ion(sodam yat) vs silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cosmicjudge
ion abilities(all are fact not made up)
super strength greater than superboy prime
super speed to move at warp speeds
due to the ion entity in sodam yat his green lantern abilities are greatly magnified

silver surfer abilities
super strength
power cosmic control
warp speed travel

who wins a all out brawl.

JakeTheBank
Sodam Yat wasn't stronger than Prime, though.

Silver Surfer for the win.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sodam Yat wasn't stronger than Prime, though.

Silver Surfer for the win.

Wasn't it ions strenght ontop of his daxamite strenght that almost matched prime?

I think silver surfer wipes the floor with this unimaginative rookie. He might have the powers but doesn't do much with them as if silver surfer sees ion as a threat he will do what he needs to to put him down. My opinion anyhow

"Id"
Not hindered by the intoxication, I could see Yat train wrecking Silver Surfer in a slug fest.

Galan007
Here's Ion vs. Prime (before Ion was poisoned by the lead skewer):
http://img528.imageshack.us/i/ion1.jpg/
http://img43.imageshack.us/i/ion2i.jpg/
http://img535.imageshack.us/i/ion3.jpg/
http://img362.imageshack.us/i/ion4.jpg/

Not trying to wank the guy, but imo Yat did better then any single person had againt Prime, up to that point -- he did seem to be holding his own, after all.

...And he would have probably done even better had he actually used more of his GL powers, instead of just making it a h2h brawl.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Here's Ion vs. Prime (before Ion was poisoned by the lead skewer):
http://img528.imageshack.us/i/ion1.jpg/
http://img43.imageshack.us/i/ion2i.jpg/
http://img535.imageshack.us/i/ion3.jpg/
http://img362.imageshack.us/i/ion4.jpg/

Not trying to wank the guy, but imo Yat did better then any single person had againt Prime, up to that point -- he did seem to be holding his own, after all.

...And he would have probably done even better had he actually used more of his GL powers, instead of just making it a h2h brawl.
Agreed. This fight really goes down to how well they use their powers. If Surfer tries to just blast or even worse to melee Yat he'll go down about as quickly as he did against Thanos but if he understands Yat's weakness he can secure a comfortable win. Yat>Surfer in strength, durability, and most likely>Surfer in sheer power but Surfer's ability to create lead keeps this from being a stomp IMO.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Agreed. This fight really goes down to how well they use their powers. If Surfer tries to just blast or even worse to melee Yat he'll go down about as quickly as he did against Thanos but if he understands Yat's weakness he can secure a comfortable win. Yat>Surfer in strength, durability, and most likely>Surfer in sheer power but Surfer's ability to create lead keeps this from being a stomp IMO.

Whoa whoa whoa. he will go down as quickly as he did against thanos?l. featwise what do u think makes yat that much greater than surfer in durability,output etc.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Naija boy
Whoa whoa whoa. he will go down as quickly as he did against thanos?l. featwise what do u think makes yat that much greater than surfer in durability,output etc.
Ion doesn't really have that many feats that I know of other than his fight with Prime which was still in of itself something beyond Surfer's ability. I don't see Surfer lasting nearly that long against Prime, even granted the fact that Prime didn't seem to take the fight that seriously.

Galan007
Agreed. This fight really goes down to how well they use their powers. If Surfer tries to just blast or even worse to melee Yat he'll go down about as quickly as he did against Thanos but if he understands Yat's weakness he can secure a comfortable win. Yat>Surfer in strength, durability, and most likely>Surfer in sheer power but Surfer's ability to create lead keeps this from being a stomp IMO. Meh, Surfer isn't the h2h type anyway. Imo, he'd likely scan Yat immediately after the battle begins, see that he is deathly weak to lead, and go from there.

Ion doesn't really have that many feats that I know of other than his fight with Prime which was still in of itself something beyond Surfer's ability. I don't see Surfer lasting nearly that long against Prime, even granted the fact that Prime didn't seem to take the fight that seriously. Yat's owning of Nero was pretty impressive as well.

Naija boy
Ion doesn't really have that many feats that I know of other than his fight with Prime which was still in of itself something beyond Surfer's ability. I don't see Surfer lasting nearly that long against Prime, even granted the fact that Prime didn't seem to take the fight that seriously.

I havent read SC war in some time. but wasnt prime weakened or something in that fight? Further i think given those same circumustances a non holding back surfer could do at least as well as ion did. Surfer afterall has feats exceeding that in regards to durability and power output. I really dont see the justification in using that feat to claim that this fight ends up like surfer vs thanos at all........

"Id"
Seems to me that Yat mostly used the Ion power to blast, or amp his Daxam stats. Which makes sense, considering his encounter with Prime.

With out the lead poison, or even with it (with his GL ring to keep in check). He would have matured into a well rounded beast. A flying brick with energy vast manipulation. Oh well, no real loss he was fairly boring.

Omega Vision
I havent read SC war in some time. but wasnt prime weakened or something in that fight? Further i think given those same circumustances a non holding back surfer do at least as well as ion did. Surfer afterall has feats exceeding that in regards to durability and power output. I really dont see how u can use that feat to claim that this fight ends up like surfer vs thanos at all........
It was kinda the other way around. Halfway through the fight Yat got poisoned by lead and was fighting Prime while under considerable pain. Prime wasn't at full power IIRC but he was close enough and while I won't go so far as to say SC Prime could one-shot Surfer I will say that Surfer would be close to useless in a h/h fight against him whereas Yat held his ground even when poisoned by his equivalent of kryptonite.
shrug

Naija boy
It was kinda the other way around. Halfway through the fight Yat got poisoned by lead and was fighting Prime while under considerable pain. Prime wasn't at full power IIRC but he was close enough and while I won't go so far as to say SC Prime could one-shot Surfer I will say that Surfer would be close to useless in a h/h fight against him whereas Yat held his ground even when poisoned by his equivalent of kryptonite.
shrug

Indeed it is an impressive feat for yat going that long against prime (albeit a weakened one) while weakened by lead. But it is not out of the range of surfers durability feats at all. And while its true surfer wouldnt be able to take prime in a hand to hand fight, i dont think this fight is specifically h2h so thats not terribly relevant. That fight does not show yat being SS superior,output wise, durability wise, energy manipulation wise, speed wise etc. all of which will be very relevant in this battle. Therefore although u can make a case for him winning (a case can be made for SS winning as well) to say that this would be like SS vs Thanos is pretty farfetched.

Galan007
Meh, Surfer isn't the h2h type anyway. Imo, he'd likely scan Yat immediately after the battle begins, see that he is deathly weak to lead, and go from there.

Omega Vision
Indeed it is an impressive feat for yat going that long against prime (albeit a weakened one) while weakened by lead. But it is not out of the range of surfers durability feats at all. And while its true surfer wouldnt be able to take prime in a hand to hand fight, i dont think this fight is specifically h2h so thats not terribly relevant. That fight does not show yat being SS superior,output wise, durability wise, energy manipulation wise, speed wise etc. all of which will be very relevant in this battle. Therefore although u can make a case for him winning (a case can be made for SS winning as well) to say that this would be like SS vs Thanos is pretty farfetched.
Well in my original statement you'll see that I said it would probably end up that way if Surfer doesn't fight smart. If he does he probably takes it thanks to weakness exploitation.

"Id"
It would be difficult to attack his weakness, thanks to his shields. Weakness exploitation is not a clear path to victory.

Galan007
Originally posted by "Id"
It would be difficult to attack his weakness, thanks to his shields. Weakness exploitation is not a clear path. Yat's shields being up didn't stop Prime from impaling him with a lead pipe.

"Id"
Yat's shields being up didn't stop Prime from impaling him with a lead pipe. Well look who impaled him Mr. I run trains on your DC Heros.

Omega Vision
Yat's shields being up didn't stop Prime from impaling him with a lead pipe.
You'd think that when caught between the powerful shield of Yat's ring and under the force that Prime was applying to it the lead rod would have crumpled or broken up rather than penetrating the shield.

"Id"
You'd think that when caught between the powerful shield of Yat's ring and under the force that Prime was applying to it the lead rod would have crumpled or broken up rather than penetrating the shield. Comic book physics. mhmm

Omega Vision
Originally posted by "Id"
Comic book physics. mhmm
Apparently that means that with enough force Prime could use a Marshmallow to chisel Mount Rushmore out of solid granite.

Naija boy
Well in my original statement you'll see that I said it would probably end up that way if Surfer doesn't fight smart. If he does he probably takes it thanks to weakness exploitation.

And it was exactly that original idea which i disagreed with. In other words that there was no justification for this being described as similar,Thanos vs Surfer fight regardless of how surfer fights.......

Anyhow we seem to agree on the outcome regardless.

"Id"
Apparently that means that with enough force Prime could use a Marshmallow to chisel Mount Rushmore out of solid granite. Well you do have fictional writing where rubber gums, are used as lethal weapons.

"Id"

Parmaniac

Galan007

Omega Vision
I agree. But like I mentioned before, Surfer isn't the h2h type - he's got versatility, and he uses it.
Would you agree that without PIS (ie: fighting smart) Surfer should put up a good fight against Thanos and not go down in just a page?

Galan007
Would you agree that without PIS (ie: fighting smart) Surfer should put up a good fight against Thanos and not go down in just a page? I don't think Surfer could put up a 'good' fight, but he could certainly do better then getting taken out in a few panels by like 3 hits. Bum-rushing an opponent usually = fail.

Naija boy

chocolate_milk
DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE DIGI IS A SON OF A WHORE

quanchi112
Surfer wins this all day.

celeyhyga17
Yat
6.5/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.