Kryptonian Cassandra Cain vs Pre Crisis Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
So Batgirl one day recieves the powers of a regular, post crisis Kryptonian. Combined with her body reading, she should be able to outfight current Superman. But how would she do against the pre crisis uber Superman?

Q99
I expect it would be very like the Karate Kid vs Superboy fight. He's stronger, but she has the strength and skill to judo flip or whatever pretty much anything he can throw.

Hm, I wonder if she's strong enough for nerve strikes to take an effect.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
I expect it would be very like the Karate Kid vs Superboy fight. He's stronger, but she has the strength and skill to judo flip or whatever pretty much anything he can throw.

Hm, I wonder if she's strong enough for nerve strikes to take an effect. Except Pre-Crisis KK >>>>>>>> CC with powers

And Pre-Crisis Superman >>>>>>>>> Pre-Crisis Superboy

JakeTheBank
He sneezes.

She dies.

Q99
Originally posted by Mindset
Except Pre-Crisis KK >>>>>>>> CC with powers

Not really, pre-Crisis KK didn't dominate Batman when he fought. He just had some good anti-Kryptonian tricks.

Give Cass super speed, and there shouldn't be anything he pulled off that she can't.

They're the same person. Older and more experienced, sure, but still, both pre-c Kryptonian power.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Not really, pre-Crisis KK didn't dominate Batman when he fought. He just had some good anti-Kryptonian tricks.

Give Cass super speed, and there shouldn't be anything he pulled off that she can't.

They're the same person. Older and more experienced, sure, but still, both pre-c Kryptonian power.

Yes, really. You'd be a fool to think CC is just as good as Pre-Crisis KK. Would you like to compare feats? Yea, KK doesn't have superspeed and he still pulls off feats that CC couldn't even dream of. Super speed isn't closing that gap.

Yea, they're the same person, except one is better in every way. no expression

Q99
Yes, really. You'd be a fool to think CC is just as good as Pre-Crisis KK. Would you like to compare feats? Yea, KK doesn't have superspeed and he still pulls off feats that CC couldn't even dream of. Super speed isn't closing that gap.

Throw around kryptonians? Punch through forcefields? Cass has done both of those (granted, the post-C versions). KK simply does them at bigger scale. Post-C Kryptonian powers should more than make up the difference.

And I do think people overestimate how dominant pre-Crisis Karate Kid was. He could and was challenged by skilled foes in melee, and although he was better, he had to work for it. He has more than his highest-end showings.

But not by all that much.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Throw around kryptonians? Punch through forcefields? Cass has done both of those (granted, the post-C versions). KK simply does them at bigger scale. Post-C Kryptonian powers should more than make up the difference.

And I do think people overestimate how dominant pre-Crisis Karate Kid was. He could and was challenged by skilled foes in melee, and although he was better, he had to work for it. He has more than his highest-end showings.

But not by all that much. So you would like to compare feats? And you realize post crisis kyrptonian doesn't equal post crisis Supes.

And yes, Superman > Superboy by a pretty wide margin.

Let me know when Superboy has sneezed away a solar system, etc.

manx422
Pre Crisis Superman

Q99

And yes, Superman > Superboy by a pretty wide margin.

Let me know when Superboy has sneezed away a solar system, etc.

But is that margin greater than the margin between a peak-human and a post-Crisis Kryptonian? That's the question here.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
But is that margin greater than the margin between a peak-human and a post-Crisis Kryptonian? That's the question here.

No it's not.

The question, that is.

AsbestosFlaygon
Mindset actually debating?
This is suprising

Q99
No it's not.

The question, that is.

A peak human can throw pre-C Superboy. If a peak human can throw pre-C Superboy, should not a post-C kryptonian easily have the physical capabilities to throw a pre-C Superman? Or is the gap between a peak-human and a post-C kryptonian significantly smaller than that between pre-C Superboy and Superman?

I would think that were KK to have post-C kryptonian stats, he could manage this fight with his arms tied behind his back.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
A peak human can throw pre-C Superboy. If a peak human can throw pre-C Superboy, should not a post-C kryptonian easily have the physical capabilities to throw a pre-C Superman? Or is the gap between a peak-human and a post-C kryptonian significantly smaller than that between pre-C Superboy and Superman?

I would think that were KK to have post-C kryptonian stats, he could manage this fight with his arms tied behind his back. KK isn't peak human, if you consider KK peak human than you definitely can't think CC is.

KK isn't CC, did you forget who was fighting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.