Superman vs. X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Who wins?

Wolverine
Jean(not pheniox)
Beast
Rouge
cyclops
Iceman
Nightcralwer
Colosuss
Storm
Nightcrawler

vs.

Superman

No speedblitzing
No BFR
Grounded fight.

-Pr-
you have to specify a line up for the x-men.

Black bolt z
I did

Blanket
Why put Iceman on team one

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Blanket
Why put Iceman on team one Because he's an x-man.

BlackZero30x
is iceman omega level or not?

Blanket
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Because he's an x-man. All threads involving him turn into absolute zero, and he`ll reform. Nothing more, nothing less. He`s pretty far above everyone else on his team too...

the ninjak
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
is iceman omega level or not?
Yeah!
Originally posted by Blanket
All threads involving him turn into absolute zero, and he`ll reform. Nothing more, nothing less. He`s pretty far above everyone else on his team too...
previous post had Flash killing Bobby.

carver9
Xmen

the ninjak
Xmen

celeyhyga17
Superman 7.5/10

manx422
Superman stomps

Battlehammer
only real hope would be to have rougue adsorb everyones powers aside from iceman and have her assault superhuman while icem and tried to turn superman body solid or some such. also uses storm powers to block the sun rays as completely as possible

carver9
Originally posted by Battlehammer
only real hope would be to have rougue adsorb everyones powers aside from iceman and have her assault superhuman while icem and tried to turn superman body solid or some such. also uses storm powers to block the sun rays as completely as possible

If rogue did that, she wouldnt need any help at defeating him.

Wild Shadow
x-men ftw. with supes CIS on he would let them hit him to gauge their power lvl by then jean has him drooling and crapping his tights...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I did

ah.

iceman is really the only major obstacle here imo.

the rest are easily beatable, and superman has taken down tougher teams than that by himself.

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
x-men ftw. with supes CIS on he would let them hit him to gauge their power lvl by then jean has him drooling and crapping his tights...

except that he's resisted telepaths more impressive than her.

Warlord
The only real factors would be Jean Iceman and Rogue.
If Rogue mange to touch him and Jean couples her with a powerful mind attack then the team could win. Othrwise Superman beats them

-Pr-
Originally posted by Warlord
The only real factors would be Jean Iceman and Rogue.
If Rogue mange to touch him and Jean couples her with a powerful mind attack then the team could win. Othrwise Superman beats them

rogue would have to hold on to him for a decent amount of time. plus, the sun can keep recharging him.

Warlord
Originally posted by -Pr-
rogue would have to hold on to him for a decent amount of time. plus, the sun can keep recharging him.

I remember her powers working instantly with just a touch back in older apearences. She was able to drain Thor and Wonderman in the "classic" era.
I don't say she is enough but if she can touch him and Jean follow with a psi attack they could win

Wild Shadow
@PR

i am sure he does have resistance and some training so do many other ppl and it doesn't always count for beans when a character is using his or her power at its fullest.

Care to tell me what specific moments you have where He was able to stop a full psi attack from one of the most powerful psi beings on the planet?

-Pr-
I remember her powers working instantly with just a touch back in older apearences. She was able to drain Thor and Wonderman in the "classic" era.
I don't say she is enough but if she can touch him and Jean follow with a psi attack they could win

even if it was an instantaneous one, that still doesn't account for the sun recharging him and the fact that he really would get her away from him as quickly as possible...

@PR

i am sure he does have resistance and some training so do many other ppl and it doesn't always count for beans when a character is using his or her power at its fullest.

Care to tell me what specific moments you have where He was able to stop a full psi attack from one of the most powerful psi beings on the planet?

Manchester Black, Despero, Martian Manhunter. There's a veritable list.

Warlord
actually the above mentioned characters have also managed to get in his mind before... Depends on the writer and the story I guess.
The sun takes time to recharge him also. And I'm talking about a psi attack at the time Rogue touches him (and maybe Iceman lowers his inner temperature)

Wild Shadow
if i recall MB was manipulating his mind creating illusions and his plan wasnt to kill superman but to get superman to kill him by goading him by making him think he killed Lois..

not sure how specifically supes resisted despero but i am sure he did.

MM was able to drag the entire JLA and even the spectre into the joker's mind not sure how superman has immunity or stop jean from wiping his mind or casting illusions. if she tried to get him to kill or act against his nature then yes, he is resistant and may break free.

-Pr-
actually the above mentioned characters have also managed to get in his mind before... Depends on the writer and the story I guess.
The sun takes time to recharge him also. And I'm talking about a psi attack at the time Rogue touches him (and maybe Iceman lowers his inner temperature)

if i recall MB was manipulating his mind creating illusions and his plan wasnt to kill superman but to get superman to kill him by goading him by making him think he killed Lois..

not sure how specifically supes resisted despero but i am sure he did.

MM was able to drag the entire JLA and even the spectre into the joker's mind not sure how superman has immunity or stop jean from wiping his mind or casting illusions. if she tried to get him to kill or act against his nature then yes, he is resistant and may break free.

superman has a lot more showings of resisting telepathy than he does of being beaten by it. his resistance is insanely high.

the sun can actually recharge him quite quickly nowadays. it does tend to depend on what's being used to drain him though.

he fought black more than once.

Warlord
I'm sure you've read more Superman than me but from the JLA books I have I'd say his showings are 50/50.

Anyway even if he can deal with Jean's TP I doubt he could deal with a combined Jean, Bobby, Rogue attack.

Not that it would be easy to orchestrate such an attack against him but IF it is done I think he would go down

Parmaniac
Rogue and Iceman are the only problems the rest are non factors.

Warlord
I disagree...Jean can help under certain conditions

Juntai
Even Martian Manhunter himself said the only reason he CAN get into Clark's head is because Clark lets him.
Those characters feats are well above pre-pheonix jean grey.

Juntai
Some of the kids from Supertown tried to put Superman in Chronal statis, freezing him in time. It was bringing his molecules to a halt, similar to how cold works, and ice even formed around him. It barely slowed him down.

Freezing Superman's insides would also be akin to freezing a star.

A more likely scenario is that a wide blast of heat vision would wreck pretty much that whole team.
Superman's an X team rolled into one, multiplied by a 1000 or more.

Warlord
Originally posted by Juntai
Even Martian Manhunter himself said the only reason he CAN get into Clark's head is because Clark lets him.
Those characters feats are well above pre-pheonix jean grey.

yet Fernus had no problem doing it

Colossus-Big C
Cyclops+Colossus+someone who can fly=Superman

Silent Master

Actually, she ws unable to drain Simon.

Wild Shadow
that was b/c of his ionic nature irrc b/c he had no genetic or biological pattern to work with.

Colossus-Big C
This guy wins
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/281306-113785-colossus.jpg

carver9
Rogue touch everyone on her team and stomps this fight.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by carver9
Rogue touch everyone on her team and stomps this fight. hell yea

godking
Realistically Superman could end this fight within 5 minutes other then Iceman there are no real threats on this team.

godking
Originally posted by carver9
Rogue touch everyone on her team and stomps this fight. Other then iceman who on this team has a power that could even trouble Superman.

Even absorbing the powers of everyone on that team superman still has a huge advantage over rogue.

JakeTheBank
Superman, more often than not, wins.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by godking
Other then iceman who on this team has a power that could even trouble Superman.

Even absorbing the powers of everyone on that team superman still has a huge advantage over rogue. juggernaut is an Xmen..

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
juggernaut is an Xmen..

Juggs would be an easy BFR for Supes'

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah!

then i hate to be this guy....but yea i don't really know because superman really couldn't hurt bobby in that case...

Juntai
yet Fernus had no problem doing it Are you actually trying to compare pre-Pheonix Jean Grey to the being that killed a whole race of powerful telepaths?

Also, it took him a good deal of time to begin breaking into Superman's mind. Notice how even after he's had Superman captive for a while, he's telling how long he believes it will take to begin getting info out of it? And then never ended up getting any, iirc? lol.

Brainiac 13: B 13 threw the fear of Earth's entire population into Superman's head -- Superman broke free of the attack within a panel or so. (Superman: Endgame TPB)

Despero: Despero had taken control of most of the JLA. He overtook both Aquaman and J'onn Jonzz at the same time, but could not take Superman at all. (Pre-IC JLA issue)

Union: Union was the sum of billions of beings' mental strengths. He attacked Superman and Superman shrugged off his attack within a few panels and then beat down Union. (Superman in exile arc)

Neron: While in Hell, Neron attacked Superman's mind; Superman overcame it within a few panels. (Tie in to the Day of Judgment arc)

J'onn J'onzz: Superman throws J'onn J'onzz out of Superman's head. (Superman: King of the World). Mere contact with Superman's mind sends J'onn for a loop. (Superman: Where is Thy Sting) J'onn Jonzz states that his telepathy can not detect Superman if Superman does not wish to be detected.

The Fatal Five: Superman is attacked by the telepath of the Fatal Five. He resists her attack, pushing it back on her and taking her out.

Eclipso: Superman allows Eclipso into his head and then forces Eclipso out, just to see if he is strong enough mentally to do so. He then explains that, over the years, he has built up "a resistance to telepathy."

Juntai
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
juggernaut is an Xmen.. Helps to read the OP, I guess. Originally posted by Black bolt z
Who wins?

Wolverine
Jean(not pheniox)
Beast
Rouge
cyclops
Iceman
Nightcralwer
Colosuss
Storm
Nightcrawler

vs.

Superman

No speedblitzing
No BFR
Grounded fight.

Mindset
Originally posted by Juntai
Some of the kids from Supertown tried to put Superman in Chronal statis, freezing him in time. It was bringing his molecules to a halt, similar to how cold works, and ice even formed around him. It barely slowed him down.

Freezing Superman's insides would also be akin to freezing a star.

A more likely scenario is that a wide blast of heat vision would wreck pretty much that whole team.
Superman's an X team rolled into one, multiplied by a 1000 or more.

Iceman froze a fusion core explosion.

Wild Shadow
so how does iceman put out the rest of the cells in superman's body after he puts out one solar charged cell?hypocrite

Mindset
By having Gamora kill Wolverine.

Warlord
Fernus killed a race of telepaths? you mean some white martians? not a whole race IIRC
I only remember him being Jon's "evil side" thing

Wild Shadow
even MM without fernus has ripped clarks mind from his body and into the joker..

Juntai
even MM without fernus has ripped clarks mind from his body and into the joker.. Not with Superman fighting him he didn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.