over the other one? I ask because I am thinking of investing in a Star Wars DVD but only have the dough for one of them. big grin

yerssot
yup, definitly TPM

GordonSkywalker
OK, thanks yerssot!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.