Adamantine Vs Uru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Thors Hammer Vs Ares Axe (no absorbing kinetic force for thors hammer)

Omega Holds Ares Axe ,Galactus has thors hammer

they smash it at each other as hard as ther can. what happens.

A. A loud BANG! but neither breaks
B. Ares Axe Cuts Thors Hammer
C. Thors Hammer Smashes Ares Axe
D. Ares Axe Cuts hammer and galactus in half
E. Thors Hammer Smashes axe and omega to pieces
F. Both Omega and galactus dies

Blanket
Galactus' fist goes straight through Omega's face.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Blanket
Galactus' fist goes straight through Omega's face. no one is punching here....

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Thors Hammer Vs Ares Axe (no absorbing kinetic force for thors hammer)

Omega Holds Ares Axe ,Galactus has thors hammer

they smash it at each other as hard as ther can. what happens.

A. A loud BANG! but neither breaks
B. Ares Axe Cuts Thors Hammer
C. Thors Hammer Smashes Ares Axe
D. Ares Axe Cuts hammer and galactus in half
E. Thors Hammer Smashes axe and omega to pieces
F. Both Omega and galactus dies Adamantine is secondary adamantium so...Uru>>adamantine... smokin'

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Adamantine is secondary adamantium so...Uru>>adamantine... smokin' no. it was stated on panel that adamantine is basically adamntium with godly enhancements....

also vote

Blanket
no one is punching here.... Right. So, they mentally make the mace and hammer to smash together?

Colossus-Big C
Right. So, they mentally make the mace and hammer to smash together? no they swing it at each other, thats not punching..

Blanket
no they swing it at each other, thats not punching.. Point to where I said Galactus was punching.

nicamarvin

also vote I dont Vote.... smokin'

Colossus-Big C
lol some one voted D

Colossus-Big C
Point to where I said Galactus was punching.

Blanket
Hold something in your hand. What did you just make?

**** it, forget it. Galactus smashes whatever is in his way.

Wild Shadow
no. it was stated on panel that adamantine is basically adamntium with godly enhancements....

also vote "basically", "similar", doesnt make it adamantium or even actually close to being metallurgical identical. erm

h1a8
Assuming they are equals (the weapons) then the Axe wins. Why? Because it has a smaller area (P=F/A). Now if Thor's hammer was an Axe and Ares Axe was a hammer then Thor's would cut through Ares's.

This is again assuming they are equals. IMO, primary adamantium is much stronger than enchanted Uru.

rotiart
I thought adamantine was equivalent to primary adamantium...
Just like there is primary and secondary adamantium there is the same with adamantine...
Like the armor atlas wore was truly indestructible
but the automatons of hephastus wasn't

Enyalus
Adamantine isn't adamantium. Adamantium is Wolverine's claws. Adamantine is Hercules' mace. In the past, the mace and Mjolnir were shown to be equal when smashing together. But I don't recall adamantine weapons ever breaking, whereas Mjolnir has broke several times now.

So, Adamantine's stronger.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Enyalus
Adamantine isn't adamantium. Adamantium is Wolverine's claws. Adamantine is Hercules' mace. In the past, the mace and Mjolnir were shown to be equal when smashing together. But I don't recall adamantine weapons ever breaking, whereas Mjolnir has broke several times now.

Faulty logic. Adamantine has never been exposed on-panel to the type of forces that Thor's hammer has been.

The fact that Thor's hammer has broken several times is more testament to the level of opponents/power that Thor faces against than it is proof of Adamantine's durability.

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Faulty logic. Adamantine has never been exposed on-panel to the type of forces that Thor's hammer has been.

The fact that Thor's hammer has broken several times is more testament to the level of opponents/power that Thor faces against than it is proof of Adamantine's durability.
MOTHER****ER DONT U EVA QUESTON MI LOGIC ABILITIES AGAIN!

Mjolnir broke when hitting Bor. Hercules' Mace did not break when it hit Typhon and Athena's Aegis armor.

I win. And my logic is once again flawless.

D_Dude1210

Mjolnir broke when hitting Bor. Hercules' Mace did not break when it hit Typhon and Athena's Aegis armor.

I win. And my logic is once again flawless.

Your logic has always been impeccable. But I'll have to disagree about the apples and oranges comparison here. Neither Bor nor the Aegis armor have been shown in comparison to each other and each of the impacts/forces that the weapons were exposed to in these cases are completely different in context.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by h1a8
Assuming they are equals (the weapons) then the Axe wins. Why? Because it has a smaller area (P=F/A). Now if Thor's hammer was an Axe and Ares Axe was a hammer then Thor's would cut through Ares's.

This is again assuming they are equals. IMO, primary adamantium is much stronger than enchanted Uru. this sounds good

nicamarvin
you are so Wrong Sir.... sad

nicamarvin
I don't recall adamantine weapons ever breaking,.
check this link...I doubt that blast can even scratch the Destroyer armor or thor's Hammer

http://i36.tinypic.com/2qb9amg.jpg

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Adamantine is secondary adamantium wtf u talking about lol...adamantium is suppose to be copy of adamantine

Originally posted by h1a8
IMO, primary adamantium is much stronger than enchanted Uru. rofl

Rage.Of.Olympus

That's some bad logic, even for you.

Adamantine has not gone up against the forces that Mjolnir has. Also, Hercules was recently denting Adamantine in his series so it's not as if it can't be damaged.

Fun fact: Hercules' mace was breaking when he and the others attacked Superman after he beat Thor in JLA/Avengers #2.

psycho gundam
uru is like ore or stone, so it doesn't have the flexible qualities as metal would have anyway.

i kinda agree with rage about the lack of similar punishment for both substances, though thor did whack that cylinder with mjolnir and left some sort of mark on it. the hammer was seemingly undamaged though.

rotiart
Which means what? A spray of water at low power will disperse across a metal wall...

At the right force it'll cut through steel.

Other metals to consider when applying the rules of stones vs metals
bronze gold platinum titanium you can also consider the power behin the force

a jackhammer slamming through a concrete slab
try it with just a "hammer" and you well bend or snap the head to your Stanley hammer

And just because a hammer bs mace in all their confrontations appear tied doesn't mean that they are... The right force or angle of attack could destroy either by aiming for weak points in the structures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.