Those who sit above in shadow VS galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
discuss

AsbestosFlaygon
Galactus curbstomps

galactusischere
Galactus 10/10.

Omega Vision
Galactus. Do they really have any feats other than being explicitly above Skyfathers like Odin?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Galactus curbstomps Originally posted by galactusischere
Galactus 10/10.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Galactus. Do they really have any feats other than being explicitly above Skyfathers like Odin?

Wild Shadow
no feats no win... besides we dont know how high they are anyways above odin.. they could just be barely above him being parasitic by nature like most worshiped type beings living in another dimension,,,

AsbestosFlaygon
Not to mention the fact that they were defeated by RKT, who is insignificant to Galactus.

janus77
Galactus sits FAR ABOVE, "those who sit above in shadow". in fact they are sat in the shadow cast by the Celestials, from the light emanating from Galactus' arse yes

Omega Vision
Not to mention the fact that they were defeated by RKT, who is insignificant to Galactus.
To be fair I'd probably give RKT the win over a starving and/or hungry Galactus since Classic Thor was able to run him off with a Godblast.

AsbestosFlaygon
To be fair I'd probably give RKT the win over a starving and/or hungry Galactus since Classic Thor was able to run him off with a Godblast.
TBH, I think the CIS that revolves around most of Galactus' defeats is due to the writer's lack of knowledge of Galactus' power.

A hungry Galactus should still be stronger than a Celestial, imho.
Galactus shouldn't even feel the Godblast.

Colossus-Big C
rune king thor would beat a hungry galactus any day

AlmightyKfish
TBH, I think the CIS that revolves around most of Galactus' defeats is due to the writer's lack of knowledge of Galactus' power.

A hungry Galactus should still be stronger than a Celestial, imho.
Galactus shouldn't even feel the Godblast.

The writer who created Galactus has lack of knowledge about him?

Endless Mike
That was hungry Galactus who got driven away with the Godblast

Rage.Of.Olympus
I find it funny that Galactus fans (Not the people in this thread.) are so quick to use that Annual as evidence to Galactus being weakened (Which wouldn't make sense if their original fight is as I recall. I think it was just ignorance on the writers part.) and are so quick to dismiss it as evidence of the current cosmic hierarchy even at that time. Ten years later after the Thor #300 according to that annual, it went something like this if I recall:

TOAA > Living Tribunal > Eternity > Exitar > Fourth Host > Odin/Surtur > Peak Power Galactus/Destroyer/Mangog > Thor

The annual came out as late as 1989. The entire Skyfather, Cosmic Abstract titles are just that. Titles. That's why even in the late 90's, Odin can come out and rock the Multiverse, and destroy Galaxies with Seth.

It probably wasn't until very recently that Galactus and Odin's positions mattered.

I think it's the Celestial fight that have made Odin suffer in the eyes of fans today. Although I have no idea why since Galactus would have not fared against the Celestials any better than Odin at the time. It was when they were first truly integrated into the Marvel Universe as far as I can tell and of course where going to be portrayed as extremely powerful.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin/Surtur > Peak Power Galactus oh my god...you've truly gone off to the looney bin lol

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Starscream M
oh my god...you've truly gone off to the looney bin lol SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE.... mad

nicamarvin
A hungry Galactus should still be stronger than a Celestial ........ erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
oh my god...you've truly gone off to the looney bin lol

Haha. It's funny how you chime in like you know what your talking about. Read Thor Annual #14. I recall Thor saying something such as "I know not whether even Odin could beat the World Devourer at the peak of his power."

Hmmm....

It should be changed to this to be fair:

"Odin/Surtur/Peak Power Galactus"

Or the very least this:

"Odin/Surtur =/> Peak Power Galactus"

But I think it should be the former if I recall the statement right.

Starscream M
Haha. It's funny how you chime in like you know what your talking about. Read Thor Annual #14. I recall Thor saying something such as "I know not whether even Odin could beat the World Devourer at the peak of his power."
that would mean Thor suspects that Odin could NOT beat peak power Galactus.

did you get my PM btw?

nicamarvin
Haha. It's funny how you chime in like you know what your talking about. SHUT UP..... mad

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Stop trolling. I have never reported someone but my god, you retards are getting annoying.

that would mean Thor suspects that Odin could NOT beat peak power Galactus.

did you get my PM btw?

No it means that Thor is not sure whether Odin would be able to beat a peak power Galactus. Not that he couldn't. Although the fact that it was stated the Destroyer is on the level of Galactus and is capable of destroying him, I think Odin would have taken the edge.

I'll check my pm box.

Starscream M
^Stop trolling. I have never reported someone but my god, you retards are getting annoying.

No it means that Thor is not sure whether Odin would be able to beat a peak power Galactus. Not that he couldn't. Although the fact that it was stated the Destroyer is on the level of Galactus and is capable of destroying him, I think Odin would have taken the edge.

I'll check my pm box. Odin struggled to beat Thanos. He ain't touching peak galactus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin struggled to beat Thanos. He ain't touching peak galactus.

facepalm

nicamarvin
^Stop trolling. I have never reported someone but my god, you retards are getting annoying. like the likes of you or Bada would do something beside ***** about it.... smokin'

rotiart
Or Thor means that Odin at his peak might not have stood a chance against that then current showing of galactus.

Omega Vision

Hmmm....

It should be changed to this to be fair:

"Odin/Surtur/Peak Power Galactus"

Or the very least this:

"Odin/Surtur =/> Peak Power Galactus"

But I think it should be the former if I recall the statement right.
You're going to take Thor's musings as a concrete guide to the relative power scales of Galactus and Odin?

Even if it did matter you clearly ****ed up the ordering since that means that he doubted Odin was as powerful as Galactus, not the other way around.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by rotiart
Or Thor means that Odin at his peak might not have stood a chance against that then current showing of galactus. I think this is what it is

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're going to take Thor's musings as a concrete guide to the relative power scales of Galactus and Odin?

Even if it did matter you clearly ****ed up the ordering since that means that he doubted Odin was as powerful as Galactus, not the other way around.

Like I said, Galactus fans love using that issue as evidence and I am using it as simply a reference as to the apparent power scale at the time. As far as I can tell, there isn't any other such a vivid description during that time period but I may be wrong. It doesn't really surprise me. The entire Skyfather/Cosmic Abstract line has been blurred in comics, unlike it is on boards.

He doubted whether Odin could beat Galactus at his power. That statement in no way favors either of them although if I had to lean towards one it would have been Odin because of the Destroyer/Galactus comparison.

Omega Vision
Like I said, Galactus fans love using that issue as evidence and I am using it as simply a reference as to the apparent power scale at the time. As far as I can tell, there isn't any other such a vivid description during that time period but I may be wrong. It doesn't really surprise me. The entire Skyfather/Cosmic Abstract line has been blurred in comics, unlike it is on boards.

He doubted whether Odin could beat Galactus at his power. That statement in no way favors either of them although if I had to lean towards one it would have been Odin because of the Destroyer/Galactus comparison.
Okay so you admit that there's no real guide other than your own preferences. Super. thumb up

psycho gundam
galactus would shitstomp odin

janus77
Galactus calls Hulk and asks for Thor's arm... shifty

Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay so you admit that there's no real guide other than your own preferences. Super. thumb up

erm

My own preferences? Did you miss the part where I got this power scale from an actual comic?

Like I told Starscream it's either then "Odin = Galactus" or "Odin =/> Galactus". I favor the former, but I'd favor Odin in that fight.

kgkg
What are people talking about Galactus has always been seen as pretty much the strongest in the Universe ever since he made his first appearances still hasn't changed when it comes to non abstract entities that is.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by kgkg
What are people talking about Galactus has always been seen as pretty much the strongest in the Universe ever since he made his first appearances still hasn't changed when it comes to non abstract entities that is. he has been beaten by less, and odin originally was omnipotent

Rage.Of.Olympus
Galactus has always been portrayed as a big bad cosmic entity that was beyond the understanding of most beings. Nothing new there.

Omega Vision
erm

My own preferences? Did you miss the part where I got this power scale from an actual comic?

Like I told Starscream it's either then "Odin = Galactus" or "Odin =/> Galactus". I favor the former, but I'd favor Odin in that fight.
First off its a statement by Thor who really didn't know that much about Big G or his capabilities. Second off you really misinterpreted the statement. Its really saying that Thor doubts that Odin at his best could take Galactus. Thor would naturally wank Odin's powers in the first place (everyone thinks their dad can kick anyone's ass stick out tongue) so for him to doubt that Odin on his best day could take Galactus is pretty telling that Galactus>Odin.

kgkg
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he has been beaten by less, and odin originally was omnipotent Galactus needed to be defeated and usually was done via plot devices. Odin was omnipotent in title only.

Rage.Of.Olympus
First off its a statement by Thor who really didn't know that much about Big G or his capabilities. Second off you really misinterpreted the statement. Its really saying that Thor doubts that Odin at his best could take Galactus. Thor would naturally wank Odin's powers in the first place (everyone thinks their dad can kick anyone's ass stick out tongue) so for him to doubt that Odin on his best day could take Galactus is pretty telling that Galactus>Odin.

Thor doesn't know much about the Galactus? You think his ignorant of him? Odin specifically sent Thor on a mission to learn about Galactus. He knew that he was a Universal power that could wreck systems since day 1. The one thing Thor lacks is knowledge in regards to Galactus (Probably some of the info is off with retcons etc.). Through #168 to #169 Thor spends time with Galactus learning about his origin and story. Thor was one of the first to learn the secrets of Galactus and is one of the most knowledgeable beings in terms of him as far as I can tell.

This was his statement. "I know not whether even Odin could beat the World Devourer at the peak of his power." He was not sure whether Odin could beat Galactus at his best. Not the other way around.

no expression Thor is not delusional. He even admits there are powers beyond his understanding.

Starscream M

Like I told Starscream it's either then "Odin = Galactus" or "Odin =/> Galactus". I favor the former, but I'd favor Odin in that fight. rage, for your own good, take a break. from this site. from comics. go take a nap.

you're seriously delusional...far more so than usual. I'm worried. erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
rage, for your own good, take a break. from this site. from comics. go take a nap.

you're seriously delusional...far more so than usual. I'm worried. erm

Haha why? What's so delusional about my post? I think Odin would have taken the advantage over Galactus during that time period.

Galactus clearly takes the win now. I'm not debating that. It's obvious.

galactusischere
RoO speas the truth. Odin back in the day was just as powerful as Galactus. Maybe even more powerful than the classic Galactus

JakeTheBank
Classic Odin and Classic Galactus were pretty close in power, imo. Now, it's obvious who the victor would be. Don't see what's crazy about that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by galactusischere
RoO speas the truth. Odin back in the day was just as powerful as Galactus. Maybe even more powerful than the classic Galactus

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Classic Odin and Classic Galactus were pretty close in power, imo. Now, it's obvious who the victor would be. Don't see what's crazy about that.

You mean I was right and my opinion did not come out of think air and was based on actual comic evidence unlike what Starscream thinks?

eek!

What a shock.

Hum... Hasnt Galactus eaten magical realms and whole universes? What would a 'fully powered' G be? I don't think he has any inherent upper limits and if he does, they're so high up neither Thor nor Odin would be able to see them. Before BCA, I believe he was assumed to be Eternity's equal at 'full power'.

So with or even without the retcons, Thor was just talking out of his ass

Rage.Of.Olympus
I've never seen Galacuts eat entire magical realms and Universes. When did this happen?

Not really. Galactus and Odin were considered peers since his first appeared in a Thor comic. Thor never said anything knew.

I've never seen Galacuts eat entire magical realms and Universes. When did this happen?

Not really. Galactus and Odin were considered peers since his first appeared in a Thor comic. Thor never said anything knew.

Fine, he never finishes his meals, but he was going to and no one immediately arround was gonna stop him

galactusischere
Couldn't find the scans online, but luckily I had the issue so I put up my own scans

Thor #168(1969)

Odin states that Galactus is his near equal
http://img404.imageshack.us/i/thor16802.jpg/

Thor:
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/thor16814.jpg/

Couldn't find the scans online, but luckily I had the issue so I put up my own scans

Thor #168(1969)
Odin states that Galactus is his near equal
http://img404.imageshack.us/i/thor16802.jpg/

Thor:
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/thor16814.jpg/

If Galactus was truly more powerful than Odin, then he would have said so.

The question is would odin know the full extent of G's power?

I mean obviously today we can say that he was wrong in his assessment, but back then would he really have ways of knowing?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
Fine, he never finishes his meals, but he was going to and no one immediately arround was gonna stop him

Did they ever interact directly?

Really? When? Even in the Black Celestial Arc he had not even consumed a Universe. There's arguments to whether he was capable of consuming more but others as well argue no. It depends.

Directly? Not as far as I can tell. The closest was when he appeared before Thor to teleport him to Earth when Thor was deciding whether to attack Galactus or not after their talk.

Starscream M

I think it's the Celestial fight that have made Odin suffer in the eyes of fans today. no...its more like the thanos fight that severely diminished odin's standing.

Really? When? Even in the Black Celestial Arc he had not even consumed a Universe. There's arguments to whether he was capable of consuming more but others as well argue no. It depends.

Directly? Not as far as I can tell. The closest was when he appeared before Thor to teleport him to Earth when Thor was deciding whether to attack Galactus or not after their talk.

Like I said, he didnt get to finish, cause people keep bugging him when he's eating. I find the assumption he was going to finish that universe and eat others reasonable, although he would eventually be stopped, but not immediatelly.

Mephisto's was the magical realm I was referring to.

Rage.Of.Olympus
no...its more like the thanos fight that severely diminished odin's standing.

Really? Why?

Thor has done as well against Odin who was destroying Galaxies just as well as Thanos did against that Odin. That fight didn't do do anything to Odin's standings. He didn't kill Thanos but he was clearly above him. Even after that fight Odin was busting Galaxies, rocking the fabric of the Multiverse etc. when he had to.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
Like I said, he didnt get to finish, cause people keep bugging him when he's eating. I find the assumption he was going to finish that universe and eat others reasonable, although he would eventually be stopped, but not immediatelly.

Mephisto's was the magical realm I was referring to.

I didn't read any evidence that made that undeniable as I recall. Besides, that Galactus had his hunger modified by the Black Celestial. It wasn't as if that was regular Galactus. He had become a black hole that just kept eating and eating. Eventually he would have consumed that Universe but how far would he have gone or if he had any limit was unclear.

You mean when he threatened to consume Mephisto's realm?

I didn't read any evidence that made that undeniable as I recall. Besides, that Galactus had his hunger modified by the Black Celestial. It wasn't as if that was regular Galactus. He had become a black hole that just kept eating and eating. Eventually he would have consumed that Universe but how far would he have gone or if he had any limit was unclear.

You mean when he threatened to consume Mephisto's realm?

Yes and I do believe he started to

Starscream M
Really? Why?

Thor has done as well against Odin who was destroying Galaxies just as well as Thanos did against that Odin. That fight didn't do do anything to Odin's standings. He didn't kill Thanos but he was clearly above him. Even after that fight Odin was busting Galaxies, rocking the fabric of the Multiverse etc. when he had to. because odin showed that he was only a bit more powerful than thanos, whereas galactus would flick thanos like a bug

Rage.Of.Olympus
because odin showed that he was only a bit more powerful than thanos, whereas galactus would flick thanos like a bug

Odin was smacking around Thanos.

And you mean the Galactus that Thanos blasted across the surface of a moon (Albeit he didn't damage him and caught him by surprise, but he never damaged Odin either.) and exerted a great deal of power breaking through his force field?

Galactus didn't do that much better against Thanos than Odin did from what I recall.

galactusischere
He brought Thanos to his knees with one blast..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Which exerted a great deal of energy as I recall. Doesn't he even comment on needing to feed?

galactusischere
Yea, but Thanos didn't go down that easily against Odin. In fact he didn't even admit defeat.

Starscream M
Which exerted a great deal of energy as I recall. Doesn't he even comment on needing to feed? yeah, so a weak, starving galactus brought thanos to his knees with a blast, how do you think a full powered one would fare?

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Was it not revealed that Galactus had feed before his fight with Thanos?

Yea, but Thanos didn't go down that easily against Odin. In fact he didn't even admit defeat.

So Thanos is too stubborn to admit defeat. That proves what? Thanos was treated like someone below him. If Odin put a great deal of power into a single blast I don't think there would have been any difference between the fight Thanos had with Galactus.

galactusischere
^Was it not revealed that Galactus had feed before his fight with Thanos?

So Thanos is too stubborn to admit defeat. That proves what? Thanos was treated like someone below him. If Odin put a great deal of power into a single blast I don't think there would have been any difference between the fight Thanos had with Galactus.

I seriously doubt that Odin was holding back.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I seriously doubt that Odin was holding back.

Where did I say Odin was holding back?

galactusischere

If Odin put a great deal of power into a single blast I don't think there would have been any difference between the fight Thanos had with Galactus.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Where did I say that Odin was holding back in that?

TheTyrant
Galactus wins.

kgkg
Odin was smacking around Thanos.

And you mean the Galactus that Thanos blasted across the surface of a moon (Albeit he didn't damage him and caught him by surprise, but he never damaged Odin either.) and exerted a great deal of power breaking through his force field?

Galactus didn't do that much better against Thanos than Odin did from what I recall. Well in Annihilation Thanos feared what Galactus would do when he freed him this was a very Hungry Galactus that was at brink of death only had enough energy to stay alive and Thanos feared him.

While he was talking shit with Odin.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well in Annihilation Thanos feared what Galactus would do when he freed him this was a very Hungry Galactus that was at brink of death only had enough energy to stay alive and Thanos feared him.

While he was talking shit with Odin.

You mean the Thanos who had the nerve to make a deal with two space gods to beat down Galactus and then strap him on to a machine to use him as a giant space gun?

Thanos is smart to fear Galactus but he is cocky when he has to be and will do what he has to. Hence why you have him blasting Galactus across the surface of a planet. Anyways, once Galactus got free he absorbed all the stored Power Cosmic and was far from weak or on the brink of death. Hence the "Herald my rage!". So in retrospect Thanos was smart to fear freeing Galactus.

And Thanos once said he hoped to avoid a confrontation with the Hulk. That's not evidence of anything.

Starscream M

And Thanos once said he hoped to avoid a confrontation with the Hulk. That's not evidence of anything. um...thats evidence that thanos fears hulk. why do you hate hulk so much?

Rage.Of.Olympus
um...thats evidence that thanos fears hulk. why do you hate hulk so much?

I don't hate the Hulk. The idea that he fears the Hulk is utterly ludicrous. I mean in that same issue he fights Champion with the Power Gem and attributes fighting him akin to fighting the Hulk, yet he still treats the Champion as a joke.

Thanos doesn't pick unnecessary fights but when he does fight he definitely steps his game up.

You must be utterly loony to believe that Thanos has anything to fear from the Hulk.

Starscream M
I don't hate the Hulk. The idea that he fears the Hulk is utterly ludicrous. I mean in that same issue he fights Champion with the Power Gem and attributes fighting him akin to fighting the Hulk, yet he still treats the Champion as a joke.

Thanos doesn't pick unnecessary fights but when he does fight he definitely steps his game up.

You must be utterly loony to believe that Thanos has anything to fear from the Hulk. you may not like it...and many on kmc do not. but hulk is marvel's big dog.

he represents power and anger incarnate. he may not fly, he may not shoot lightning, he may not have a surf board...but make no mistake my friend, marvel intends he be one of its most powerful and threatening characters.

thanos is wise to fear hulk. hulk isn't champion. hulk can be far more. hulk was the one that defeated onslaught. hulk stalemated marvel's current golden boy, sentry.

You mean the Thanos who had the nerve to make a deal with two space gods to beat down Galactus and then strap him on to a machine to use him as a giant space gun?

Thanos is smart to fear Galactus but he is cocky when he has to be and will do what he has to. Hence why you have him blasting Galactus across the surface of a planet. Anyways, once Galactus got free he absorbed all the stored Power Cosmic and was far from weak or on the brink of death. Hence the "Herald my rage!". So in retrospect Thanos was smart to fear freeing Galactus.

And Thanos once said he hoped to avoid a confrontation with the Hulk. That's not evidence of anything.

I dont think he absorbed the pc stored in the would be bomb, he looked completely screwed up when he released the blast and IIRC he tells the surfer they must go find food cause he had the munchies badly

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
I dont think he absorbed the pc stored in the would be bomb, he looked completely screwed up when he released the blast and IIRC he tells the surfer they must go find food cause he had the munchies badly

I thought all those canisters that were floating around him were filled with stored Power Cosmic? It seemed like Galactus was absorbing them, as they were floating around him glowing blue along with Galactus' eyes.

When he is first freed he looks sickly along with Silver Surfer. However in when he absorbs all of those canisters in Annihilation #6 we never see his face but when we do see him in the end of that issue where Nova is recounting about what happened to all of the major players, Galactus looks fine and healthy.

Where does he say that? Nova says that according to rumors, Galactus' appetite is bigger than usual and he hopes that's not permanent. However as revealed in Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #1, Thanos' treachery has left him weakened.

I was never to hung up about his appearance after that issue though. 53 living beings (The last of Stardust's race.) where capable of rejuvenating his face despite the fact they barely satisfied his hunger.

TheTyrant
Galactus wasn't absorbing them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Then what was he doing with them? I always assumed he absorbed them as they were stored Power Cosmic were they not?

nicamarvin
You must be utterly loony to believe that Thanos has anything to fear from the Hulk. Geting your Neck broken is something to fear.... erm

Hulk could've broken thor's Neck when Thor was in Dream land... erm

kgkg
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus You mean the Thanos who had the nerve to make a deal with two space gods to beat down Galactus and then strap him on to a machine to use him as a giant space gun? well having help from two space God near Galactus level will give you some protection.

What are you talking about. Thanos blastedGalactus across the surface of a planet to buy time that had nothing to do with cockiness especially when he was preparing to survive this encounter with Galactus. He nearly died anyway.

With Odin he was at verge of taunting/mocking Odin who failed to damage him.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus And Thanos once said he hoped to avoid a confrontation with the Hulk. That's not evidence of anything. Hulk is a beast you should know that by now. Your probably referring to the Champion incident here but Thanos has dealt with the Hulk before so there is proof that Thanos does not fearing Hulk. Just because you want to avoid fighting an opponent who can become impossible beat isn't abnormal. This is different from the Galactus example because Thanos knew he should not survive twice now.

As for the feeding Galactus noted that his Hunger has grown and even had two heralds to find him planets. he was being starved to near death and was able to kill almost everything with a blast.

This incident caused Galactus hungry to grow because of this starvation.

Mindset
Galactus rapes Odin out of existence.

Utrigita
Then what was he doing with them? I always assumed he absorbed them as they were stored Power Cosmic were they not?

They could have been there merely as a nice effect (which I personally highly doubt) however it doesn't really change the fact that Galactus had been starving for a prolonged time kept at his absolute lowest to maintain both his life and at the same time ensuring that he didn't get enough power to escape. What you are more or less suggesting is that a man that have been dehydrated for wandering in the desert for a prolonged time, having only had a drop of water each day, will suddenly be back to full health if he receive a liter of water.

The fact that Galactus hunger had grown so much that he now needs two heralds to obtain the energy required, further serves to show (imo) that the energy he absorbed could hardly have had any lasting effect on him. (unless you think that he expended it all firing the omnidirectional blast)

And since Odin seems to have become the issue, allow me to redirect you to Jack Kirby's words on Galactus from, Ken Viola The Masters of Comic Book Art. USA.

The fact that he went to the bible and came back with Galactus speaks imo quite clearly for the role/powerlevel he saw Galactus have.

I'm not in doubt that originally Galactus and Odin was more or less equal to each other, but things have changed at least that is how I see it.

Colossus-Big C
Okay this scan proves alot.

Hercules is as Strong as Thor
Zeus is exactly as powerful as Odin
The Destroyer Armor (full power) is as powerful as galactus
Odin is as powerful as a cosmic cube
Exitar is more powerful than galatcus
beyonders destruction of a galaxy was only a illusion
galactus is more powerful than odin

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1159592-thor_annual_1989__014_36_37.jpg
(click to zoom)

galactusischere
Okay this scan proves alot.

Hercules is as Strong as Thor
Zeus is exactly as powerful as Odin
The Destroyer Armor (full power) is as powerful as galactus- That scan doesn't state anything like that
Odin is as powerful as a cosmic cube- False.
Exitar is more powerful than galatcus- That scan doesn't state anything like that
beyonders destruction of a galaxy was only a illusion- Retcon
galactus is more powerful than odin

Colossus-Big C
yes it does it actually says it can kill him, it also says odin is as powerful as the cub. did you even read it

galactusischere
Yes, I did.
It was said that the AD could potentially kill Galactus, and that Galactus would have to be starving to death, cause I am sure Galactus wouldn't be treated like an insect by the celestials.

Colossus-Big C
Yes, I did.
It was said that the AD could potentially kill Galactus, and that Galactus would have to be starving to death, cause I am sure Galactus wouldn't be treated like an insect by the celestials. nah the destroyer armor isnt an insect if it was a single celestial the destroyer would have one

galactusischere
No, cause Odin with the AD couldn't even hurt them.

Colossus-Big C
No, cause Odin with the AD couldn't even hurt them. yes he did he cut off the arm of one, it took all them combined blast to destroy it, and he cut one of there arms off. if it was 1on1 he would of cut the thing into pieces

galactusischere
And then the celestial regenerated. No harm done to it.

Colossus-Big C
And then the celestial regenerated. No harm done to it. this is like hulk regenerating an arm being cut off. given time the destroyer could of cut his head off in a long battle.

Colossus-Big C
"those who sit above in shadows" are celestials

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Random/ThorRagnarok22.jpg

nicamarvin

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Random/ThorRagnarok22.jpg and somehow RKT owned them.... confused

Omega Vision

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Random/ThorRagnarok22.jpg
Celestial Being=/=Celestial. Galactus has also been referred to as a Celestial Being.

Rage.Of.Olympus
well having help from two space God near Galactus level will give you some protection.

Obviously.

I just re-read the comic and Thanos says, "...Stand ready to teleport as soon as I shut down the restraints. Galactus....will be displeased. I'd just as soon as soon as not be on the receiving end of his rage." That's the extent of his statement and your acting as if he literally was scared of him.

What are you talking about. Thanos blastedGalactus across the surface of a planet to buy time that had nothing to do with cockiness especially when he was preparing to survive this encounter with Galactus. He nearly died anyway.

Like I said Thanos is cocky when he has to be. Him blasting Galactus across a planet shows that he will what he needs to when he has to.

With Odin he was at verge of taunting/mocking Odin who failed to damage him.

He was mocking Odin. If you think he failed to damage him then you need to re-read it.

Hulk is a beast you should know that by now. Your probably referring to the Champion incident here but Thanos has dealt with the Hulk before so there is proof that Thanos does not fearing Hulk. Just because you want to avoid fighting an opponent who can become impossible beat isn't abnormal. This is different from the Galactus example because Thanos knew he should not survive twice now.

erm

So Thanos engaging the Hulk in battle is proof that he does not fear him yet Thanos engaging Galactus in battle somehow does not prove he doesn't fear him? Lol.

Where does Galactus say that?

As for the feeding Galactus noted that his Hunger has grown and even had two heralds to find him planets. he was being starved to near death and was able to kill almost everything with a blast.

This incident caused Galactus hungry to grow because of this starvation.

Galactus is extremely powerful. I never argued otherwise but okay, duly noted.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, I did.
It was said that the AD could potentially kill Galactus, and that Galactus would have to be starving to death, cause I am sure Galactus wouldn't be treated like an insect by the celestials.

At that time, Galactus would have not fared against the Celestial's any better than Odin. The Celestial's were as high as they come in regards to the normal cosmic hierarchy at the time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
you may not like it...and many on kmc do not. but hulk is marvel's big dog.

he represents power and anger incarnate. he may not fly, he may not shoot lightning, he may not have a surf board...but make no mistake my friend, marvel intends he be one of its most powerful and threatening characters.

thanos is wise to fear hulk. hulk isn't champion. hulk can be far more. hulk was the one that defeated onslaught. hulk stalemated marvel's current golden boy, sentry.

Heh, you really are taking a liking to the Hulk aren't you?

I'll admit that in the last three years the Hulk has been pushed by Marvel. If this shit goes any further I might really start believing that Marvel wants to eliminate any parity between the Hulk and his rivals such as Thor.

Far more than the Champion with the Power Gem?

Hulk never defeated Onslaught.

Sentry is Marvel's Golden Boy?

Fun fact. In Thor #608 we get a lot more of the Sentry/Thor fight. It looks epic. I hope it is. Kieron has not let me down yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.