Nekron vs Oblivion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Thought Geoff's quote was interesting.

Which abstract wins?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Which abstract wins? if that quote is true than its a stalemate.

galactusischere
What colossus said.

Prep-Man
Check the DC news panel today. It's in there. I knew they were basically the same thing.

galactusischere
So..does that make Nekron more powerful than the Anti-Monitor?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
So..does that make Nekron more powerful than the Anti-Monitor?
He is certainly>>SCW AM for what its worth.

Mindset
Geoff is an idiot, so Oblivion wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Mindset
Geoff is an idiot, so Oblivion wins. How?

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He is certainly>>SCW AM for what its worth. thumb up

The fact that a weakened Nekron was able to block the newly resurrected AM's blast, then go on to one-shot BFR him as though he were a minor inconvenience, is a further testament to the power at his disposal.

Mindset
Originally posted by Black bolt z
How? I don't know, it could be genetic, maybe environmental.

Black bolt z
I don't know, it could be genetic, maybe environmental. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Mindset
Is that morse code?

Are you a cub scout?

Black bolt z
Is that morse code?

Are you a cub scout? Not that would be more like
--...-..---...-..-.---.-.-..-..-..-..----..-...----....-.-.-..-

All I know is SOS which is:---...---

galactusischere
He is certainly>>SCW AM for what its worth.

What about dawn of time AM?

Galan007
What about dawn of time AM? There are very few characters on par with that version of AM -- Nekron isn't one of them.

Omega Vision
What about dawn of time AM?
Probably AM though I don't think AM could actually destroy Nekron for good.

galactusischere
So AM IYOs can defeat Nekron, but how would he even begin to hurt/damage Oblivion? I mean he could always destroy but that would only make big O more powerful and increase his domain.

Galan007
If you're making this a durability contest, do tell how Nekron would be able to harm/destroy COIE AM?

galactusischere
That's what I'm trying to prove, Oblivion and Nekron aren't equals. As for your question, Nekron wouldn't be able to harm the AM at his prime.

Galan007
As for your question, Nekron wouldn't be able to harm the AM at his prime. Good man. thumb up

galactusischere
But would AM be able to hurt Oblivion or Nekron IYO?

Black bolt z
Why do people think you can't kill oblivion?

galactusischere
Because he is nothingness, How can you begin to harm/hurt nothingness? You can always try to create, but Oblivion would always be there.

quanchi112
Probably AM though I don't think AM could actually destroy Nekron for good. You don't have to to win these threads so what does it matter?

Colossus-Big C
it would take an omnipotent being like hoti thanos, and he would have to absorb oblivion into himself.
i also think a vast reality warper like mxy can rewrite logic somehow and make it so that there is no oblivion.
the un can reset/restart oblivion.
bca galactus can probably absorb oblivion
thats about it, it cant be destroyed

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

The fact that a weakened Nekron was able to block the newly resurrected AM's blast, then go on to one-shot BFR him as though he were a minor inconvenience, is a further testament to the power at his disposal.

Yeah, he blocked it with his entire body as I recalled. smile

TheTyrant
Oblivion IS the void. He automatically wins.

Black bolt z
Because he is nothingness, How can you begin to harm/hurt nothingness? You can always try to create, but Oblivion would always be there. So you can't kill death or oblivion?Beyonder killed death so why couldn't someone else powerful kill oblivion?

TheTyrant
So you can't kill death or oblivion?Beyonder killed death so why couldn't someone else powerful kill oblivion?

Beyonder was omnipotent. He would easily kill Oblivion too.

Knowsbleed33
Oblivion

amnesia
Because he is nothingness, How can you begin to harm/hurt nothingness? You can always try to create, but Oblivion would always be there.

Nothingness exists.

Prep-Man
You can't really destroy Nekron, so it's probably a stalemate. Unless you can give reasons on how Oblivion can harm something that isn't alive.

quanchi112
You can't really destroy Nekron, so it's probably a stalemate. Unless you can give reasons on how Oblivion can harm something that isn't alive. You can destroy Nekron's body though effectively winning the thread. Just like you can't destroy Mxy for all time but you can beat him you should know the difference by now.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
You can destroy Nekron's body though effectively winning the thread. Just like you can't destroy Mxy for all time but you can beat him you should know the difference by now.
Or how you Superman can defeat Sentry without killing him permanently. biscuits

the ninjak
The rule shouldn't exist if the character can come back in a few secs.

But no skin off my back.

Prep-Man
You can destroy Nekron's body though effectively winning the thread. Just like you can't destroy Mxy for all time but you can beat him you should know the difference by now.

Only for a sec. Kinda like Sentry.

quanchi112
Or how you Superman can defeat Sentry without killing him permanently. biscuits Sentry can refrom on his own Nekron needs another body. Big diff there.Originally posted by Prep-Man
Only for a sec. Kinda like Sentry. He needs another body whereas the Sentry doesn't.

Prep-Man
It wouldn't matter. Coming back is coming back.

quanchi112
It wouldn't matter. Coming back is coming back. If another body is needed then he loses the matchup. If you come back in ten minutes it's not the same as 3 seconds later in a forum matchup.

-Pr-
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Yeah, he blocked it with his entire body as I recalled. smile

Easily Tanking > Blocking.

kevdude

Which abstract wins?

Prob a stalemate. I just hope Geoff stays away from Vertigo and The Endless, he has no idea what they are, Neil made them perfectly for the jobs they do (and for what they are)!

Survivor19
Stalemate? Pffft
What Nekron can do to Oblivion? Cut him with a styche?
Also, what would Nekron do once all his possible host bodies are destroyed, hmm?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Survivor19
Stalemate? Pffft
What Nekron can do to Oblivion? Cut him with a styche?
Also, what would Nekron do once all his possible host bodies are destroyed, hmm?

He doesn't really need a body. Oblivion won't be able to destroy him.

quanchi112
He doesn't really need a body. Oblivion won't be able to destroy him. Oblivion can win the thread. You don't have to physically destroy the other for all time to win here.

Prep-Man
How does he win?

quanchi112
How does he win? By destroying Nekron's body.

kevdude
And how would he do that?? They are both the same thing..

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
And how would he do that?? They are both the same thing.. We have seen it done on panel. Have we seen Oblivion's form destroyed on panel? Did we see Oblivion need another body to re enter combat?

WhiteWitchKing
We have seen it done on panel. Have we seen Oblivion's form destroyed on panel? Did we see Oblivion need another body to re enter combat?

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4976/ice14dz5.jpg

TheTyrant
That was his first appearence....nice.

quanchi112
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4976/ice14dz5.jpg This isn't Oblivion at his best. That's the difference I am not searching for Captain Atom's owning of him to post. I am using Nekron at his best from black night against Oblivion at his best. Quit being so biased.

CortSether
Nekron is overrated.

Mshinu
Oblivion absorbs Nekron

WhiteWitchKing
This isn't Oblivion at his best. That's the difference I am not searching for Captain Atom's owning of him to post. I am using Nekron at his best from black night against Oblivion at his best. Quit being so biased.

LOL. I'm not being biased. You asked if there was an on panel of Oblivion getting destroyed. So I gave the best example possible so quit your whining baby.

We have seen it done on panel. Have we seen Oblivion's form destroyed on panel? Did we see Oblivion need another body to re enter combat?

kevdude
LOL. I'm not being biased. You asked if there was an on panel of Oblivion getting destroyed. So I gave the best example possible so quit your whining baby.

Agreed, now that you show it happening he can't take it. Btw Quan the only reason WL Sinestro got as close to Nekron as he did was because of the Entity he was merged with, Oblivion is nothing like the Entity. eek!

quanchi112
LOL. I'm not being biased. You asked if there was an on panel of Oblivion getting destroyed. So I gave the best example possible so quit your whining baby. When was Oblivion destroyed here? I see his body is there something I am missing?Originally posted by kevdude
Agreed, now that you show it happening he can't take it. Btw Quan the only reason WL Sinestro got as close to Nekron as he did was because of the Entity he was merged with, Oblivion is nothing like the Entity. eek! Oblivion is more than Nekron imo. I don't want to fall into your trap of switching the debate.

WhiteWitchKing
When was Oblivion destroyed here? I see his body is there something I am missing? Oblivion is more than Nekron imo. I don't want to fall into your trap of switching the debate.

Yeah, I see his body too. What's your point? Oblivion was KTFO by Iceman. Do you see him getting up? No? I thought so. In other words, Oblivions can loose.

quanchi112
Yeah, I see his body too. What's your point? Oblivion was KTFO by Iceman. Do you see him getting up? No? I thought so. In other words, Oblivions can loose. So destroyed to you means ko'd? I see destroyed as being physically destroyed here like Nekron was. This also wasn't Oblivion at his best and his body was never destroyed anyways.

WhiteWitchKing
So destroyed to you means ko'd? I see destroyed as being physically destroyed here like Nekron was. This also wasn't Oblivion at his best and his body was never destroyed anyways.

Because destroying a body is what's needed to win? Wut?

Prep-Man
I'm using Nekron at his truest form. not a M body that can be destroyed. nekron in his realm.

BTW, Iceman rules!

quanchi112
Because destroying a body is what's needed to win? Wut? You seem to think a ko is the same thing as being physical destroyed. I don't know where to begin with you here.

Blanket
This isn't Oblivion at his best. That's the difference I am not searching for Captain Atom's owning of him to post. I am using Nekron at his best from black night against Oblivion at his best. Quit being so biased. What has Oblivion done?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blanket
What has Oblivion done? Capable of shattering galaxies when his avatar represented him in quasar.

Blanket
Capable of shattering galaxies when his avatar represented him in quasar. Who, Maelstrom?

The guy who was powered by the Abstract Anomaly and not Oblivion, and who planned to and take his position? Unless you have a panel where it says Oblivion gave him power...

Unless you're talking about Deathurge, but I don't remember him destroying any galaxies.

quanchi112
Who, Maelstrom?

The guy who was powered by the Abstract Anomaly and not Oblivion, and who planned to and take his position? He was upgraded to Oblivion's avatar and would have usurped him had he won that battle.

Oblivion and Infinity were evenly matched.

Blanket
He was upgraded to Oblivion's avatar and would have usurped him had he won that battle.

Oblivion and Infinity were evenly matched. He served Oblivion. I don't remember where it was stated that he was empowered by him...

Especially when he was empowered by what he thought was Anomaly's full power.

Survivor19
What are nekron's feats in his true form?..
I was under impression he needs a body to fully utilise his powers...

Blanket
Originally posted by Survivor19
What are nekron's feats in his true form?..
I was under impression he needs a body to fully utilise his powers... Everyone just assumes that he has a higher power... but it's more likely he just doesn't have the same weaknesses as he was shown to have.

Well, not in his own realm. But in the main Earth he does.

Survivor19
In fact, i am at loss how they fight. Or what reason they could possibly have to fight.

On unrelated note, i find it really funny, then, while DC Big Cosmic Threat is gream reaper wanting to extinguish all life, in Marvel Universe the big enemy is life-overrun universe, and Avatar (s) of Death are heroes.

quanchi112
He served Oblivion. I don't remember where it was stated that he was empowered by him...

Especially when he was empowered by what he thought was Anomaly's full power. They were two abstracts who were equal using avatars to decide the battle for them.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4976/ice14dz5.jpg

I would however say this is beyond spiderman vs firelord. Even those avatars he uses to interact with characters inside infinity/eternity should be ridiculously more powerfull than gods, let alone be KOed by a snow avalanche.

When thanos absorbed the omniverse, oblivion wasn't among the abstracts show on panel to be taken within him and I'm pretty sure the nothingness thanos was standing arround afterwards was by definition oblivion itself. Destroying him is simply unimaginable.

As for this fight, this is likely a stalemate, although if nekrom really is empty space, then maybe oblivion could eventually absorb him, as space itself will collapase into nothingness in the MU.

Blanket
They were two abstracts who were equal using avatars to decide the battle for them. Nice.

Time to update the ignore list.

Colossus-Big C
is nekron empty space or nothingness?
empty space still has the fabric of reality while the other is the absence of reality altoghther .
imo though it should be impossible to draw nothingess..

quanchi112
Nice.

Time to update the ignore list. So you ignore someone because you were wrong yet again. It's like when you claimed the sentry hasn't spoken in siege and I called you on it.

the ninjak
So you ignore someone because you were wrong yet again. It's like when you claimed the sentry hasn't spoken in siege and I called you on it.

He spoke a bunch of times.

Oblivion wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak

Oblivion wins. I know. I just wanted to give him one example. I can't believe he didn't know the Sentry spoke in siege.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
is nekron empty space or nothingness?
empty space still has the fabric of reality while the other is the absence of reality altoghther .
imo though it should be impossible to draw nothingess..

he is nothingness, empty space is part of infinty

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
he is nothingness, empty space is part of infinty

The Toltec Indians believe in a cycle that consists of the Known, the
Unkown and Intent.

I see Oblivion as being the Unknown. An entity that only takes shape when beings such as us observe it. Depending on our awareness to perceive it.

Nekron ain't messin with that!

The Toltec Indians believe in a cycle that consists of the Known, the
Unkown and Intent.

I see Oblivion as being the Unknown. An entity that only takes shape when beings such as us observe it. Depending on our awareness to perceive it.

Nekron ain't messin with that!

interesting, those avatars the abstracts use to interact with the microbes are often that way, they don't really look like anything, it's just people making sense out of them.

the ninjak
TOAA could probably be perceived as the Known or God.

Oblivion possibly the Unknown.

Characters in mythology like Marduk obtained Intent and used it to destroy Leviathan which was an entity composed of Chaos (Chaos Theory all things are connected) and spread its matter through the Known resulting in the Known becoming Omnipotent. Another mythological being representing Leviathan being the Rainbow Serpent in Aboriginal dreamtime mythology.

The Unknown is an unstoppable force and can never be destroyed...even by the Known.

Nekron seems to be a Death Avatar that works like a necromancer. Oblivion like Lovecraftian Ancient Ones may be able to be moved or distracted temporarily but never defeated!

Oblivion will win this fight. And send Nekron screaming into his own dimension.

Blanket

Oblivion wins. He's only said one line that I forgot, in the main Seige.

Either way, lol at Quan thinking he's right here, and lol at that being a pwner post (showing somebody talking, when I threw away the line, and had an IIRC at the end when I said it).
He basically admitted that Oblivion never powered up Maelstrom, but still wants to argue. That's why he's on ignore.

And for all the people who say Oblivion... why?

And for all the people who say Oblivion... why?

Cause he is indestructible by nature and swallows all reality at the end of the cosmic cycle. He is equal to infinity and is considered one of the four most powerfull abstracts in marvel along with death, eternity and infinity. He eventually absorbs space itself (and nekrom is supposed to be empty space) into his nothingnesss.

quanchi112
He's only said one line that I forgot, in the main Seige.

Either way, lol at Quan thinking he's right here, and lol at that being a pwner post (showing somebody talking, when I threw away the line, and had an IIRC at the end when I said it).
He basically admitted that Oblivion never powered up Maelstrom, but still wants to argue. That's why he's on ignore.

And for all the people who say Oblivion... why? I admitted he did power up Maelstrom you acted like he was doubly powered up because he was the anomaly.

You were wrong again.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
Cause he is indestructible by nature and swallows all reality at the end of the cosmic cycle. He is equal to infinity and is considered one of the four most powerfull abstracts in marvel along with death, eternity and infinity. He eventually absorbs space itself (and nekrom is supposed to be empty space) into his nothingnesss.

The same could be said about Nekron. But like you said, it's more of a stalemate.

Omega Vision
facepalm at all this mincing of 'nothingness' and 'empty space' as if they're intrinsically different. Unless otherwise defined (like Unspace for instance) there's really no difference between such synonymic words.

facepalm at all this mincing of 'nothingness' and 'empty space' as if they're intrinsically different. Unless otherwise defined (like Unspace for instance) there's really no difference between such synonymic words.

There is in marvel where empty space is considered something (infinty) while oblivion is unspace exactly.

He is outside of space (infinty) and time (eternity), he is a negation of space in particular, as his opposition is directed at infinity in particular.

This makes sense, empty space is still an aspect of reality, oblivion isn't.

Blanket
Originally posted by 753
Cause he is indestructible by nature and swallows all reality at the end of the cosmic cycle. He is equal to infinity and is considered one of the four most powerfull abstracts in marvel along with death, eternity and infinity. He eventually absorbs space itself (and nekrom is supposed to be empty space) into his nothingnesss. Right... so Oblivion wins because of his role?

Nevermind the fact that we absolutely know nothing about how he accomplishes all these future tasks?

Right... so Oblivion wins because of his role?

Nevermind the fact that we absolutely know nothing about how he accomplishes all these future tasks?

He stands arround for a really long time and then absorbs all reality. Do we know anything about how eternity perfoms his tasks? He simply is everything. Besides previous universes have existed before, so we know it eventually happens.

Looking at their roles, nature and stature in cosmic hierarchy is the only way to debate abstracts IMO. But like I said initially, this is likely a stalemate. How would they even interact? The avatars they use to manifest themselves in the 'real world' or whatever aren't the real things and are largely unimpressive, one needs a lame anchor, the other got KOed by iceman, although I think this SMvsFL.

Blanket
Originally posted by 753
He stands arround for a really long time and then absorbs all reality. Do we know anything about how eternity perfoms his tasks? He simply is everything. Besides previous universes have existed before, so we know it eventually happens.

Looking at their roles, nature and stature in cosmic hierarchy is the only way to debate abstracts IMO. But like I said initially, this is likely a stalemate. How would they even interact? The avatars they use to manifest themselves in the 'real world' or whatever aren't the real things and are largely unimpressive, one needs a lame anchor, the other got KOed by iceman, although I think this SMvsFL. So he stands around for a long time, and then absorbs Nekron?
Except Eternity has done things... on panel.
So, every destroyed universe goes back to 616 Oblivion?

K. Still doesn't explain how he wins.
And then you answered how Oblivion wins... so...
And getting KO'ed by Iceman is like his only feat in battle (his other feats involve Deathurge, and his offspring that came back into him)... and Iceman is 'space'.

Colossus-Big C

Colossus-Big C
So he stands around for a long time, and then absorbs Nekron?

And getting KO'ed by Iceman is like his only feat in battle (his other feats involve Deathurge, and his offspring that came back into him)... and Iceman is 'space'. nekron would KO oblivion?

Blanket
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
nekron would KO oblivion? Look where you think you found that, and then twist it into your own words so I can see where I said that in my post.

Colossus-Big C
Look where you think you found that, and then twist it into your own words so I can see where I said that in my post. just asking..

batdude123
Look where you think you found that, and then twist it into your own words so I can see where I said that in my post.

So what you're saying is...

Nekron would KO Oblivion?

Blanket
Originally posted by batdude123
So what you're saying is...

Nekron would KO Oblivion? thumb up

Colossus-Big C
Brilliant thumb up

this is the best post ive seen here.

batdude123
God you suck.

Blanket
God you suck. He sucks dongs.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
When thanos absorbed the omniverse. Never happened

Black bolt z
God you suck. Originally posted by Blanket
He sucks dongs. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Right... so Oblivion wins because of his role?

Nevermind the fact that we absolutely know nothing about how he accomplishes all these future tasks? We have seen what he is capable of and it more than would be adequate enough to destroy Nekron's body.

Black bolt z
We have seen what he is capable of and it more than would be adequate enough to destroy Nekron's body. What exactly was has it shown he is capable of?He has been hurt(in his own realm)by quasar.

quanchi112
What exactly was has it shown he is capable of?He has been hurt(in his own realm)by quasar. Quasar was powered up by Infinity and he defeated Oblivion's avatar and not because he had more power.

Black bolt z
Quasar was powered up by Infinity and he defeated Oblivion's avatar and not because he had more power. And that is an oblivion feat how?Also I find it hard to imagine that infinities enchantment(if that is the right word) would still work after Quasar was nullified.

Also how do you do a bold text?

Blanket
And that is an oblivion feat how?Also I find it hard to imagine that infinities enchantment(if that is the right word) would still work after Quasar was nullified.

Also how do you do a bold text?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=showbbcode

You have to put a slash before the second b.

quanchi112
And that is an oblivion feat how?Also I find it hard to imagine that infinities enchantment(if that is the right word) would still work after Quasar was nullified.

Also how do you do a bold text? So you didn't even read the arc. I notice you do this a lot yet debate anyways. Why is that?

So he stands around for a long time, and then absorbs Nekron?

And getting KO'ed by Iceman is like his only feat in battle (his other feats involve Deathurge, and his offspring that came back into him)... and Iceman is 'space'.

hum... he stalemated infinity and is on pair with the other 3 in the cosmic compasse (death, eternity, infinity).

Eternity's avatar on panel feats are generic and unimpressive, he also jobs all over the place. In a forum battle should that matter? Can a character that owned eternity's representation automatically destroy the universe? I don't think so.

If we are talking about the real thing and not those silly avatars, then destroying eternity means busting a universe and destroynig oblivion is simply inconceivable.

As for their avatars? Aunt may can take them down with PIS, which is what the iceman thing was, PIS beyond SMvsFL

What are we talking about here? A fight between a decaying corpse with a scickle that can be taken down if someone ressurects some z-lister and a weird vagrant with rags arround his head that gets KOed by a snow avalanche or a conflict between death/precambrian silence/the void between subatomic particles vs the very absence of being?

If it's the latter and not the former, they either stalemate (and it's difficult to picture the two of them interacting at all) or, if we assume nekrom is space in a fashion similar to infinity, oblivion will ultimately devour him as it has done before in the cosmic cycle (the problem here is that it requires assuming whatever cosmos they interact in will follow MU's pattern) - this is how he would win, by undoing space and taking it into nothingess. Has he ever done it on panel? No. But we know it's happened adn will happen again.

IMO, abstracts require no feats, they're not people and if they are ever treated like that, it is PIS. We should look at them based on what they represent, not on what spandex wearing microbes manage to pull out of their asses to 'defeat' their stupid looking avatars that fire energy blasts from their hands.

Even if we take a fight between their avatars and not the real things, what would really happen in a PIS free battle? Nothing, it is not in oblivion's nature to ressurect people and he would have no jurisdiction over DC's dead, and nekrom wouldn't even scratch the man with his face covered, he is not alive to begin with. They just stand arround forever in their cosmic redundance.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
hum... he stalemated infinity and is on pair with the other 3 in the cosmic compasse (death, eternity, infinity).

Eternity's avatar on panel feats are generic and unimpressive, he also jobs all over the place. In a forum battle should that matter? Can a character that owned eternity's representation automatically destroy the universe? I don't think so.

If we are talking about the real thing and not those silly avatars, then destroying eternity means busting a universe and destroynig oblivion is simply inconceivable.

As for their avatars? Aunt may can take them down with PIS, which is what the iceman thing was, PIS beyond SMvsFL

What are we talking about here? A fight between a decaying corpse with a scickle that can be taken down if someone ressurects some z-lister and a weird vagrant with rags arround his head that gets KOed by a snow avalanche or a conflict between death/precambrian silence/the void between subatomic particles vs the very absence of being?

If it's the latter and not the former, they either stalemate (and it's difficult to picture the two of them interacting at all) or, if we assume nekrom is space in a fashion similar to infinity, oblivion will ultimately devour him as it has done before in the cosmic cycle (the problem here is that it requires assuming whatever cosmos they interact in will follow MU's pattern) - this is how he would win, by undoing space and taking it into nothingess. Has he ever done it on panel? No. But we know it's happened adn will happen again.

IMO, abstracts require no feats, they're not people and if they are ever treated like that, it is PIS. We should look at them based on what they represent, not on what spandex wearing microbes manage to pull out of their asses to 'defeat' their stupid looking avatars that fire energy blasts from their hands.

Even if we take a fight between their avatars and not the real things, what would really happen in a PIS free battle? Nothing, it is not in oblivion's nature to ressurect people and he would have no jurisdiction over DC's dead, and nekrom wouldn't even scratch the man with his face covered, he is not alive to begin with. They just stand arround forever in their cosmic redundance.

Nekron isn't Infinity. As was shown in the final issue, people were fighting Nekron as he were "living". But he wasn't and he could not be destroyed as he is ABOVE Death.

quanchi112
Nekron isn't Infinity. As was shown in the final issue, people were fighting Nekron as he were "living". But he wasn't and he could not be destroyed as he is ABOVE Death. How is he above death?

Nekron isn't Infinity. As was shown in the final issue, people were fighting Nekron as he were "living". But he wasn't and he could not be destroyed as he is ABOVE Death.

then it's a stalemate

Blanket
Originally posted by 753

Even if we take a fight between their avatars and not the real things, what would really happen in a PIS free battle? Nothing, it is not in oblivion's nature to ressurect people and he would have no jurisdiction over DC's dead, and nekrom wouldn't even scratch the man with his face covered, he is not alive to begin with. They just stand arround forever in their cosmic redundance. And iirc Death has stalemated Eternity, but then got raped by In-Betweener, and beaten by Strange.
ABC logic not withstanding.

Like what? Dormammu? Ancient One holding his own against classic Eternity after he surprised him? Cosmic artifacts? What feats have him jobbing all over the place?

Ya. Too bad you don't have to destroy to beat.

Aunt May hey? Well, things that never happened aren't exactly the proof on dealing with canon.

Considering that someone won't be ressurected here, I can't see the logic behind bringing that up.
We're talking about a fight between two characters, not symbolic representations that we can manipulate to have our character beat anyone.

You know what the problem is with you comparing Nekron to Infinity? Is that you previously said that Oblivion has stalemated Infinity... he didn't absorb her...
Ya, it's happened over the span that it takes for the universe to run its course... billions unpon billions of years.

You know what they are though? Comic characters being used in a battle where feats determine who would win.
Good luck with your 'no feats angle' though. I'm sure it will help tip the balance in many arguable threads.

They would fight. Someone would be KO'ed, or be torn apart.
Or they would stalemate.

Simple really.

And iirc Death has stalemated Eternity, but then got raped by In-Betweener, and beaten by Strange.
ABC logic not withstanding.

I shows general power-level

Ya. Too bad you don't have to destroy to beat.

So how would it go then? What does defeating oblivion or nekron without destroying them look like?

Aunt May hey? Well, things that never happened aren't exactly the proof on dealing with canon.

Do you seriously not get the point of the phrase I wrote? The iceman thing was PIS and shouldn't be taken into consideration cause aunt may could do the same with that much PIS. From oblivion's point of view they should be equal threats.

Considering that someone won't be ressurected here, I can't see the logic behind bringing that up.

We're talking about a fight between two characters, not symbolic representations that we can manipulate to have our character beat anyone.

Thank you for repeating the point I made. Yes, they are not their symbolic representations, that's why we have to use the real things and their avatars performances are irrelevant. I pointed out that nekrom can be taken out by ressurecting someone and that iceman defeated oblivion's representation to show these events are irrelevant, because they're not fighting the real things. That's why I said that if we are talking about the real ones and not their avatars, they either stalemate or oblivion wins via taking 'space' into himself - spacial dimensions collapse and cease to be - after billions of years (assuming nekrom is space). This is a comprehensible way to defeat 'space' that makes sense, KO isn't.

You know what the problem is with you comparing Nekron to Infinity? Is that you previously said that Oblivion has stalemated Infinity... he didn't absorb her...
Ya, it's happened over the span that it takes for the universe to run its course... billions unpon billions of years.

Again thanks for the recap on the points I made. His stance as equal to infinity and his stalemate with her do not change the fact that one day he will take her into himself, which is what I said from the beggining: they either stalemate completely or oblivion will, eventually (after an eternity worth of stalemate), swallow nekrom (if he really is space), just like it goes down between him and infinty, maybe you missed that. I see no time limit in the op either.

You know what they are though? Comic characters being used in a battle where feats determine who would win.
Good luck with your 'no feats angle' though. I'm sure it will help tip the balance in many arguable threads.

They would fight. Someone would be KO'ed, or be torn apart.
Or they would stalemate.

Simple really.

What feats would that be? Their lame avatars feats? The real deal abstracts' feats are being what they are. Eternity's main feat is being an universe (or half of it) and time itself, not blasting lesser beings through its representation. How would either of them get KOed? What does that even mean? How do you KO emptyness? The'yre shapeless and empty, how would either be torn apart? You are the one that keeps adressing them like they are their representations when they are not.

Blanket
Originally posted by 753
I shows general power-level Oh?
So, general power level goes from Eternity to Strange to In-Betweener level?

Originally posted by 753
So how would it go then? What does defeating oblivion or nekron without destroying them look like? Insert Iceman scan.
And I'm not sure how Nekron would look, but I figure he can be KO'ed like every other comic character can.

Originally posted by 753
Do you seriously not get the point of the phrase I wrote? The iceman thing was PIS and shouldn't be taken into consideration cause aunt may could do the same with that much PIS. From oblivion's point of view they should be equal threats. I get it. I just don't see the need to bring up things that never happened or will happen as points to disregard on panel things.

Originally posted by 753
Thank you for repeating the point I made. Yes, they are not their symbolic representations, that's why we have to use the real things and their avatars performances are irrelevant. I pointed out that nekrom can be taken out by ressurecting someone and that iceman defeated oblivion's representation to show these events are irrelevant, because they're not fighting the real things. That's why I said that if we are talking about the real ones and not their avatars, they either stalemate or oblivion wins via taking 'space' into himself - spacial dimensions collapse and cease to be - after billions of years (assuming nekrom is space). This is a comprehensible way to defeat 'space' that makes sense, KO isn't. The 'real' things though are symbolic representations based on your logic. You're arguing purely based on something that was foretold to happen in the future, and based on Oblivion's stance. AND based on whether or not Nekron is space (the first post of this very thread has GF saying Nekron is 'emptiness')... and then you can say that Oblivion wins... well guess what, God is space too, no? Would Oblivion win in a battle between him and TOAA, or the Presence?
This is exactly why cosmic omnipotents are retarded, because people want to play wordplay with their status's. Like jeez, Nekron has been manipulated into being space based on wordplay when the first post says the exact opposite.

Anyway, the difference in comparisons is vast. First off you have many outside factors that couldn't possibly come into play in this battle in the Nekron feat, and then you have Iceman beating Oblivion straight up with a love-o-lanche, that is not only PIS because Oblivion doesn't need feats, but it's also not relevant to Oblivion because it HAS to be an Avatar of his real self... because that's obviously what every writer has in mind when writing cosmic characters.
Not saying it isn't, but lots of assumptions...

Originally posted by 753
Again thanks for the recap on the points I made. His stance as equal to infinity and his stalemate with her do not change the fact that one day he will take her into himself, which is what I said from the beggining: they either stalemate completely or oblivion will, eventually (after an eternity worth of stalemate), swallow nekrom (if he really is space), just like it goes down between him and infinty, maybe you missed that. I see no time limit in the op either. But what causes him to take her into him? Does it have to do with her being the representation of space?
Does it address the issue of death, because otherwise he would also absorb Death, no?
And I'm at a loss, but where was it stated they stalemated anyway, for that matter, where was it stated that he would absorb the other abstracts, or Infinity?
Not saying it isn't true, or that it affects what I've been saying, but I can't find the specifics here.

Didn't miss that at all. I just think it's completely retarded to even address as a serious point. Oblivion wins because he eventually absorbs Nekron (based on nothing) after billions and billions of years of fighting. Winning example right there.

Originally posted by 753
What feats would that be? Their lame avatars feats? The real deal abstracts' feats are being what they are. Eternity's main feat is being an universe (or half of it) and time itself, not blasting lesser beings through its representation. How would either of them get KOed? What does that even mean? How do you KO emptyness? The'yre shapeless and empty, how would either be torn apart? You are the one that keeps adressing them like they are their representations when they are not. That almost sounds worse than blasting lesser beings.

So, what do you think avatars or M-Bodys of the characters are? You don't think they're a part of the abstracts as a whole?
Anyway, examples since Eternity is being brought up.
Eternity was rendered catatonic during Infinity War.
Eternity was out bleeding when Umar, and Dormammu beat him.

And you're the one making it seem like they don't have to do anything at all to win battles.

Colossus-Big C
Big O wins

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1002507-o25_super.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.