The Rival vs Quicksilver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/rival.html

Q99
Rival. Quicksilver is much slower than any speedforce user.

-K-M-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Sorrow/Page17.jpg

-K-M-
Well we just found out in the newest Mighty Avengers issue QS can travel faster then radio waves, which is light speed.

JakeTheBank
^ Aye. Is this the first time Pietro has reached such speeds outside of amps or anything?

Blanket
Originally posted by -K-M-
Well we just found out in the newest Mighty Avengers issue QS can travel faster then radio waves, which is light speed. Magneto was right when he said QS was faster than Northstar... shifty

-K-M-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
^ Aye. Is this the first time Pietro has reached such speeds outside of amps or anything?

Yes, as prior his very very best was mach 10 taking Isotope E.

Originally posted by Blanket
Magneto was right when he said QS was faster than Northstar... shifty

Apparently now, but at that time QS could only go mach 3

Badabing
Well we just found out in the newest Mighty Avengers issue QS can travel faster then radio waves, which is light speed. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/th_Untitled-Scanned-03-4.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
I knew this was going to happen eventually. Slott was writing him like he was the Flash. Crossing continent level distances and shit easily.

Anyways Rival could only barely break light speed and he returned to the Speed Force when he did, did he not? If that's the case Quicksilver wins.

JakeTheBank
It would be nice to have Pietro elevated to that level, though I have a feeling other writers wouldn't portray him as that fast in their own stories.

-K-M-
Part of me thinks Slott may have meant sound waves, as he never could go anywhere this fast unless when he got his powers back he got amped (which is possible).

Original Smurph
Hasn't it been indicated that he has got an amp since being repowered?

I know it hasn't been shown to be lightspeed fast yet, but we hadn't seen the upper limits yet.

It also shows why dodging lightning would be cake for Pietro.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Hasn't it been indicated that he has got an amp since being repowered?

I know it hasn't been shown to be lightspeed fast yet, but we hadn't seen the upper limits yet.

It also shows why dodging lightning would be cake for Pietro.

I don't think so.

Mach 10 was officially his fasted speed thanks to Isotope E, and officially prior to that was mach 1.

Well he actually had ample time to dodge it as Thor revealed his attack before hand and Spider-Man and etc have dodged lightening too.

Original Smurph
I don't think so.

Mach 10 was officially his fasted speed thanks to Isotope E, and officially prior to that was mach 1.

Well he actually had ample time to dodge it as Thor revealed his attack before hand and Spider-Man and etc have dodged lightening too. I was thinking about these scans...

Originally posted by MarcusP2
In the latest issue of Mighty Avengers, Quicksilver runs from Tibet to Indonesia and back in the space of about 30 seconds maximum.

That's a round trip of 8000km in 30 seconds, or approximately 1 million km/hr. Around about Mach 800.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/MarcusP2/14a7968e.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/MarcusP2/5fc757f3.jpg

Also, right when he got repowered, didn't he do a lot faster than Mach 10 when he ran from New York to Mantauk Point (sp?)?

I'm not trying to prove that he's faster than Mach 10 by quantifying feats, but it seems like he's been pulling off a lot of these feats since getting repowered.

As far as the Thor thing, yeah, true, he probably just moved his position, but he did boast about "outracing lightning bolts", which would be in line with FTL capabilities. srug

-K-M-
Also, right when he got repowered, didn't he do a lot faster than Mach 10 when he ran from New York to Mantauk Point (sp?)?

I'm not trying to prove that he's faster than Mach 10 by quantifying feats, but it seems like he's been pulling off a lot of these feats since getting repowered.

As far as the Thor thing, yeah, true, he probably just moved his position, but he did boast about "outracing lightning bolts", which would be in line with FTL capabilities. srug

I thought you meant were they officially said he got amped, yeah Slott has been showing him to do those feats in MA but no reason behind how he can.

Oh I'm sure he is faster then mach 10, but prior to Slott taking over Mach 10 was his official max. People change and get upgraded so not really a big deal.

He said he has been doing it for years or since growing up or something along those lines, but when he was younger he could only go mach 1. Simple boasting I would assume.

Original Smurph
I thought you meant were they officially said he got amped, yeah Slott has been showing him to do those feats in MA but no reason behind how he can.

Oh I'm sure he is faster then mach 10, but prior to Slott taking over Mach 10 was his official max. People change and get upgraded so not really a big deal.

He said he has been doing it for years or since growing up or something along those lines, but when he was younger he could only go mach 1. Simple boasting I would assume. Yeah, right, it's the same writer. I guess I just meant that they had been hinting at it, so it didn't feel unprecedented (as opposed to just having QS pull out a FTL than light feat within an arc where he had been capped at Mach 10, which would have been silly/PIS/etc).

ExodusCloak

He said he has been doing it for years or since growing up or something along those lines, but when he was younger he could only go mach 1. Simple boasting I would assume.

He was moving between continents pretty quickly in HoM which at the time irked me a bit.

-K-M-
Yeah, right, it's the same writer. I guess I just meant that they had been hinting at it, so it didn't feel unprecedented (as opposed to just having QS pull out a FTL than light feat within an arc where he had been capped at Mach 10, which would have been silly/PIS/etc).

It's possible Slott wanted QS to be a lightspeed racer (heh!), but he has never came close to those levels before. So it's still pretty silly, but if he got an upgrade then it's all good. Still going lightspeed on earth? that's going to cause a lot of damage as he doesn't have a "speed force" to protect from those effects.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
He was moving between continents pretty quickly in HoM which at the time irked me a bit.

Yeah the ice cream feat, but all the powers in HOM were wonky some were stronger and some were weaker then main reality versions.

celeyhyga17
Yeah... Marvel has been portraying him faster these days. Maybe not quite Flash fast, but he seems faster compared to his past. It's either he kept the amp after being repowred or one of those things in which he just grew more powerful. Like how some mutants develop their powers as they age. Meh.... Dunno.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.