Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zenthepoet
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Who do you declare the winner and why?

Q99
Who can be? Neither, to try would strike off a debate of epic proportions that never ends.

quanchi112
Hal Jordan.

Slaanesh
Hal

zenthepoet
Originally posted by Q99
Who can be? Neither, to try would strike off a debate of epic proportions that never ends.

I adjusted that to something better..

Its not like there a definite answer anyway..

zenthepoet
Some have said Hal but what are your reasons?

quanchi112
Originally posted by zenthepoet
Some have said Hal but what are your reasons? He's obviously the main hero of the gl books. He's the real deal when everything falls to crap while Kyle only takes up the reigns and becomes the main hero when Hal is out of the picture. Hal's also getting a movie made about him and seems to be much bigger in dc than kyle rayner. he seems to be handled with a great deal of more respect than Rayner.

Parmaniac
What are Hal Jordans top feats? I'm reading GL and GLC but I honestly haven't seen as impressive constructs like the ones of Kyle when he was the "main GL"

Q99
I'd say Kyle. As mentioned, he's shown the best post-crisis feats- containing a supernova, holding Imperiax... in short, he was around for all the big universe-busting stuff of the Morrison era. Even after Hal returned, he still gets to pull really cool stuff like his sacrifice play at the central battery, and he's second in line for the top spot of the corps at the moment. He's torchbearer for a reason.

Also in his favor, he attracted the spirit of willpower to himself twice, and is possibly the most responsible person with uber cosmic power in comics. When someone gets insanely uber power, they go mad and try and destroy the universe, not be Ion1.

Plus, I like his construct style, and I like his relationship with Soranik.

There's no such thing as a 'one true GL' or 'one greatest GL' (a title Kyle and Hal have both gotten) and each of them have their advantages and disadvantages, but that's my reason.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Q99
There's no such thing as a 'one true GL' or 'one greatest GL' (a title Kyle and Hal have both gotten) and each of them have their advantages and disadvantages, but that's my reason. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/GuyGardner01.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/GuyGardner01.jpg

^ THIS.

Guy solos. uhuh

"Id"
Kyle wins thanks to his superior post crisis feats. uhuh

Philosophía
Hal.

-Pr-
Hal.

As for why? His feats are fine, even Post Crisis, and the list of people he's taken on will always be more impressive to me.

zenthepoet
I would go with Hal myself.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
He's obviously the main hero of the gl books. He's the real deal when everything falls to crap while Kyle only takes up the reigns and becomes the main hero when Hal is out of the picture. Hal's also getting a movie made about him and seems to be much bigger in dc than kyle rayner. he seems to be handled with a great deal of more respect than Rayner. So he wins because he's more popular?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
So he wins because he's more popular?

That's why Superman wins, amirite? eek!

Q99
Originally posted by -Pr-

As for why? His feats are fine, even Post Crisis, and the list of people he's taken on will always be more impressive to me.

Personally I think Kyle has the better Rogues gallery outside Sinestro.

Most of Hal's classic villains weren't all that dangerous, and the few that were tended to be transferred over to Kyle too.

Plus, there were way more cosmic threats under Kyle's tenure. Imperiax, Mageddon, Z, Parallax-with-full-battery. Kyle's era was lousy with them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.