Wonder Woman vs Black Bolt - Pure Melee Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

No equipment for Diana.

Lord_Talron
so no powers at all for blackbolt? i seriously doubt his strength is enough to match diana

Warlord
yeah that's spite

manx422
Wonder Woman

Bouboumaster
Black Bolt win.

This cat can throw punches anytime of the day with the Hulk himself.

Not only that, but he can also deliver his most powerful attack: The Master Blow

carver9
Diana

Endless Mike
I would say that WW is probably faster

carver9
She is faster.

Black bolt z
BB screams and stomps

Blanket
BB Chris Brown's her.

Q99
Originally posted by Black bolt z
BB screams and stomps

Pure melee.

If he had his scream, then she'd have her gear and'd just bracer-block it anyway.

---
Anyway, I think Diana takes the majority.

Konton
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Black Bolt win.

This cat can throw punches anytime of the day with the Hulk himself.

Not only that, but he can also deliver his most powerful attack: The Master Blow

And she can throw punches any time of the day with Superman, Captain Marvel, and even keep pace with a fully armored Konvict.

Diana stomps here.

tkitna
Diana

Black bolt z
BB

Prep-Man
Wonder Woman, but she falls in the end.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
Pure melee.

If he had his scream, then she'd have her gear and'd just bracer-block it anyway.

---
Anyway, I think Diana takes the majority.

Pure hth? Diana stomps.

celeyhyga17
Wondy for a large majority. Even if BB amps his speed/str through his energy manipulation, she is still way too skilled.

8/10

Omega Vision
Wonder Woman stomps.

Enyalus
...Wasn't Black Bolt trained by Karnak in H2H? And he's damn near as strong as the Hulk. Or Gladiator. Or other big time bricks.

Diana wins, but its pretty damn close.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Enyalus
...Wasn't Black Bolt trained by Karnak in H2H? And he's damn near as strong as the Hulk. Or Gladiator. Or other big time bricks.

Diana is one of the best h/h fighters in the DCU and she's much faster than BB. Its not close at all.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Diana is one of the best h/h fighters in the DCU and she's much faster than BB. Its not close at all.
When she's blocking with her bracers she's much faster. Her H2H fights, not really.

Omega Vision
When she's blocking with her bracers she's much faster. Her H2H fights, not really.
Except Batman has stated her fighting speed is greater than Superman's.

Enyalus
Except Batman has stated her fighting speed is greater than Superman's.
lmao

Anything McDuffie writes is invalid on this forum. Pr says so.

Q99
Anyway, she shows even more speed when bracer blocking, but it's not like she doesn't show her HtH ability pretty often.

Vs Power Girl:

Original Smurph
Black Bolt's been trained by Karnak, and has shown considerable skill in melee in the past- notably against Gladiator, Ikaris and Ronan. That being said, Diana wins, but it's not really a stomp.

I think it was one of his first appearances where Thing thought he was as agile as Daredevil, or something. I can't be bothered to find the scan. Point being, he's got some skillz.

Q99
Yea, he's not bad for someone of his power.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Black Bolt's been trained by Karnak, and has shown considerable skill in melee in the past- notably against Gladiator, Ikaris and Ronan. That being said, Diana wins, but it's not really a stomp.

I think it was one of his first appearances where Thing thought he was as agile as Daredevil, or something. I can't be bothered to find the scan. Point being, he's got some skillz.

I read that comic. Thing said that he hit him as hard as the Hulk did.

celeyhyga17

ok ok but it's still not that close

i'll give you 7.8/10 confused

-Pr-
lmao

Anything McDuffie writes is invalid on this forum. Pr says so.

ha-som

he is shite, though.

Enyalus
Originally posted by -Pr-
ha-som

he is shite, though.
Hey, I agree with you. No Panther armbar, no come on Batman, superspeed, remember? Etc.

Works for me.

-Pr-
Hey, I agree with you. No Panther armbar, no come on Batman, superspeed, remember? Etc.

Works for me.

some of the wondy fans love him though. at least when they're not trying to tear simone a new one for saying diana wasn't as strong as superman, anyway...

Enyalus
Ms. Gail has written some awful Wonder Woman stories semi-lately.

-Pr-

true. though i will admit, i'm really happy to see her going back to BOP. Her and Benes had an amazing run first time around, and i can't wait to see what she does this time.

Q99

I disagree, I've liked most of her WW stuff.

Sasaraixx
some of the wondy fans love him though. at least when they're not trying to tear simone a new one for saying diana wasn't as strong as superman, anyway...

Hehehehe, some of them really do hate Gail don't they?

McDuffie tried to elevate WW's status and he write a wonderful WW in the JL movie. I think a lot of fans didn't wanted him on her solo book though. I just appreciate that he actually attempts to show her as powerful and just as capable as the other big hitters. Now THAT is the fanboy in me

I liked Gail's run. At times things moved a tad slowly but overall I liked where she was going and you could tell she actually liked writing WW. And some WW fans are just rabid. She's not as strong as Superman. Get over it. It's not the end of the world. It doesn't make her less of a character. It doesn't keep her from fighting him well. And she has better hair anyway so who needs a little more strength? big grin cool

Oh, and as for this fight, WW wins. She works for it, but wins an overwhelming majority.

JakeTheBank
Diana for the majority.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sasaraixx

McDuffie tried to elevate WW's status and he write a wonderful WW in the JL movie. I think a lot of fans didn't wanted him on her solo book though. I just appreciate that he actually attempts to show her as powerful and just as capable as the other big hitters. Now THAT is the fanboy in me

I liked Gail's run. At times things moved a tad slowly but overall I liked where she was going and you could tell she actually liked writing WW. And some WW fans are just rabid. She's not as strong as Superman. Get over it. It's not the end of the world. It doesn't make her less of a character. It doesn't keep her from fighting him well. And she has better hair anyway so who needs a little more strength? big grin cool

Oh, and as for this fight, WW wins. She works for it, but wins an overwhelming majority.
The way I see it their strength difference is proportional: Superman is stronger by about as much as a man his size would be when compared to a woman Diana's size if both were athletic. At most 1.5-1.75x Diana's strength.

carver9
The way I see it their strength difference is proportional: Superman is stronger by about as much as a man his size would be when compared to a woman Diana's size.

Yep, if there is a strength difference, its not noticable.

Original Smurph
1.5 - 1.75x would be noticeable...

Omega Vision
And it is noticeable, just not insurmountable for Diana.
Besides I said at most. IMO its probably something like 1.25x.

carver9

I dont think the gap is that big. If we were using marvel scale, I would put Diana (not saying she lift this much because we know she lift a lot more, just giving an example) at 95 tons and Superman at 100 tons. Not that big of a difference if you ask me.

Original Smurph
And it is noticeable, just not insurmountable for Diana. Agreed- I was just replying to Carver.

It should be mentioned though that comics often shorten the gap between average man and average woman strength. Look at all the shit that Elektra does for example.

While I would argue that, say, Cap was stronger than Elektra, I wouldn't put it at the same distance between average men and women, despite gender being a contributing factor.

Additionally, while Kal's strength levels are pretty much always above Diana's, they fluctuate to the degree that it's unrealistic to estimate just how much stronger with any guaranteed accuracy. It's also not like Diana's strength limits haven't changed drastically over the years.

Meh, just my two cents.

Q99
And to make up for it? She has all that kickass gear.

I mean, people have no problem saying Capt's shield is a big equalizer, and she has two on her wrists, and that's just for starters.

The way I see it their strength difference is proportional: Superman is stronger by about as much as a man his size would be when compared to a woman Diana's size if both were athletic. At most 1.5-1.75x Diana's strength.

Though if you think about it, their strength isn't really determined by muscle. Superman is stronger by how much a fully developed Kryptonian's strength (well, I guess that's slightly muscle based, since the solar charge is in the muscles) is compared to the gifts given to her by the gods.

Body shape affects leverage and such a bit, but the real differences at high-level characters are more in the 'how super are they' category.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Q99

I mean, people have no problem saying Capt's shield is a big equalizer, and she has two on her wrists, and that's just for starters.

I agree. I don't think her gear gets factored in enough in her fights. That is just her standard gear. If we start adding more equip, she becomes very, very hard to take down. And she happens to be the greatest warrior in the DCU. Not like that means anything . . .

JakeTheBank
I agree. I don't think her gear gets factored in enough in her fights. That is just her standard gear. If we start adding more equip, she becomes very, very hard to take down. And she happens to be the greatest warrior in the DCU. Not like that means anything . . .

I agree. Standardized gear Diana is tough enough. Start adding her sword, axe, gauntlets, armor, etc, and it can become something of a spite match easily depending on whose she's up against.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I agree. Standardized gear Diana is tough enough. Start adding her sword, axe, gauntlets, armor, etc, and it can become something of a spite match easily depending on whose she's up against.

So are you saying that with all of her gear on she is above high herald?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
So are you saying that with all of her gear on she is above high herald?

She's at the very least upper limit High Herald with all gear, imo. I mean, Diana's strength and durability multiplied by 10? That alone warrants an upgrade to another tier.

Q99
I think the gauntlet puts her above High Herald, it's the most broken piece of gear, but just armor/axe/Sword of Hephaestus etc. is enough for high-herald. IMO.

The sword can slice up high-herald toughness easily and make larger wounds than the tiara, and the armor really ups her toughness and gets rid of the slicing weakness.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
She's at the very least upper limit High Herald with all gear, imo. I mean, Diana's strength and durability multiplied by 10? That alone warrants an upgrade to another tier.

I would agree with this. I really can't see many high heralds, without an amp of their own, who could beat her with all of her gear. None of them could do it physically though. It would have to be someone like Surfer using the power cosmic to its fullest.

Her base stats would be above high herald in my opinion. Let's just assume for the sake of argument (and ease of math) that standard Superman is twice as strong as standard WW. Even with that huge gap in strength, if Diana put on the gauntlets she would still be 5 times stronger than Superman. That is surely out of the herald category.

JakeTheBank
I would agree with this. I really can't see many high heralds, without an amp of their own, who could beat her with all of her gear. None of them could do it physically though. It would have to be someone like Surfer using the power cosmic to its fullest.

Her base stats would be above high herald in my opinion. Let's just assume for the sake of argument (and ease of math) that standard Superman is twice as strong as standard WW. Even with that huge gap in strength, if Diana put on the gauntlets she would still be 5 times stronger than Superman. That is surely out of the herald category.

QFT thumb up

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Q99
I think the gauntlet puts her above High Herald, it's the most broken piece of gear, but just armor/axe/Sword of Hephaestus etc. is enough for high-herald. IMO.

The sword can slice up high-herald toughness easily and make larger wounds than the tiara, and the armor really ups her toughness and gets rid of the slicing weakness.

That is another great way of putting it. If she geared up for battle, sans gauntlet, I think she would be high herald. The durability boost would really help her against others in that class and the sword negates any need for to KO some of the uber durable bricks.

-Pr-

in the JLU movie, the main problem for me wasn't that he made Diana good, but he had to go and make everyone else look bad in order to make her look more impressive.

That's NOT how you do it.

i think under normal circumstances, the strength difference is there, but isn't exactly large. when he stops holding back/gets amped, though...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99

Though if you think about it, their strength isn't really determined by muscle. Superman is stronger by how much a fully developed Kryptonian's strength (well, I guess that's slightly muscle based, since the solar charge is in the muscles) is compared to the gifts given to her by the gods.

Body shape affects leverage and such a bit, but the real differences at high-level characters are more in the 'how super are they' category.
I didn't say it was based on muscle, just that their relative body sizes are probably good representations of their relative strength levels.

Sasaraixx
in the JLU movie, the main problem for me wasn't that he made Diana good, but he had to go and make everyone else look bad in order to make her look more impressive.

That's NOT how you do it.

I disagree with that slightly. I don't think the other characters were made to look bad so that she could shine. I do think her fight scenes were written more competently, but that is different in my book. I also don't think Hal and Wally looked bad at all - they just didn't get much screen time. Clark and Bruce? That's another story. And her strength was displayed a bit all over the place too so it wasn't all roses for WW fans, but definitely more positives.

And if I'm being honest, if that really is what happened, I don't care. The roles have been reversed so often. Don't even get me started on the JLU series.

You're correct that it should not be done this way, but he and others continue to do it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.