Account Deactivation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PsychoFreeak
Hey. I dunno how to use this forum anymore. Can someone tell me how to deactivate my account? I made it in 2004 and I'm not interested in keeping my email address on this site.

Cheers

Bardock42
You can't deactivate the account. You can deactivate notifications I think. And after doing that never coming back and you won't have to bother with it anymore.

Rogue Jedi
pm dadudemon, he'll take care of it.

Symmetric Chaos
Ask, Raz the admin.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
pm dadudemon, he'll take care of it.

laughing laughing laughing

What, delete all information form his account, turn off all notifications, and then change his password to something he could never use or guess? laughing

Peach
We don't delete nor deactivate accounts.

Deja~vu
Disable your email so that you won't get notifications anymore then just change your password to some gobbledegook stuff that you will never remember so that you cannot log in.

Impediment
Change your pass word with a totally random code and then log out. Simple.

The Nuul
Why not just ask for a ban?

Rogue Jedi
pm Robtard, he'll take care of it.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by Peach
We don't delete nor deactivate accounts. Why not?

Peach
Originally posted by The Nuul
Why not just ask for a ban?

We don't ban by request, either.

Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
Why not?

Because we simply don't. What if someone decides they want to use their account again?

Bardock42
Well, if it is deleted they could make a new one, no?

Can global mods actually delete accounts here or can only the admin do that?

Peach
Only the admin can.

Bardock42
Only the admin can. That's what I thought.

Can one change their email address on here?

Peach
Yup. Generally it's a good idea to keep that updated, in fact stick out tongue

Bardock42
Yup. Generally it's a good idea to keep that updated, in fact stick out tongue

Well, I was just thinking if he is worried about the email being on this site he could change it to a throwaway email address and just leave.

Bicnarok
Just post some nude pictures and insult some people, that should do the job.

Galan007
We don't ban by request, either. It seems like I remember someone requesting a ban because he was 'addicted' to this site, and it was interfering with his academic life. His request was granted, iirc.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Galan007
It seems like I remember someone requesting a ban because he was 'addicted' to this site, and it was interfering with his academic life. His request was granted, iirc.

Yeah, there have been cases in the past, but some mod has stated afterwards that those requests won't be granted anymore. Not sure whether it is at the discretion of the mod or a general thing.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, there have been cases in the past, but some mod has stated afterwards that those requests won't be granted anymore. Not sure whether it is at the discretion of the mod or a general thing. Hmm, why wouldn't such a request be granted? Seems like it should be up to the user, no?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Galan007
Hmm, why wouldn't such a request be granted? Seems like it should be up to the user, no?

Because 90% of the people would end up coming back and opening another account or asking a mod to unban their account so they could post again.

Peach
Yep. It was done a few times in the past, but the consensus became that we don't ban by request anymore.

Galan007
^ Kay, makes sense.

Well PsychoFreeak, I guess you only have a few options, then...

a.) Go to edit your password, randomly smack your keyboard a few times, then click save (repeat with your e-mail address.)

b.) Do something to get perma-banned (troll, flame, bash, etc.)

*Not warranting the latter, just giving the fella possible routes to travel. biscuits

REXXXX
Said person hasn't posted since they posted that, I'm sure they got what they wanted.

degi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Can global mods actually delete accounts here or can only the admin do that?

Only the admin can.

so profiles can be deleted?

REXXXX
Yes, but he won't.

degi
Any news on this? Are we still not able to delete our accounts here?

Peach
No.

What's so hard about just changing your password and logging out?

degi
It's a basic option that is available everywhere else. But thanks for the info.

Impediment
Before you resurrected this two year old thread, your last post was, in fact, two years ago.

Why even ask to deactivate your account when you were inactive for so long? That's just inane.

Raz
Sorry there is no "official" way to de-activate your account.

The current recommended way is to change your password to a random one and log out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.