Marvel Blackest Night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDaniel1001
The Blackest Night has come to the Marvel Universe! How do you think the Marvel Earth would deal with almost every single dead hero and villain coming back to haunt them?

Scenario 1: Night Thrasher, Microbe, Namorita, and Scarlet Spider attack the still-alive New Warriors Firestar, Justice, Penance, and Rage.

Scenario 2: Spider-Man must either survive Black Lantern versions of his parents, his uncle, the Stacys, and a new Sinister Six (Kraven, Mysterio, Carnage, Jackal, Stilt-Man, and Jack O' Lantern) for 15 minutes or destroy them all.

Scenario 3: Wolverine Vs. Black Lantern Sabertooth

Scenario 4: The current New Avengers (Bucky as Cap, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ronin, Mockingbird, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, and Thor) Vs. the Black Lantern Avengers (Steve Rogers, The Vision, Ant-Man, Swordsman, Scarlet Witch, and Captain Mar-Vell)

Scenario 5: EVERYONE from the previous four scenarios Vs. ALL of the Black Lanterns from the previous four scenarios, but with a twist....

Green Lantern Spider-Man
Blue Lantern Iron Man
Agent Orange Doom
Sinestro Corps Green Goblin
Indigo Tribe Nightcrawler
Star Sapphire Invisible Woman

Scenario 6: Black Lantern Odin Vs. The Current Marvel Earth

Discuss! Who wins what?

Q99
I'd... maybe swap those? I don't really see Iron Man as 'hope'...

Captain America would probably be the best hope.

DarthDaniel1001
Think about it. As director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and head of the Pro-Registration forces, he helped promote the registration act, which did help some people sleep a little easier. True, a lot of people are shown to hate him, but a lot of people are shown to live him to. And he is a leader, just like Steve. People look up to him. I'd say he has the ability to instill great hope.

Oh, and I forgot to put him in, but Red Lantern Wolverine is also in scenario 5

Parmaniac
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Blue Lantern Iron Man laughing

In german "being blue" means being drunk.

DarthDaniel1001
Look, are you gonna debate my choices for the Lanterns or are you actually going to discuss the scenarios?

Digi
Marvel Earth lacks the cosmics that DC always has in-house. They'd need everyone in space helping out to have any chance whatsoever. The thousands upon thousands of cosmics that the various Corps provided didn't hurt either. The MU might be screwed.

{edit} wait wait. Reed Richards. I change my mind.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Look, are you gonna debate my choices for the Lanterns or are you actually going to discuss the scenarios? They all die.
The black ring provides the ability to fly and massive HFs.

EDIT: Except maybe scenario 5

JakeTheBank
Black Lantern Odin is gonna stomp.

Survivor19
Iceman soloes. Black Lanterns can't see through ice.

amnesia
Give dr doom the yellow ring instead.

JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom should always get the Green Ring in these kind of scenarios. Despite it's a "good guy" weapon, Doom's willpower is among the greatest in Marvel. His will is certainly >>>> Spider-Man's.

amnesia
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom should always get the Green Ring in these kind of scenarios. Despite it's a "good guy" weapon, Doom's willpower is among the greatest in Marvel. His will is certainly >>>> Spider-Man's.

Isn't yellow ring also based on willpower?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by amnesia
Isn't yellow ring also based on willpower?

Yellow or Qwardian rings are based on the ability to instill great fear. Willpower can't really hurt (unless you're willpower completely overrides your ability to instill fear ala Batman), but it's not essential to learning how to use the ring.

DarthDaniel1001
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

The Green Lantern rings cannot go to one who would not be considered worthy. Doom would use his ring for murder and personal gain. Green Lanterns are forbidden from doing both. Hence, Doom is Agent Orange here.

DarthDaniel1001
Originally posted by Survivor19
Iceman soloes. Black Lanterns can't see through ice.

If Black Lanterns where so vulnerable to ice that Iceman could solo here, then Captain Cold and Killer Frost would have taken out all of the Black Lanterns in Blackest Night by themselves. As it is, they didn't. And Iceman's not in any of these scenarios anyway, except the last one, but I doubt that he's going to do much there. big grin

Survivor19
Well, they are not 'vulnerable'. But BN: Batman states that they can't see through ice.
So... well, maybe he doesn't solo, but he can hide brainy ones for enough time to 1-hit-kill all BLs in the universe. After all, their weakness is entire emotional spectrum, that can't be hard. Right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.