What would you change about your Character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What would you change about these characters to make them better. It can either be their powers or their attitudes. You can add on to what they already have, etc.....

Thor

Silver Surfer

Superman

Hulk

Thanos

Darkseid

Wolverine

Spiderman

Or any other hero/Villain that you would like to mention in this thread. It does not have to be the people listed above.

Parmaniac
Superman: Kill him off. See Spider-mans attitude.

Hulk: Make him a bit smarter, I loved the WWH attitude.

Thanos: Nothing he's perfect cool

Darkseid: Less jobbing

Wolverine: Pull down his HF in some stories, that makes his stories pretty boring/pointless.

Spiderman: More use of his intellect by inventing more useful stuff. Sometimes (only sometimes) make his attitude more serious and maybe willing to kill from time to times.

JakeTheBank
From the listed above:

Thor: I would hardly change anything to the character, but the writers who portray him. Little things such as having Thor speak Old English when he's since moved past speaking in such a manner to bigger things like conviently having Thor forget powers or fight down to someone's level as to make the other character look better just irk me. I would portray him as more of a cunning warrior than the brute some people think he is.

Silver Surfer: Not much to change as he's already kick ass thumb up

Superman: There's not much I can think of to change Supes. I'd probably slap on some more defined limits of what he can do, but other than that, not much.

Hulk: So long as PIS is removed from Hulk and his stories, I wouldn't change much.

Thanos: Probably just job him out to some random heroes for the hell of it....KIDDING! I don't want to be stoned and branded a heretic here on KMC. In all seriousness, though, I'd give the whole "Thanos has some dastardly object/plot device to rule the universe" angle a rest for a while.

Darkseid: I'd probably give him more respect as a character instead of building him up just so he could lose to Superman.

Wolverine: Reduce his omnipresence in Marvel...if such a task is possible. That and impose more limits on his healing factor, I guess.

Spider-Man: Retcon OMD/BND. Bring back the Other Powers. Kill Aunt May. Etc.

I'll probably think of more later.

SamZED
Thor: What Parmaniac said.
And oh SO QFT about Superman laughing out loud
Hulk: sadly i want to see him get his ass kicked more often because he's not supposed to beat a lot of guys he beats all the time.
Thanos Darkseid Surfer meh dont care.
Wolverine: Wanna read a story where his hf is gone completely, same with Deadpool. Id like to see them go through a few dozen issue relying only on their skills like say Bats and DD without letting people cut/shoot/run them over etc all the time because normally they dont give a crap about getting injured. Its be more fun imo.
Spider-man: again what Parmaniac said. His intellect is underrated on KMC and sometimes I wish he'd cut loose on villains and other heros. It happens once a decade.

Parmaniac
So you've read my post before I edited it stick out tongue

rotiart
Thor... Has a huge variety of powers but bricks it too often... I'd like to see him actually use his powers more
superman... Stay within your powerset and away from the dc I'll create a new power for you because you are our posterboy mentality and have him suffer legitimate losses like Thor without the world crying out for a retcon
spiderman... Reverse everything mephisto did... Leave the dead dead... And the clone bull...
Wolverine... Lose the hf... For like 20 issues and be a solo issue for a while staying away from xmen avenger etc titles. The whole 'bub' thing should go. He sounds like a freaking dwarf even though it's his damn catchphrase.
Hulk...I'd like to see banner with his tech body but hulks strength... But storyline wise I'd prefer to see more of the wwh version
surfer was a pacifist... Take him back to his nobler quieter days
darkseid should stop jobbing. Period. He should have superman killed 15 ways til sunday. Stop having him job
thanos should stat out of comics for a while... A long while. Before he starts developing darkseids jobber aura

Mshinu
Thor: Teach him to talk modern english, his hair colour should be red, grow a beard again

Silver Surfer: he`s ok

Superman: kill him. I`d remove the posterboy power but at this point I don`t think it is possible. He`d need a new costume too.

Hulk: Professor Hulk incarnation.

Thanos: He`s fine

Darkseid: Stop jobbing, shit stomp supes

Wolverine: he doesn`t need to be everywhere. Badassness is over the top at times.

Spiderman: get more serious

carver9
Thor - Use his exotic powers more and I want him to become mjolnir. I want him to absorb all the abilities of the hammer and get rid of it. Fly without it, punch without it, use his powers without it, etc.... I want him to be the hammer.

Silver Surfer - He is perfect the way he is, I just want him to just outright kill his opponents. No holding back, just run through them like nothing.

Superman - very inconsistent. First you have him moving 1/3 of a planet, then you have him along with the entire kryptonian race struggling to put a moon the size of earths moon back into orbit.

Hulk - I would give him more Super speed.

Thanos - He is perfection

Darkseid - Darkseid is inconsistence also. His powers fluctuate from high herald to sky father.

Wolverine - Writers are inconsistent with him also. Sometimes he brush off 100 tons hits and sometimes it drops him. I would give Wolverine more strength, put him in the 50 ton class. Then we would see him at one point fighting with his claws and at another point just punching it out with people.

Spiderman - I would give Spiderman more strength and durability along with a meaner attitude. Willing to kill without asking a question.

Bouboumaster
Thor: Won't change a thing, but maybe bring back the classic constume.

Silver Surfer: Current Surfer kicks to many ass to be changed. Maybe he should use his power in more exotic ways, though, to really gives the impression that he's a God's servent god.

Superman: Stopping the PIS aura, definite him, in his strenght and in his weaknesses.

Hulk: More WWH, please. (Current Banner kick ass too)

Thanos: I would change nothing at all.

Darkseid: I would makes him kick Sups ass, and Orion's ass too. The dude is fabulous, but he has to stop jobbing to an e.t. and to his brat of son.

Wolverine: using more martial arts in his fights.

Spiderman: ret-con OMD and BND.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
Spiderman - along with a meaner attitude. Willing to kill without asking a question. That would completely destroy the concept of Spidey

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That would completely destroy the concept of Spidey

I know and it would be awesome. Especially with the power that he have.

Mindship
Superman
- Nix the weaknesses, or at least tone 'em down. Marvel ubers function just fine w/o them in a story. Supes can do it too.
- update the costume. Some very cool variations have appeared over the years. It's time to put the undies back where they belong.
- Address why Kryptonians are so much like humans in appearance: they have a common ancestor. It's also why Jor-El aimed his son for Earth (I'm not sure, but this may've been addressed already).
- Come up with an overall "scientific" reason for his powers.

Silver Surfer
- Gets knocked off the board? Hovers. No more dropping like a wuss.
- Masters h2h combat.
- Make him more powerful but less versatile. As a planet-finder, Surfer could do his job with just some basics. Exotics complicate storytelling, IMO.
- Come up with an overall "scientific" reason for his powers.

Lord Feron
Silver Surfer - Needs to be more threatening or something. He personality is kinda of boring.

Superman - Just really has to relax and not be such a boyscout.

Spiderman - Smart guy should use his brain more. Making stuff and use his brain more duiring fights.

Omega Vision
If I were the writer:

Thor-Retool of the character, maybe. Give him a beard (not necessarily a large one) and make him speak in in heavily accented English with little bits of Old Norse phraseology (curse words, nick-names, "slang"wink. Also have Mjolnir decorated with glowing Norse Runes, the same for his body armor. His power-level is fine where it is now.

Silver Surfer-I don't read a lot of Surfer and don't know much about his character. I'd say he's fine where he is though.

Superman-Remove the magic weakness or give him some magic resistance, make him use speed more often to win fights, give him some more complex motivations for doing what he does but don't make him any 'meaner' or more willing to kill just because that's what the Lowest Common Denominator of comics fans wishes it so. That said I would also avoid having him kill sentient robots or such and such just because they aren't organic.

Hulk-Make Banner Hulk again and put his powers back at Savage levels but still give him something of a mind, a mind that is nonetheless made muddled by the contest between the Id (Hulk) and the Superego (Banner), a contest that would be shown by competing captions expressing his conflicting desires and intents.

Thanos-Have him break up with Death and after being cast out of her Realm make his story the search for purpose and identity.

Darkseid-No more jobbing, restore him to PC levels and make him a threat to the entire DCU, a threat that the combined JLA and JSA struggle with. Also make him more of a planner and manipulator and less a petty tyrant. Now that Kirby's original story has more or less been closed up by Morrison I'd have a revived Darkseid quest for something else than the Anti-Life Equation: his freedom. I'd have Darkseid come to the understanding that he is just a pawn of some Cosmic game and attempt to break free and snap the strings. He'd soon realize that the only way he could ever possibly break free of the cycle would be to undo Creation itself: the Source. At the end of his story he'd realize to his devastation that in seeking to free himself from Fate's grasp he played right into the Cosmic design and secured his own end.

Wolverine-Restrict him to one team and two solo series maximum.

Spiderman-Retcon OMD/BND

Deathstroke-Make him an anti-hero again who's sick of his Supervillain lifestyle and who's trying his best to make up for some of the wrongs he's done.

Sentry-Lose the Void/Bob dynamic and exile him from Earth completely. Eventually have him join the Marvel cosmic order as a Galactus level being, maybe even make him Marvel's Spectre.

CosmicComet
What would you change about these characters to make them better. It can either be their powers or their attitudes. You can add on to what they already have, etc.....

Thor

Silver Surfer

Superman

Hulk

Thanos

Darkseid

Wolverine

Spiderman

Or any other hero/Villain that you would like to mention in this thread. It does not have to be the people listed above.

Thor: Mandate that he is immune to CIS.

Silver Surfer: Same.

Superman: Nothing particularly. He needs to not be as well protected, just to make his stories more interesting. It's not like he's DC's biggest earner these days anyway.

Hulk: Relegate him to the midcard. He's nothing special. Sentry and Thor both deserve visibility over him.

Thanos: Dunno.

Darkseid: Too much jobbing.

Wolverine: He needs to produce more random bastard children.

Spiderman: Dunno.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Darkseid-No more jobbing, restore him to PC levels and make him a threat to the entire DCU, a threat that the combined JLA and JSA struggle with. Also make him more of a planner and manipulator and less a petty tyrant. Now that Kirby's original story has more or less been closed up by Morrison I'd have a revived Darkseid quest for something else than the Anti-Life Equation: his freedom. I'd have Darkseid come to the understanding that he is just a pawn of some Cosmic game and attempt to break free and snap the strings. He'd soon realize that the only way he could ever possibly break free of the cycle would be to undo Creation itself: the Source. At the end of his story he'd realize to his devastation that in seeking to free himself from Fate's grasp he played right into the Cosmic design and secured his own end.

Now this would be perfect.

I wish this would happen.

janus77
Thor - get rid of the hammer, make the power part of himself

Silver Surfer - less talk more blackholes (in the opposition)

Superman - grow a dick.

Hulk - embrace the power. BannerTech + Hulk Power = domination

Thanos - do something about the chin no expression

Darkseid - relocate, Superman is ruining him no expression

Wolverine - shave regularly, get nicotine patches, drop the "bub"

Spiderman - invent some new tech or steal Doc Ock's arms

Omega Vision
Now this would be perfect.

I wish this would happen.
The last panel would be an image of Darkseid as a Promethean trapped on the Source Wall with a narration by Metron describing how the Source instills in some of Its creations a lust for power and knowledge that brings them to their end. That the Source needs to work through pawns to forward Its goals and that in the end everything goes back to the Source. Metron then swears to learn from the twisted Comedy of Darkseid and understand that even Gods must be wary of hubris. In the end Darkseid's desire for control of his own destiny is what enslaved him.

Anyway that's how I'd do it.

nicamarvin
What would you change about these characters Where is Juggernaut?... confused I would make his Mind as invulnerable as his Body.... cool

Black bolt z
YES!

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
YES! He could have better Piercing Durability... erm

-Pr-
Thor - Have him use his powers more effectively.

Silver Surfer - Not a whole lot.

Superman - I'd change the perceptions of most of KMC, as it seems most of you don't even read his comics. Other than that, i'd get certain writers off the books.

Hulk - Not much.

Thanos - Don't care enough.

Darkseid - Bring him back, first of all.

Wolverine - Nothing really.

Spiderman - Make him married again.

Cyclops - Get rid of Fraction, Kyle and Yost off of any book where they get to write Cyclops. They don't have a clue.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-

Cyclops - Get rid of Fraction, Kyle and Yost off of any book where they get to write Cyclops. They don't have a clue. whats wrong with the way they write cyke?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
whats wrong with the way they write cyke?

seriously?

Starscream M
seriously? I haven't read their work. just curious on how they portray cyke.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
I haven't read their work. just curious on how they portray cyke.

Both write him completely out of character. Kyle and Yost write him as a cold-hearted killer in X-Force most of the time, and Fraction, well...

If he's not smiling all the damn time, he's cracking wise. Plus, he's a real dick to emma at times, when he really shouldn't be.

Starscream M
ok gotcha.

rotiart
Well you can attribute that to
per slim
1. The rewriting of time of Jean
2. Scott being with the sexual creature that is Emma and Scottsdale gotten more agressive to match his new bedroom style.
3. He's got a piece of the void trapped in his head and it's got him a but mentally unhinged.

Per superman. Unflavored crap. Thanks but no thanks. Random gl from sector eat my shorts is a better character than Clark
and if you don't believe there is a ton of pis attributed to superman whether allstar, jla, his regular title of his other appearances throughout dc... You are more disillusioned than most wolverine fans
And

nicamarvin
he's a real dick to emma at times, when he really shouldn't be. He a Pimp...pimp

-Pr-
Originally posted by rotiart
Well you can attribute that to
per slim
1. The rewriting of time of Jean
2. Scott being with the sexual creature that is Emma and Scottsdale gotten more agressive to match his new bedroom style.
3. He's got a piece of the void trapped in his head and it's got him a but mentally unhinged.

Per superman. Unflavored crap. Thanks but no thanks. Random gl from sector eat my shorts is a better character than Clark
and if you don't believe there is a ton of pis attributed to superman whether allstar, jla, his regular title of his other appearances throughout dc... You are more disillusioned than most wolverine fans
And

he was different long before they put the void in his head.

he was written well while he was with emma by whedon. fraction just went and f*cked it up.

you really don't know superman that well, do you?

rotiart
Nope.
I guess owning just about every jla and superman except all star
meansi know very little about the man. Yep. Yep...
We've talked about this before...

nicamarvin
you really don't know superman that well, do you? I know he is Gay... erm

Black bolt z
I like this idea for thanos:
Thanos-Have him break up with Death and after being cast out of her Realm make his story the search for purpose and identity

Thor:Less old english

Surfer:Make him meaner and out to kill but not liking it like thanos

Superman:More vulnerable to everything

Hulk:He's fine

Darkseidbig grinon't really know anything about him

Wolverine:Less healing factor and somehow his claws breaking

Spiderman:A variety of different suits

rotiart
My views on how he's portrayed are different from yours. You seem to like the writing... While I find it cookie cutter and boring

rotiart
Switching to cyclops... How far back are you talking about him being different

since the twelve inciden and merging with apoc?
The buff cyke that appear under Jim lee?
the trapped in the askanison timeline?
When doees the line diverge for you

Omega Vision
Originally posted by rotiart
My views on how he's portrayed are different from yours. You seem to like the writing... While I find it cookie cutter and boring
The only reason he's "cookie cutter" is that so many heroes that came after have copied him. stick out tongue

Thor: skyfather beard and looks, make him look like an encarnate force of nature, change the hammer and costume design, the ultimate mjolnir looked pretty good.

Silver Surfer: I think it's time norrin displayed some anger and other baser emotions, we know he has them and they create an inner struggle with his pacifistic ideals, but they are never allowed to bubble to the surface

Superman: update his uniform, at least loose the underwear outside his pants

Hulk: the best thing I ever read with the hulk in it was a oneshot that explores his role as a WMD maker, the role of the industrial military-complex that spawned him in the world and the military use of the hulk himself as a WMD. When samson tells him what a genius he is by creating the gamma bomb, he replies "the gamma bomb made me" and elaborates on how he, banner, was no science heroe but world a destroyer, while the hulk monster just wants to be left alone. Obviously not cannon, but this is the kind of reflection I wanted to see in his stories. I also like the undergound fugitive take on the character and want a more subversive angle to it: a repentant openheimer gone anti-military radical, packing the power of a million A-bombs

Wolverine: drop the pathetic man vs beast angle and realize that it was civilized humans that that ****ed up his life and turned him into a killing machine, not his 'beastial' nature which is just base self-preservation instinct anyway

Spiderman: well, lets see, after making a deal with the what is next for spider-man? grow a pair and deal with life

chuck and mags: road trip! get the band back toghether, drop some acid, spend more time fighting menaces to mutants than cancelling each other out, explore the philosophical conflict between them with some actual changes and growth in it - have them see the world through each other's eyes, make them relevant again. bring back the counterculture feel to the characters and explore their political radicalism

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by 753

chuck and mags: road trip! get the band back toghether, drop some acid, spend more time fighting menaces to mutants than cancelling each other out, explore the philosophical conflict between them with some actual changes and growth in it - have them see the world through each other's eyes, make them relevant again. bring back the counterculture feel to the characters and explore their political radicalism

Great idea!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.