Super Skrull vs Nova Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheTyrant
Who wins this one?

galactusischere
RR.

Harbinger
Nova whoops that ass.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doesn't current Nova Prime posses a lot less Nova Force? With it being housed in the Worldmind and divided between his troops.

Even at full power I highly doubt Richard would whoop Super Skrull's ass. It's debatable he would even win.

A lot of people think Super Skrull is a jobber, but you should see how his written at his high end showings.

As a matter of fact, they had a run in during Nova's Secret Invasion tie in. As I recall, Kl'rt was definitely portrayed as a peer of Nova.

dmills
Nah. They were just good buddies from the annihilation war. In that same arc Nova easily destroyed an ultra powerful skrull battleship that SS ran away from in fear. Nova outclasses him in every way.

Originally posted by dmills
Nah. They were just good buddies from the annihilation war. In that same arc Nova easily destroyed an ultra powerful skrull battleship that SS ran away from in fear. Nova outclasses him in every way.

I dont recall that. What happened exactly?

But regardless, SS has tanked a star going nova with his foce fields and has absorbed and then released a star going nova with the HT's power. He can do the brain bubble thing, has the combined durabilities of the Thing and MF plus a decent HF and skrull's shapeshifting. He is a lot more violent than the f4 and uses his powers in very lethal ways, even mf's useless stretching has been used to slice and dice platoons. He isn't getting trampled by Nova.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah. They were just good buddies from the annihilation war. In that same arc Nova easily destroyed an ultra powerful skrull battleship that SS ran away from in fear.

When did that happen?

Annihiliation was huge so I don't recall every detail but I'd like to see it.

Nova outclasses him in every way.

^Doesn't actually know who Super Skrull is.

dmills
Not during Annihilation. It was during the Secret Invasion tie in. Nova #16-17 I believe.

dmills
@753

The brain bubble has a chance. That's the only reason I'll allow for a few victories. And even with that, Nova's helmet might be able to prevent it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not during Annihilation. It was during the Secret Invasion tie in. Nova #16-17 I believe.

You said Annihilation.

It was #18. And it was the Worldmind's newest recruits who blew it up.

Where does it show being a ship that Super Skrull feared? As I recall in #16 they flew in right in front of the Skrull army, and Nova said they going to die. Super Skrull then starts choking Nova. He then blasts him away and hides him under an invisible shield.

dmills
I said that they were buddies in annihilation, not that the feat I'm describing happened in annihilation. It happened in the secret invasion tie in that you referenced.

Ambient
@753

The brain bubble has a chance. That's the only reason I'll allow for a few victories. And even with that, Nova's helmet might be able to prevent it.
I don't think that's gonna work, the brain bubble i mean.. a.) There's that armor suit, he's taken a few powerful blast without a singes and its supposed to keep the nova force in, its only natural that it is also able to keep energies out.. b.) even if SSkrull does manage to bypass the armor with his f-field, his got to contend with the interference of the nova force inside.. c.) Nova absorption abilities..

The only way SSkrull could beat Nova is to overpower him and that might prove to be quite a challenge.. I'd say split 5/5, my 2 cents..

D_Dude1210
Well, during the Secret Invasion arc, Super Skrull ran away from a Skull gunship while Nova just one shot it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I said that they were buddies in annihilation, not that the feat I'm describing happened in annihilation. It happened in the secret invasion tie in that you referenced.

Okay.

Really? What issue? D_dude also seems to recall it but I flipped through #16, #17 and #18 which is the extent of the tie in and I don't see it.

D_Dude1210
Don't have my comics with me, but it was the issue where Nova responds to an 8x8 then gets jumped by a few modified Skrulls. Super Skrull came in and helped him out, ship came in, SS said "run! that's an <insert ship type here>" then Nova shrugged and went "Pow!", one-shotting the ship.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay.

Really? What issue? D_dude also seems to recall it but I flipped through #16, #17 and #18 which is the extent of the tie in and I don't see it.

It's issue 16. Both were being chased by the Skrull ship. Nova wanted to fight, while SS questions Nova's decision to fight the the V'Rukk class attack ship. Nova comment's he's Nova and both split off in different directions where Nova manuvuers around and flies through it. Then SS comments that he "forgot how powerful you were terran."

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh I see it. Thanks. I kept flipping to the back when they teleport to the surface of the Earth, because that's where all the big ships are.

That doesn't exactly prove that Nova outclasses Super Skrull in every way.

Nova flies through the ship while Super Skrull is confusing it's targeting system.

dmills
When a person has a pretty big edge in speed, strength, durability and raw power what would you call it?

the ninjak
After their showings in Annihilation Nova outclasses Super Skrull.

World Mind aid of Nova mid fight is too huge an advantage.
SS isn't going to slide one of his fingers down Nova's throat.
The fire won't do squat.
And Brain Bubbles will be negated.
And Rider would kick ass during melee combat....especially after being trained to fight at Destroyer level ability.

D_Dude1210
In Annihilation, I've always used: Surfer>Morg(w/o WOL)/Stardust>Other Heralds/Ravenous>Terrax/Airwalker>Nova Prime>Super Skrull/Ronan

smile

dmills
Well you can change that list around. Ravenous was getting slapped around by Xenith.

AlmightyKfish
Well you can change that list around. Ravenous was getting slapped around by Xenith.

Ravenous without access to his Opposing Force, so no real powers.

dmills
^^^Courtesy of Richard Rider.

WhiteWitchKing
^^^Courtesy of Richard Rider.

Nope. It was by Super Skrull's hand that slew Ravenous' Currs.

dmills
It was Nova that seperated them in the first place.

thanos-prime
SS if he uses his powers super creatively otherwise nova ftw.

It was Nova that seperated them in the first place.

When they finally take him down and ronan beats the shit out of him? I think it was SS with iff, dont recall rider doing anything there.

dmills
IIRC when the fight begins Nova blasts the hounds off of Ravenous.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Nope. It was by Super Skrull's hand that slew Ravenous' Currs.

The currs regrow though, Surfer killed Ravenous' before and they re-grew in about a minute

I assumed he didn't have them in his fight with Xenith because either he just didn't have them in his throne room, or they were linked to Annihilus in some way (Annihilus did provide the Seekers with the Currs & their Opposing Force link), so when Nova tore out his guts the Currs became useless.

Is this the event you are referring to? SS slays the currs and ronana tramples him. dont recall xenith being there, but now that I think about it, I dont remember much about annihilation at all.

Also, http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=56722_Nova_17_9Zone-Megan4_pg12_122_15lo.jpg

choke on it sue

celeyhyga17
Erm...it's not even a contest.

Nova Prime hard...

9/10

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
The currs regrow though, Surfer killed Ravenous' before and they re-grew in about a minute

I assumed he didn't have them in his fight with Xenith because either he just didn't have them in his throne room, or they were linked to Annihilus in some way (Annihilus did provide the Seekers with the Currs & their Opposing Force link), so when Nova tore out his guts the Currs became useless.

When did the currs regrow? Issue or scan thanks.

Nova wasn't even on Hala.

D_Dude1210

I've read Annihilation 1000 times, it was SS that separated the Currs from Ronan. Xenith was fighting a powerless Ravenous (same one that got punked by Wraith like he was a baby). It's FACT that the Seekers are helpless (and one-shot fodder) against Heralds (proven when Firelord and Red Shift tore them apart before they could blink) once they've been separated from their Currs.

Also, Xenith was pounding Nova after he was able to get in his first bullrush and if he didn't have a convenient plot device, that fight could have gone differently and you know it. :-/

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
When did the currs regrow? Issue or scan thanks.

Nova wasn't even on Hala.

I think right after ss destroys them the first time they're already shown regrowing.

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
I think right after ss destroys them the first time they're already shown regrowing.

Yeah they did regrow.

dmills
Sigh. What I'm talking about happened in Annihilation #3 during the battle on daedalus 5. Ravenous says "Nova Prime is mine, then Ronan jumps in, then Rich blasts the curr's away from Ravenous.

and then xenith joins in? I cant recall that story very well

WhiteWitchKing
Sigh. What I'm talking about happened in Annihilation #3 during the battle on daedalus 5. Ravenous says "Nova Prime is mine, then Ronan jumps in, then Rich blasts the curr's away from Ravenous.

Nova rocketed at the Currs and knocked some of them out of the way, but we see him drag away just one of the Currs. The next few panels we clearly see he didn't take out that many as Ravenous had ATLEAST 3 Currs left. He had brought 6 to the fight.

dmills
@753
laughing out loudNo man. We're talking about two entirely different story arcs. Annihilation and War of kings. Xenith beat up Ravenous in wok. We're just arguing about the origin of how he lost his curr's.

dmills
@whitewitch
I could've sworn that he blasted them loose from Ravenous first. Lord I'm not having a case of severe FIS right now. That would be embarrassing.

@753
laughing out loudNo man. We're talking about two entirely different story arcs. Annihilation and War of kings. Xenith beat up Ravenous in wok. We're just arguing about the origin of how he lost his curr's.

Oh... that!

I think Annihilus is the one that provided him with them. IIRC he says something to that effect in his first fight with the SS. Maybe without the bug, he couldnt make them himself, although they did regrow midfight

The last ones he ever packed were killed by the SS

looks like my memory isnt tha bad after allbig grin

WhiteWitchKing
@whitewitch
I could've sworn that he blasted them loose from Ravenous first. Lord I'm not having a case of severe FIS right now. That would be embarrassing.

Second panel shows 6 Currs.
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1520/ann02021.th.jpghttp://img59.imageshack.us/img59/954/ann02022.th.jpg

That's about 3 Curr's on his right leash.
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6343/ann02023.th.jpghttp://img682.imageshack.us/img682/120/ann03005.th.jpg

Fights without Currs.
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4835/ann03014.th.jpg

dmills
Ok. I stand corrected. Nova blitzed 3 curr's, not blasted them loose.

dmills
Just read Nova 35. I had heard Richard was getting another amp for the Thanos Imperative event. So it turns out that he was holding back power all this time after all. Interesting.

Nihilist
SS

the ninjak
Nova Prime

dmills
Nova would have stomped even prior to his recent power up. Now it'll be an absolute ass rape.

celeyhyga17
Nova would have stomped even prior to his recent power up. Now it'll be an absolute ass rape.

Amen to that...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.