Thor and hercules vs. Silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Gods vs. cosmic

Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

JakeTheBank
^ Right?

They win.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
^ Right?

They win. they?

JakeTheBank
"They" as in the gods.

Starscream M
"They" as in the gods. not sure what herc adds to this fight

i think if surfer sees them, hes gonna quickly take it to the air, space or far away leaving herc stranded

doubt surfer will go to the ground and engage in a 2-on-1 fight

JakeTheBank
Which is why Thor pretty much solos here.

nicamarvin
Which is why Thor pretty much solos here. .... erm

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by nicamarvin
.... erm

dur

Blanket
Surfer punches Thor in half, and has trouble with the superiour although grounded Herc.

nicamarvin
dur ..baby

Endless Mike
Thor has a decent chance against Surfer by himself

Rage.Of.Olympus
Decent? He takes the majority.

IMO SS can take thor and hercules is a non-factor here, maybe he manages to throw a rock on the SS while he is distracted

Badabing
dur laughing out loud

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Decent? He takes the majority.

I would disagree especially since current Thor dies if Mjolnir is broken and he lost the Odinpower but Surfer still has his Annihilation powerup.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I would disagree especially since current Thor dies if Mjolnir is broken and he lost the Odinpower but Surfer still has his Annihilation powerup.

Mjolnir being broken was never a worry in a fight with Norrin in the past and won't be now. I highly doubt Norrin is capable of breaking Mjolnir and most importantly Thor won't let him.

It's unclear to what extent he was powered up if he received any power up at all. He told Galactus no etc. It's unclear as to what that was referring to but their is a chance it was referring to the offer of more power.

Endless Mike
He got beaten by Ravenous before it but beat him afterwards. Also Surfer was beating BRB until Bill had his ship help him.

Colossus-Big C
team wins. both thor and herc as as strong if not stronger than surfer.

even rhino pwned surfer

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rhino never beat Norrin. Norrin treated him like a joke when he got serious. Even stopped his charge with one arm when he grabbed him by the horn.

Hercules and Thor are most definitely stronger than Norrin.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
He got beaten by Ravenous before it but beat him afterwards. Also Surfer was beating BRB until Bill had his ship help him.

Ravenous never beat him. When he first fought Ravenous he was going toe to toe with him and he was holding back like usual as I recall. Asking him to surrender etc. He then gets mad and unleashes his power in a omnidirectional burst. He then flies off with Air Walker. In their second fight after the manipulations of Galactus he went straight to business. They go toe to toe for a bit and then Norrin overpowers and defeats him. That's what I recall at least from the Annihilation Silver Surfer tie in issues.

Yes Silver Surfer was wining but it's not something he would not be capable off before. Norrin attacked him from behind and took the advantage. Seeing as it's a split between the two in terms of power I don't see the problem. On the flip side, Bill kicked Norrin's ass when he took him by surprise.

I have to go back to re-read it but I recall reading the Galactus incident where he changes him and thinking that this could be taken either way. If it was a power up fine, I'll concede.

Blanket
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

even rhino pwned surfer Except Surfer beat Rhino...

Endless Mike
Ravenous used those creatures to drain Surfer's PC in their first fight IIRC

Rage.Of.Olympus
Really? I don't remember that but thanks for reinforcing my point I guess.

Naija boy

Yes Silver Surfer was wining but it's not something he would not be capable off before. Norrin attacked him from behind and took the advantage. Seeing as it's a split between the two in terms of power I don't see the problem. On the flip side, Bill kicked Norrin's ass when he took him by surprise.

There is quite a difference between the bills flash Ko of a totally non-battle ready Norrin and Norrin comprehensively beating the hell out of a pissed off battle ready Bill (while holding back) after using a the board blitz (a tactic he has used time and time again). Moreover in direct character comparisons surfer has been referred to as being more powerful than Bill as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
There is quite a difference between the bills flash Ko of a totally non-battle ready Norrin and Norrin comprehensively beating the hell out of a pissed off battle ready Bill (while holding back) after using a the board blitz (a tactic he has used time and time again). Moreover in direct character comparisons surfer has been referred to as being more powerful than Bill as well.

Being ready for battle doesn't really help you against a highly durable board that was probably moving at speeds faster than light (Wasn't it keeping up with the ship?) striking you at the back of your neck. It's not really that much different when Bill jumps in knocks Norrin out after a sucker hit to the head and a follow up blow. And Bill had suffered serious wounds from Thor at the time as I recall.

I mean it's not as if Bill was bracing for the blow. He was blocking an energy attack from Norrin.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_surfer3.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_surfer6.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_surfer7.jpg

Big difference.......

And thanks to Galan for the scans. To lazy to log on to my photobucket.

Naija boy
Being ready for battle doesn't really help you against a highly durable board that was probably moving at speeds faster than light (Wasn't it keeping up with the ship?) striking you at the back of your neck. It's not really that much different when Bill jumps in knocks Norrin out after a sucker hit to the head and a follow up blow. And Bill had suffered serious wounds from Thor at the time as I recall.

I mean it's not as if Bill was bracing for the blow. He was blocking an energy attack from Norrin.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_surfer3.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_surfer6.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_surfer7.jpg

Big difference.......

It is quite common in comics that when characters happen to be in "battle mode" i.e actually engaged in battle, they are able to take more attacks from their opponents regardless of the nature (whether from the front or the back). But that was not even the point which u missed. The point of that post was that the surfer example came within actual battle settings, is valid and can be replicated if such a battle arises again.

The instance of bill koing surfer however happened out of "battlemode" and cannot be replicated as Surfer showed that he can indeed take two shots from an even angrier bill with little or no damage. Hence when making character comparisons in regards to a battle between them, surfers feat is entirely relevant while Bills is not.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I gotta go Naija but I'll get back to this tomorrow. I could answer this but it would be half assed when typing with one hand.

AsbestosFlaygon
The God duo wins

kgkg
. It's not really that much different when Bill jumps in knocks Norrin out after a sucker hit to the head and a follow up blow.

Big difference.......

You are serious here? The scan is from IW pretty much required those guys to be K.O due to plot device. In the same issue bill was K.O'ed with like 3 punches.

When Bill and Surfer fought both parties were expecting to take damage. Also bill really couldn't do anything if he is attacked by both side his forcefield won't be able to handle Surfer levels of attack.

brownqk
Hercules is a non factor here, as stated before, and SS takes a majority from Thor IMO.

Mindset

It's unclear to what extent he was powered up if he received any power up at all. He told Galactus no etc. It's unclear as to what that was referring to but their is a chance it was referring to the offer of more power. He said no to Galactus taking away his emotions. Galactus gave him conviction and more power, that part isn't unclear.

D_Dude1210
Just a small concern/question regarding the scan: Where here was the Surfer ever KOd? I only see him get him and hit again...

Firestorms
Herc adds little to the fight other thna being a minor distraction unless this is Hercules amped to strength of mythical levels where by he can lift the Earth and old up the weight of the heavens
Even then Surfer might remove him by teleporting him away

even rhino pwned surfer

Stop trolling
that kinda nonsense will get you banned

Slaanesh
Herc won be any good here..SS beat Thor for a majority..

janus77
Surfer wins every time.
Thor gets hammerfaced, yet again.

Surfer already beat down BRB with ease, what more can Thor offer?

Hercules vs Surfer would be good fun if Surfer engaged in a brawl (we've seen how much superior Surfer is against Hulks of various levels of anger, so it's unquestionable that he could go H2H with Hercules)...

janus77
lol at Rage's "evidence" ... the Church of Thor is going through some uncomfortable times, high priests are becoming a liiiiittle unhinged, it seems shifty

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Herc won be any good here..SS beat Thor for a majority.. if its grounded team 2 wins in a stomp

quanchi112

even rhino pwned surfer Wow. If you claim rhino beat Surfer then you didn't read it.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wow. If you claim rhino beat Surfer then you didn't read it. i was joking

quanchi112
i was joking Really?

Blanket
He wasn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blanket
He wasn't. Yeah, I don't think he was either.

Enyalus
Hercules and Thor are most definitely stronger than Norrin.
What're you basing this on? Surfer's easily caught Savage Hulk's punch before draining him of his gamma energy. He's physically stalemated an amped Champion (when a non-amped Champion throttled Thor), as you already referenced he physically overpowered Ravenous and put him on his knees...and during Planet Hulk he physically overpowers and shoves Hulk backwards into the arena wall while being cut off from the Power Cosmic. Plenty of evidence to suggest that Norrin is at least their equal in terms of strength when he wants to be.

Colossus-Big C
Yeah, I don't think he was either. nah i was joking rhino is not even class 100 and surfer is vastly above that......

quanchi112
nah i was joking rhino is not even class 100 and surfer is vastly above that...... I'll be watching you.

h1a8
I think SS can take Thor (Herc is a non factor) for an easy majority. SS is faster and has more options. Plus he can theoretically amp well beyond Thor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
I think SS can take Thor (Herc is a non factor) for an easy majority.

Nah.

Warlord
Thor does what has already done in the past...beats the surfer...
Herc leaves to get laid

quanchi112
Originally posted by Warlord
Thor does what has already done in the past...beats the surfer...
Herc leaves to get laid Sounds reasonable.

The Nuul
Non PIS Thor would solo SS.

h1a8
SS would beat Thor 10000/10. Thor only matches with SS in comics because of popularity only.

quanchi112
SS would beat Thor 10000/10. Thor only matches with SS in comics because of popularity only. Based on what?

the ninjak
c3DJ3GxKW7s

Surfer Wins

h1a8
Based on what?

Based off SS having the speed and reflexes to avoid any attacks made by Thor, having the power set to amp beyond Thor's level, keep Thor's hammer away momentarily while SS blast him like crazy, attack Thor with simultaneous attacks (including the board), etc.

quanchi112
Based off SS having the speed and reflexes to avoid any attacks made by Thor, having the power set to amp beyond Thor's level, keep Thor's hammer away momentarily while SS blast him like crazy, attack Thor with simultaneous attacks (including the board), etc. So this is another example of you ignoring how these two are portrayed in the comics? Further debate with you is pointless as you can't even acknowledge their showings.

dmills
Damn, so now we've gotten to the point where Norrin beats Thor for an easy majority? I haven't kept up with much Thor but he can't have fallen that low on the todem pole.

dmills
Imagine how "unhinged" they would get if his series was canceled and he was reduced to guest appearances and mini's. Oh wait...

dmills
I'll be watching you. Isn't that a little creepy?

quanchi112
Originally posted by dmills
Isn't that a little creepy? No.

dmills
No. Are you sitting in a dark room with no light save for the computer monitor eeriely illuminating your face?

quanchi112
Are you sitting in a dark room with no light save for the computer monitor eeriely illuminating your face? How did you know? Creepy.

dmills
How did you know? Creepy. laughing out loud So he has a sense of humor after all!

Black bolt z
laughing out loud So he has a sense of humor after all! Who knew?

quanchi112
laughing out loud So he has a sense of humor after all! I don't like to show it off on kmc as it takes away from debating.

Black bolt z
I don't like to show it off on kmc as it takes away from debating. No I mean look at me!!!!!!!!!!!

dmills
Back to the topic at hand.

So let me get this straight. People believe Norrin gets a win by proxy over Thor because of the SS/BRB fight?

h1a8
So this is another example of you ignoring how these two are portrayed in the comics? Further debate with you is pointless as you can't even acknowledge their showings.

Who cares how they are portrayed? This is a forum fight not a comic fight, big difference. In a comic Thor would win a very slight majority over SS. But in reality he would lose almost every time.

quanchi112
Who cares how they are portrayed? This is a forum fight not a comic fight, big difference. In a comic Thor would win a very slight majority over SS. But in reality he would lose almost every time. Then you aren't debating how these characters matchup just how you view their powersets which isn't how we debate here. All this time and you still don't get it.

h1a8
Then you aren't debating how these characters matchup just how you view their powersets which isn't how we debate here. All this time and you still don't get it.

I take their skill and willingness to perform a certain tactic into consideration too. What I don't do is allow contradictions. Which is something that must be done if one is only considering how characters match up in the comic. Since u do this then u are allowing for contradictions to exist. Contradictions can't exist anywhere, for it is logically impossible.

You my friend don't know the true spirit of comic debating.
It began with power set arguing. Since I can remember everyone was arguing/debating comic fights. Their arguments would center only on power sets. This was the case since the beginning. This is the spirit.

Now I understand CIS. But CIS only applies to a character willingness to perform an action or that the character isn't smart enough to perform a certain action.

If Superman knows he has super speed and he knows that if he doesn't use it then he will lose. Then what do u think Superman will do? He will use his speed of course. I don't care how many times he didn't in the comic. He has proven time and time again that he is smart enough to come to that conclusion, which is all that matters. As far as willingness, all it takes is at least a couple of showings to prove that a character is willing to perform an action under a certain condition.

But no worries the OP has the CIS off option.

quanchi112
I take their skill and willingness to perform a certain tactic into consideration too. What I don't do is allow contradictions. Which is something that must be done if one is only considering how characters match up in the comic. Since u do this then u are allowing for contradictions to exist. Contradictions can't exist anywhere, for it is logically impossible.

You my friend don't know the true spirit of comic debating.
It began with power set arguing. Since I can remember everyone was arguing/debating comic fights. Their arguments would center only on power sets. This was the case since the beginning. This is the spirit.

Now I understand CIS. But CIS only applies to a character willingness to perform an action or that the character isn't smart enough to perform a certain action.

If Superman knows he has super speed and he knows that if he doesn't use it then he will lose. Then what do u think Superman will do? He will use his speed of course. I don't care how many times he didn't in the comic. He has proven time and time again that he is smart enough to come to that conclusion, which is all that matters. As far as willingness, all it takes is at least a couple of showings to prove that a character is willing to perform an action under a certain condition.

But no worries the OP has the CIS off option. What you can't seem to grasp is what the writers give us is what we debate for or against. You ignore what you don't like and make up the rest.

h1a8
What you can't seem to grasp is what the writers give us is what we debate for or against. You ignore what you don't like and make up the rest.

Making something up means creating something that didn't happen. When have I done this? I reason off of what did happen.

Well if comic fights were the judge then why have a forum discussion?
Hell, many threads have characters who already fought against each other in the comic.
Why not just use the outcome of those fights as the judge. Why open up a thread when the fight already happened?

U don't understand the point of all this do u?

dmills
@h1a8
The last part of your post is so true. This thread is an example of that redundancy as Thor has beaten the Surfer twice alredy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.