STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Virus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

REXXXX

REXXXX
Additionally- as part of gameplay, you will each be receiving messages from me regarding information that the other must not know about or the whole jig is up! Please keep these things to yourselves or your respective missions to Rolion VII will be much shorter than anticipated...

General Kaliero
Rhys decides to ignore the assault ship for the moment, scanning the moon for a suitable landing point. Does he have a general area on the moon for his objective?

"Just my luck someone heavily-armed would be coming in... wonder what they want."

Peach
Rylis is most certainly not going to be ignoring the freighter, and moves after it.

"Whoever you are, leave this system now," she says, contacting the other ship with her comms.

General Kaliero
"Sithspit."

Rhys flips on his comm to answer, and after a moment puts on his best gruff, don't-mess-with-me voice. "I'm a merc, sweetheart, so back off. I don't care where you're going, but stay away from me and I'll stay away from you, shiny?"

He hopes to whatever gods there may be that this works...

Peach
Rylis just smirks.

"A merc, huh? I've come across more than a few of those in my days. Usually they're worth some money. Mind giving me a name, see if you're worth keeping alive?" Rylis replies. "Because otherwise, I've got no compunctions against simply shooting you out of the sky."

Even though it's not something I'd normally do...damn this assignment, she thinks to herself.

General Kaliero
"Ain't worth no money myself. Collecting it's much more profitable, y'know? Name's Dak, my record's clean enough."

At least, it better be... he thinks.

Peach
"I'll be checking up on that, don't you worry," Rylis replies with a cheery tone...while warming up the guns on her ship.

REXXXX
As you both fly nearer to Rolion VII, you get visuals of each others' ships- feel free to describe them to each other. Rylis does not recognize it in particular but notices Arnian influences in the design. Rhys recognizes Crimson Dawn as belonging to bounty huntress Rylis Tavel and is very uncomfortable.

However, your conversation and your scans are interrupted when your comms receive a priority signal from the moon.

Peach
The Crimson Dawn looks like a cross between some sort of large starfighter and a shuttle, though of course much larger in size and heavily armed, thanks to the many modifications Rylis has made to her ship. It is sleek, in good condition, and downright deadly looking, and was named after its color.

Rylis will cut her taunting short (though she's going to keep the weaponry warming up, just in case), to see what this signal is.

General Kaliero
The Black Dawn looks run down even from the outside, clunky and obviously rebuilt several times by several different owners. Even its shape makes it look more like it's being dragged through space instead of flying.

"Thank you automatic priority!" Rhys says as he switches over to the signal from the moon.

REXXXX
You receive an automated recording.

"This is Doctor Pard Tulmitor of the Imperial Medical Research Center in Narpest, capital of the Imperial colony on Rolion VII. We request that you reroute your flight path to Narpest itself and land. The colony is in a state of emergency and all craft are required to land in Narpest for further instruction. Risk of exposure is high to those failing to comply. Breath masks recommended. Do not drink the water. Thank you."

The message keeps repeating.

General Kaliero
"...fun. This job just keeps getting better and better..."

Rhys will plot a course to Narpest and descend.

Peach
"Well, that just makes it nice and easy..." Rylis comments to herself, turning off her comms. Whoever this mercenary is, she can deal with him just as easily on the ground. Perhaps more easily, she's used to dumpy-looking ships being a lot nastier than they appear.

She will plot a landing course, but is keeping a close eye on the other ship on her scanners. She's also going to do a quick search to see if there's any info on him.

REXXXX
You almost mistake him for a very old bounty on some psycho-killer... but no, that's not him. This Dak fellow checks out; all clean, a mercenary-for-the-highest-bidder operating out of Hutt Space.

Narpest is easy to find- it is the only city with a locator beacon.

Peach
Easy enough.

Rylis will put the Crimson Dawn down in the starport, then (assuming there is one), taking the largest landing bay if possible.

General Kaliero
Rhys will land in the bay farthest from this Tavel lady.

Was he provided with any maps of the area?

REXXXX
Yes, you both have maps.

However, landing is not quite as easy as you had thought. As you descend toward Narpest- a small city built entire on repulsorlifts above a lake- you are greeted with several alerts on your scanners saying that you have been locked onto by turbolasers.

Peach
Rylis slaps her comms back on, hailing whoever she can in the city, and is glad she has her weapons systems online and ready for use.

"What is the meaning of this?" she says, incredulously.

REXXXX
The only response you are receiving from the city is the rapid deployment of TIE Fighters.

General Kaliero
"...oh damn." He hails the city as well, priming his own weapons. "Whoever is down there, stand down!" To his droid ally, "99, get ready for a joyride if need be. We may have to make things go boom."

Peach
Rylis simply glares at them.

"Someone get me in contact with Staff Sergeant Erwher, or there is going to be trouble that you won't want to deal with," she snaps.

REXXXX
And your comms are now down. Someone doesn't want you leaving Rolion VII now that you have arrived...

The TIE Fighters are rapidly closing.

Peach
"Oh for..." Rylis mutters angrily to herself. "These things can never be easy..."

She's going to abandon her landing vector, instead bringing her ship around and getting ready to blast those TIEs out of the sky. She may be getting paid by the Empire for this, but if they're going to attack her, she's not quite going to stand for it.

General Kaliero
Rhys pulls off as well to engage the fighters. The Black Dawn may be practically falling apart, but she's still got some tricks left in her...

REXXXX
You close in on the swarm of TIE Fighters coming your way!

It is now that you notice something about these fighters. Instead of the hexagonal wings that the TIE Fighters normally sport, these have rectangular wings that jut out ahead of them. They also do not have cockpits, from the way they lack viewscreens. These are automated!

The way Starfights work is pretty simple. You choose, each turn, whether you want to fly cautiously- one event- or aggressively- two events. You declare which wing you are flying against and, each time you get a chance to shoot at the Pilots (the term for flying Mooks) you must roll twice as many successes as they have Armor. If you fail to do so, you merely reduce their Armor by one and go again.

The numbers are:

Ship (Thrust Maneuverability Pilot): Armor

----

LANDING APPROACH AMBUSH, Start of Turn 1

Crimson Dawn (T4 M4 P7): 80

Black Dawn (T4 M3 P10): 100

TIE Squadron A x12 (T5 M6 P4): 1

TIE Squadron B x12 (T5 M6 P4): 1

TIE Squadron C x12 (T5 M6 P4): 1

Ion Cannons x6 (HW4): 5

----

Your Pilot Schticks are factored into your ship's stats- Rylis adds +1 to Thrust for Speed King and +1 to Maneuverability for Daredevil, and Rhys does the same for Daredevil.

TIE Droids are flimsy targets, but they have launched en masse.

Peach
Cautious flying? Hah. Nah, Rylis is going in aggressive against Squadron A.

REXXXX
Also- nearly forgot- these TIE Droids are obviously quite a bit faster and more maneuverable than your vessels. Against Rylis' Dawn, they get +2 dice, but they get +4 dice against Rhys' Dawn as their Maneuverability score is three points higher than his own. Be cautious.

Peach
Meh. Blow stuff up time! I'll be cautious if this round doesn't go well.

General Kaliero
Rhys will go in cautiously against Squadron B.

REXXXX
Let's get going then! TIE Droids get initiative due to being faster unless otherwise stated by events.

-

Rylis:

1. Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

If you have Killer Instinct this event becomes a Closing In - You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

What do you know, Rylis gets the drop on a TIE right away... she only gets two successes, but that's what she needed. She blows it out of the sky!

2. Closing In

You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

What are the odds? Rylis blasts another one, much more comfortably this time with five successes.

-

Rhys:

1. Explosions

Thrust Test (Level 4). You try to clear the blast area as couple of ships explode around you. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Probably caused by Rylis, you try to zip through some explosions that come too close for comfort. You race through safely.

2. Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

A TIE zips across and its lasers flash across your shields... six damage! Nothing your shields can't handle. You respond in kind and blow it apart.

-

The turbolasers below open up as Squadron A and C swarm over Crimson Dawn and Squadron B gives chase to Black Dawn. Rylis does not have a good time with it; about twenty successes are rolled against her, green lasers burning across the shields and causing things to spark in the cockpit. Fifteen successes hit up Rhys, and XD99 gives a shrill whine of protest.

----

LANDING APPROACH AMBUSH, Start of Turn 2

Crimson Dawn (T4 M4 P7): 59

Black Dawn (T4 M3 P10): 77

TIE Squadron A x10 (T5 M6 P4): 1

TIE Squadron B x11 (T5 M6 P4): 1

TIE Squadron C x12 (T5 M6 P4): 1

Ion Cannons x6 (HW4): 5

----

Peach
Rylis swears to herself in a multitude of languages after that barrage, quickly checking to make sure nothing on the Crimson Dawn is seriously damaged, before deciding this was not a fight she had any chance of winning. She's going to bail the hell out of there and go for landing at Narpest.

General Kaliero
Figuring Ms. Tavel has the right idea, Rhys turns tail and runs for the planet, pushing the Dawn as fast as she'll go.

REXXXX
You can hardly outpace the TIEs, but there are too many for you to fight. Ducking out of the fight, the two ships race for the surface, closely tailed by a swarm of automated fighters. Green streams of cannonfire zip past with blistering accuracy and rate, flashing as they skim across your shields or bursting violently as they impact against them. No matter how evasively you fly, there is always a TIE ready to meet you...

But once you descend on Narpest, they suddenly peel off! Some remnants of their cannonfire streak down on the city and strike structures. But they have relented and are returning to their point of launch, it seems.

However, you had been concerned with the fighters to be wary of the turbolasers. One final barrage of ion charges comes your way before you dip below their range.

I need a pitch to see how you want to avoid the turbolasers, and then it's a Pilot roll to see the result...

Peach
...so I suppose shooting the lasers before they fire is out of the question?

Well, I don't think they're terribly maneuverable, so simply flying out of their path should be fairly reasonable, I'd think. Evasive landings!

General Kaliero
Yep, maneuvering out of the way of the lasers. Should have a couple bonuses to dodging out of the way here...

REXXXX
Evasive maneuvers! The roll being made is to see how well you handle the turbolasers while also focusing on not crashing into the city. Because you take such actions, I can give you a +3 bonus for Daredevil...

Rhys rolls six successes on thirteen pool.

Rylis rolls four successes on ten pool.

The goal was four successes... Crimson Dawn just skims by as some ion blasts buzz her shields and she nearly collides with something resembling a church tower, but Rhys drops the Black Dawn low and pulls up just in time to avoid smashing into a street.

The turbolasers stop firing and you are free to land. Where are you planning on landing?

Peach
If there's a starport, then Rylis will set down there.

Otherwise, an open area or street that's large enough for the Crimson Dawn will do nicely.

REXXXX
Landing in the starport is a certified failure, as the turbolaser batteries are located there.

You pick out a roundabout that is wide enough to accomodate your large ship and put down.

And how about our roguishly handsome smuggler?

General Kaliero
Rhys will attempt to bring his ship down in some sort of clearing or empty lot.

Peach
Right. Well, before getting out of her ship and going to start exploring/searching, Rylis is going to check to see if her comms are working again yet.

REXXXX
It seems they are, Rylis.

Rhys finds space in a lot full of landspeeders, some of which are flipped or parked at odd angles.

Peach
Well, Rylis is going to try contacting her contact again.

General Kaliero
Rhys will search through the comms again, trying to find a signal in the city he can use as a direction.

REXXXX
You are a bit far out to get in direct contact with Erwehr. You will have to send him a message.

Rhys- you pick up someone trying to send a message offplanet.

Peach
Oh, I thought he was my contact actually here.

Well, then, Rylis shall send a fairly not-nice one about how things are going so far, and also mention this other ship that has landed on Rolion. Someone else is interested in what's going on here. Encoded, of course.

General Kaliero
Rhys will mark the location on his map and exit the Dawn, looking for a useable speeder. "Well, that was fun..."

REXXXX
Rylis- you send your message... and prompty receive an automated message informing you that all off-world communications have been restricted. You'll not be getting a hold of Erwehr with the comm blockage...

-

Rhys- plenty of speeders around! Might be some time finding a useable one, however. They all seem to have been left about unattended.

General Kaliero
Rhys checks the speeders for one worthy of transporting him, looking around warily. It's too quiet...

REXXXX
Indeed; you hear and see no-one. The drone of the TIE fighters is fading in the distance. You do find an unsightly yet durable speeder that seems to look functional. Looks more like a cargo transport.

Remember, you've also suited up in the hazard suit.

Peach
Does Rylis have some sort of breath mask? Just in case.

General Kaliero
Rhys climbs in and starts up the transport, turning it to follow the direction on his map, and pulls out. He stays on the watch for any movement, alive or droid.

He also wonders about that ship, and Tavel... he can't help being curious about whether she's all right...

REXXXX
For the purpose of simplicity, I will say that you can rig the helmet on your armor with a good Fix-It roll. Otherwise, yes, you can have a breath mask.

Also, to clarify, as I missed it earlier- Staff Sergeant Erwehr is back on Coruscant, but he is monitoring your status. You won't be getting in touch with him anyway.

-

How's your Fix-It, Rhys?

According to your map, you are in East End. The Imperial Medical Research Center is in City Center, to the west. You picked up the attempt at an off-world signal in North End, to the northwest.

Peach
Rylis's armor does not have a helmet stick out tongue

And okay.

Well, the hospital/research center/whatever is probably the best place for Rylis to start her work here. So she'll get herself armored up, locate where that is from where she is, seal up the ship, and find herself a speeder to get there.

REXXXX
Then breath mask it is!

Rylis finds something more sporty with her Observation check, a slim sportscar-like landspeeder, complete with racing stripes. It seems to still work. Fix-It roll to get it running for yourself.

According to your map, you are in North End. The Imperial Medical Research Center is to your south, in City Center.

Peach
Fix-It, huh? Sure, let's go for it. Get the speeder running and head south to the medical center, and find out what is going on here.

General Kaliero
Fix-It is at 3.

REXXXX
Fix-It + Intelligence, then, as you two show your talent for hotwiring vehicles...

Two successes from Rylis seems to do just fine.

Rhys rolls one success. No cigar. Looks like this thing had a built-in security system.

General Kaliero
Rhys hits the speeder in annoyance. Can he find another, or are there other options?

Peach
*points and laughs*

stick out tongue

Rylis shall speed off in her nice, functional speeder, and head to the medical center, then.

General Kaliero
Just means you'll run into the worse option, dear. stick out tongue

REXXXX
You might be able to try finding a speeder again later, further into the city, but not in this lot. You will have to go it on foot until then.

You find it very uncomfortable that you have not seen a single person since you landed.

-

Rylis hops into her sporty speeder and starts heading into City Center!

You too do not see a single living soul. Several times you need to stop your speeder to avoid other abandoned vehicles and debris in the streets. Aside from the speeders and junk, everything else looks... ordinary. Just empty.

Peach
That's...unusual.

And no sign of why there isn't anyone around?

General Kaliero
Rhys heads for his destination on foot, looking around for any sign of life at all. It's not like the entire planet could be uninhabited...

REXXXX
You haven't seen anyone or anything fleshy, Rylis.

Wait... you thought you saw something. A pale face in a window along the street. It's gone now.

-

Indeed, strange that an Imperial colony is empty. The drawbridges connecting the city to the shores around the lake are up as well, as you noticed when you came in.

Observation check... Rhys, you see something in an alleyway. Handprints smeared on a wall.

Peach
...odd.

Rylis wants to check that out.

REXXXX
Getting out of your speeder and toward the building? It is a small shop, like your average 7-11 or liquor store.

Peach
Yes indeedy.

And Rylis being the (usually) cautious person she is, pulls out her blaster before approaching the shop. Something wrong has clearly happened here.

General Kaliero
Rhys comes closer to examine the handprints, listening attentively.

REXXXX
There is a skittering from inside the shop, but you don't see anything yet. Going in?

-

Rhys, you draw near to the alleyway and examine the handprints.

If you're not mistaken, you are quite positive that those handprints were smeared in human blood.

Peach
Yup, Rylis is going to go in and take a look around.

REXXXX
You step through the doors, which tinkle faintly as you trip some sensor to indicate that someone has come in.

You don't see anything by the check-out counter. To your left is the counter, to the right are the display shelves.

Peach
Let's just go ahead and inspect everything, looking for whoever Rylis had seen.

REXXXX
Where first?

Peach
Behind the counters, and then by the shelves.

REXXXX
Behind the counters... nothing, but there is a door leading to the back storage area. It is ajar.

Peach
Rylis is going to cautiously check in there, then.

REXXXX
Shelves of boxes and equipment for repairing vending machines. Nothing of interest here...

...but the distraction of the open door worked. You are grabbed from behind by something snarly and gurgly.

Peach
"Get off!" Rylis shouts, attempting to push off whatever grabbed her, before spinning around and aiming her blaster at it.

General Kaliero
"Oh man..." Rhys looks for a source of the blood, or a trail.

REXXXX
It leads into the alleyway, Rhys.

-

Four successes on a Combat roll does nicely, Rylis. You throw the assailant off, his body hard and plastic to your touch. You swing your blaster at it and are very surprised to see an Imperial stormtrooper... but something is wrong with it. The armor has been torn up and... chewed on? It is also smattered with blood, with more oozing from its mouth.

He makes another lunge at you, roaring primally.

Peach
Rylis fires her blaster at the stormtrooper, aiming to put him down before he can attack her again.

General Kaliero
Defying every shred of common sense, Rhys follows the trail down the alleyway.

REXXXX
Your powerful blaster takes the stormtrooper's head clear off, and it collapses backwards onto the countertop.

-

You step into the alleyway. The blood trail leads someway down, where the alleyway gets darker due to covering spanning between buildings.

Peach
"What the hell is going on here..." Rylis mutters to herself. She'll check the body for anything unusual (well, more than it already is), and if she doesn't find anything, or anything else in the shop, she'll continue her way on to the medical center.

REXXXX
The body is decayed, not freshly dead. It has been rotting for a few weeks.

Peach
...ewww.

What the hell? That's a bit creepy. And disgusting.

REXXXX
And unnatural. You just killed him!

General Kaliero
"Hello? Is anyone there bleeding to death?"

Peach
Yay for having killed...an already dead thing...

Unless there's anything else to find here, Rylis is continuing on her way.

REXXXX
No response.

-

You don't see anything of notice in your area besides the previously dead stormtrooper that you re-killed. Do you want to check the other part of the shop?

Peach
Sure.

General Kaliero
Can Rhys see anything down there?

REXXXX
There is somebody down there, Rhys. They are on their haunches, breathing heavily.

-

Rylis, there appears to be someone crouched down in the shelves and now leaping at you.

General Kaliero
"Uh... hello?"

Rhys comes closer, to help them.

Peach
Rylis is going to start swearing in Mirialan while firing at this new attacker.

REXXXX
Something falls on you from above, Rhys!

Rylis scores four successes. The figure takes a bolt through the chest and falls, belching blood and squeals. He too looks decayed and unpleasantly bloody.

General Kaliero
Rhys squeals like a little girl and jumps away from whatever fell, whipping out his gun.

REXXXX
It appears to be a person! Except they are snarling and squelching and making all manner of unpleasant noises. Also, they are trying to bite you.

So is the other one ahead of you.

Peach
I think Rylis is getting the hell out of there at this point.

REXXXX
You return to the street, then.

What were those things, Rylis? You've never seen anything like that before...

-

Rhys, which target are you going to take down? They are in different directions, so Carnival doesn't come into play here.

Peach
They're creepy as all hell, that's what they are...

General Kaliero
Rhys will blast the one that came down at him first.

REXXXX
Boom! Six successes in overkill and the snarling creature is blown backwards by the impact of the laserbolt. That leaves the other clear to bite at you, though. He scores... one damage, thanks to your hazard suit and defense from Close Quarters Gunman.

Peach
Rylis is going to continue on to the medical center, but she's keeping a close watch out for anymore zombietroopers.

General Kaliero
Rhys swings his blaster around under his other arm and fires at the remaining attacker.

REXXXX
Flashy shooting for a flashy kill. The man's arm is taken clean off and he tries to go for you again regardless, but you shoot him down.

What the hell, Rhys? First you find no people, then you find people attacking you... and the bio-hazard suit is telling you that they smell awful, though you are thankfully shielded from the stench.

General Kaliero
"This deal just keeps getting worse all the time..." Rhys says to himself as he examines one of the bodies.

REXXXX
It appears to be heavily decayed! Flesh falling off, limbs only tenuously connected, blood everywhere...

Peach
Has Rylis spotted anything else weird while driving? stick out tongue

REXXXX
Oh, my bad. Rylis continues to see signs of these decayed beings about, though she does not directly see them. At one point you see a body in the street.

Peach
Ick. Well, she's not terribly inclined to get out and expect anything more right now, so she's just going to continue on.

General Kaliero
Rhys thanks his hazard suit for existing, and goes back to the road to move on toward his objective. "I've got a bad feeling about this."

REXXXX
Rhys moves on. If he wants, he can try his hand at hijacking a vehicle once more. Plenty about on the streets, though most are burnt or smashed up.

Rylis drives on until she sees signs indicating she has reached City Central. This area looks not right at all. The Empire prides itself on bright inner cities offering a shining beacon of intellect and power. But this inner city... it looks as if it has gone through war! And indeed, you see that the streets are packed with burned out vehicles... and littered with bodies.

You cannot get any further in your speeder, for the debris is too much to pass.

Peach
How annoying. Rylis will leave her speeder and continue on foot, then, keeping a wary eye out for anything else that moves.

General Kaliero
Rhys will try to hijack again.

REXXXX
You rolls go much better this time, Rhys. You find a very average speeder crashed into a wall that still functions. It is a bit sticky with blood, but better than nothing! You get it running.

-

You are confronted with a literal wall of cars, Rylis.

Peach
...car-wall climbing FTW, I suppose.

Or jetpacking over also works stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Rhys enjoys the speeder as he follows the roads to his objective.

REXXXX
No chance to refill it if you use it, mind you.

-

Rhys then notices what Rylis noticed as she made it into City Central- it looks like a battle happened here! Burned out vehicles, bodies torn by laser burns, damaged buildings... and a wall of cars that are impassable with the speeder.

Peach
Quick flight over the wall of cars shouldn't use up much fuel at all, though, right?

She'll just climb it, then, if that's a potential issue.

REXXXX
Not much at all, just letting you know. Jet or climb?

Peach
Jet over, since it'd be like a five second flight at most.

REXXXX
Indeed, it is very quick as the wall is not very high. Your jetpack powers up and lifts you to the top of the cars in moments, much faster than you could climb it.

Rhys- you hear a short roaring sound nearby. Sounds almost like a rocket.

Peach
Woot. What's inside the wall of cars? Rylis will set down and continue merrily on her way, ready to shoot anything that moves at her.

REXXXX
Within the wall of cars is quite a scene. The makeshift barrier that you now stand upon blocks off two of the major streets that meet with the Medical Research Center, which is a series of connected buildings that also feature the damaged look of City Center. On the streets between the medical center and the wall of cars, you see cargo loader droids standing dormant, some partially destroyed but most still intact.

There are no bodies in this area, however.

Peach
Huh...Rylis isn't quite sure what to think of the lack of bodies.

She's going to hop down off the barrier of cars and pick her way through to the medical center.

General Kaliero
Rhys will look for a way through the wall, and as I expect not to find any, look for a good spot to get over the cars.

REXXXX
It is more climb down than hop down, unless you are using your jetpack again.

-

How is Rhys for Observation + Perception?

General Kaliero
Observation 2, Perception 3.

Peach
Rylis will just climb down.

REXXXX
Checking along the wall, you find an empty spot atop the wall where a speeder has fallen off, making your climb easier. You start your way up on the wall of vehicles...

Rylis- you see someone climbing over the speeder wall!

Peach
Oh, is that so. Rylis is going to go investigate, pistol out, since so far everything around here that's moved has tried to attack her.

General Kaliero
Rhys climbs up, still looking around warily.

REXXXX
Rhys makes it to the top of the speeder wall, just in time to see a figure in hi-tech blast armor approaching, walking in the street in front of the medical center amongst the debris and dormant loader droids. Her blaster is drawn.

Rylis- this person you saw isn't a bloody, snarling figure of decay like your last encounter. This one is instead wearing a bright yellow hazard suit. Also- I am ruling that you are wearing a modified helmet, as a breath mask would not sufficiently protect you from the environment entirely.

Peach
Rylis is going to assume that this person in the yellow suit must be the person on the ship she met in orbit, but that's not going to stop her from being cautious about this.

"Climb down from there, slowly, and I warn you now - any false moves and I won't be afraid to shoot you," she calls out, stopping below the wall.

General Kaliero
"Oh, it'd be terrible to be afraid to shoot someone," Rhys responds, rather sadly not a stranger to the business end of a blaster. "But I don't need to be shot, yet. Are you Miss Tavel?" He climbs down slowly... making sure his gun is loose in the holster, just in case.

Peach
"Yet," Rylis says, suppressing the need to roll her eyes, and somehow not surprised that he knew who she was. "Yes, that would be me."

General Kaliero
"You were going to shoot me in orbit. Dak Kaliero. Not really a pleasure to meet you, sorry." He finishes his downward climb.

Peach
"Yeah, see, sometimes the need for secrecy overrides what I'd normally be tempted to do," Rylis snaps back.

REXXXX
There is a low humming sound that you both register at this point.

Peach
Oh, awesome. Can Rylis tell where it's coming from?

REXXXX
The loader droid behind you. It is coming out of 'sleep mode.'

Peach
Unusual. I don't think they normally do that on their own.

Rylis is fairly creeped out and lacking patience with this planet at the moment, so she's going to swing her gun around and open fire at the droid.

General Kaliero
"Oh, that can't be good... and I'm speaking from experience here." Rhys pulls out his blaster, watching the droid.

When Rylis blasts it, he groans. "Good work. Now it'll be angry."

Peach
"Or destroyed," Rylis replies calmly, waiting to see what happens but keeping her blaster aimed at the droid.

REXXXX
The loader droid has already been damaged by whatever happened here, like the others about, so Rylis exploits a crack in its reinforced hypersteel plating when she fires. Four successes in seven damage to the droid as a laser bolt streaks into the crack and sparks violently.

This does not bring it down, however. The loader droid swivels its head- a hemisphere with no neck and a pair of lines etched across the top from which a pair of pinpoint red lights view you. It raises its bulky piston-powered arms and you see quite clearly the splattered blood on the knuckles of its hands, and indeed all over the front of its chassis.

The hum culminates it a smart 'beep-beep' as it becomes operational, taking a lumbering step toward you both...

Schticks please!

Peach
Eagle Eye
Carnival of Carnage
Close Quarters Gunman

...which is all of my gun tricks, but yeah stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Eagle Eye, Gunslinger, and Close Quarters Gunman.

"See?!" Rhys yells as he fires off a shot, aiming for the same crack Rylis hit.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>