God Blast vs. Omega Effect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
100% Maxed output of Power in a head on collision, What would happened? Or which would over power the other?

Galan007
The Godblast harmed a hungry Galactus. A hungry Galactus tanked the Omega Effect. Therefore, the Godblast is superior.

biscuits

Omega Vision
Omega Effect moves past the Godblast because it isn't a conventional energy attack and can move through dimensions.

quanchi112
God blast is much more potent imo. Hv can counter the oe.

Harbinger
At it's best, I'd say the OE. DS firing it back in the day= your ass was grass.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hv can counter the oe.
At this point I could explain exactly why you're wrong, stupid, and baseless but you're not going to change your position so I'm going to ignore everything you say in this thread, including your response. Just to let you know.

Harbinger
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click

Best. Words. Ever.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
At this point I could explain exactly why you're wrong, stupid, and baseless but you're not going to change your position so I'm going to ignore everything you say in this thread, including your response. Just to let you know. You can continue to ignore the instances of the hv flat out denying it and the writer deeming it canon but then again you deny, deny, deny. Face the facts.

Omega Vision
Hey guys, I don't think anyone's talking right now but I thought I heard something that reminded me of the time when some schmuck tried to deny the canonicity of the Squirrel Girl-Thanos incident.

Galan007
To be fair, HV never blocked/redirected the OE 'at it's best'. It's blocked the more current beams, sure. But the classic (and most powerful) OE was a whole different beast.

quanchi112
Hey guys, I don't think anyone's talking right now but I thought I heard something that reminded me of the time when some schmuck tried to deny the canonicity of the Squirrel Girl-Thanos incident. So you deny the point I made which is canon and then brought something up off topic to bait me?

Originally posted by Galan007
To be fair, HV never blocked/redirected the OE 'at it's best'. It's blocked the more current beams, sure. But the classic (and most powerful) OE was a whole different beast. What do you mean at its best? The oe isn't written as automatic anymore so it's best is clearly in the past and not recognized as unbeatable as it used to be.

Omega Vision
To be fair, HV never blocked/redirected the OE 'at it's best'. It's blocked the more current beams, sure. But the classic (and most powerful) OE was a whole different beast.
Given Darkseid's nature and prior history you're left with three interpretations:

1) Darkseid has for some reason grown weaker

2) Darkseid is still just as strong as ever but for some reason isn't really trying very hard

3) Pretty much everyone who's written him in the last fifteen years is a hack who has no respect for his original power level.

I side with the third personally.

Endless Mike
That was a Darkseid avatar, was it not? And that was just the beams, not the Effect.

Galan007
What do you mean at its best? The oe isn't written as automatic anymore so it's best is clearly in the past and not recognized as unbeatable as it used to be. The OE was portrayed at it's best in the classic/pre-crisis era. Back then there was really no counter to it - it almost never failed. But in more recent times the OE has been watered down to the point where numerous things have blocked it.

So it all depends which 'portrayal' of the OE is being used here: classic, or current.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That was a Darkseid avatar, was it not? And that was just the beams, not the Effect. In apokolips now I am pretty sure they used the words omega effect.

Knowsbleed33
God Blast.

Omega Vision
That was a Darkseid avatar, was it not? And that was just the beams, not the Effect.
There is no difference between the Omega Effect, Omega Force, and Omega Beams. What most, including Quan don't understand is that the OE isn't actually the beams themselves, those are merely "Finder Beams" which in PC times never missed. Once the finder beams reach their target the Omega Effect proper is triggered. At least that's how Kirby did it. So heat vision getting in the way of the finder beams shows that the writer had no idea WTF he was talking about and was writing the OE as if it was just an optic blast of some sort.

Starscream M
omega effect is more versatile and faster

godblast is more powerful in terms of raw power

galactusischere
GB easily.

h1a8
The OE can be blocked by other beams, some shields, etc. But it's destroying power (infinite) is greater than the Godblast.

Those who are essential to reality can not be erased by the OE. That is probably why Galactus didn't get harmed (or he used a shield to block it) even though the comic wasn't canon.

But DS using the best of his abilities can make the OE travel through time, space, and dimensions to its target. That means it will hit its victim no matter what and nothing can stop it.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
omega effect is more versatile and faster

godblast is more powerful in terms of raw power This

kgkg

Endless Mike
Well it got blocked by the Astro Force which is also part of the Source.

Wild Shadow
current OE is a joke... thor blast past it to DS face for the win.

Tattoos N Scars
Juggs could tank the godblast. Written to its true potential, the OE should erase Juggs from existence. So, I'll go with the OE.

Blanket
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Juggs could tank the godblast. Written to its true potential, the OE should erase Juggs from existence. So, I'll go with the OE. No it couldn't.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Blanket
No it couldn't.

If it could erase Kalibak and a host of other beings, then I bet it could do the same to Juggernaut.

Blanket
If it could erase Kalibak and a host of other beings, then I bet it could do the same to Juggernaut. He killed Kalibak, he didn't erase him from existence.

And Kalibak is anything but comparable to Juggernaut.

Knowsbleed33
Juggs could tank the godblast. Written to its true potential, the OE should erase Juggs from existence. So, I'll go with the OE.

The GB gave pause to one of the most powerful Celestials. I very much doubt the OE could do this.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
The GB gave pause to one of the most powerful Celestials. I very much doubt the OE could do this.

Correction, it only broke his armor which he really didn't care about since it only was physical shell and didn't harm his true being.

Blanket
Correction, it only broke his armor which he really didn't care about since it only was physical shell and didn't harm his true being. It broke the hardest part of his 'armor' inside his head.
Had it gone any farther, it would have hit his 'brain'.

And yes, it did give pause to him.

Knowsbleed33
Correction, it only broke his armor which he really didn't care about since it only was physical shell and didn't harm his true being.

It blew a hole in the protective dome around his brain.

quanchi112
Juggs could tank the godblast. Written to its true potential, the OE should erase Juggs from existence. So, I'll go with the OE. Juggs didn't take the most powerful blast first off. Secondly, Juggs is known for his durability and comparing him to Kalibak is laughable.

h1a8

JakeTheBank
I think WW's bracers blocking the OE is more of a feat for the bracers itself than a strike against the OE. The bracers coupled with the Aegis effect is one of the more powerful defensive shields/blocks in comics.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Good point. Well, I never seen it shielded other than WW's bracers. Being blocked by energy is ok because energy on energy doesn't follow the same rules as matter on matter collisions.

The OE probably doesn't have infinite destructive power. Let's just say that only those who are essential and WW's bracers can not be destroyed by the OE. Maybe WW's bracers uses magic to bounce back attacks instead of actually being very durable. This could explain a lot.

I don't think the Godblast could erase almost any physical being in existence like the OE can. Hell the Godblast will fail to most (if not all) beings above high herald. The OE won't. The oe/ob failed against superman's hv and against DD. Godblast would not.

Desaad
They're especially great against energy. Diana blocked a blast from the entire Greek Pantheon COMBINED.

h1a8
The oe/ob failed against superman's hv and against DD. Godblast would not. energy on energy contact doesn't follow the same rules as matter on matter collisions. Thus it is acceptable for any energy beam (no matter how weak) to block any other energy beam (no matter how powerful). Godblast wouldn't do anything to DD either.

BattleMage
Hmmm. Interesting opinions.

Allankles
The OE erases beings from existence, the God Blast on the other hand is a powerful concussive force. The OE is more potent.

Xplosive
At its best, OE. Currently GB.

Tattoos N Scars
Juggs didn't take the most powerful blast first off. Secondly, Juggs is known for his durability and comparing him to Kalibak is laughable.

Read the Darkseid respect thread...he's erased countless individuals from existence with either the OE..or by simply touching them.

Durability means squat with the OE...the blast's only purpose is oblivion. If Darkseid can destroy new gods and pre-crisis daxamites with it...yes, he can destroy Juggernaut with it. Hell, Galactus was in the process of being erased, but he was one of the few beings powerful enough to resist.

carver9
The god blast and Juggernaut can tank Darkseid blast. This is the same guy that took the combine might of all of the exemplers without a scratch. Yeah, he can tank it.

Didnt he tank a blast from Stranger?

Doctor-Alvis
Those exemplars were pretty crappy.

-Pr-
OE.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by carver9
The god blast and Juggernaut can tank Darkseid blast. This is the same guy that took the combine might of all of the exemplers without a scratch. Yeah, he can tank it.

Didnt he tank a blast from Stranger?

The OE wasn't meant to be a BLUNT force of power for a being to TANK. It was meant to eradicate life from existence upon contact. The OE and the Godblast serve two entirely different puproses.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

No they weren't.

quanchi112
Read the Darkseid respect thread...he's erased countless individuals from existence with either the OE..or by simply touching them.

Durability means squat with the OE...the blast's only purpose is oblivion. If Darkseid can destroy new gods and pre-crisis daxamites with it...yes, he can destroy Juggernaut with it. Hell, Galactus was in the process of being erased, but he was one of the few beings powerful enough to resist. Like who? Give me some examples because it sure didn't take out DD.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
energy on energy contact doesn't follow the same rules as matter on matter collisions. Thus it is acceptable for any energy beam (no matter how weak) to block any other energy beam (no matter how powerful). Godblast wouldn't do anything to DD either. I think it would kill him. It's affected far more powerful beings than DD.

Enyalus
The Godblast harmed a hungry Galactus. A hungry Galactus tanked the Omega Effect. Therefore, the Godblast is superior.

biscuits
Although you were joking, it's still pretty convincing given the fact that it was a) published by DC Comics and b) written by the writer of the New Gods series, ergo I'd assume he knows what he's talking about.

Godblast is more powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
Although you were joking, it's still pretty convincing given the fact that it was a) published by DC Comics and b) written by the writer of the New Gods series, ergo I'd assume he knows what he's talking about.

Godblast is more powerful. Seeing as how it has affected a weakened Galactus and destroyed his own hammer against a Celestial I'd say it's safe to say so.

carver9

confused It was stated that all of them were equal in power as Thor.

Gecko4lif
Given Darkseid's nature and prior history you're left with three interpretations:

1) Darkseid has for some reason grown weaker

2) Darkseid is still just as strong as ever but for some reason isn't really trying very hard

3) Pretty much everyone who's written him in the last fifteen years is a hack who has no respect for his original power level.

I side with the third personally.

It is a combination of 1 and 3

he has grown weaker on 2 separate occasions and acknowledged so on panel

but not as weak as the hack writers portrait him

Doctor-Alvis
No they weren't.
Yeah they were. The melee ones were. And the fire one didn't seem too impressive. Bedlam and Stonecutter were pretty cool though.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Blanket
It broke the hardest part of his 'armor' inside his head.
Had it gone any farther, it would have hit his 'brain'.

And yes, it did give pause to him.

It's not a physical brain like you and I had. When Thor went inside of the opening he found the whole place warped in different dimensions and stuff from different time and space areas. This is what was referred to in Nova as the "Continuum Cortex". It's not something a purely physical attack could really affect when active.

Prep-Man
OE for me. I'd rather have versatility than just pure force.

Knowsbleed33
Yeah they were. The melee ones were. And the fire one didn't seem too impressive. Bedlam and Stonecutter were pretty cool though.

All of them were able to make a fight of it with Juggernaut in that story. The same Juggernaut that nearly killed Thor.

Doctor-Alvis
All of them were able to make a fight of it with Juggernaut in that story. The same Juggernaut that nearly killed Thor.
Juggernaut's a mook, that's why. For as cool as he is, he's an idiot. Thor is pretty stupid too, also for as awesome as he is, oddly. Give a solid MA user some magical weapons and they'd make fights with Juggernaut too. If Wolverine and/or Spider-man had magic weapons and they'd have 7/8ths of the planet as sanctioned Juggernaut fight zones.

Knowsbleed33
Yeah, nothing you just said made any sense.

Doctor-Alvis
No need to be spiteful over it. Anyone who is faster or has more mobility than Juggernaut will give him issues. Just ask Spider-man, who accomplished more without the luxury of being the avatar of a demon.

Knowsbleed33
Spider-Man accomplished what exactly?

Also, who's being spiteful? I'm saying you need to make more of an effort.

Doctor-Alvis
Spider-man accomplished not being defeated by Juggernaut.

It appears you're being spiteful. By making Juggernaut's opponents seem less dangerous it's somehow an insult to Juggernaut and I think we all know how big of a Juggernaut fan you are, but c'mon, one of them was like a magic version of Sabertooth and another one was a magical Human Torch. Big whoop.

Knowsbleed33
One mind-raped Juggernaut through his helmet, one ccut him up with her sword, another slugged it out with him to the point they were causing the hills in the area to collapse.

The "magic version of Sabertooth" you referred to kicked Iron Mans ass.

The fact that any of these guys could give a guy who shit-stomped Thor and nearly killed him speaks enough. Unless, of course, you believe Thor isn't that powerful?

geshien
Originally posted by Xplosive
At its best, OE. Currently GB.

Doctor-Alvis
One mind-raped Juggernaut through his helmet, one ccut him up with her sword, another slugged it out with him to the point they were causing the hills in the area to collapse.

The "magic version of Sabertooth" you referred to kicked Iron Mans ass.

The fact that any of these guys could give a guy who shit-stomped Thor and nearly killed him speaks enough. Unless, of course, you believe Thor isn't that powerful?
The chick and Carnivore didn't do much. The lady beat on Juggernauts pressure points a little with a club and Carnivore scratched at his face some but he ended up beating them both in like a page. Hardly giving him trouble. Carnivore was even floored by a pistol shot when he was fighting Iron Man, who didn't have a whole lot of issues with him. No ass kicking involved. As a team, they did amiably I suppose, but overall they were pretty crappy.

Thor is pretty powerful, but not around bricks, as most of us know, when he seems to forget most of his powers.

Knowsbleed33
Carnivore kicked Iron Man around with ease.

You keep bringing up how they did against the Juggernaut. That's not really the issue.

Doctor-Alvis
Carnivore kicked Iron Man around with ease.

You keep bringing up how they did against the Juggernaut. That's not really the issue.
Well, you brought how "well" they did against Juggernaut and how well Juggernaut does against Thor.

And he didn't. They barely fought and all he did was: 1) Flip Iron Man who had him in a full nelson, and 2) Grab Iron Man through the wall like a horror movie villain. Iron Man got him in the full nelson and knocked his ass through two walls, once with a repulsor blast and once via boot aided tackle. The fight ended after that.

Stonecutter kicked Iron Man's ass with ease.

Knowsbleed33
Carnivore was throwing Iron man around. Not bad for a "magic version of Sabertooth".

Doctor-Alvis
If you mean his literal ability to throw Iron Man, I guess it was pretty amiable. Personally, I don't think it makes up for the number of walls he got shot through. And getting knocked down by a pistol shot. It's pretty much exactly what I'd expect to be done by and happen to Sabretooth in the early 90's.

And I do realize by mentioning Sabretooth I may be summoning Wolverine fans in to defend him.

Knowsbleed33
Nothing Iron man did had any affect on him.

Doctor-Alvis
Nothing Iron man did had any affect on him.
That went both ways. But if I was a UFC judge I'd have to give it to Iron Man for the initiative and the big take down at the end.

Knowsbleed33
He didn't take him down, why are your conclusions always wrong?

All Iron man did was blast him once and then fly at him which sent him through a wall. It had no affect on Carnivore. In fact, Iron Man was saved by the arrival of Thor.

Doctor-Alvis
Ehh... Allow me to translate myself. The take down is just slang for knocking him over, which he did.

Carnivore did as little to Iron Man as Iron Man did to Carnivore due to their short fight. When Thor showed up he was saving Iron Man from three Exemplars, not just Carnivore. Even with low power, Iron Man was confident he could have handled Carnivore, which seemed really plausible considering after the full nelson counter, Carnivore was doing nothing that would be considered a threat to Iron Man.

Knowsbleed33
He wasn't saving them from all three. They conceded the kill to Carnivore.

Iron Man was saved by Thor's arrival.

Doctor-Alvis
Iron Man would of whomped him, solo, but those guys are jerks. You can't deny there was a high chance of them going after him too. They were in such a hurry to get their war going they wanted to start killing each other before they could get their crap together.

Though on the other hand I suppose letting Carnivore get his face caved in would have taken one out of the running, which would have been equally in character.

Either way, Iron Man was doing just fine against just Carnivore.

Knowsbleed33
Iron Man was no where near making an impact on Carnivore. He was completely unfazed by everything Iron Man did.

Doctor-Alvis
Iron Man was no where near making an impact on Carnivore. He was completely unfazed by everything Iron Man did.
It was only a matter of time. If all it took was a single headbutt from Juggernaut to knock him out I think a good right cross from Iron Man would have done the trick quite handily.

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iron Man.

You think Iron Man would've won because he says "I think I can handle Carnivore?"

Doctor-Alvis
I think he would have beaten Carnivore because, while he may have been a great hunter, though we never actually see him hunt, he didn't seem to be a great fighter. If a single headbutt from Juggernaut was enough to phase him, repeated punches to the face and repulsors blasts from Iron Man would have rocked him, which I have no doubt would have happened due to Carnivore's unimpressive hand to hand showings. And if Iron Man didn't have power issues to cry about, or that Dr. Zaius looking guy to look after, it would have undoubtedly been a lot worse for Carnivore.

Knowsbleed33
Unimpressive hand to hand showings against who?

Juggernaut, again?

Doctor-Alvis
And Iron Man. He really didn't do much. He was probably the weakest of all the Exemplars and pretty redundant with the one chick, Conquest being there.

Knowsbleed33
He literally JUST turned into Carnivore like 1 page before that. What the hell did you expect?

Just concede that you don't like the Juggernaut for no good reason since your knowledge of the character is lacking.

Doctor-Alvis
Don't like Juggernaut? My X-Men legends teams, modded copy of Freedom Force, and excessive post count for Juggernaut in the insanely long and ancient Hulk vs Juggernaut thread would respectfully disagree. Some of you guys are making it hard though.

He didn't have much going on throughout his appearances either. He mostly just stood there when the people with beams shot them at people or tackled the little guys when he needed to.

Knowsbleed33
Don't like Juggernaut? My X-Men legends teams, modded copy of Freedom Force, and excessive post count for Juggernaut in the insanely long and ancient Hulk vs Juggernaut thread would respectfully disagree. Some of you guys are making it hard though.

ooooooo video games. Yeah, you're a real fan.

GTFO here.

-Pr-
ooooooo video games. Yeah, you're a real fan.

GTFO here.

stop. show some courtesy.

leonidas
think i'd take the OE.

OneDumbG0
Juggs could tank the godblast. Written to its true potential, the OE should erase Juggs from existence. So, I'll go with the OE. I think a middle ground is more likely. Juggs ain't immune, but he wouldn't be disintegrated. He would be BFR'ed via the Omega Sanction. Juggs has been forcibly teleported before against his will. Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Those exemplars were pretty crappy. Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
No they weren't. Three Exemplars shredded the hell out of Juggernaut in a way that hasn't been matched since. They were anything but "crappy." They only lost due to the power of Cap's jobber aura via speechification.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Three Exemplars shredded the hell out of Juggernaut in a way that hasn't been matched since.
How so? Because he didn't seem to have trouble with any of them except Bedlam, and that's mostly because his helmet was either off or wasn't doing it's job. Even Xavier was able to pierce Juggernaut's helmet in that story. Not selling Xavier short, just saying that the helmet didn't do much.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by -Pr-
stop. show some courtesy.

Aye Captain.

OneDumbG0
How so? Because he didn't seem to have trouble with any of them except Bedlam, and that's mostly because his helmet was either off or wasn't doing it's job. Even Xavier was able to pierce Juggernaut's helmet in that story. Not selling Xavier short, just saying that the helmet didn't do much. Three of them literally shredded the crap out of him when they kidnapped him. The Thor issue maybe?

Knowsbleed33
How so? Because he didn't seem to have trouble with any of them except Bedlam, and that's mostly because his helmet was either off or wasn't doing it's job. Even Xavier was able to pierce Juggernaut's helmet in that story. Not selling Xavier short, just saying that the helmet didn't do much.

He's talking about the 9th day saga, but Juggernaut was no longer working at 8th Day levels at that point.

Doctor-Alvis
Three of them literally shredded the crap out of him when they kidnapped him. The Thor issue maybe?
When they kidnap him they blow his helmet off and mind blast him. Granted, they use a lot of firepower on him but that's exactly how Juggernaut gets beaten a lot of the time. It sounds like there's this thing going around where people think Conquest and Carnivore ripped him to pieces but they didn't. Conquest didn't even use a bladed weapon on him.

OneDumbG0
^ They shredded him. It was not pretty and I'm unaware of any other foe (other than off-panel Onslaught) that's accomplished that feat to that extent.

Doctor-Alvis
^ They shredded him. It was not pretty and I'm unaware of any other foe (other than off-panel Onslaught) that's accomplished that feat to that extent.
You mean when Inferno, Stonecutter, and Bedlam shot him?

OneDumbG0
^ Don't have the comic in front of me. Their names are pretty forgettable, but I do know Bedlam was there. Do you have scans?

Knowsbleed33
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Durability/9th%20Day/Avengers_vol-3_24_21-1.jpg

This one? He's far from shredded there.

Doctor-Alvis
Yeah, he's in pretty good shape when they're holding him up like a page later.

OneDumbG0
Yeah. Not sure why I remembered it that way.

Still... never saw Juggs taken down so quickly or decisively.

And "good shape" is a relative term. He was KTFO.

Knowsbleed33
TP usually has that affect on him.

Doctor-Alvis
Well, other than that. He wasn't scratched up or anything. Those three were probably the most dangerous of the team. They were really dragged down by the other three. Oh, and their lack of team work most of the time.

OneDumbG0
Out of curiousity, how many times has he had his helmet blown off? And has it been done in two shots like that?

Knowsbleed33
it's never been blown off quite like that.

Doctor-Alvis
The one I like is when Hulk held onto the face holes of his helmet like a bowling ball and spun him around until the seal gave out. It was just a really goofy way of doing it. As goofy as Ares riding around on an empty Iron Man armor and steering with a knife.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.