Void Sentry vs Sinestro (WL)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Galan007
Sinestro.

Parmaniac
I think this thread is a bit too soon but by common sense, Sinestro, he has the power of all embodiments of the spectrum in himself if I got that right.

JakeTheBank
Sinestro for the pwn.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sinestro for the pwn. wth you smoking? What the f**k?

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Starscream M
wth you smoking? What the f**k?

Sinestro with the White Light Entity would pwn Void.

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Sinestro with the White Light Entity would pwn Void. this is just regular sinestro

Galan007
this is just regular sinestro Did you miss the part of the OP that states "Sinestro (WL)"

?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Did you miss the part of the OP that states "Sinestro (WL)"

? oh, yeah didn't see that.

its still kinda idiotic for almightykfish and jake to claim sinestro would pwn void though

Galan007
oh, yeah didn't see that.

its still kinda idiotic for almightykfish and jake to claim sinestro would pwn void though I wouldn't say it's idiotic at all.

WL Sinestro = the cumulative power of all the emotional aspects. He is basically the "Ion" for every color ring.

Starscream M
I wouldn't say it's idiotic at all.

WL Sinestro = the cumulative power of all the emotional aspects. He is basically the "Ion" for every color ring. ok, very good. but do we even know the extent of power of Void yet?

maybe you read a issue I didn't read where void has been beaten. But afaik, void's threshold has not been demonstrated on panel.

so to say he would be pwned by Sinestro WL IS idiotic and uninformed...and at the least ignorant.

Enyalus
I haven't read the comics that came out yesterday, but...

Recent Ion and Kyle as Parallax weren't that impressive to me. Now Hal was recently against BL Spectre, but hey, it's Hal.

I wanna see what Sinestro can do to Nekron before commenting further.

AlmightyKfish
ok, very good. but do we even know the extent of power of Void yet?

maybe you read a issue I didn't read where void has been beaten. But afaik, void's threshold has not been demonstrated on panel.

so to say he would be pwned by Sinestro WL IS idiotic and uninformed...and at the least ignorant.

I'd say it's a reasonable assumption, as Ion or Parallax alone have power that makes them a universal threat. And Sinestro effectively has each of their power, plus the power of the beings of Rage, Compassion, Avarice, Love and Hope.

And Sinestro can't die when he's the entity. So there' basically nothing The Void could do to him.

Although I guess that works both ways...

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I'd say it's a reasonable assumption, as Ion or Parallax alone have power that makes them a universal threat. And Sinestro effectively has each of their power, plus the power of the beings of Rage, Compassion, Avarice, Love and Hope.

And Sinestro can't die when he's the entity. So there' basically nothing The Void could do to him.

Although I guess that works both ways... but we know so little about Void, how can we assume anything even if Sinestro is superpowerful?

Galan007
ok, very good. but do we even know the extent of power of Void yet?

so to say he would be pwned by Sinestro WL IS idiotic and uninformed...and at the least ignorant. What I also haven't read is an issue where Void has faced an opponent anywhere near Sinestro's level of power. Additionally, I've yet to see anything from Void that leads me to believe he could do what Nekron was unable to, and harm Sinestro. *shrug*

Anyway, while it's true that each characters' appearances are very limited, at this point in time it's perfectly logical (based on what we know or have seen) to assume that Sinestro is >. Imo.

Starscream M
What I also haven't read is an issue where Void has faced an opponent anywhere near Sinestro's level of power. Additionally, I've yet to see anything from Void that leads me to believe he could do what Nekron was unable to, and harm Sinestro. *shrug*

Anyway, while it's true that each characters' appearances are very limited, at this point in time it's perfectly logical (based on what we know or have seen) to assume that Sinestro is >. Imo. lol

ok, so if we know very little about 2 characters, how does that mean we could reasonably assume one is more powerful than the other?

thats flawed logic

Galan007
lol

ok, so if we know very little about 2 characters, how does that mean we could reasonably assume one is more powerful than the other?

thats flawed logic Originally posted by Galan007
(based on what we know or have seen) ^ That's the best we can do as of now, so that's what I am basing my opinion on.

Starscream M
^ That's the best we can do as of now, so that's what I am basing my opinion on. I think its rather premature of you to formulate an opinion at this stage, with the limited info we have

for god's sake, has Sinestro as WL even done anything yet?

Galan007
I think its rather premature of you to formulate an opinion at this stage, with the limited info we have

for god's sake, has Sinestro as WL even done anything yet? ^ That's the best we can do as of now, so that's what I am basing my opinion on.

You're more then welcome to disagree with my opinion. Won't hurt my feelings.

Starscream M

You're more then welcome to disagree with my opinion. Won't hurt my feelings. name one impressive thing sinestro as WL has done.

Galan007
name one impressive thing sinestro as WL has done. Atomized dozens of BL's with a casual hand gesture. Demonstrated relative immunity to Nekron's attack. Confirmed that his is all emotional embodiments wrapped up in one.

Starscream M
Atomized dozens of BL's with a casual hand gesture. Demonstrated relative immunity to Nekron's attack. Confirmed that his is all emotional embodiments wrapped up in one. none of that impresses me all that much tbh. no expression

OneDumbG0
Atomized dozens of BL's with a casual hand gesture. Demonstrated relative immunity to Nekron's attack. Confirmed that his is all emotional embodiments wrapped up in one. You mean like Dove's been doing since Blackest Night started? duster

Galan007
none of that impresses me all that much tbh. no expression I'm not surprised, tbh.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
You mean like Dove's been doing since Blackest Night started? duster White power? kinda

guy222
Sinestro FTW

Enyalus
White power? kinda
http://aceboogielrgjunkie.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/whitepower.jpg

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I think this thread is a bit too soon but by common sense, Sinestro, he has the power of all embodiments of the spectrum in himself if I got that right.

Starscream M
I'm not surprised, tbh.

kinda frankly, that's uncalled for.

Galan007
frankly, that's uncalled for. C'mon, the 'kinda' smilie isn't that bad.

Starscream M
C'mon, the 'kinda' smilie isn't that bad. you implied I was ignorant or something.

Galan007
^ Nope. All I 'implied' is that I wasn't surprised about your former statement.

On another note: the amount of unwarranted whining/finger pointing you do never ceases to amaze me. Really. none

Starscream M
^ Nope. All I 'implied' is that I wasn't surprised about your former statement.
well, it came off that way. just letting you know.

Galan007
thumb up

rotiart
The only problem with assuming the ion powerset is that kyle with ion was kyle with all of the power of the planet of oa and supposedly the starheart... ie classic ion... the most recent ions... were designated by the guardians... and were not empowered by the starheart... all that energy was used in recreating the planet oa/guardians.. etc..

Galan007
Originally posted by rotiart
The only problem with assuming the ion powerset is that kyle with ion was kyle with all of the power of the planet of oa and supposedly the starheart... ie classic ion... the most recent ions... were designated by the guardians... and were not empowered by the starheart... all that energy was used in recreating the planet oa/guardians.. etc.. I wasn't using Ion as any sort of representation of power. The name was just thrown out there to help clarify what exactly Sinestro is now (ie. the 'Ion' of every emotional aspect.) I suppose I could have also said that he is the 'Larfleeze' of every color, etc.

Starscream M
I suppose I could have also said that he is the 'Larfleeze' of every color, etc. that makes no sense no expression

JakeTheBank
wth you smoking? What the f**k?

Not the Void/Sentry ganja going around.

xJLxKing
Sinestro wins. He was sliced in half by Nekron and he wasn't even hurt. Nothing!

I don't see what Void can do. It's spite.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Sinestro wins. He was sliced in half by Nekron and he wasn't even hurt. Nothing!

You done started it now...

xJLxKing
No, I finished it hypocrite

bbrem123

sentry been exploded to nothingness and came back instantly...i dont see what Sinestro can do to him

i say we need to see more of both...they both seem hella uber

Blanket
you implied I was ignorant or something. ...

Heh

xJLxKing
Originally posted by bbrem123
sentry been exploded to nothingness and came back instantly...i dont see what Sinestro can do to him

i say we need to see more of both...they both seem hella uber
No, there is a difference.

Sinestro is connected with everyone in the universe.

bbrem123
he has done nothing yet...u cant just assume...and nobody even knows what the hell the sentry is so u cant say one is more powerful then the other...well, until we see more of each characters limits u cant

im not saying sentry wins...we just dont know what both are capable of, so u cant really chose a winner here

xJLxKing
he has done nothing yet...u cant just assume...and nobody even knows what the hell the sentry is so u cant say one is more powerful then the other...well until we see more that is

im not saying sentry wins...we just dont know what both are capable of, so u cant really chose a winner here
I can actually.

Void hasn't beaten anyone who is a standard HH. He went against Thor and he couldn't win.

Sinestro with only a yellow ring is a HH already. With the white power, he is easily above skyfather.

bbrem123
have u read anything with the void in it?...cuz it doesnt seem like it

JakeTheBank
I don't see Void Sentry beating even the watered down versions of Ion or Parallax, tbh. At least not now.

Omega Vision
White Lantern Sinestro with supreme ease.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Omega Vision
White Lantern Sinestro with supreme ease.

i was just wondering how he can take sentry out?

Blanket
i was just wondering how he can take sentry out? By how he gets beat in Seige 4

bbrem123
Originally posted by Blanket
By how he gets beat in Seige 4

haha...touche

unless he kills himself

Prep-Man
Don't do it Sentry! Don't do it!

quanchi112
I can actually.

Void hasn't beaten anyone who is a standard HH. He went against Thor and he couldn't win.

Sinestro with only a yellow ring is a HH already. With the white power, he is easily above skyfather. False. Void has been beyond reed, strange, and thor before. Their collective minds were screwed against the Void. Please do me a favor and actually know something about the characters before you post ignorance.

Parmaniac
i was just wondering how he can take sentry out? I'm wondering about the same in the other direction.

bbrem123
I'm wondering about the same in the other direction.

me too lol...that is why im saying you cant really chose here

The Nuul
Too soon for the WL.

Warlord
No no, it's only too soon for a hated character...cool characters own even before having feats with their implying powers

The Nuul
Originally posted by Warlord
cool characters own even before having feats with their implying powers

Nope, this is fanboy power.

Galan007
that makes no sense no expression Makes perfect sense. Just gotta use your noodle a bit. wink

manx422
Sinestro stomps beer

Juntai
that makes no sense no expression http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18w6RLHiRMs&feature=related

quanchi112
No, there is a difference.

Sinestro is connected with everyone in the universe. What has he actually done? What has occurred on panel in how they can defeat the Void further proving your claim Sinestro wins? if you have nothing this proves your bias.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
What has he actually done? What has occurred on panel in how they can defeat the Void further proving your claim Sinestro wins? if you have nothing this proves your bias.
Irony.

quanchi112
Irony. How is this post ironic?

BlackZero30x
i would like to bring up the new avengers.....anyone remember how viod was set loose and Emma Frost came in and spoke about how sentry held everything together with his mind?...she helped him fight it...he did most of the work but she helped...not to mention how Norman Osbourn has been manipulating him....the void/sentry is vulnerable to mind attacks....which is also stated by Emma Frost so Sinestro in all of his power now could easily defeat him.

Omega Vision
How is this post ironic?
You're acting like the burden of proof is always on characters you don't support while relatively featless characters you do support get a free pass because heck you support them. erm

Nekron couldn't kill WL Sinestro which leads me to believe Void can't either.

I'm going by the looks of it, but sinestro seems to have gotten himself a phoenix entity. The white pokemon originated life itself and from what I understood it's plausible he can tap into the power of all that lives as he sort of embodies life, like parallax embodies fear. IMO sinestro takes this, but we'll know more soon enough when he beats nekron.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
I'm going by the looks of it, but sinestro seems to have gotten himself a phoenix entity. The white pokemon originated life itself and from what I understood it's plausible he can tap into the power of all that lives
That's the implication more or less. He's the Avatar of Life and at the very least he has the combined power of the seven emotional entities. Even just Parallax and Ion together would be more than enough to match Voidtry.

manx422
Sinestro (WL)

Parmaniac
Originally posted by manx422
Sinestro (WL) thumb up

But only this time.

JakeTheBank
That's the implication more or less. He's the Avatar of Life and at the very least he has the combined power of the seven emotional entities. Even just Parallax and Ion together would be more than enough to match Voidtry.

Either Parallax or Ion could beat Voidtry, imo.

Omega Vision
Which is why I said "more than enough". smile

JakeTheBank
Which is why I said "more than enough". smile

I'm not disputing that at all. thumb up

I'll leave that to the Sentry fanbase. biscuits

UniOmni

Parallax?

The guy who shows up and only does anything when a GL is around?

Without the gl energy, the cockroach is damn near useless.

Fear is the only thing it huffs, and oan energy is what it drives on.

Enyalus
Eww. Even Yat Ion or rebooted Kyle Ion?

Galan007
Originally posted by UniOmni
Without the gl energy, the cockroach is damn near useless.

Fear is the only thing it huffs, and oan energy is what it drives on. I guess it's a good thing that Sinestro embodies all of that and more, huh? wink

Omega Vision
I guess it's a good thing that Sinestro embodies all of that and more, huh? wink
Yeah think of it this way: Mangog had the combined strength and power of an entire planet's worth of presumably human level people. Multiply Mangog's power by a hundred sextillion and you have a very conservative estimate of the power that Sinestro now possesses as the vessel of all the Universe's life-energy.

Parmaniac
I don't like the red embodiment ahah

Astner
I wouldn't diminish Sentry too lightly. His empowered by the Judeo-Christian God, which Marvel wouldn't diminish under any circumstances as anything other than the most powerful entity.

But for now, white light.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Astner
I wouldn't diminish Sentry too lightly. His empowered by the Judeo-Christian God, which Marvel wouldn't diminish under any circumstances as anything other than the most powerful entity.
Come again? Marvel has a Yahweh. And a Lucifer. And they're both nothing to Eternity and the like.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Astner

But for now, white light.
Uh no. Sentry has never been shown to be the Judeo-Christian God or empowered by Him, there have just been some heavy handed uses of Biblical references that certain people have taken to literally indicate some sort of divine origin for the Sentry.

Sentry isn't empowered by TOAA.

BlackZero30x
there have just been some heavy handed uses of Biblical references that certain people have taken to literally indicate some sort of divine origin for the Sentry.

in fact as far as we know its just the opposite of a divine origin...that biblical reference could have merely meant that in marvel Uni it wasn't god who did those things it was just the essence of a super powered being...IMO it could be either way and im waiting to see a final fight with the viod to find out.

I don't like the red embodiment ahah

Pumbaa is awesome!!!

He is clearly the best of them pokemons

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
Pumbaa is awesome!!!

He is clearly the best of them pokemons His body is too fat and his legs are to thing, the overall look is ok. I like the orange and star saphire embodiments.

moonknight11
Put me in the 'We don't know yet' Camp.

Void owned Molecule Man and was unhurt by Thor unloading on him.

Meanwhile sinestro owned Black Lanterns and regenerated from being cut in half. He is also empowered by the DC Phoenix Force.

Siege #4 and Blackest Night #8 should provide some answers.

quanchi112
You're acting like the burden of proof is always on characters you don't support while relatively featless characters you do support get a free pass because heck you support them. erm

Nekron couldn't kill WL Sinestro which leads me to believe Void can't either. So how does he beat the Void then? Seriously, it's laughable you want to give him the win when the Void hasn't been beaten either. I said we should wait and see how the Void is defeated in siege before claiming he loses.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by moonknight11
Siege #4 and Blackest Night #8 should provide some answers. thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up Exactly. Until then when people start shouting someone wins it reveals a personal bias with these two characters.

Omega Vision
Exactly. Until then when people start shouting someone wins it reveals a personal bias with these two characters.
Nice Loki's Wager. At the moment the case for WL Sinestro is much stronger than for Void, I'd say.

quanchi112
Nice Loki's Wager. At the moment the case for WL Sinestro is much stronger than for Void, I'd say. Not really. You can say whatever you like but at this point you can't even tell me how Void loses. If Reed and company were at odds to beat this guy before you realize how badass he is.

Blanket
I said we should wait and see how the Void is defeated in siege before claiming he loses. Didn't you try to use Sentry's first mini as evidence? Where Void was defeated by Sentry?

INTERESTING!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blanket
Didn't you try to use Sentry's first mini as evidence? Where Void was defeated by Sentry?

INTERESTING!!! So Sentry beats the Void here? Interesting.

BlackZero30x
Exactly. Until then when people start shouting someone wins it reveals a personal bias with these two characters.

i agree and disagree...for some maybe there is a little bias....but did you read GL #52? Sinestro is the embodiment of life and he is connected to everything that lives...on that fact alone you could assume he can not be killed...but since death couldn't manage to do so then im pretty sure he can't die....now think about parallax when he first wanted to change everything he could have remade the entire universe...but yes he was stopped.....now take ion he was in multiple place at once....and Kyle even stated he could change things so hal would be back along with cost city without changing everything....he could literally change cretin things in time without changing everything....now combine those 2 beings and 5 other powers on the same level as them and you have sinestro.....he could change things so bob never had gotten his powers...or more accurately so those powers never found a host.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i agree and disagree...for some maybe there is a little bias....but did you read GL #52? Sinestro is the embodiment of life and he is connected to everything that lives...on that fact alone you could assume he can not be killed...but since death couldn't manage to do so then im pretty sure he can't die....now think about parallax when he first wanted to change everything he could have remade the entire universe...but yes he was stopped.....now take ion he was in multiple place at once....and Kyle even stated he could change things so hal would be back along with cost city without changing everything....he could literally change cretin things in time without changing everything....now combine those 2 beings and 5 other powers on the same level as them and you have sinestro.....he could change things so bob never had gotten his powers...or more accurately so those powers never found a host. We will just have to wait and see.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i agree and disagree...for some maybe there is a little bias....but did you read GL #52? Sinestro is the embodiment of life and he is connected to everything that lives...on that fact alone you could assume he can not be killed...but since death couldn't manage to do so then im pretty sure he can't die....now think about parallax when he first wanted to change everything he could have remade the entire universe...but yes he was stopped.....now take ion he was in multiple place at once....and Kyle even stated he could change things so hal would be back along with cost city without changing everything....he could literally change cretin things in time without changing everything....now combine those 2 beings and 5 other powers on the same level as them and you have sinestro.....he could change things so bob never had gotten his powers...or more accurately so those powers never found a host.

That's what I'm saying.

Doctor-Alvis
Something tells me this White Lantern Sinestro is going to be far more underwhelming than 7 Ions combined.

His body is too fat and his legs are to thing, the overall look is ok. I like the orange and star saphire embodiments.

The love thing reminds of a brood queen. Other than pumbaa, the mercyfull octopus and the greddy snake look ok, Ion and the hopefull eagle are pretty disapointing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.