Thor vs. Nova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Current both.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Current both. Orion Soloes..... smokin'

dmills
Loki.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

celeyhyga17
Thor 8/10

dmills
Gravity weave to compressed grav pulse = goodnight Thunder god. Plus Nova is even more powerful now. Rich takes it 7/10. I know I'll be alone on this one but that'll change after Thanos Imperative.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
Gravity weave to compressed grav pulse = goodnight Thunder god. Plus Nova is even more powerful now. Rich takes it 7/10.

whoa there....
I know Nova recieved a huge upgrade, but this is Thor we're talking about.

dmills
@celeyhyga17,
Did you read Nova #35?

celeyhyga17
@celeyhyga17,
Did you read Nova #35?

Not yet sir....
But I've read 1-34 including Annihilation, Annihilation Nova, Annihilation Conquest.

BattleMage
I wonder if any FOOLS are gonna say Nova?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by BattleMage
I wonder if any FOOLS are gonna say Nova?

DMills believes so........

dmills
@ celeyhyga17
Then I won't spoil it for you. But lets just say, Nova has been holding back power. A lot of power. I'll leave it that.

celeyhyga17
@ celeyhyga17
Then I won't spoil it for you. But lets just say, Nova has been holding back power. A lot of power. I'll leave it that.

Oooooh................

CosmicComet
@ celeyhyga17

Awesome. Can't wait to see it for myself.

h1a8
celeyhyga17 how did u read the issue? Is it out? How can I take a glance at it? PM me if necessary.

dmills
What Nova did is all the more impressive if you know who the Sphinx is and what the Ka stone is capable of. Unfortunatly probably only hardcore Nova fans or Fantastic Four fans know who Sphinx is.

Blanket
What Nova did is all the more impressive if you know who the Sphinx is and what the Ka stone is capable of. Unfortunatly probably only hardcore Nova fans or Fantastic Four fans know who Sphinx is. Wait, he actually had a full functioning Ka Stone?

Wild Shadow
Thor ftw the sphinx is a putz the idiot who though he was equal to galactus... he has great powerset but he isnt unbeatable

dmills
Originally posted by Blanket
Wait, he actually had a full functioning Ka Stone? No. He had two fully functioning Ka stones.

Blanket
2 So... he's been downgraded or what?

Actually hold on, I'll be back after reading it.

Blanket
He only... shielded himself from Sphinx getting used to becoming a God for less than 3 seconds.

Impressive, but I expected something more... solid?

dmills
@Blanket,
PM me if you want a full recap of the whole arc.

dmills
Look again, he was pushing the blast back towards Sphinx. Then he say's "Blue blazes I've never used the Nova force at this level before!". Then he opens the stargate inside of Sphinx imploding him.

dmills
But yes, Sphinx was getting used to his new power level. The scene kind of reminded me of when Thanos defeated eternity and while he was becoming one with the cosmos, Nebula picks up the gauntlet.

Blanket
Look again, he was pushing the blast back towards Sphinx. Then he say's "Blue blazes I've never used the Nova force at this level before!". Then he opens the stargate inside of Sphinx imploding him. Looks more like he's moving forward (if at all) through the blast via slicing through it and shields barely holding.

Because of Reed's calculations and him returning to the 616 universe before he was ready. Never would have worked previously.

Plus, since I closed it and therefore I lost it already, didn't he say he was using full power before any of that went down? He dodged a couple blasts, and then went Super Sayian and tried to go through it.

dmills
The art on the panels is pretty cut and dry. Sphinx's arm is extended all the way out prior to Nova heading directly into the blast. Nova then activates his shields and flies head on into the blast and say's; "I'm just about holding his blasts back! Nova Force is at maximum! Blue blazes I've NEVER used the Nova Force at this level before! I'M HOLDING OFF A GOD!". Then we see Sphinx's arm bent at the crock and his body slightly leaning back as Nova is pushing back against the blast.

It's really clear as day. I don't see how you can get any other interpretation. The blast is clearly shown being stopped in front of Nova, (not extending past him) with the excess blast being curved back towards Sphinx. And Nova wasn't even straining. He then tells Reed to hurry with the calculations cause he only has 3 seconds of max power left, Reed gives him the ok, then he activates the stargate in Sphinx. Gameover.

Blanket
k, he bent his arm.

dmills
No further comment.

Warlord
I haven't read his most current books so I'm going with what I know...Thor should win 7/10...I'm gonna get the Thanos imperative though...it might change my mind

celeyhyga17
The art on the panels is pretty cut and dry. Sphinx's arm is extended all the way out prior to Nova heading directly into the blast. Nova then activates his shields and flies head on into the blast and say's; "I'm just about holding his blasts back! Nova Force is at maximum! Blue blazes I've NEVER used the Nova Force at this level before! I'M HOLDING OFF A GOD!". Then we see Sphinx's arm bent at the crock and his body slightly leaning back as Nova is pushing back against the blast.

It's really clear as day. I don't see how you can get any other interpretation. The blast is clearly shown being stopped in front of Nova, (not extending past him) with the excess blast being curved back towards Sphinx. And Nova wasn't even straining. He then tells Reed to hurry with the calculations cause he only has 3 seconds of max power left, Reed gives him the ok, then he activates the stargate in Sphinx. Gameover.

shhh...enough spoilers...i havent read it yet mad

srankmissingnin
Nova is potentially one of the most powerful characters in Marvel. The Worldmind normally regulates his power set but with full control Nova would be a beast. With that said even at his very best Nova still isn't enough to take Thor for the majority IMO.

dmills
@Srank,

I'll just say this. DnA have supposedly said that Annihilation was Nova's introdution and Thanos Imperative will be his coming out party. They have purposely been very conservative with his power levels, but at the same time giving subtle hints at his true power. No more of that now. The leash will be off and supposedly by the time The Thanos Imperative is over, there will be no doubt about who the top dog in Marvel Cosmic is.

So with Nova leading not only Starlord and the GoG, but the Surfer, Gladiator and Quasar, he's going to have to be pulling off some insane feats to get that kind of love. I can't wait! I've been telling people on this board that they were short changing my boy Rich in these forum battles. Now the payoff is coming and it's gonna be sweet!

carver9
@Srank,

I'll just say this. DnA have supposedly said that Annihilation was Nova's introdution and Thanos Imperative will be his coming out party. They have purposely been very conservative with his power levels, but at the same time giving subtle hints at his true power. No more of that now. The leash will be off and supposedly by the time The Thanos Imperative is over, there will be no doubt about who the top dog in Marvel Cosmic is.

So with Nova leading not only Starlord and the GoG, but the Surfer, Gladiator and Quasar, he's going to have to be pulling off some insane feats to get that kind of love. I can't wait! I've been telling people on this board that they were short changing my boy Rich in these forum battles. Now the payoff is coming and it's gonna be sweet!

Gladiator already whipped that ass and easily so what makes you think he will be above him?

dmills
@Carver,
Fucouttahere with that. Gladiator never whipped Nova. They've fought once decades ago and it ended as a stalemate.

carver9
@Carver,
Fucouttahere with that. Gladiator never whipped Nova. They've fought once decades ago and it ended as a stalemate.

This looks like a ass whippin to me. He even surrendered.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/9594/nova3.jpg
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9054/nova4.jpg

dmills
LOL at this shit! That's not Nova genius.

carver9
I think thats a ownage since we clearly see a one shot THEN we see him getting picked up and choked the f*** out.

carver9
LOL at this shit! That's not Nova genius.

So nova Prime isnt Nova?

dmills
@ Carver,
That's Malik. He's a shi'ar that replaced Richard as Nova Prime when the WM depowered Richard. He only had a fraction of Richards power.

carver9
@ Carver,
That's Malik. He's a shi'ar that replaced Richard as Nova Prime when the WM depowered Richard. He only had a fraction of Richards power.

No where during that fight or the comic after that did it state that wasnt Richard. Not saying that you are lying but you have to prove this.

CosmicComet
Gladiator said in that first scan "You're Shi'Ar"...

no expression

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Gladiator said in that first scan "You're Shi'Ar"...

no expression

Not just him, the nova corp was part of shiar during that run.

dmills
@Carver
OMG. You don't read Nova do you?

carver9
@Carver
OMG. You don't read Nova do you?

LOL, I'll admit, not as much as you but I read annihilation. Didnt the girl (dont know her name) nova during the time when she first received her powers give a Nova that was mind controlled by Phalanx a run for his money?

Just provide me proof on where you got that Nova not being the real deal.

dmills
@carver,
Fair enough. Read Nova #23. Richard was on Earth dying because his body had been changed at the molecular level to accomodate the entire Nova Force. Worldmind promoted Malik to be Prime.

carver9
@carver,
Fair enough. Read Nova #23. Richard was on Earth dying because his body had been changed at the molecular level to accomodate the entire Nova Force. Worldmind promoted Malik to be Prime.

That fight I just presented happened before Nova #23. confused

K Von Doom
How much powerful is current Thor compared to his classic version?

dmills
@carver,
Negative. That fight happened in Nova 24. But you asked for proof of when Malik became Nova Prime. That happened in 23.

carver9
@carver,
Negative. That fight happened in Nova 24. But you asked for proof of when Malik became Nova Prime. That happened in 23.

Well, I'm not going to argue against you because I know how well you know the character so I'm taking your word for it.

dmills
@ k von doom,
Some say current = classic but I honestly don't see it. Classic showed more raw power IMO. Rage would know best though. He'll be here anytime now I'm sure.

the Darkone
Thor wins 7/10, Thor is more versatile than Nova. Thor would wreck him, look what Silver Surfer did to him and SS was holding back, imagine what Thor will do to Nova..

the ninjak
Nova Prime gravitates Thor into the ground. Nova sonic vibrates Thor's ears until Thor gives.

dmills
@TheNinjak,
Now that's oldschool, I'm impressed. How about an electromagnetic static burst! You a fellow buckethead Ninjak?

the ninjak
@TheNinjak,
Now that's oldschool, I'm impressed. How about an electromagnetic static burst! You a fellow buckethead Ninjak?

Yeah just not the last few issues. Heard it's gonna get cancelled sad

dmills
@Ninjak,

From what I've heard, we're safe for now. The book is going on hiatus so that DnA can focus on completing the Thanos Imperative. Nova will be back in June for a tie in story.

If you're a buckethead, shoot me a PM and I'll point you to a private message board for fellow bucketheads. We have some "In the know" kind of guy's that are members there. DnA as well as Bill Rosemann drop juicy little tidbits off to some of the guy's every now and then.

dmills
@ Ninjak,

BTW, don't stop buying copies man, you're contributing to it's demise! stick out tongue Basically only the hardcore bucketheads are keeping it alive right now.

Nihilist
Thor wins

Prep-Man
Nova kicks blondys ass to the ground. LOL at Carver's fail.

BTW, I think Nova will have Surfer status soon.

Warlord
has he ever dealed with anyone at Thor's level?
just asking

the ninjak
Originally posted by Warlord
has he ever dealed with anyone at Thor's level?
just asking

Well he beat Annhilus

Q99
Also Ego.

He did put up a fight against Surfer even though he was overall at a disadvantage, and was trying to talk to him mostly, and as we learned later, Rider *still* hadn't tapped his power to it's fullest extent.

Warlord
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well he beat Annhilus

Whithout the bands... Yeah I know...Also beating Ego while loosing to Surfer seems meh...

dmills
@Warlock
He just recently beat Sphinx who's above Thor. And people seem to forget that Nova gave classic Thor a nice tussle back when he was just at centurian level. He's a lot more powerful now.

dmills
@Q99,
Yep. Rich has tapped into even more power now. He's even more powerful then he was when he fought Annihilus and Surfer. He'll have to be for this Thanos event.

Are you a fellow buckethead?

Naija boy
I like Nova alot as a character and have read amost all his appearances. However this claim that he can beat thor is quite absurd. He has done nothing to validate such a claim at all.Sphinx is a character whose power lvel has varied over the years and i doubt he was at his galactus fighting levels against Nova (tho ill have to read this fight for myself). He has even been soundly defeated by blackbolt in the past. Hence that victory does not all of a sudden mean that he can take out thor.

Originally posted by Q99
Also Ego.

He did put up a fight against Surfer even though he was overall at a disadvantage, and was trying to talk to him mostly, and as we learned later, Rider *still* hadn't tapped his power to it's fullest extent.

All that the surfer fight really showed is the gigantic difference between Nova then and Guys on Surfers level. True he hadnt tapped his powers to their full extent but until we see him do something with them to justify a placement on Thors level then i see no reason to do so.

Naija boy
Just read Nova 35...... Impressive by Nova, holding off sphinx with Ka stones blasts for a few seconds with his shield. Still that alone is certianly not enough to say he beats Thor.

THor ftw still.

dmills
At Naija,
Nova won't try and slug it out. He has too many cheap ways to beat Thor. Gravity weave followed up by a compressed gravimetric pulse for the ko without much trouble. Nova 7/10.

Naija boy
At Ninjaa,
Nova won't try and slug it out. He has too many cheap ways to beat Thor. Gravity weave followed up by a compressed gravimetric pulse for the KO without too much trouble. Nova 7/10

And u think that will take out Thor without too much trouble? Based on?

carver9
I can see Thor hammer countering that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.