Beta Ray Bill vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Bill see supes as someone who aided in destroying his homeworld.

carver9
this is for kg but when I say this I'm not saying
this because you think I hate superman (even though
I dont dislike him) but honestly, how could supes win
this fight when high heralds is being treated like kids
against beta ray.

kgkg
Originally posted by carver9
this is for kg but when I say this I'm not saying
this because you think I hate superman (even though
I dont dislike him) but honestly, how could supes win
this fight when high heralds is being treated like kids
against beta ray. Who did he treat like kids? Are you referring to his recent fight with Stardust? He had the upper hand sure but he hardly treated him like a kid. Startdust said that something like BRB could hurt him or slay him planet exploded and BFR left. Are you really asking how Superman can win -.-

Kris Blaze
Carver is an idiot.

Originally posted by kgkg
Who did he treat like kids? Are you referring to his recent fight with Stardust? He had the upper hand sure but he hardly treated him like a kid.

And just like their last fight ended, BRB knows that he can't beat Stardust.

carver9
Who did he treat like kids? Are you referring to his recent fight with Stardust? He had the upper hand sure but he hardly treated him like a kid. Startdust said that something like BRB could hurt him or slay him planet exploded and BFR left. Are you really asking how Superman can win -.-

I know how superman can win, by out fighting his opponent but thats not what going to happen here since beta is as skilled as superman is at fighting and basically is far more powerful and blows possess far more impact than supes.

Hell, 1/3rd of the things that Beta has done to stardust would kill supes and its a huge possiblity that supes could be put in a situation like stardust or the trans level being (forgot her name but she was mentioned as a universal destroyer) that beta defeated easily which would lead to an automatic loss.

The reason I put him against supes is because supes is one of the best brawlers and he is one of the top guns that is basically hard to defeat due to his will power and I wanted to know how other people seen bill against him even though I give bill a 8/10.

carver9
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Carver is an idiot.

And just like their last fight ended, BRB knows that he can't beat Stardust.

No one can beat stardust physically but he was knocked the f*** out in all of there fights.

Kris Blaze
No one can beat stardust physically but he was knocked the f*** out in all of there fights.

No...BRB was actually unconscious, unlike Stardust.

carver9
No...BRB was actually unconscious, unlike Stardust.

Are you referring to that galactus attack when he thunderclapped both of them?

By the way, you bringing that up is pointless since beta was in the heart of a sun and survived a supernova and flew out of it like it was nothing.

Private Pion

By the way, you bringing that up is pointless since beta was in the heart of a sun and survived a supernova and flew out of it like it was nothing.

All of which things that Superman has done and outclassed.

Kris Blaze
Are you referring to that galactus attack when he thunderclapped both of them?

It's not pointless.

Retard Carver: STARDUST WAS KNOCKED THE **** OUT

Actual events: Stardust was never unconscious, BRB was knocked out.

Retard Carver: THAT IS POINTLESS

Me: You stupid ****.

carver9
Originally posted by Private Pion
All of which things that Superman has done and outclassed.

Superman was koed when a sun went supernova, what are you talking about. confused

carver9
It's not pointless.

Retard Carver: STARDUST WAS KNOCKED THE **** OUT

Actual events: Stardust was never unconscious, BRB was knocked out.

Retard Carver: THAT IS POINTLESS

Me: You stupid ****.

Its pointless debating with you. Why do I try when half of your post is nothing but insults. confused

Kris Blaze
Its pointless debating with you. Why do I try when half of your post is nothing but insults. confused

Easy to retreat there when your comments are full of lies and little more.

Yesterday you were stupid enough to claim that BRB one-shotted fenris, when it took him a number of 8 hits. And you COULD ACTUALLY SEE THE PUNCHES on the page.

Now you claimed that Stardust got knocked out, when it was in fact BRB.

carver9

Yesterday you were stupid enough to claim that BRB one-shotted fenris, when it took him a number of 8 hits. And you COULD ACTUALLY SEE THE PUNCHES on the page.

I didnt debate anything about beta ray bill yesterday, are you drunk?

The only reason I'm backing out with you is because again, its pointless debating with someone that takes this so seriously. Its just debating, nothing more, nothing less, and you tend to insult people throughout the times you're debating.

If you dont like what the person said, move on, ignore it and comment on someone else post but I didnt debate anything yesterday on beta ray bill and if so, please show proof.

Ouallada
Beta ray scored nothing more than a moral victory against Stardust in their most recent encounter. He still remains incapable of inflicting any lasting damage on Stardust, and I don't think any logical person would say otherwise.

Superman would take this, but Beta Ray would take a few.

Nihilist
Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by Ouallada
Beta ray scored nothing more than a moral victory against Stardust in their most recent encounter. He still remains incapable of inflicting any lasting damage on Stardust, and I don't think any logical person would say otherwise.

Superman would take this, but Beta Ray would take a few.

Do you think supes could put any lasting damage on stardust because if you're answer is no then your entire post was pointless.

How is supes taking this from someone that is more powerful, packs planet destroyng hits and has one shot tools that would kill him.

Raoul
Originally posted by Nihilist
Superman.

Ouallada
Do you think supes could put any lasting damage on stardust because if you're answer is no then your entire post was pointless.

How is supes taking this from someone that is more powerful, packs planet destroyng hits and has one shot tools that would kill him.

I don't think Superman matches up well with Stardust either, but that is not my point. Making lazy statements like:

is at best laughable and at worst pathetic. Simply illustrated with an example, if Thanos did not have the durability to wade through Odin's blast, would he have attempted a different approach? You bet. How Stardust acts in a fight against Bill (takes all the aforementioned physical blows) is no reflection on how Superman would perform against Bill, simply because Stardust CAN afford to take those hits and laugh them off.

Superman takes this not because he would do better against Stardust, but because he is simply a better physical combatant than almost, if not all herald level combatants out there.

guy222
BRB

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Raoul

Your avatar makes all of your comments have a slight degree of smugness. Maybe its just me and the fact that I add a voice to everyone depending on how their avatar looks.

carver9
I don't think Superman matches up well with Stardust either, but that is not my point. Making lazy statements like:

is at best laughable and at worst pathetic. Simply illustrated with an example, if Thanos did not have the durability to wade through Odin's blast, would he have attempted a different approach? You bet. How Stardust acts in a fight against Bill (takes all the aforementioned physical blows) is no reflection on how Superman would perform against Bill, simply because Stardust CAN afford to take those hits and laugh them off.

Superman takes this not because he would do better against Stardust, but because he is simply a better physical combatant than almost, if not all herald level combatants out there.

Stardust was sent to stop bill but failed. confused

Star dust was also koed by bill. confused

I dont get your post

kgkg
Originally posted by carver9 Stardust was sent to stop bill but failed. confused The planet exploded. There is nothing Stardust could have done to prevent that failure. I don't see how that shows BRB won that fight. BRB's goal was to destory the planet so Galactus could not feed he left after he finished this task.

Originally posted by carver9 Star dust was also koed by bill. confused No he wasn't. Stardust even said that BRB can't slay him where did you see a K.O'ed Stardust?

Ouallada
Stardust was sent to stop bill but failed. confused

Star dust was also koed by bill. confused

I dont get your post

Hence the moral victory.

None so blind as those who will not see.

Cows don't get Beethoven.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Your avatar makes all of your comments have a slight degree of smugness. Maybe its just me and the fact that I add a voice to everyone depending on how their avatar looks.

That's probably why everyone sees me as the cocky *******.

Probably..

UniOmni
Bill takes it.

Comparable durability, hammer nullifies hv(best weapon) comparable strength and just more anger to draw on.

Superman would take a few due to his speed.

Private Pion
Superman was koed when a sun went supernova, what are you talking about. confused

Yes, but he's also ignored super novas, been in galaxy destroying blasts, been at the centre of stars collapsing into black holes...

Highest showings win.

carver9
The planet exploded. There is nothing Stardust could have done to prevent that failure. I don't see how that shows BRB won that fight. BRB's goal was to destory the planet so Galactus could not feed he left after he finished this task.

No he wasn't. Stardust even said that BRB can't slay him where did you see a K.O'ed Stardust?

This doesnt look like a ko to you.
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/624/stormbreaker0310im9.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2950/stormbreaker0311dg1.jpg

What about this
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3527/img022k.jpg

carver9
Here goes that tanaraq fight.

http://g.imagehost.org/view/0840/OmegaFlight_5_0004
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0504/OmegaFlight_5_0005
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0907/OmegaFlight_5_0006

carver9
Originally posted by Private Pion
Yes, but he's also ignored super novas, been in galaxy destroying blasts, been at the centre of stars collapsing into black holes...

Highest showings win.

Recent showings puts supermans durability far below beta rays

Raoul
Recent showings puts supermans durability far below beta rays

recent showings don't contradict older ones unless there's a consistent set of feats across books.

carver9
recent showings don't contradict older ones unless there's a consistent set of feats across books.

Why doesnt it? We do go by on panel proof right?

Ouallada
This doesnt look like a ko to you.
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/624/stormbreaker0310im9.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2950/stormbreaker0311dg1.jpg

What about this
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3527/img022k.jpg

Seems like clutching at straws to me.

Still, a battle against Stardust is entirely different from a battle with Superman.

^ Recent feats only count more if there is a salient event that actually acts as a retcon of sorts. IE Stranges depowering, DC's crisis etc. Otherwise, an average still applies. Otherwise, SS' stock would have fallen pretty low after a certain hammerlock.

Raoul
Why doesnt it? We do go by on panel proof right?

Yes. CONSISTENT on panel proof. it's how we get an idea of a character's average level.

Badabing
Why doesnt it? We do go by on panel proof right? facepalm Carver....are you new here?
Yes. CONSISTENT on panel proof. it's how we get an idea of a character's average level.

carver9

I agree but some of the things that you all use as proof is basically, DEBATABLE.

How about this, show me superman surviving a super nova (already know what scan you're going to use) and I'll tell you why its debatable.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
facepalm Carver....are you new here?

I agree but his recent showings against his durability has happened so much that you can basically call it consistent.

carver9
Seems like clutching at straws to me.

Still, a battle against Stardust is entirely different from a battle with Superman.

^ Recent feats only count more if there is a salient event that actually acts as a retcon of sorts. IE Stranges depowering, DC's crisis etc. Otherwise, an average still applies. Otherwise, SS' stock would have fallen pretty low after a certain hammerlock.

Not clutching straws, its right there in front of your face, he was knocked out twice. You dont want to accept the fact that you were wrong.

Badabing
I agree but his recent showings against his durability has happened so much that you can basically call it consistent. There's only one constant in comics...Batman pwns! sneer

stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
There's only one constant in comics...Batman pwns! sneer

stick out tongue

LOL

Raoul
I agree but some of the things that you all use as proof is basically, DEBATABLE.

How about this, show me superman surviving a super nova (already know what scan you're going to use) and I'll tell you why its debatable.

he survived a supernova AND a planet exploding. he has other durability feats too, like the black hole and such.

I agree but his recent showings against his durability has happened so much that you can basically call it consistent.

if its ONLY in JLA then it's not consistent for superman, just superman in JLA.

carver9
he survived a supernova AND a planet exploding. he has other durability feats too, like the black hole and such.

if its ONLY in JLA then it's not consistent for superman, just superman in JLA.

Got a question, why do you use high end feats that happens in the jla (wheels of mag, holding black hole) but low showings that happen in the jla you throw them out of the windown? confused

Raoul
Got a question, why do you use high end feats that happens in the jla (wheels of mag, holding black hole) but low showings that happen in the jla you throw them out of the windown? confused

two entirely different books, first of all. one is JLA v3, written by Grant Morrison. One if JLA v4, only partially written by McDuffie.

McDuffie made it a point to make Superman look as bad as possible, as far back as his first issue on the book. It wasn't consistent with the solo books. Mageddon was.

carver9
two entirely different books, first of all. one is JLA v3, written by Grant Morrison. One if JLA v4, only partially written by McDuffie.

McDuffie made it a point to make Superman look as bad as possible, as far back as his first issue on the book. It wasn't consistent with the solo books. Mageddon was.

You dont think that mcduffie is writing the character where he should be at? This is post crisis superman; some of the things that he was pulling was crazy and out of character.

Raoul
You dont think that mcduffie is writing the character where he should be at? This is post crisis superman; some of the things that he was pulling was crazy and out of character.

mcduffie has consistently written him out of character. he hasn't written him in any way consistent with the other books Superman stars in.

Ouallada
Not clutching straws, its right there in front of your face, he was knocked out twice. You dont want to accept the fact that you were wrong.

Ah, I see. It's time for the "I'm right, and so visionary that I'm the only one who sees the scans that way.".

Stardust very obviously wasn't KOed in their first fight. The second fight is a stretch at best, as Stardust has never been incapacitated by physical force before. Seems to me like Beta Ray momentarily stunned Stardust before scooting away. You're free to show me otherwise, though.

carver9
Ah, I see. It's time for the "I'm right, and so visionary that I'm the only one who sees the scans that way.".

Stardust very obviously wasn't KOed in their first fight. The second fight is a stretch at best, as Stardust has never been incapacitated by physical force before. Seems to me like Beta Ray momentarily stunned Stardust before scooting away. You're free to show me otherwise, though.

I dont have to show you anything because its right there in front of your face, stardust was koed TWICE and then got back up a couple of minutes later.

The second scan, star dust wasnt even moving.

carver9
mcduffie has consistently written him out of character. he hasn't written him in any way consistent with the other books Superman stars in.

the stories that mcduffie is putting together is nice and he's making superman an even more interesting character and is writing him at his power level. Superman is still powerful, he's just not as powerful as a lot of people wants him to be.

Raoul
the stories that mcduffie is putting together is nice and he's making superman an even more interesting character and is writing him at his power level. Superman is still powerful, he's just not as powerful as a lot of people wants him to be.

are you serious?

he's lowballed him the entire time, and his writing of the actual character has been abysmal. him and diana fighting over who's faster? that kind of bs would never happen in a well written comic.

carver9
are you serious?

he's lowballed him the entire time, and his writing of the actual character has been abysmal. him and diana fighting over who's faster? that kind of bs would never happen in a well written comic.

Supes and diana speed has always been a mystery (who faster), that page actually helped us. Just because diana is faster than you doesnt mean you're weak.

Spire

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/jllol.jpg

Ouallada
I dont have to show you anything because its right there in front of your face, stardust was koed TWICE and then got back up a couple of minutes later.

The second scan, star dust wasnt even moving.

Nonsense. A possible argument for a KO/TKO would have been what Hulk did to Thor, where Thor was shown to be incapacitated on panel as Hulk beat his head in and walked away. Those scans are obviously nowhere near the level of certainty which you claim. The fact that Stardust not only returned, but immediately created a black hole shows you exactly what effects Bill's physical force had.

A conclusion based on a single inconclusive panel, as well as a wing and a prayer.

Raoul
Supes and diana speed has always been a mystery (who faster), that page actually helped us. Just because diana is faster than you doesnt mean you're weak.

facepalm

them talking about it at all is out of character.

it didn't help anyone, because other writers are going to flat out ignore it.

carver9
facepalm

them talking about it at all is out of character.

it didn't help anyone, because other writers are going to flat out ignore it.

Now I agree with this, it was out of character but I think mcduffie did that to basically show where everyone stands at against supes powerwise.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Spire
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/jllol.jpg

laughing

carver9
Nonsense. A possible argument for a KO/TKO would have been what Hulk did to Thor, where Thor was shown to be incapacitated on panel as Hulk beat his head in and walked away. Those scans are obviously nowhere near the level of certainty which you claim. The fact that Stardust not only returned, but immediately created a black hole shows you exactly what effects Bill's physical force had.

A conclusion based on a single inconclusive panel, as well as a wing and a prayer.

I give up with you. Take the scans like you want.

Harbinger
^ That smiley.

Raoul
Now I agree with this, it was out of character but I think mcduffie did that to basically show where everyone stands at against supes powerwise.

no, it's where he thinks people stand. the man doesn't have half the credibility at DC that the likes of Johns or Morrison have...

Enyalus
McDuffie made it a point to make Superman look as bad as possible,
McDuffie's had him pull the entire Earth, confirm that he can go FTL, imply that he thoroughly outclassed Icon, and waaay before that had him tanking a red solar radiation blast from a nebula-sized Sun Eater while carrying an Entropy Bomb.

no expression

His dialogue was stupid. I think McDuffie likes Superman, he doesn't want to make him look bad. The WW/Supes superspeed argument was a WTF moment.

JakeTheBank
no, it's where he thinks people stand. the man doesn't have half the credibility at DC that the likes of Johns or Morrison have...

thumb up

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
McDuffie's had him pull the entire Earth, confirm that he can go FTL, imply that he thoroughly outclassed Icon, and waaay before that had him tanking a red solar radiation blast from a nebula-sized Sun Eater while carrying an Entropy Bomb.

no expression

His dialogue was stupid. I think McDuffie likes Superman, he doesn't want to make him look bad. The WW/Supes superspeed argument was a WTF moment.

mcduffie didn't write the earth pulling feat.

also, i didnt get the impression he outclassed icon.

also, we don't tend to speak of that action feat, because we can't understand what the f*ck happened to him between that and his stint on jla.

Enyalus
mcduffie didn't write the earth pulling feat.
embarrasment Oh...I didn't check the writer. I knew it was JLA, and figured it was McDuffie.

also, i didnt get the impression he outclassed icon.
Didn't Icon hit him as hard as he could, and admitted to Superman that it hurt his hand?

also, we don't tend to speak of that action feat, because we can't understand what the f*ck happened to him between that and his stint on jla.
Haha. He got a chance to write the Surfer. wink

Raoul

embarrasment Oh...I didn't check the writer. I knew it was JLA, and figured it was McDuffie.

Didn't Icon hit him as hard as he could, and admitted to Superman that it hurt his hand?

Haha. He got a chance to write the Surfer. wink

Superman says "it's about the hardest i've ever been hit. how's your hand?"

Icon says "it's already healed."

yeah, really outclassed stick out tongue

ugh. no more talk about THAT series of F4...

Enyalus
Okay. lol.

I'll hold off giving my opinion of who wins for another month, when BRB kicks Surfer's ass.

Superman/Classic Thor should be pretty close. Right now BRB isn't holding much back, unlike Thor. So this would be a good fight, too.

carver9
If beta ray bill runs through surfer like he did star dust then this would basically be a none fight.

Spire
none fight FTL.

zeel
good fight either combatant is more then capable of defeating the other under unbias circumstances. This fight goes either way.

Enyalus
Here goes that tanaraq fight.

http://g.imagehost.org/view/0840/OmegaFlight_5_0004
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0504/OmegaFlight_5_0005
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0907/OmegaFlight_5_0006
Isn't Tanaraq skyfather level? One of the Great Beasts, or whatever?

carver9
Isn't Tanaraq skyfather level? One of the Great Beasts, or whatever?

Yep

james2099
BRB due to his power set.

batdude123
Superman due to his power set.

james2099
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman due to his power set. Superman is nowhere near a powerful as BRB..... That hammer makes superman look like crap.

batdude123
Originally posted by james2099
Superman is nowhere near a powerful as BRB..... That hammer makes superman look like crap.

laughing

Allankles
Superman is nowhere near a powerful as BRB..... That hammer makes superman look like crap.

BRB needs the hammer to hang with Supes, it equalizes things for BRB it doesn't tip the scales. erm

Mindset
Superman is nowhere near a powerful as BRB..... That hammer makes superman look like crap. thumb up

Don't listen to these DC nerds.

Kris Blaze

facepalm

As much as I'd like to think that Superman can't compete with BRB and Classic Thor, he can.

Raoul

laughing

xJLxKing
In my opinion, Superman can take BRB but not just using his punches. He better be fighting smart using his techniques, HV, breath, and other powers to win, otherwise he loses

Philosophía
Punching hard and fast is really all he would need to do here.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by xJLxKing
In my opinion, Superman can take BRB but not just using his punches. He better be fighting smart using his techniques, HV, breath, and other powers to win, otherwise he loses

If we're going to assume that Superman would fight smart, then we're going to have to assume that BRB fights smart. In which case Superman would be in trouble.

xJLxKing
If we're going to assume that Superman would fight smart, then we're going to have to assume that BRB fights smart. In which case Superman would be in trouble.
Who usually fight smart against strong opponents? Superman or BRB? Superman just defeat someone who has the same powers like him. He beat easily by fighting....smart.

Kris Blaze
Who usually fight smart against strong opponents? Superman or BRB? Superman just defeat someone who has the same powers like him. He beat easily by fighting....smart.

Are you referring to New World of Krypton? Because the amount of skill he displayed there isn't really that impressive. If a regular human being takes out another using skill it's not that big a deal. Neither is it when Superman does it.

Kryptonians' bodies are also much, much more limited than BRB's or Thor's bodies. Thor who can press on without an arm, an eye or when all the tendons in his bodies are ripped. Their godly status and BRB's android physique allows them to press on past injuries that would've felled someone with similar durability.

Fighting smart for superman is using some of his incredible super-duper martial arts or vibrating. Fighting smart for BRB would mean ending Superman's life by raising his hammer :/

xJLxKing
Are you referring to New World of Krypton? Because the amount of skill he displayed there isn't really that impressive. If a regular human being takes out another using skill it's not that big a deal. Neither is it when Superman does it.

Kryptonians' bodies are also much, much more limited than BRB's or Thor's bodies. Thor who can press on without an arm, an eye or when all the tendons in his bodies are ripped. Their godly status and BRB's android physique allows them to press on past injuries that would've felled someone with similar durability.

Fighting smart for superman is using some of his incredible super-duper martial arts or vibrating. Fighting smart for BRB would mean ending Superman's life by raising his hammer :/ I seriously think you are underestimating Superman's will here. He has the strongest will from anyone other there. Like I said, if he fights smart, like he did! Like he fights smart against Bizzaro, or anyone else that is on his level.

If Superman fight smart like in NWOK(yes I was talking about that), or how he fought DD then he should win a Majority. If he fight like he did against Imperiex, then he wins easier.

Kris Blaze
I seriously think you are underestimating Superman's will here. He has the strongest will from anyone other there. Like I said, if he fights smart, like he did! Like he fights smart against Bizzaro, or anyone else that is on his level.

If Superman fight smart like in NWOK(yes I was talking about that), or how he fought DD then he should win a Majority. If he fight like he did against Imperiex, then he wins easier.

facepalm

If Superman uses the incredible icebreath and fist-punch at the same time? That was some real nice stuff there, not quite on the same level as absorbing someone's life force though. It's not that difficult for BRB to absorb things, he just needs to raise his hammer like he did against Ego or Stardust.

xJLxKing
facepalm

If Superman uses the incredible icebreath and fist-punch at the same time? That was some real nice stuff there, not quite on the same level as absorbing someone's life force though. It's not that difficult for BRB to absorb things, he just needs to raise his hammer like he did against Ego or Stardust.
I never said BRB can't absorb it, but you are thinking if he can absorb it on time. Superman is a better fighter, and is faster(imo). He can seriously do a number on BRB using those. That;s just my opinion, you don't have to agree. I don't care.

batdude123
Superman wins.

Kris Blaze
Superman wins.

ahah

zeel
Superman due to his power set.

There is no powerset with supes. hes a brawler, bill can brawl has a wepon and other abilities. Bill is just more versital then supes. However supes can still win this.

kgkg
Originally posted by zeel
However supes "will" still win this.

zeel
Originally posted by Allankles
BRB needs the hammer to hang with Supes, it equalizes things for BRB it doesn't tip the scales. erm

with the hammer it favors bill with out it,it favors supes. Its that simple.

Spire
Lol.

Kris Blaze
with the hammer it favors bill with out it,it favors supes. Its that simple.

You overestimate BRB's ability to fight without Stormbreaker.

psycho gundam
he whooped thor's ass without it

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he whooped thor's ass without it

Are you stupid or what?

They fought in an enviroment which supposedly favoured BRB's android physique.

uhuh

psycho gundam
he still triumphed, and i'd like to credit his need to exact revenge on surtur a bigger reason why he won than the heat thing.

quanchi112
Beta Ray Bill wins this.

Kris Blaze
he still triumphed, and i'd like to credit his need to exact revenge on surtur a bigger reason why he won than the heat thing.

What you fail to realize is that heat doesn't really have any effect on Thor.

Hence why that particular issue was stupid.

psycho gundam
i'm talking about bill's debut issue where he beat thor aboard skuttlebutt, bill won that before odin decreed there be a fair contest.

Kris Blaze
i'm talking about bill's debut issue where he beat thor aboard skuttlebutt, bill won that before odin decreed there be a fair contest.

True that.

Bill won that fight.

psycho gundam
when thor was in warrior madness though, the true separation of power between an actual asgardian god and a being hosting one was shown.

Kris Blaze
when thor was in warrior madness though, the true separation of power between an actual asgardian god and a being hosting one was shown.

Actually, I reread their first bout.

The only reason why BRB won was because Skuttlebutt moved into Earth's atmosphere and Thor was returned to Blake.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_V1337_p12.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_V1337_p15.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_V1337_p16.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_V1337_p17.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_V1337_p18.jpg

JakeTheBank
So Thor is only limited by the Blake weakness while near Earth/Midgard?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So Thor is only limited by the Blake weakness while near Earth/Midgard?

Yes.

JakeTheBank
Cool, did not know that.

thumb up

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Cool, did not know that.

thumb up

And I did not know that Digi had a crush on me.

We learn something new every day smile

The Pict

laughing out loud

Carver does stuff like that all the time.

Kris Blaze
Their second fight ended in a stalemate. BRB awoke quicker and was determined the winner by Odin.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_338-15.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_338-16.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_338-19.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_338-20.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_338-21.jpg

psycho gundam
bill only got up since heat gives korbanites a boost in stamina.

you're right about their first bout, it was odin's enchantment that screwed thor over. and odin screwed him again by giving bill the home field advantage the second go around.

id369

batosaimsx7
Superman easy
Bill may have magic but he doesnt have the strenght or speed to keep up

Warlord
Bill slight majority

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by batosaimsx7
Superman easy

Bill has no trouble seeing things that move at lightspeed....

KuRuPT Thanosi

KuRuPT Thanosi
facepalm

As much as I'd like to think that Superman can't compete with BRB and Classic Thor, he can.

I agree. Really powerset wise without CIS it's tough to see how he can. Then I realize who the Golden Boy of DC is and just go meh

Spire
Superman breaks Bill's leg.

He never recovers.

carver9
Superman easy

Please dont make me post some recent speed feats from bill. confused

carver9
I seriously think you are underestimating Superman's will here. He has the strongest will from anyone other there. Like I said, if he fights smart, like he did! Like he fights smart against Bizzaro, or anyone else that is on his level.

True statement, theres no one even close to being supes equal when it comes to will power, thats why its very easy to put him in a fight against anyone but due to bills overrall power I give him a huge edge in this fight. 7 or 8/10

Again, I made this to get other people opinions.

Enyalus
True statement, theres no one even close to being supes equal when it comes to will power
You could make very convincing arguments for Doom's will, Thor's will, Hal's will, and even Kyle's will being greater than Supes.

carver9
You could make very convincing arguments for Doom's will, Thor's will, Hal's will, and even Kyle's will being greater than Supes.

Naah, dooms will is kind of different than supes, doom is just arrogant as hell and just want ultimate power.

Thor thinks he's unbeatable and basically brags throughout his fights. I just think he's more of a hot head instead of having will even close to supes. Hal or Kyle, naah, I disagree entirely with that statement, I dont think they're close to supes in that department. Some of the things supes has been through, I dont think kyle or hal would make it.

d3str0ya10
Yeah and doom wants some ultimate powers too.

Enyalus
Naah, dooms will is kind of different than supes, doom is just arrogant as hell and just want ultimate power.

Thor thinks he's unbeatable and basically brags throughout his fights. I just think he's more of a hot head instead of having will even close to supes.
What does arrogance and bragging have to do with will power?

Thor's taken on skyfathers without Mjolnir and vastly weakened. He's survived for more than a week when he had a magical illness that should have killed him in a few minutes. On sheer willpower.

Doom's survived having his body ripped apart by the Beyonder's power and fought off an amped Purple Man's pheromones before. On willpower alone.

zeel
You overestimate BRB's ability to fight without Stormbreaker.

there is no way bill beats supes unarmed.

not happening. no

d3str0ya10
Yeah and its not happening too. raver

Enyalus
there is no way bill beats supes unarmed.

not happening. no
You understand the word 'overestimate', yes?

Juntai
You could make very convincing arguments for Doom's will, Thor's will, Hal's will, and even Kyle's will being greater than Supes. You could make arguments I suppose.
Any of them have a greater showing than the Emperor Joker arc?
Reality was re-written to it's core, and only Superman through sheer willpower knew the difference, and kept fighting it, night after night.

Kris Blaze
Thor thinks he's unbeatable and basically brags throughout his fights. I just think he's more of a hot head instead of having will even close to supes.

The for the first time in history, you've overestimated Superman.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juntai
Any of them have a greater showing than the Emperor Joker arc?
Reality was re-written to it's core, and only Superman through sheer willpower knew the difference, and kept fighting it, night after night.
Wolverine's done that. So has Thor. So has Genis-Vell. So has SS. stick out tongue

Meh.

They're around the same level, in will, is the point I was attempting to make.

Kris Blaze
Wolverine's done that. So has Thor. So has Genis-Vell. So has SS. stick out tongue

Meh.

They're around the same level, in will, is the point I was attempting to make.

Yeah, I remember quite a few peolpe remember what happened in HoM. But that's not the same at all though. I mean, it just isn't DC.

d3str0ya10
Yeah and their around the same level too.

Enyalus
Yeah, I remember quite a few peolpe remember what happened in HoM. But that's not the same at all though. I mean, it just isn't DC.

...You want in on paying off someone to find and 'get rid of' Destroya?

carver9
What does arrogance and bragging have to do with will power?

Thor's taken on skyfathers without Mjolnir and vastly weakened. He's survived for more than a week when he had a magical illness that should have killed him in a few minutes. On sheer willpower.

Doom's survived having his body ripped apart by the Beyonder's power and fought off an amped Purple Man's pheromones before. On willpower alone.

Arrogance have a lot to do with it sometimes, depending on the person and thor is as arrogant as you can get and dont believe in losing. His arrogance comes into play more than his will power. Thor just doesnt like to lose.

By the way, everything that you named, do you honestly want to compare that to what supes goes through and fight against on a daily basis. confused Just no.

Kris Blaze
Arrogance have a lot to do with it sometimes, depending on the person and thor is as arrogant as you can get and dont believe in losing. His arrogance comes into play more than his will power. Thor just doesnt like to lose.

That's pretty wrong.

Enyalus
By the way, everything that you named, do you honestly want to compare that to what supes goes through and fight against on a daily basis. confused Just no.
Superman fighting off 4-5 Gogs at the same time after being weakened from k-nite poisoning and a heart attack impressed me a lot.

But again, Thor has similar feats. So do several other characters.

Kris Blaze
Superman fighting off 4-5 Gogs at the same time after being weakened from k-nite poisoning and a heart attack impressed me a lot.

Those Gogs were also pretty weak compared to the later versions we saw. They became fodder, like Kryptonians.

carver9

The fact that superman didnt kill himself yet shows complete will power. He almost killed batman (max lord saga), he's responsible for batman getting his powers, almost killing nightwing with it (batman superman). He was responsible for the kidnapping that was going on throughout metropolis, millions of people (man of tomorrow).

Supermans life is complete will power, hell the entire imperex saga was due to what he did to an imperex probe. He was responsible for every life that was taken.

IMO, supes will power>>>>>>>thor; its not even comparable. Thor has some amazing will power showings but again, its nothing comparable to what supes goes through. Supes being alive is WILL beyond itself, the man has the weight of the whole world on his back.

d3str0ya10
"Those Gogs were also pretty weak compared to the later versions we saw. They became fodder, like Kryptonians."

Your mom was pretty weak.
She was PW class 3
LMAO JP

Enyalus
The fact that superman didnt kill himself yet shows complete will power. He almost killed batman (max lord saga), he's responsible for batman getting his powers, almost killing nightwing with it (batman superman). He was responsible for the kidnapping that was going on throughout metropolis, millions of people (man of tomorrow).

Supermans life is complete will power, hell the entire imperex saga was due to what he did to an imperex probe. He was responsible for every life that was taken.

no expression I'm...not seeing the correlation to willpower, but, I'm just gonna let this go, okay? stick out tongue

carver9
no expression I'm...not seeing the correlation to willpower, but, I'm just gonna let this go, okay? stick out tongue

LOL, alrighty, I guess I'm using will wrong or me and you just having different opinions on will power.

d3str0ya10
Exactly

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by d3str0ya10
"Those Gogs were also pretty weak compared to the later versions we saw. They became fodder, like Kryptonians."

She was PW class 3
LMAO JP

facepalm

carver9
facepalm

I guess he's drunk like I am, thats why he's saying stupid shit.. Happy Dance

Raoul
Kyle's will being greater than Supes.

GTFO. uhuh

batosaimsx7
Supes wins

BRB has magic but not the speed to keep up with Supes

Raoul
Those Gogs were also pretty weak compared to the later versions we saw. They became fodder, like Kryptonians.

they weren't that weak. just one of them was enough to hold off both superman AND superboy.

inverse ninja syndrome and all, their stats don't fall, imo.

Originally posted by d3str0ya10

She was PW class 3
LMAO JP

stop.

Enyalus
they weren't that weak. just one of them was enough to hold off both superman AND superboy.

Superboy was a non-factor, considering he got his ass completely handled by Gog before Superman arrived. Then Superman proceeded to kick Gog's ass, until he got hit with the staff. Superman >> Gog >> Superboy in the hierarchy.

Raoul
Superboy was a non-factor, considering he got his ass completely handled by Gog before Superman arrived. Then Superman proceeded to kick Gog's ass, until he got hit with the staff. Superman >> Gog >> Superboy in the hierarchy.

i agree with the heirarchy, but i don't think the fight was that cut and dry.

also, beating superboy isn't exactly a low feat given some of the people he's gone up against...

carver9
Supes wins

he's fast enough, trust me.

snyper1982
I didnt debate anything about beta ray bill yesterday, are you drunk?

The only reason I'm backing out with you is because again, its pointless debating with someone that takes this so seriously. Its just debating, nothing more, nothing less, and you tend to insult people throughout the times you're debating.

If you dont like what the person said, move on, ignore it and comment on someone else post but I didnt debate anything yesterday on beta ray bill and if so, please show proof.

I thought you were told not to post in anymore superman threads?

id369
Supes wins

He most certainly can keep up with supes. He had no problem perceiving object flying at multiple speeds of light.

Philosophía
Superman takes Beta Ray Bill down in the first nanosecond of the battle with ease. He then punches him across the solar system for the lulz.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>