Cable vs. Shaman X-Man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Shaman X-Man from the Dark X-Men Comics.

Both at full power and both are blood lusted.

Rationale:

Cable has more skill and experience, while X-Man has slightly more raw power.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by pinksushi1
Shaman X-Man from the Dark X-Men Comics.

Both at full power and both are blood lusted.

Rationale:

Cable has more skill and experience, while X-Man has slightly more raw power.

Any thoughts?

I think he might have good deal more of raw power

Survivor19
What version of Cable?

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
I think he might have good deal more of raw power He doesn't.

Originally posted by Mindset
He doesn't.

ok then

nicamarvin
Originally posted by 753
I think he might have good deal more of raw power MORE like 10X... cool

Wild Shadow
nate has a lot more power and even has better feats and experience then cable in the use of the psi power.

Enyalus
God-Cable wins this.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Enyalus
God-Cable wins this. No... mad

Nate takes this handedly has more time with his power lvls then cable..

Enyalus
Cable's a helluva lot older and a repeated time traveler and has been in more wars and had more occasions to use his power. He's definitely more experienced than Nate.

Wild Shadow
Cable never had full use of Psi lvl powers until very recently he doesnt have the same amount of feats or even power lvl... back in the 80's and 90's Cable was struggling to lift a wrench failing to put up a Psi battle fight with stryfe....

Cable only had a push in psi experience only after both scott and jean came back from the future.. even then Cable's 1st psi power attempt was during the phalanx story arc where jean taught him how to enter the astral plane and jean still had to take him their...

i think you are confused with cable's actual psi experience when it comes to nate.. nate has bn using his power since AOA...

thanos-prime
X-man

Enyalus
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
Cable never had full use of Psi lvl powers until very recently he doesnt have the same amount of feats or even power lvl... back in the 80's and 90's Cable was struggling to lift a wrench failing to put up a Psi battle fight with stryfe....

Cable only had a push in psi experience only after both scott and jean came back from the future.. even then Cable's 1st psi power attempt was during the phalanx story arc where jean taught him how to enter the astral plane and jean still had to take him their...

i think you are confused with cable's actual psi experience when it comes to nate.. nate has bn using his power since AOA...
Cable's been using his psionic powers (telepathy and tk) since 1990. no expression Pretty sure of that.

And in Burnt Offering he looked pretty damn powerful to me. stick out tongue

Cable's been using his psionic powers (telepathy and tk) since 1990. no expression Pretty sure of that.

And in Burnt Offering he looked pretty damn powerful to me. stick out tongue

But not at his highest levels. I think SNG has had more time and experience with the god-like powers and after he became the shaman, transcended, desintegrated, whatever, his insight into the workings of psi energy and the astral plane is probably bigger too.

Wild Shadow
i didnt say he wasnt using his Psi powers in the 90's i even said he was using them back in the 80's but at a very low lvl... he had very little feats and experience and only showed some decent feats during the cable & deadpool run, Nate was already far more experienced then cable and using his power yrs prior to the burnt offering run..

nate was already able to fight Madelyne pryer and jean without even raising an eyebrow.... nate was creating life subconsciously when he arrived and had his powers diminished... he was already manipulating his psi power unlike no else other then some one like legion and nate was still inexperienced and learning... Nate took on exodus while in starving weaken state and fought cable who was draining his psi powers and creating feedback,,, cable wasnt even alone he had the blaqsmith with him helping him fight..

Mindset

i think you are confused with cable's actual psi experience when it comes to nate.. nate has bn using his power since AOA... Cable is the more experienced user, this was shown when they both fought.

While Cable had less power (TO virus), he was able to hold his own and out maneuver Nate.

Wild Shadow
he held his own b/c Nate was severely weaken and already suffering power shortage.. and he was starving was still weaken from arriving he was tired hurt from his earth bound fall...

Nate just wanted to be left alone when Exodus came and attacked him draining more power from nate and using it against him.. if anything that is a better feat then Cable lets see here:

weaken exhausted power failure inexperience nate grey vs Exodus, Cable and Blaqsmith.. hmm...

who looked better in that run?

Nate grey.

also Major PIS cable for the 1st time was pulling s#@$ out his @$$ to compete with nate and was getting powered up by nate's psi energy to boot...

Cable's retcon didnt encompass Cable's Psi lvl manipulation till that very moment when he was pulling Teleportation feat, and time jumping, TK flight something cable had never done under his own power or had ever shown such knowledge even with scott and jean retcon training..

Mindset
Nate Grey looked better than TO-virus Cable, omg his power is maximum.

Btw, he was just fighting Cable in the instance I'm talking about. And am I confused or were we talking about experience, which Cable showed more of, and I think it was even mentioned in the comic.

Wild Shadow
i am talking about the full three months of retcons leading to their fight.

up to that point cable was massively retcon into being Jean and scotts son in the adventures of cyclops and phoenix mini series.. and being trained how to hold back the t.vo virus which he never had up until the retcon... his experience in the future had nothing to do with Psi manipulation but combat and survival even with the retcon cable was only trained by phoenix how to dull the physical pain of his body, make illusions to hide his infection, slow down and stop the infectio from spreading...

back in the main 616 U Cable showed this retcon to having a stronger psi bond to cyclops and Pheonix as an adult in the main 616 U prior to the fight with Nate jean had taught him how to enter the astral plane and make wpns...

soon after we are shown Cable mixing it up with a weaken starving Nate and pulling psi powers he never acknowledged having or knowing about again blaqsmith was showing cable in the middle of the fight how to use certain techniques while fighting nate also they were prepping b4 they fought nate..

Nate wasnt at a 100% he was massively weaken and was fighting exodus and he buried exodus into a ravine when Cable and blaqsmith showed up to fight nate...

if i had to give a number to nate's power lvl at the time he was around 20 to 30% of power...

Mindset
Cool, Cable was at 1-5% compared to Nate, and held his own because of experience. smile

Wild Shadow
Cool, Cable was at 1-5% compared to Nate, and held his own because of experience. smile Cable's brain pattern and genetics allowed him to siphon and use Nate grays power since they were basically the same person.. aside from that nate was already having headaches nose bleeds and to add to that cables presence was making it worse from the feedback.. again nate fought three ppl basically at the same time back to back...

Nate even collapsed in that fight if irrc from the exhaustion and burning himself out from his ordeal from arriving on earth and everyone wanting a piece of him.

by the way cable mention that the fight with exodus seriously caused Nate grey to become unstable.

Mindset
How do you fight the same people back to back and at the same time?

Anyway, Cable's experience > Nate's.

Canon.

Wild Shadow
How do you fight the same people back to back and at the same time?

Anyway, Cable's experience > Nate's.

Canon. Cable's Experince < Nate's Experience

Canon.

lets list display of power usage and start using feats chronologically.. cool

Mindset
Let's go by what was shown, ok? Deal.

Cable's experience > Nate's.

Problem solved.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Survivor19
What version of Cable?

I stated in the OP that both combatants were at full power. Therefore, Cable is at full power and X-Man is at full power.

To all: Cable at full power has been stated to be close in raw power to X-Man at full power. So the question here is, will superior skill and experience triumph superior raw power.

Wild Shadow
Let's go by what was shown, ok? Deal.

Cable's experience > Nate's.

Problem solved. Okay lets.. Nate grey merged and bonded with his alternate reality selfs gaining their experience life time knowledge and stabilizing his genetics and amping his psi powers...

Nate experience > Cable's experience of illusion casting, pain tolerance, Wrench lifting, controlling the tvo and jean trying to teach cable how to astral project as an adult 40 or 50 yr old man in the 616 U.

hmm... seems to me someone is severely outclassed here when it comes to psi life experience.. wink

pinksushi1
Okay lets.. Nate grey merged and bonded with his alternate reality selfs gaining their experience life time knowledge and stabilizing his genetics and amping his psi powers...

Nate experience > Cable's experience of illusion casting, pain tolerance, Wrench lifting, controlling the tvo and jean trying to teach cable how to astral project as an adult 40 or 50 yr old man in the 616 U.

hmm... seems to me someone is severely outclassed here when it comes to psi life experience.. wink

X-Man losing in Dark X-Men issue # 5 is not very impressive to me. Yet Cable at full power did manage to occupy the Silver Surfer.

Mindset
Okay lets.. Nate grey merged and bonded with his alternate reality selfs gaining their experience life time knowledge and stabilizing his genetics and amping his psi powers...

hmm... seems to me someone is severely outclassed here when it comes to psi life experience.. wink We were talking about the Nate that Cable fought.

Also, I think you need to read Soldier X.

Wild Shadow
We were talking about the Nate that Cable fought. that nate i personally think had more experience due to feats even with cable's retcon but that is just me.

anyways shiny alien<psycho war god and a World devouring abstract like being... stick out tongue

Enyalus
I can't believe Mindset is debating. And is good at it. eek!

This happens like once every three months, and only with Deadpool or Iron Fist or Cable, it seems. lol.

"Id"
X-Mans experience can not be measured, due to the experienced X-Man gained from Alternate Nate thus becoming Shaman. Cable certainly has X-Man beat in combat experience, while X-Man trumps Cable is self knowledge in regards to Psi.

Mindset
Id, who wins, I value your opinion on this.

Only I find out it differs from mine.

"Id"
Id, who wins, I value your opinion on this.

Only I find out it differs from mine.

Havoc I don't know. sad

I always had it as a toss up, with a slight edge on Cable based on maturity, and battle experience.

But the recent Dark X-Men shows Nate is vary competent, and haxed.

Wild Shadow
yes, pls tell us what you think... no expression

crazy

i also respect ur opinion so long as i agree with it..

"Id"
Its almost done. stoned

Mutant Files: Nathan Grey (X-Man)
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=602426

-K-M-
I wished Nate killed Pointer.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by "Id"
Havoc I don't know. sad

I always had it as a toss up, with a slight edge on Cable based on maturity, and battle experience.

So you think that the outcome of the battle can't be determined because X-Man's skill hasn't officially been determined?

Enyalus
Haxed? Nate was stalemated in a psionic battle of wills against Norman, then outsmarted and beat by he and his Green Goblin persona.

Not so great a showing IMO.

Wild Shadow
Haxed? Nate was stalemated in a psionic battle of wills against Norman, then outsmarted and beat by he and his Green Goblin persona.

Not so great a showing IMO. that is pathetically weak but lets look at his overall showings...
not just his one low showing when he 1st manifested and arrived back to 616U

but if that was Nate constant modern lvls the writer should have his neck broken via foot stomp.

Enyalus
He was talking about the Dark X-Men showing. stick out tongue So I gave him the Dark X-Men showing.

"Id"

Wild Shadow
little known fact schizophrenia trumps lvl 7 and above TP users..

"Id"
Or here is another quick glance. Exactly how does the characters walk in with their mutant powers into Normans mental scape? They are in a mental scape, existing as astral projections. Their mutant powers should not carry over unless its psi related.

Enyalus

Wild Shadow
Or here is another quick glance. Exactly how does the characters walk in with their mutant powers into Normans mental scape? They are in a mental scape, existing as astral projections. Their mutant powers should not carry over unless its psi related. its will based if they believe hard enough, have strong enough will they can do it but that is harder then someone like norman would be able to accomplish just by being psycho.

i think writers should go back to school and learn to research the character's abilities b4 they write stories.

"Id"
I totally do. I'm just sayin'...Dark X-Men Shaman wasn't impressive to me. Hell, you know because you tried to use those psionic blockers that worked on him in the arc in the tourny lol.
Your not slick Eny, I see through your low blowing. uhuh

But no I disagree, Mental Drainage, Time Manipulation, and active Pre-Cog are haxed abilities.

Enyalus
Your not slick Eny, I see through your low blowing. uhuh
Shaman in his own X-Man book would've telekinetically dismantled those blockers or psionically overloaded them FTW. stick out tongue

Survivor19
Well, what makes you say Mimic&Omega couldn't use their abilities? To me, it was legitimate and reasonable use of their powers.
In the first issue Omega was shown to absorb Nate's powers even when Nate was still not fully consolidated (and he WAS on the astral plane), same with Mimic mimicking his precog.
To have them drain Grey through the link provided by the Brain isn't too much of stretch. There are examples of using regular mutant powers being used in the Astral plane before.

"Id"

Wild Shadow
easiest way for nate to win is him saying: "oh, just forget it, forget you ever saw me"...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.