DC Trinity vs Marvel Trinity with a twist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
DC Trinity:
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman

Marvel Trinity:
Thor
Captain America
Iron Man

The twist it...its a gauntlet race. They can take as much time as they want in between fights to rest and make a strategy but the clock is always ticking because its about which team can clear their gauntlet (if they can clear it) the fastest. Here are the Gauntlets:

DC's Gauntlet:
1. Wrecking Crew

2. Circe

3. Classic Juggernaut

4. Dark X-Men

5. Mongul with Rings

6. Darkseid (non Jobbing)

Marvel's Gauntlet:
1. Flash Rogues

2. Loki

3. Genocide

4. Fatal Five

5. V&V Despero

6. Cyborg Superman with Rings

khazra
Is that including prep?

CosmicComet
Iron Man, part of the Marvel trinity? Stark is too much of a douche bag character to be made that important.

Marvel trinity is Spidey, Logan and Hulk(or maybe Cap).

Omega Vision
Originally posted by khazra
Is that including prep?
It says 'make a strategy' so yeah. No limits to their prep or rest time but the clock is ticking and speed is the key since this is a race.

khazra
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Iron Man, part of the Marvel trinity? Stark is too much of a douche bag character to be made that important.

Marvel trinity is Spidey, Logan and Hulk(or maybe Cap).

Marvel trinity is cap, iron-man & thor, thats not debateable. They are the 3 core avengers.

CosmicComet
Marvel trinity is cap, iron-man & thor, thats not debateable. They are the 3 core avengers.

Yes it is debatable. In terms of popularity/visibility, none of them other than maybe Cap, are on par with Spiderman, Wolverine or Hulk.

Omega Vision
Yeah I base it on timelessness not popularity.
Three core JLA vs three core Avengers.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yes it is debatable. In terms of popularity/visibility, none of them other than maybe Cap, are on par with Spiderman, Wolverine or Hulk.
Actually right now thanks to his movie and the TV show I'd say Iron Man rivals or even exceeds Hulk in popularity.

CosmicComet
Fair enough, I was just saying my piece. Don't have an opinion on the thread itself. *exits*

edit: Iron Man in no way exceeds Hulk's popularity. No way. *exits again*

khazra
Popularity isnt what makes the trinity the trinity. Otherwise DC wouldnt even be a trinity (batman & supes are so much more popular than diana it's untrue).

If prep's allowed than superman whizzes to diana's armory and picks up the gauntlets & sandals and clears the gauntlet stupidly quickly.

Omega Vision
Popularity isnt what makes the trinity the trinity. Otherwise DC wouldnt even be a trinity (batman & supes are so much more popular than diana it's untrue).

If prep's allowed than superman whizzes to diana's armory and picks up the gauntlets & sandals and clears the gauntlet stupidly quickly.
If it were based on popularity then the DC Trinity would probably include Green Lantern or maybe Flash instead of WW.

JakeTheBank
There's a difference between the Marvel Trinity/Big Three than Marvel's "marquee" characters. Besides we all know the collective of Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor > Spidey, Logan, and Hulk.

*waits for unstoppable shitstorm*

Also, which Flash Rogue's are involved? Depending on which ones, it does effect my decision somewhat.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Also, which Flash Rogue's are involved? Depending on which ones, it does effect my decision somewhat.
Maybe he meant ALL of them?

In that case, Zoom can take out 2 in Marvel Trinity, namely Cap America and Iron Man, by himself.

Q99
The Marvel trinity fits right to me. Sure, Spider-man is more popular, but he's a solo act. These three work as a team a lot.

---
DC has a stronger team and an easier Gauntlet.

The Fatal Five? You could throw both trinities together and they'd still be in major trouble. Oh wait, do you mean the Fearsome Five? (Titans villains, instead of the uber Legion villains)

DC can clear theirs, Marvel gets stuck at 4.

Also the Rogues are way trickier than the Wrecking Crew.

Zoom's a Flash villain, but he's never really be considered a rogue (likewise Grodd and Abra Kadabra stand apart too, the solo acts in other words. Arguably Dr. Alchemy falls in their nowadays, but he used to be more of a 'rogue' than those three).

We're likely talking Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Trickster, Heatwave, Piper, Mirror Master, and Boomerang. Maybe minus Piper for his turn to good, and possibly the young Trickster too.

If other rogues are included, you get Girder, Double Down, Magneta, that woman who ran the Rogues' underground for awhile, Rainbow Raider, Plunder, and others.

carver9
DC team is more powerful.

Q99
Match-by-match-
DC's Gauntlet:
1. Wrecking Crew -They can take the Crew in a fairly strait fight. Clark and WW go strait on, Bats hangs back and provides the odd distraction. Some bruises, but it doesn't take long to win.

2. Circe -Diana's arch nemesis. With her pals backing her up, again, fairly strait win.

3. Classic Juggernaut -May take them a bit of trial and error, but they have the lasso in their favor.

4. Dark X-Men -Fairly tough fight, but it's really just Pointer and Nate that are the problems, and Omega's going to go down. Nate has potential to stop them, but with planning they should be able to have Bats hit him with something to stop concentrating and using his powers, or get him in the lasso, or so on. Tricky, but winnable.

5. Mongul with Rings- Quite tough, but I think a bit less-so than Nate. They know Mongul, they know the rings, they have a numbers advantage. Heck, if they got Bats a ring, he could use it.

6. Darkseid (non Jobbing)- Pretty much the same as Mongul. They know the threat, it's hard, but they can manage.

Marvel's Gauntlet:
1. Flash Rogues- (assuming the line-up I guessed in the previous post) A solid but tricky win. They'll win, sure, but they'll have to work for it and it'll take awhile since the Rogues are quite good at making pests of themselves to stronger foes.

2. Loki- Much like Circe above, they know what they're up against, the trio wins.

3. Genocide- Here, it's harder than the Juggernaut fight the DCs had because there's a real chance for loss. Collectively they have enough strength to handle her, but if she takes Thor down (likely using the lasso), then they're screwed, it's over. So they'll have to really have their act together.

4. Fatal Five- I don't see how they can win. If it was the Fearsome Five, they'd take it reasonably solid after a battle, but they can't beat these legion foes.

5. V&V Despero- They're outpowered here. It's an uphill battle, but they do have some chance. Better have Thor go all-out from the start, and Tony empty his power cells into Despero.

6. Cyborg Superman with Rings- One tough factor is he'll probably take out Tony fast, which'll suck. I think Hershaw probably wins, but if Thor does a god-blast or something and blows off his ring hand, they have a chance.

DC's hardest is 4, which is winnable but quite hard, but 1-3 have little chance against them, and 4-5 are tricky but the kind of stuff they can handle. Marvel hardest is 4, which they cannot win, but they stand a reasonable chance of losing to 3 too, and 4-5 overall have the edge against them. Even among their wins, 1 takes longer than the other team's 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.