Thanos w/ HOTU vs. The Presence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Who wins?

galactusischere
Stalemate.

Mr Master
Originally posted by galactusischere

Stalemate.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Mr Master
whatever Mr Masters says....notworthy

Omega Vision
Pfft Mr Master fanboys. sneer

Astner
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Pfft Mr Master fanboys. sneer
http://www.mycrunkspace.com/content/graphics/922180f7677f5b429257da7194199c2c.jpg

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Astner
http://www.mycrunkspace.com/content/graphics/922180f7677f5b429257da7194199c2c.jpg
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Astner
It was a joke...

Prep-Man
Presence.

Colossus-Big C
while thanos was omniposent he still wasnt "all knowing" like toaa and presence.

presence wins

galactusischere
Presence isn't even omnipotent. His power is surpassed by the Primal Monitor.

Colossus-Big C
Presence isn't even omnipotent. His power is surpassed by the Primal Monitor. he is the mind of the primal monitor.

thanos lacks being all knowing. by default any true omnipotents would win

galactusischere
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he is the mind of the primal monitor. Where did you get that idea from?

Except he was all knowing after he merged with the heart.

Colossus-Big C
Where did you get that idea from?
thats what was explained on some thread here.

but yet he didnt know if adam was still alive or if there even was something outside reality? and all knowings dont need to think or ponder about something. they already know....

Omega Vision
Where did you get that idea from?

Allankles posited it I believe, claiming that it was in a Grant Morrison interview I haven't yet read. I would take that theory with a grain of salt however I do believe that within the context of DCU the Presence is Omnipotent regardless of his relation to the PM.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

AsbestosFlaygon
Been done b4.
Use the Search function.

The Presence wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Been done b4.
Use the Search function.

The Presence wins. How does the presence win?

Blanket
Originally posted by quanchi112
How does the presence win? How does Thanos?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blanket
How does Thanos? Absorbing everything.

Blanket
Except Presence?

quanchi112
Except Presence? Presence is everything and this is a one sided romp.

Omega Vision
Absorbing everything.
Only you see a battle between Omnipotents, absolutely equal in every way and say one guy stomps. facepalm

Blanket
No it isn't.

quanchi112
Only you see a battle between Omnipotents, absolutely equal in every way and say one guy stomps. facepalm Yes, as he has shown the ability to absorb the Presence which is comprised of everything.Originally posted by Blanket
No it isn't. How am I wrong?

Blanket
Scans to show the Presence is everything?

Omega Vision
Yes, as he has shown the ability to absorb the Presence which is comprised of everything. How am I wrong?
Forget it. I'm done talking to you and your piss poor excuse for logic.

quanchi112
Scans to show the Presence is everything? In WW when Cronus was attacking heaven. I've put them up before when this debate has crept up.

Forget it. I'm done talking to you and your piss poor excuse for logic. How is it piss poor? I have a dc issue explaining this and a marvel issue showing Thanos easily absorb what he wanted to.

Blanket
I didn't see the scans.

And would you say this is a one time deal?

quanchi112
I didn't see the scans.

And would you say this is a one time deal? So we disregard an attempt at the Presence? Now that I think of it it was in the asmodel issue paradise lost when he trying getting to the presence. I guess you deny it because it crushes your case and proves me right yet again.

Omega Vision
In WW when Cronus was attacking heaven. I've put them up before when this debate has crept up.

How is it piss poor? I have a dc issue explaining this and a marvel issue showing Thanos easily absorb what he wanted to.
Thanos never absorbed TOAA, in fact he was merely the OAA's unsuspecting patsy in the whole debacle.

quanchi112
Thanos never absorbed TOAA, in fact he was merely the OAA's unsuspecting patsy in the whole debacle. TOAA is the writer. laughing out loud

These things aren't real.

Blanket
So we disregard an attempt at the Presence? Now that I think of it it was in the asmodel issue paradise lost when he trying getting to the presence. I guess you deny it because it crushes your case and proves me right yet again. I'm not disregarding anything actually. As it is, I see no proof of your claims.

Either way, if true, seems like it's only been mentioned once that he's everything, in a likely off hand comment.

quanchi112
I'm not disregarding anything actually. As it is, I see no proof of your claims.

Either way, if true, seems like it's only been mentioned once that he's everything, in a likely off hand comment. So you're just ignorant then? It happened and I don't have the scans but feel free to deny it. It doesn't hurt me.

kevdude
Thanos never absorbed TOAA, in fact he was merely the OAA's unsuspecting patsy in the whole debacle.

thumb up He was used to get to that point the whole time. Quan just because he absorbed everything in MU does not mean he can surpass a God of another universe, especially considering didn't he have to die to fix the flaw? laughing out loud .

Blanket
So you're just ignorant then? It happened and I don't have the scans but feel free to deny it. It doesn't hurt me. Apparently I am.

Either way, the Presence is a singular being who hasn't been affected by universes/everything getting destroyed. It happened in a DC story. I don't have scans, but way to go against the proof.

Also, COIE

Juntai
Quan's version of Thanos wouldn't even need HOTU.
He could just walk into the silver city and kill all the angels, then the presence too.

Tattoos N Scars
TOAA is the writer. laughing out loud

TOAA has been shown on Panel...and Thanos can absorb the source of his power?

I guess Thanos could absorb pre-retcon Beyonder too!!!

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Juntai
Quan's version of Thanos wouldn't even need HOTU.
He could just walk into the silver city and kill all the angels, then the presence too.
He prob thinks Thanos w/ THOTI is > TOAA as well

TOAA is the writer. laughing out loud

toaa ia character in the comic books who represents the writer/artist and has appeared on panel. Everything that Thanos did was not only allowed but directed by him. Thanos would not absorbe the marvel omniverse if TOAA did not wish him to do so, and he could only do it because he had the heart of the marvel universe, not of the DC universe. He will not be absorbing the presence

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
toaa ia character in the comic books who represents the writer/artist and has appeared on panel. Everything that Thanos did was not only allowed but directed by him. Thanos would not absorbe the marvel omniverse if TOAA did not wish him to do so, and he could only do it because he had the heart of the marvel universe, not of the DC universe. He will not be absorbing the presence
Think of the Heart as TOAA's hand. TOAA was allowing Thanos to use His 'hand' to get him to eventually correct the flaw (himself). There wasn't a single moment where Thanos was any kind of threat to TOAA.

Colossus-Big C
in other words hotu thanos is Toaa's B*tch

lol jk

Colossus-Big C
Think of the Heart as TOAA's hand. TOAA was allowing Thanos to use His 'hand' to get him to eventually correct the flaw (himself). There wasn't a single moment where Thanos was any kind of threat to TOAA. brilliant

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
thumb up He was used to get to that point the whole time. Quan just because he absorbed everything in MU does not mean he can surpass a God of another universe, especially considering didn't he have to die to fix the flaw? laughing out loud . What does this have to do with anything concerning a battle between the two. These threads don't get silly as to bring in rlf people and writers. If Thanos has the means to absorb the entire dcu he wins this thread. It's a cakewalk.

Apparently I am.

Either way, the Presence is a singular being who hasn't been affected by universes/everything getting destroyed. It happened in a DC story. I don't have scans, but way to go against the proof.

Also, COIE So you continue to disregard everything I stated when we were directly talking about the presence and talk about a story without the presence? Interesting.

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
TOAA has been shown on Panel...and Thanos can absorb the source of his power?

I guess Thanos could absorb pre-retcon Beyonder too!!! Because the writer chose to. We don't bring real life people who draw themselves on panel here. Presence isn't the writer.

Originally posted by 753
toaa ia character in the comic books who represents the writer/artist and has appeared on panel. Everything that Thanos did was not only allowed but directed by him. Thanos would not absorbe the marvel omniverse if TOAA did not wish him to do so, and he could only do it because he had the heart of the marvel universe, not of the DC universe. He will not be absorbing the presence No, it's a writer who chooses to include himself within the story how he deems fit. Thanos was tricked but in the end the choices were his. He was the man for the job but this has nothing to do with a thread concerning Thanos vs. the Presence.

What does this have to do with anything concerning a battle between the two. These threads don't get silly as to bring in rlf people and writers. If Thanos has the means to absorb the entire dcu he wins this thread. It's a cakewalk.

So you continue to disregard everything I stated when we were directly talking about the presence and talk about a story without the presence? Interesting.

Because the writer chose to. We don't bring real life people who draw themselves on panel here. Presence isn't the writer.

No, it's a writer who chooses to include himself within the story how he deems fit. Thanos was tricked but in the end the choices were his. He was the man for the job but this has nothing to do with a thread concerning Thanos vs. the Presence.

The heart of the universe gave thanos omnipotence over the marvel universe, not an omniverse absortion superpower. He will not absorb the presence nor will he have any jurisdiction over the DCU.

TOAA is a character, not a real person, who appears on panel and happens to look like the writer, he exists in the fictional marvel universe and thanos would have done nothing without his consent. Thanos made the choices TOAA knew/made him make as thanos is also a part of TOAA who has been described as omnipresent.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
The heart of the universe gave thanos omnipotence over the marvel universe, not an omniverse absortion superpower. He will not absorb the presence nor will he have any jurisdiction over the DCU.

TOAA is a character, not a real person, who appears on panel and looks like the writer or artist, he exists in the fictional marvel universe and thanos would have done nothing without his consent. Thanos made the choices TOAA knew/made him make as thanos is also a part of TOAA who has been described as omnipresent. This is a shred thread where their powers work in a combined reality. Thanos absorbs the presence and does so quite easily.

Again, Thanos needed to do something the TOAA could not do himself which really has nothing to do with Thanos absorbing the dcu here.

Blanket
So you continue to disregard everything I stated when we were directly talking about the presence and talk about a story without the presence? Interesting.
Yes. You haven't even the hint of proof.

Well, considering the Presence wasn't affected by all the universes being destroyed minus 5... so ya.

quanchi112
Yes. You haven't even the hint of proof.

Well, considering the Presence wasn't affected by all the universes being destroyed minus 5... so ya. That isn't everything is it? I fail to see your point. We have a direct line stating the presence consists of everything when someone wanted to go after the presence so why ignore it? I mean wow bran you should be better than this.

Black bolt z

Again, Thanos needed to do something the TOAA could not do himself ...
Really you think there is something TOAA can't do himself?...If there is debate over who is more powerful,the most powerful person in DC or the most powerful in Marvel who was but a pawn to TOAA then TOAA is,as they say,ABOVE ALL!Why do you think he NEEDED help with anything.To destroy a universe he gets a box of pencils and starts erasing...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Really you think there is something TOAA can't do himself?...If there is debate over who is more powerful,the most powerful person in DC or the most powerful in Marvel who was but a pawn to TOAA then TOAA is,as they say,ABOVE ALL!Why do you think he NEEDED help with anything.To destroy a universe he gets a box of pencils and starts erasing... That's why Thanos was needed because TOAA could not do so otherwise why would he be needed?

In this story the writer needed Thanos because the writer chose it so. Ridiculous I know but the writer created a problem Thanos needed to solve for him. Bringing writers into debates is foolish anyways.

Blanket
That isn't everything is it? I fail to see your point. We have a direct line stating the presence consists of everything when someone wanted to go after the presence so why ignore it? I mean wow bran you should be better than this. Because I know none of the context behind this statement, and you can't even tell me what story it's from.

no expression

Black bolt z
That's why Thanos was needed because TOAA could not do so otherwise why would he be needed?

In this story the writer needed Thanos because the writer chose it so. Ridiculous I know but the writer created a problem Thanos needed to solve for him. Bringing writers into debates is foolish anyways. The writer wouldn't have had a problem unless the writer chose to WRITE a problem...if he created the problem he could have erased it and wouldn't have needed thanos for anything.

I do however agree no more talking about TOAA.No one in marvel,DC or any comic can beat him...NO not even squirrel girl and the batkcik combined!

quanchi112
Because I know none of the context behind this statement, and you can't even tell me what story it's from.

no expression I told you it was from paradise lost after I thought about it. I am correct and hadn't read it in a while. You seem to want to ignore the fact Asmodel couldn't get to him but Thanos can. this is one of the simplest debates out there.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
The writer wouldn't have had a problem unless the writer chose to WRITE a problem...if he created the problem he could have erased it and wouldn't have needed thanos for anything.

I do however agree no more talking about TOAA.No one in marvel,DC or any comic can beat him...NO not even squirrel girl and the batkcik combined! Again the writer chose to make a rock big enough he couldn't lift it so to speak. Like I said you cannot even grasp this simple truth behind the story.

Writers do have no place in comic book vs battles.

Blanket
I told you it was from paradise lost after I thought about it. I am correct and hadn't read it in a while. You seem to want to ignore the fact Asmodel couldn't get to him but Thanos can. this is one of the simplest debates out there. Issue, scans, issue?

quanchi112
Issue, scans, issue? I said paradise lost. It's a three issue limited series. You are such a noob right now. I also sai dI don't have them anymore as I lost my hard drive.

Blanket
I said paradise lost. It's a three issue limited series. You are such a noob right now. I also sai dI don't have them anymore as I lost my hard drive. I'm not searching through three issues for most likely an off hand comment.

quanchi112
I'm not searching through three issues for most likely an off hand comment. It was th emain point of the arc at the end. Neron duped him for his soul the entire time as they already learned this ages ago. You can't beat the presence as he is in everything so asmodel was running a fool's errand. he got duped and later struck back through the Spectre.

Blanket
Sounds like you're making something out of nothing tbh.

Black bolt z
Hey I just noticed!!!:Quan changed his sig!

quanchi112
Sounds like you're making something out of nothing tbh. Says the guy who didn't read the comic and tried to talk his way out of something you didn't read. Don't worry bran it happens to most of those who face off against quan in combat.

Blanket
I never tried to talk my way out of it. I tried to talk you into providing proof. smile

Again the writer chose to make a rock big enough he couldn't lift it so to speak. Does that mean he isn't omnipotent?

Black bolt z
Don't worry bran it happens to most of those who face off against quan in combat. You mean they puke then slip on it and crack their head?

quanchi112
I never tried to talk my way out of it. I tried to talk you into providing proof. smile

Does that mean he isn't omnipotent? I told you I didn't have the scan from the beginning.

No.

Blanket
I told you I didn't have the scan from the beginning.

No. Acting like a stuck up prick to people who would like to see proof of what you're talking about is not a way to go about things.

But that's one of the main questions of omnipotence.

quanchi112
Acting like a stuck up prick to people who would like to see proof of what you're talking about is not a way to go about things.

But that's one of the main questions of omnipotence. I am not acting like a prick I am saying I don't have the scans. I haven't got them anymore but I've had this argument before and have put them up many times. It isn't my intention on acting stuck up.

Whether or not any of these characters are truly omnipotent is irrelevant in a versus battle. Thanos has the goods to win it.

Nihilist
Presence wins

Xplosive
Stalemate.

Think of the Heart as TOAA's hand. TOAA was allowing Thanos to use His 'hand' to get him to eventually correct the flaw (himself). There wasn't a single moment where Thanos was any kind of threat to TOAA.

Right, but isnt't this pretty much what I said?

This is a shred thread where their powers work in a combined reality. Thanos absorbs the presence and does so quite easily.

Again, Thanos needed to do something the TOAA could not do himself which really has nothing to do with Thanos absorbing the dcu here.

In a a reality where they can both use their powers, than as they are both omnipotent they would cancel each other out. There is nothing thanos with thotu can do, that the presence can't, assuming allankles theory of the presence as the primal monitor itself.

So thanos will still not absorbe him, just as he wouldnt absorb the marvel omniverse without TOAA's consent.

Tattoos N Scars
Anyone who believes this is other than a stalemate is company biased. If Thanos wins(as Quan suggests), then that means the TOAA>Presence...and that Marvel>DC. That simply is not so!!

Stalemate!!!

Anyone who believes this is other than a stalemate is company biased. If Thanos wins(as Quan suggests), then that means the TOAA>Presence...and that Marvel>DC. That simply is not so!!

Stalemate!!!

Some people think the presence is not truly omnipotent, only the primal monitor is, and they are separate entities, although I think the whole finaol crisis thing is very confusing and inconsistant. This isn't what people are claiming here though.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by 753
Some people think the presence is not truly omnipotent, only the primal monitor is, and they are separate entities, although I think the whole finaol crisis thing is very confusing and inconsistant. This isn't what people are claiming here though.

I understand what you're saying, but the Primal Monitor hasn't displayed ALL the traits of being a Supreme Being. He wasn't Omniscient. He somehow managed to DISCOVER a germ..that was the DC multiverse. He then proceeded to send a monitor to investigate. A truly ALL knowing Being shouldn't imply the notion of discovering anything. If the PM was truly Supreme, it would already KNOW EVERYTHING...including any GERM.

I understand what you're saying, but the Primal Monitor hasn't displayed ALL the traits of being a Supreme Being. He wasn't Omniscient. He somehow managed to DISCOVER a germ..that was the DC multiverse. He then proceeded to send a monitor to investigate. A truly ALL knowing Being shouldn't imply the notion of discovering anything. If the PM was truly Supreme, it would already KNOW EVERYTHING...including any GERM.

my problem with it exactly, but it's also a problem if we think the presence is the mind of the PM like morrison said in an interview

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
The way I see it they're different faces of the same entity along with the Source and maybe Rama Kushna.

Xplosive
The most idiotic is when someone say the other stomps the other one in such battle like this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.