Beta Ray Bill vs Thor: Pure Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Typically I would say a stalemate, but nowadays the gap between the two has gotten more noticeable. The Secret Invasion tie-in really gave the impression that Thor was above Bill and even Bill seemed to acknowledge it.

Man, I am REALLY looking forward to Fraction's run on Thor. His going with the entire epic, cosmic scene stories yet said he would also focus on the characterization's and what makes Thor so close to human. It's going to be REALLY good.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Typically I would say a stalemate, but nowadays the gap between the two has gotten more noticeable. The Secret Invasion tie-in really gave the impression that Thor was above Bill and even Bill seemed to acknowledge it.

Man, I am REALLY looking forward to Fraction's run on Thor. His going with the entire epic, cosmic scene stories yet said he would also focus on the characterization's and what makes Thor so close to human. It's going to be REALLY good. really, I would think brb would have the edge for the simple fact that he fights far more brutal

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
really, I would think brb would have the edge for the simple fact that he fights far more brutal

In a fight like this, brutality would work against him in my opinion Fighting smart yet going all out and not letting up would be better.

Take Blood and Thunder for instance. When he tried to engage Thor directly he was put down. Yet when he actually used his fighting skills while Thor was just charging at him like a mad bull, he used repeated blows to Thor's head to down him.

JakeTheBank

Man, I am REALLY looking forward to Fraction's run on Thor. His going with the entire epic, cosmic scene stories yet said he would also focus on the characterization's and what makes Thor so close to human. It's going to be REALLY good.

For a relatively new guy at Marvel, Fraction seems to have a good grasp on Thor. So long as he can keep Thor's supporting cast to be as dynamic, and frankly, the best they've ever been in a long while as well as play to the dichotomy of Thor and Blake, I'll be sold.

As far as the thread goes, I say even split.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

As far as the thread goes, I say even split. thats a copout

JakeTheBank
thats a copout

No, it's fair to both characters based on feats, with either having the ability to upstage the other. erm

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, it's fair to both characters based on feats, with either having the ability to upstage the other. erm they're not completely equal...so to say a split is a copout

JakeTheBank
they're not completely equal...so to say a split is a copout

I'd say any advantage (which would be minute, by the way) one would have in terms of the sheer physical sense is countered by the advantages of the other. I have yet to see any one feat that would be relevant in this kind of match up that would place one clearly over the other.

Digi
they're not completely equal...so to say a split is a copout

They're damn close though, especially in a brawl setting. 5/5 for both is a reasonable opinion, and is actually what I would say. Not every fight can (or should) have a clear winner.

OneDumbG0

Man, I am REALLY looking forward to Fraction's run on Thor. His going with the entire epic, cosmic scene stories yet said he would also focus on the characterization's and what makes Thor so close to human. It's going to be REALLY good. On this, Thor still had a portion of the Odinforce.

I didn't much like that tie-in meself. But I'll read Fraction nonetheless because I like his other stuff.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
On this, Thor still had a portion of the Odinforce.

I didn't much like that tie-in meself. But I'll read Fraction nonetheless because I like his other stuff.

I believe Fraction said that his portion of the Odin Force had been drained, and on Alvaro a poster posted Fraction saying that in that arc it might as well be regular Thor.

His the only one besides JMS who actually gave a damn about the Odin Force. At least he went out of his way to give an excuse to ignore it.

The Odin Force will always be an obstacle for writers. I doubt JMS' had it in mind until the second arc and that was probably because of all of the fan clamoring.

Galan007
Imo, they are equal. Odin saw to such when he originally gave Bill his powers.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Galan007
Imo, they are equal. Odin saw to such when he originally gave Bill his powers. thumb up

SamZED
Thor 51/100

Slaanesh
stalemate..

AsbestosFlaygon
Beta Ray Bill = Thor = Hercules = Silver Surfer = Gladiator

Superman = Captain Marvel = Mr. Majestic = Batman

quanchi112
I believe Fraction said that his portion of the Odin Force had been drained, and on Alvaro a poster posted Fraction saying that in that arc it might as well be regular Thor.

His the only one besides JMS who actually gave a damn about the Odin Force. At least he went out of his way to give an excuse to ignore it.

The Odin Force will always be an obstacle for writers. I doubt JMS' had it in mind until the second arc and that was probably because of all of the fan clamoring. I heard this as well though never saw the actual interview.

BattleMage
I look at it in the same way as Captain marvel (Billy) - SuperMan - Black Adam are all equals. So Thor & BRB are the same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.