Dr Polaris vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
They fight here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ 309th_Aerospace_Maintenance_and_Regeneration_Group

Scenario One: Classic Magneto

Scenario Two: Current Magneto

1 magneto stomps

2 polaris probably wears him out and finishes him

JakeTheBank
Magneto in both, imo.

galactusischere
Mags
Polaris

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scenario 1: Magneto obviously.

Scenario 2: He might lack the raw power that he use to have for some reason but his experience and ability to manipulate energy and the electromagnetic spectrum gives him the win. Isn't the current Dr. Polaris a schmuck in a suit that gives him powers anyways?

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Scenario 1: Magneto obviously.

Scenario 2: He might lack the raw power that he use to have for some reason but his experience and ability to manipulate energy and the electromagnetic spectrum gives him the win. Isn't the current Dr. Polaris a schmuck in a suit that gives him powers anyways?

DP's powers are his own, the result of exposion to big magnets as a scientist (dont laugh, it was the silver age). I read in an interview that fraction says mags has all of his raw power, but his body can't handle the output, even though the comics seem to show he's been weakened in raw power as well. DP is acutally pretty handy with the power he does have, so if mags exerts himself in the beggining he likely takes it, then again maguns did beat protheus with some help of cis and was fien right after, so I think the predator x blunder will likely be left aside with no explanation in the future and hell return to previous levels.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
DP's powers are his own, the result of exposion to big magnets as a scientist (dont laugh, it was the silver age). I read in an interview that fraction says mags has all of his raw power, but his body can't handle the output, even though the comics seem to show he's been weakened in raw power as well. DP is acutally pretty handy with the power he does have, so if mags exerts himself in the beggining he likely takes it, then again maguns did beat protheus with some help of cis and was fien right after, so I think the predator x blunder will likely be left aside with no explanation in the future and hell return to previous levels.

Isn't current Polaris a former business man who was a fanboy of the old Polaris? He appeared in Justice League #17 or so like three years ago. I remember him because of his Blue Beetle appearances. The old Polaris died.

Fraction is a good writer but his a schmuck on Magneto. He keeps playing him up this old man crap when Magnus should be at his peak right now.

He has white hair so of course that means his really, really old. facepalm

My ass he has all of his raw power. He literally exhausted himself trying to kill the Predator X.

The Prometheus fight wasn't written by Fraction as I understand it. Big surprise there.

JakeTheBank
I gotta agree with Fraction being a hit/miss kind of guy. I like his approach with Thor and Iron Man, but other characters he handles...are a bit off at best.

oh i didnt kept up with this new dp, but he probably sucks, giving stablished character's cltohes to other people isn't the way to go.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, he sucked as much as you would expect characters like this to suck.

guy222
Mags

Mags

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by guy222
Mags

Mags

thumb up

Endless Mike
Done before

Prep-Man
The only Polaris that could beat Magneto is the one from Power Company. He was ripping holes in reality and crap.

Mshinu
The Master beats the Doctor

Q99
No, his powers are still innate. His difference is he harnesses monopol magnets instead of the normal kind.

Original Polaris:
Mags
Polaris

New Polaris:
Mags
Mags

Just not as much experience, though he was still powerful enough to 'kill' Blue Beetle.

Not so much, he was pretty fun (being from Blue Beetle and all). Still loses, but not a horrible character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.