Something better then star wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
The Star wars trilogy is 30+ years old and a classic. with so many other movies and trilogy's out which are good in there own way (AVATAR, Dark knight etc.) do you still say to yourself 'that the star wars films are still the best ????

queeq
Errm... no. They are good but prolly not THE best.

coolmovies
But fans still love them to bits

roughrider
The closest that has come for me is the LOTR trilogy.
But Star Wars still comes first for geek obsession.

JediRobin23
Star wars is still the best. Its just that when people watched them so many times, it wears off. doesn't mean that they weren't originally the best

Sith Master X
Haven't found another trilogy I like better yet, including both the OT and PT. I know I don't speak for everyone when I say PT. But I like both trilogies.

queeq
Oh it's still my favourite, don't get me wrong.

But when the phrase "best" comes up, some other qualifications come into place.

InfernoJG95
how can you say this blasphemy! but lotr is quite a good trilogy and peter jackson has borrowed some elements like used universe witch i like in films becuase some look like it was made yesterday but in sw it been there for years

queeq
The 6 part saga just has a few too many flaws to give it the credit 'best'.

JediRobin23
Star wars when you first watched it (If you recall) will always be the best.

queeq
That certainly goes for the OT. The PT.... not so sure.

darthmaul1
i love both star wars trilogies.
next would be LOTR.
I don't think there is anything else right now with that much rewatchability.
i guess the 3 predator films and alien and aliens (have to wait for the prequel for me to consider it a trilogy.)

queeq
There are four Alien films already.... and I think they shouldn't make a prequel.

JediRobin23
yeah, wasn't Alien resurrection just plain horrible

Alien 2 or Aliens was good

queeq
I heard there are gonna be two prequels... *shudder*

JediRobin23
I doubt it

queeq
Oh..

JediRobin23
maybe your right
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

queeq
Ah... I see they have Ridley slated as director. That may make me change my mind about this venture.

darthmaul1
I don't consider alien 3 and resurection part of the movies cause they sucked ass. so it's just alien and aliens.
and as for Avatar being better than star wars. No way!! it was visually good, although the navi looked too computer generated. the aliens in district 9 looked much better. and the avatar story was very basic.

MasterAshenVor
The Godfather Series is the best. haha

JediRobin23
Godfather 3?

Sith Master X
3 isn't the magic number in the film industry.

Unless it's ROTS. lol

queeq
laughing out loud

JediRobin23
3 is only good when the whole story is written ahead of time.

Writing a new story after, makes them suck

queeq
Sometimes.

Oh and isn't ROTS no. 6?

JediRobin23
ROTS is 3. Lucas wrote the partial backstory ahead of time before or during ANH

queeq
Not that bit. Not that bit at all...

But it is the 6th movie in succession... we were talking about making stuff in succession.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.