Balder and Fandral vs. Silver Samurai and Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Balder the Brave and Fandral the Dashing

vs.

Silver Samurai and Wolverine.

No powers, sword play only.

Wild Shadow
it comes down to logan and fandral.. SS and logan take it... to me MA fighting is more impressive and better quality then a barbaric style broad sword fighting.

JakeTheBank
Both Fandral and Balder show more finesse and skill with swordplay instead of hacking and slashing like typical Asgardians, imo.

the ninjak
Whatever happened to Balder's Odin Enchantment allowing him to always avoid harm. I guess it's still there considering.

I'm going with the Asgardians.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by the ninjak
Whatever happened to Balder's Odin Enchantment allowing him to always avoid harm. I guess it's still there considering.

I'm going with the Asgardians.

Currently, that enchantment is gone, as Balder is very vulnerable to death outside of Asgard. Back in the day, only mistletoe could kill him. For the purposes of this thread, though, he's without said enchantment just like Logan is without his HF.

Gadabout
Lets see....Fandal and Balder have superior strength and stamina and imo after hundreds if not thousands of years of "sword play" I would think they know a bit more than stabbing and hacking....I'm choosing the gods 9/10

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Both Fandral and Balder show more finesse and skill with swordplay instead of hacking and slashing like typical Asgardians, imo. yes. but what feats do they have to properly gauge them?

Fandral usually fighting trolls and beings that dont sem anymore skilled then ur average barbarian.

Balder's melee fighting i have only seen against thor and thor isnt exactly known for as highly skilled agile fighter he is a brawler...

these god's need to face some main stream skilled hero/villain in order to properly gauge and access their fighting skills..

this fight is basically viking vs ninja/samurai

Endless Mike
Balder blitzes at lightspeed

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Balder blitzes at lightspeed did you read the OP?

no powers just skills.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
did you read the OP?

no powers just skills.

I was joking stick out tongue

SevenShackles
Balder all the way guy has style in his swordstyle. He pwns them then his partner

Battlehammer
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Balder all the way guy has style in his swordstyle. He pwns them then his partner
you mean the style of sword play which is inferior to Bushido? as are the type of swords he uses are also inferior?

JakeTheBank
bump

celeyhyga17
gods win.

srankmissingnin
Ouch. Wolverine and Samurai stomp in a powers off skill vs skill match. Hardly even fair.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
yes. but what feats do they have to properly gauge them?

Fandral usually fighting trolls and beings that dont sem anymore skilled then ur average barbarian.

Balder's melee fighting i have only seen against thor and thor isnt exactly known for as highly skilled agile fighter he is a brawler...

these god's need to face some main stream skilled hero/villain in order to properly gauge and access their fighting skills..

this fight is basically viking vs ninja/samurai Balder beat a skilled swordsman who was using the Sword of Frey. An enchanted sword which literally fights on its own and acts as a perfect defense and cuts through any defense. Balder is faster and, if anything, outlasts either of his opponents with his godly stamina. Similar argument to a lesser extent can be made for Fandral. Originally posted by Battlehammer
you mean the style of sword play which is inferior to Bushido? as are the type of swords he uses are also inferior? Bushido isn't a fighting style.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^I think that will suffice for now.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Battlehammer
you mean the style of sword play which is inferior to Bushido? as are the type of swords he uses are also inferior? you mean kenjutsu

it's the reason samurai's real name is "ken"oichio (ken = sword), it's a play on words.

Wild Shadow
no powers !! read the OP..

OneDumbG0
^ We are. Nobody here is relying on any of Balder's superpowers.

Wild Shadow
wolverine fought spiderwoman who was in possession of the black blade sword of muramasa.. it possessed the fighting skills of one of the worlds greatest swordsmen and possess ppl as well granting them exceptional physical abilities..

logan won... shifty

OneDumbG0
^ You mean Wolverine won -- by taking advantage of his healing factor and that the Black Muramasa couldn't cut through his adamantium laced skeleton (when Jessica connected multiple times) -- but not through his actual skill? When this thread is about skill?

Another winner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.