Nova Corps vs Darkstars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Discuss.

Prep-Man
Which era of Darkstars?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Which era of Darkstars?
I guess when John Stewart was part of them.

Prep-Man
Their energy projection didn't really impress me, but the Nova Corps didn't impress me, either. So, I'm not sure.

Omega Vision
Their energy projection didn't really impress me, but the Nova Corps didn't impress me, either. So, I'm not sure.
I think Darkstars' tech has been described as being roughly equal to a GL ring in terms of sheer power but lacking the versatility of a power ring.

Prep-Man
Then Darkstars, I guess.

Omega Vision
Then Darkstars, I guess.
I don't think they had the numbers of the GLC though, even at their apex, after all they were virtually wiped out by Grayven.

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think Darkstars' tech has been described as being roughly equal to a GL ring in terms of sheer power but lacking the versatility of a power ring.

Not quite. They could fight GLs on even terms by using the color yellow, they were however outpowered.

Their big thing was they could absorb energy and output a variety of spectrums of energy from their blasters, but couldn't do constructs. Aside from that, strength, toughness, flight, and personal forcefields. There were a couple grades of suits too- the best ones had the energy absorption, the normal models relied on energy linked from the Controllers (and all ceased working when the Controllers stopped supporting the project), then there was a deputy model with significantly reduced power.

Hm, I'd think the best suits have something of an edge due to having energy absorption, but they aren't out of the league of Centurions by any means, and were few in number compared to earlier suits. I'd bet the Novas are more maneuverable. The normal suits vs Centurions probably depends a lot on skill, with the Darkstars at most having a small power edge. The deputy suits I'd think would have a fair disadvantage, better for fighting the lower ranks of Nova.

Total numbers was about a thousand.

Denny Crane
I think Worldmind would tip the scales quite a bit.

Especially if Nova Prime is out in the front lines.

I imagine WM would hack the suits or something

Regardless, the other side has John Steward so they auto-fail.

Done and Done

Q99
I'll note that the Nova Prime at the time the Corps was around went insane, so using him is a bit of a mixed blessing.

I doubt if the WM can hack the suits- they're Controller tech and not made for remote access.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.