The official Movie Hate thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Do you have a particular film which you despise? Do you want to spew your venom and malevolence for said film? Do you want to say what they film makers did right or did wrong, in your opinion?

Well, then. Do it here.

Fire away.

Just keep it PG-13.

Rogue Jedi
Inglorious Basterds. The film literally put me to sleep. Ten minutes blabbing about a glass of milk, jeez....

The Fountain. Me and my ex walked out a half hour in.

All the Star Trek movies with the exception of Khan and the recent one.

BruceSkywalker
where to start, first off Hancock, that film was just utter shiite, horribly acted, bad filming locations, always liked Charlize but she was out of place and out of character in her role.. Hancock would have better IMO had they just kept it simple.. oh and Will Smith looked like he wanted to start rapping every other scene

Rogue Jedi
I thought Hancock was awesome, but that's just me. I will admit that the last 1/4 could have been better.

Impediment
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Inglorious Basterds. The film literally put me to sleep. Ten minutes blabbing about a glass of milk, jeez....

The Fountain. Me and my ex walked out a half hour in.

All the Star Trek movies with the exception of Khan and the recent one.

ST 4: The Voyage Home, Generations, First Contact, and Nemesis were all awesome, IMO.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
ST 4: The Voyage Home, Generations, First Contact, and Nemesis were all awesome, IMO. I hate ST in general, so my opinion is biased on ST films.

BruceSkywalker
when i was younger i saw a movie called alligator which starred robert forster, this movie was horrible, bad cheesy fx, a bad female lead.. would have been better if it had more blood

Rogue Jedi
I remember that movie haermm

steverules_2
Twilight, new moon and any other twilight movie to come

BruceSkywalker
I remember that movie haermm

how about the even worser sequel?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
how about the even worser sequel? Dont recall. Lake Placid was shit also.

H. S. 6
The recent Alice in Wonderland comes to mind. Utter shit. I got in for free, and by the end of it, I wanted my money back.

BruceSkywalker
Dont recall. Lake Placid was shit also.

yeah agree on lake placid

Rogue Jedi
yeah agree on lake placid

Even Bridget Fonda's fine ass didn't make it worth watching. Shame, the opening scene was awesome. All downhill from there.

Escape from LA wasn't terrible, but it was such a letdown from Escape from NY.

I heard the Boondock Saints sequel sucks balls.

Jaws 3.....EW. Jaws 1 was epic, Jaws 2 was above passable.

MooCowofJustice
Meet the Spartans, Twilight, just about every movie with Steve Carrel and/or Will Ferrel.

I didn't really hate these, but they felt like letdowns. Fantastic Four, 300, Pirates of the Carribean, and How to train your Dragon.

Impediment
Both Fantastic Four films were abominations.

Rogue Jedi
All the LOTR movies.

Moscow
All the LOTR movies.

You hated all three of them?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Moscow
You hated all three of them? Big time.

SnakeEyes
Some movies that I dislike/maybe hate - Any "spoof" movie from the last ten years or so, Juno, any Wayans brothers movie, Transformers 2 etc.

I'm typically pretty good at avoiding movies I think I'll hate.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Moscow
You hated all three of them?

It's okay, he hates good stuff.

Rogue Jedi
The Fountain. No offense.

Moscow
I wonder what he thinks about their plans to make the Hobbit into a movie

Rogue Jedi
Who, me? I dunno, I might like it. Never know.

SnakeEyes
The Fountain. No offense.

Yeah... just taking a glimpse at your favorites list on your profile, I'd say I like about half and the other half are shit, so I don't really take your opinion on The Fountain all too seriously. If you walked out 30 minutes in, I'm just wondering why you even went to see it in the first place? What kind of movie did you expect?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Yeah... just taking a glimpse at your favorites list on your profile, I'd say I like about half and the other half are shit, so I don't really take your opinion on The Fountain all too seriously. If you walked out 30 minutes in, I'm just wondering why you even went to see it in the first place? What kind of movie did you expect? Hey, I like what I like, isn't that how it's supposed to be? "I may not know art, but I know what I like."

The fact that you like about half shows that my taste in movies isn't "shit", if you hate almost if not all of them, then that's a different story.

My ex worked at the theater it was playing at, we saw movies for free all the time. I didn't pay for it. It was funny, we both looked at each other and agreed it sucked at the same time and walked out.

Moscow
Who, me? I dunno, I might like it. Never know.

They might have to get a younger actor to play Bilbo

Rogue Jedi
I loved the Hobbitt movie from years ago.

Moscow
The cartoon one? It was kinda funny. A bit outdated, but okay

Rogue Jedi
Like I said, I like what I like, no excuses here.

SnakeEyes
Hey, I like what I like, isn't that how it's supposed to be? "I may not know art, but I know what I like."

The fact that you like about half shows that my taste in movies isn't "shit", if you hate almost if not all of them, then that's a different story.

My ex worked at the theater it was playing at, we saw movies for free all the time. I didn't pay for it. It was funny, we both looked at each other and agreed it sucked at the same time and walked out.

Yeah I know, I can't fault you (or anyone) for likin' what they like. I didn't say your taste was shit either, but you've got some really bad movies in there, like X3, Queen of the Damned, and Van Helsing, so it doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't like The Fountain. It's just difficult for me to hear someone hate on The Fountain and like garbage like X3. Especially when you didn't even watch The Fountain in it's entirety.

But it's your opinion blah blah, I know. wink

Rogue Jedi
Yeah I know, I can't fault you (or anyone) for likin' what they like. I didn't say your taste was shit either, but you've got some really bad movies in there, like X3, Queen of the Damned, and Van Helsing, so it doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't like The Fountain. It's just difficult for me to hear someone hate on The Fountain and like garbage like X3. Especially when you didn't even watch The Fountain in it's entirety.

But it's your opinion blah blah, I know. wink We kept expecting it to get better, but it just kept getting worse.

Spartan005
the american pie movies... pretty much all of them. How many premature ejaculation jokes and masterbation jokes are really necessary in a movie? like, seriously

Scythe
All the Resident Evil movies. I love zombies, but Milla is just such an uninteresting, and unattractive sea hag. Killed it for me, every single film. Not even watching the upcoming one.

Did not like Twilight, haven't seen the latest one, nor plan to, third one seems uninteresting to me, but I'm not out there verbally abusing others for liking it like so many people I know. That's just stupid, grow the f*ck up people who talk shit to others for liking Twilight, or whatever the hell they may like. Not our fault they like it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Scythe
All the Resident Evil movies.

Do even like the games?

i know it does'nt mean shit the movies are still shit.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Do even like the games?

i know it does'nt mean shit the movies are still shit.

Oh, I do like the games. The games are great.

TxG
Crossroads it had britney spears as the lead. utter shit. Bad acting. bored me senseless was forced to go see it with some of my friends when i was in high school it was just awful.

steverules_2
All high school musical films, dunno what the big deal is about Zac erm

Kazenji
Robocop 3, Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life.

dadudemon
Oh, lots of films have been disappointing, but I hate very few.

Alpha Centauri
All the Resident Evil movies. I love zombies, but Milla is just such an uninteresting, and unattractive sea hag. Killed it for me, every single film. Not even watching the upcoming one.

Did not like Twilight, haven't seen the latest one, nor plan to, third one seems uninteresting to me, but I'm not out there verbally abusing others for liking it like so many people I know. That's just stupid, grow the f*ck up people who talk shit to others for liking Twilight, or whatever the hell they may like. Not our fault they like it.

Nobody deserves abuse, but I'll make fun of, and look down on, anyone who likes Twilight. Some more than others.

It depends how good or bad their taste is.

-AC

BruceSkywalker
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8357/26785312.jpg

the absolute worst Batman movie ever... bad hackmead(sp?) acting.... horrible story, the steroid user who played Bane,, even Uma Thurman could not save it

The Nuul
Napoleon Dynamite and Freddy Got Fingered.

JohnT
Jodie Foster and Robert Zemeckis showing that really smart people can still completely miss the meaning of what they're reading. Carl Sagan must still be spinning in his grave.

MildPossession
A future film, if they kill off Sidney in Scream 4, I will officially hate it.

smile

BackFire
Queen of the Damned is the worst movie ever made. It has no redeeming factor at all. I saw it in theaters for free and still felt ripped off.

The Omen remake is terrible and boring. It made me angry watching it.

Juno, and really just Diablo Cody in general, is exceedingly overrated. Hipster bullshit with prissy and cutesy dialogue masquerading as wit.

Johnny Sorrow
Clash of the Titans. Random characters come in and leave, things happen with no explanation, people know things with no explanation, gods are unimpressive and have a vague homoerotic feel, overacting for bit players and underacting for others. What a mess. mad

Nephthys
Burn after Reading. Urgh.

Kazenji
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8357/26785312.jpg

the absolute worst Batman movie ever... bad hackmead(sp?) acting.... horrible story, the steroid user who played Bane,, even Uma Thurman could not save it

Joel Schumacher the real Batman villain.

Myth
I despise a lot of movies, but I get irritated by any movie that I think is crap while it rakes in tons at the box office. Sometimes I find myself hating movies I have not seen because I think "Why are so many people flocking to this movie? The trailer looks like crap and the ratings are not good, so what the hell compels people to spend money on it?"

Examples of movies I have seen and hate due to the above reason:
Hellboy
Twighlight
Resident Evil
Juno
Most of the Michael Bay movies that I've seen

Examples of movies I have not seen and hate due to the above reasons:
Clash of the Titans
Norbit
Alice in Wonderland (and other recent Burtin films)
New Moon (and likely the next movie of the series)
Underworld (and sequels)
Resident Evil sequels
The Michael Bay movies that I have not seen
Pirates of the Carribean as a series (thought the first was ok, but can't stand all of the teenagers that flip out about "how hot" the actors are)

Movies I hate, but not due to public reactions::
LotR trilogy (especially the extended cuts)
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
The Core
Dreamcatcher

There's obviously more, but I'm blanking. Ever couple of weeks there seems to be a movie that crowds flock to and all I can do is ask "why?"

Rogue Jedi
Hellboy?

BruceSkywalker
Joel Schumacher the real Batman villain.

yep...

Hellboy?

i hated Hellboy, I am glad i saw it free up at the Sony Pictures Lot

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Myth

Dreamcatcher

why? sad

Rogue Jedi
yep...

i hated Hellboy, I am glad i saw it free up at the Sony Pictures Lot Wow, I had you pegged for someone who woulda loved Hellboy.

Kazenji
I liked both Hellboys movies......the first one is what got me interested reading the comics.

BruceSkywalker
Wow, I had you pegged for someone who woulda loved Hellboy.

nope, i've never read the comics either

Myth
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
why? sad

Different expectations going into it. Though, I'm pretty sure I would have still thought of it as a crapfest even with low expectations. I wrote a review of it years ago (2004). Here it is:

The first movie that I have rated a 1. I have been tempted with others but Dreamcatcher is my reasoning for them not receiving a 1. Example: I say to myself, "Hellboy was horrible, but it wasn't quite as bad as Dreamcatcher. Therefore, Hellboy gets a 2." I thought that the movie looked promising. The commercials didn't give away to much and actually made it resemble Fallen starring Denzel Washington and John Goodman (about an 8/10). When actually watching the movie, I still felt that promise of something interesting. They were out in the middle of nowhere when this strange sick man comes along. He then starts to bulge which makes you think that something cool is going to happen. Along with the bulge was a bunch of retarded farting noises that I tried to overlook. Then, the unthinkable happens. The guy goes to take a shit and dies with a trail of blood leading to the toilet. I was thinking WTF in an interested way. All of a sudden, this slug like alien slides from behind the toilet. I sunk about a foot in my chair because of how retarded the movie suddenly became. Eventually, the guy escapes the bathroom to be met by a giant one of these slug aliens which seems more human like with its arms and legs. Some how, don't ask me how it worked, the giant alien got inside the man and takes over his body. The movie from here on out will show the man trying to fight off the alien inside his head by hiding his memory from it. Keep in mind that his memories are kept in boxes in a storage room within his head. Talk about stupid. Later, one of the guys friends encounters one of the small aliens as well. It is way to obvious from the beginning that the alien is going to attack his dick. It is pretty sad when a movie that is trying build on suspense has aliens attacking peoples' asses and dicks. Its been a while since actually watching the movie but I also recall that all of the human characters were given telepathic powers when they saved a disguised alien from bullies when they were kids. They were forcing the kid to eat crap and were scared off (I think by threats of telling since they were younger). The movie also ended with a bunch of crap as the military started attacking herds of the aliens that decided to cluster despite their intelligence early in the movie. The only positive I can remember from this movie at all, was Morgan Freeman saying, "Shit Weezels." That should not ever be the only positive.

And for Hellboy (also reviewed in 2004):
I typically think comic book movies and big budget movies are crap (or atleast overrated) but this one is by far worse than many of the others of the sort. Yikes this was a horrible movie. I can't believe they are planning a sequel to this piece of crap. WHat was with that guy that was revived with no legs? He looked shitty and was annoying. Then he didn't even serve his purpose. He was to guide them somewhere and they walked through one door way and he died. Also, there was no suspense to that final fight either. I remember there being absolutely no reaction by the audience. Btw: I have never seen so many people leave in the middle of a movie before in my life.
I give this movie 8 thumbs down out of 2.

BruceSkywalker
I love Star Wars as much as I love Batman and Star Trek, but the one gripe I have regarding Star Wars is one name... JAR JAR BINKS, what in the world possessed George Lucas to create such a vile, unpopular and dumb ass character?? The solution would have been to never create that character in the first place

Mr Parker
ST 4: The Voyage Home, Generations, First Contact, and Nemesis were all awesome, IMO.

the original star trek movies II,III and IV were all awesome IMO.

Mr Parker
I love Star Wars as much as I love Batman and Star Trek, but the one gripe I have regarding Star Wars is one name... JAR JAR BINKS, what in the world possessed George Lucas to create such a vile, unpopular and dumb ass character?? The solution would have been to never create that character in the first place

I have TWO names.Jar Jar Binks AND Darth Maul.speaking of star wars,as much as I hate the prequals,I so much hate Return of The jedi even more so and Lucas for what he did to that film. mad

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Myth
I despise a lot of movies, but I get irritated by any movie that I think is crap while it rakes in tons at the box office. Sometimes I find myself hating movies I have not seen because I think "Why are so many people flocking to this movie? The trailer looks like crap and the ratings are not good, so what the hell compels people to spend money on it?"

Examples of movies I have seen and hate due to the above reason:
Hellboy
Twighlight
Resident Evil
Juno
Most of the Michael Bay movies that I've seen

Examples of movies I have not seen and hate due to the above reasons:
Clash of the Titans
Norbit
Alice in Wonderland (and other recent Burtin films)
New Moon (and likely the next movie of the series)
Underworld (and sequels)
Resident Evil sequels
The Michael Bay movies that I have not seen
Pirates of the Carribean as a series (thought the first was ok, but can't stand all of the teenagers that flip out about "how hot" the actors are)

Movies I hate, but not due to public reactions::
LotR trilogy (especially the extended cuts)
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
The Core
Dreamcatcher

There's obviously more, but I'm blanking. Ever couple of weeks there seems to be a movie that crowds flock to and all I can do is ask "why?"

Hating something because of its fanbase is lame.

-AC

SnakeEyes
Kind of unavoidable at times though, depending on the fans and your level of disinterest in the film/franchise.

Myth
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hating something because of its fanbase is lame.

-AC

You don't ever get extra agitated by movies due to their fan base?

Example: I myself really disliked Twilight. But if it were not well liked, it would have been a movie I disliked that was forgotten. Instead, Twilight stuff gets stuffed down our throats and I get extra annoyed. Thus, I hate the movie even more because of its fanbase.

Mr. Rhythmic
Here are the ones I can think of right now.

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" - I hate what it represents, and I hate how it manipulated viewers in so many ways and yet goes "What else did you expect from an action movie?" It's insulting.

"Movie" movies - Cheap, bullshit films that pass off as comedy by lowering the bar for everyone by becoming a mainstream hit. Because of that, it destroyed the general standards of comedy with its stupidity and awful 'parody' jokes.

"Remember Me" - I haven't even seen it yet, but that ending... You just... No. You can't do that. You can NEVER do that,''

"The Spirit" - It is an incredible example of someone not giving a rat's ass about the original source material. And the actors' attitudes on the film make me dislike it even more.

"The Day The Earth Stood Still" - Take a fantastic classic science fiction film, take off your pants, and then shit on it. Now do it to an almost magical level. That's 2008's TDTESS.

Direct-To-Video Sequels (minus "Undisputed 2"wink - Do I really need to explain it?

"No Country For Old Men" - Fantastic movie with the biggest "Go **** yourself" ending ever.

buttterfly320
where to start, first off Hancock, that film was just utter shiite, horribly acted, bad filming locations, always liked Charlize but she was out of place and out of character in her role.. Hancock would have better IMO had they just kept it simple.. oh and Will Smith looked like he wanted to start rapping every other scene
My thoughts are exactally.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

"The Spirit" - It is an incredible example of someone not giving a rat's ass about the original source material. And the actors' attitudes on the film make me dislike it even more.

Funny with Frank Miller back when he's was writing the Robocop movie scrips was'nt happy with the studio messing with his scrips, But here he is doing the exact the same thing to someone else's work.

Mr. Rhythmic
Funny with Frank Miller back when he's was writing the Robocop movie scrips was'nt happy with the studio messing with his scrips, But here he is doing the exact the same thing to someone else's work.

The only similarities to the two 'Spirits' were the names.

dadudemon
i hated Hellboy, I am glad i saw it free up at the Sony Pictures Lot

This is an actual first. A movie I liked, you hated. 99 out of 100 ain't bad though, right? big grin

Rogue Jedi

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" - I hate what it represents, and I hate how it manipulated viewers in so many ways and yet goes "What else did you expect from an action movie?" It's insulting.

"Movie" movies - Cheap, bullshit films that pass off as comedy by lowering the bar for everyone by becoming a mainstream hit. Because of that, it destroyed the general standards of comedy with its stupidity and awful 'parody' jokes.

"Remember Me" - I haven't even seen it yet, but that ending... You just... No. You can't do that. You can NEVER do that,''

"The Day The Earth Stood Still" - Take a fantastic classic science fiction film, take off your pants, and then shit on it. Now do it to an almost magical level. That's 2008's TDTESS.

Direct-To-Video Sequels (minus "Undisputed 2"wink - Do I really need to explain it?

"No Country For Old Men" - Fantastic movie with the biggest "Go **** yourself" ending ever. I haven't seen The Spirit, I heard it was horrid. Same on no Country for Old Men, great flick, the ending was a letdown.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is an actual first. A movie I liked, you hated. 99 out of 100 ain't bad though, right? big grin

yep big grin

Dragonball Evolution, horrible shit.. I have never understood why Akira Toriyama ruined his own work

Blue Wiccan
Streetfighter.
The island
Equilbrium
Transformers
Spiderman 3
Grease 2
Batman and Robin
Blair witch 2
War of the worlds (remake aka tom cruise)
Jennifer's body
Evolution
Twilight
The mask
Poisedion
The dark is rising

Esomark
yep big grin

Dragonball Evolution, horrible shit.. I have never understood why Akira Toriyama ruined his own work

Nah, James Wong and Ben Ramsey are responsible for that piece of eye rape.

Kid Kurdy
No country for old men.

A few good scenes but all the rest was boooring. Extremely overrated movie.

Mr. Rhythmic

He had nothing to do with the film.

Sadako of Girth
Transformers 2

Indiana Jones 4

Robocop 3

Batman and Robin

Pearl Harbour

Battlefield Earth

Blues Brothers 2000

High School the musical and its sickly, sickly ilk.

Alien Resurrection

Alien Versus Predators 1 and 2.

The Fog remake

The Matrix 2 and 3

Man I will have to update as we go, but they're some of the real big offenders.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Esomark
Nah, James Wong and Ben Ramsey are responsible for that piece of eye rape.

He had nothing to do with the film.

he was listed as one of the writers on that shit so he is responsible as well as others

-Pr-
The Twilight "Saga"
The Resident Evil Series
Musicals like Fame 09, and such.
Superman Returns
X-Men 1, 2 and 3
Ultraviolet
Any scene in the POTC series featuring Bloom or Knightley

Clash of the Titans was also a real disappointment for me.

chomperx9
mall cop
x-men 3
elektra
batman and robin
punisher warzone

Mr. Rhythmic
he was listed as one of the writers on that shit so he is responsible as well as others

But he wasn't. He didn't even know about the movie until it was done filming.

BruceSkywalker
Nine Death's of the Ninja, Sho Kosugi's worst film..

The Lovely Bones, better novel, film pure crap

Rogue Jedi
Nine Death's of the Ninja, Sho Kosugi's worst film..

The Lovely Bones, better novel, film pure crap Love Sho Kosugi, I can't say I hate any of his films.

Nephthys
Any movie in which, to steal from Family Guy, a man solves all a womans problems with his penis.

**** you misogyny!

http://www.insanesoccer.com/games/images/thefinger.jpg

Also, poor storytelling. But mostly MISOGYNY!!!

BruceSkywalker
Love Sho Kosugi, I can't say I hate any of his films.

I love him too, but with 9 Death's, it just could have been a little better story wise, it had some good fight scenes though

Rogue Jedi
I love him too, but with 9 Death's, it just could have been a little better story wise, it had some good fight scenes though Which Kosugi film was the one where the chick was possessed?

BruceSkywalker
Which Kosugi film was the one where the chick was possessed?

Ninja 3: The Domination

Rogue Jedi
She was HOT.

The Nuul
Ninja Assassin, sucks. I only watched it for Sho.

BruceSkywalker
She was HOT.

yeah she was

Rogue Jedi
Sucks that we never got to find out what caused that Ninja to go ape shit.

horrorfan1930
Alice in Wonderland. What the hell was Tim Burton thinking? It was BY FAR the worst movie of this year. And that's saying something since it's only May. I love Tim Burton, but after seeing this I havee lost complete faith in anything he does in the future. *shakes head in dispointment*

BruceSkywalker
Sucks that we never got to find out what caused that Ninja to go ape shit.

yep

Rogue Jedi
Maybe it was the same thing that caused that guy to crash his plane into the federal building in Austin?

darthmaul1

Generations and Nemesis were complete crap

The latest movie i have seen that was complete crap was Transformers 2, what a train reck that was.

darthmaul1

For me it was the people saying it's made so much money but that is only because the first movie did so good and peple expected the same thing i know i did but i was hand and absolute piect of crap.
Thats the michael bay formula.
he does 2 good movies and 3 bad
Transformers 3 (2011) (pre-production)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) BAD
Transformers (2007) GOOD
The Island (2005) GOOD
Bad Boys II (2003) BAD
Pearl Harbor (2001) BAD
Armageddon (1998/I) BAD
The Rock (1996) GOOD
Bad Boys (1995) GOOD

So we will have 2 more craptacular movies from him. and it will probably be the transformers.

K.Diddy
beer Transformers

I ****ing hate these movies,the second one was worse though, really was just 3 hours of pointless crap

marwash22
'Wall-E'... that movie is horrible.

K.Diddy
beer THE GODFATHER TRILOGY
Yes,thats right, Too me,these movies are overlong,boring and just lame,I will never understand the reputation they have,I have even watched 1 and 2 twice to try and see if theres something I'm missing,just cant get myself to enjoy these movies,I tried to but have just given up now

marwash22
'Dragon Ball: Evolution' - This film, if you wanna call it that, is possibly the biggest piece o' shite to ever be made that had previous source material to draw from. Uwe Boll has made better movies and that's saying a lot. Not only did the people resposible, bastardize the source material, they couldn't even be bothered to do a good job with the direction they tried to go in. Bad acting, bad fight choreography, horrible music, low-rent visual effects... basically, name anything that makes a movie worth watching, and it's completely absent in this "film".

Even Jamie Chung, who is sexy as all hell, couldn't redeem it. The only thing worse than wasting my 90 minutes of my life is hearing that there will be a sequel.

marwash22
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Bad Boys II (2003) BAD http://i49.tinypic.com/b7khlh.gif

ADarksideJedi
The New Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Babe
Anything with Bruce Wills
MILK
Camp Nowhere

Slay
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi

Yes, **** Bruce Willis.

Except for Pulp Fiction. Well I didn't even like him in that. He was in one of the best scenes though, but that was mostly do to Ving Rhames and those hillbillies.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
The New Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Babe
MILK
Camp Nowhere

beer I quite enjoyed Milk,wouldn't see it again though

ADarksideJedi
If any movie I see is not worth watching the second time or if I just don't like it then that is it for me with that movie!

Sadako of Girth
Harry Potter movies..
Twilight romantic girly dramas masquerading as Vamp movies...

ADarksideJedi
Thanks I forgot to add "Twilight"

sixella 34
Clash Of The Titans...pure garbos

sixella 34
Almost forgot..The Bounty Hunter, Last Chance Harvey, Cone Heads, Avatar, Legally Blonde

Mr Parker
Both Fantastic Four films were abominations.

yeah Kinda like the Spider-Man movies and the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies. sick

Mr Parker
Originally posted by sixella 34
Clash Of The Titans...pure garbos

I assume you mean the recent one?

Dave_97
the day the earth stood still (remake)

sixella 34
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I assume you mean the recent one?

Yes, the remake.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Dave_97
the day the earth stood still (remake)

beer Yep,that one sucked

eyoung
I just hate the ones directed towards the little kids... Like Hamataro... I love the opening scene of the show though... funny little critters.

Earthlover
Dang! my hate movie is R rated, can i still post it?

omgchos
Avatar was Horrible. And not because the movie itself was per say horrible. But the fact that it was touted as groundbreaking and monumental and "the best movie of all time", well, it's just an insult to call this movie that. And all the stigma attached to it made me hate it even more. Like those ppl committing suicide over it. Who the **** would wanna live on pandora as a na'vi. Least that guy had an excuse cuz he "fell in love" and the fact that he could get legs that way.
Tho apperently theres no other way he coulda made money for his leg transplant, but whatever.

tmiller2
Fantastic Four 1 and the even worse 2 movies.
and
Prince of Persia

Scythe
Originally posted by omgchos
Avatar was Horrible. And not because the movie itself was per say horrible. But the fact that it was touted as groundbreaking and monumental and "the best movie of all time", well, it's just an insult to call this movie that. And all the stigma attached to it made me hate it even more. Like those ppl committing suicide over it. Who the **** would wanna live on pandora as a na'vi. Least that guy had an excuse cuz he "fell in love" and the fact that he could get legs that way.
Tho apperently theres no other way he coulda made money for his leg transplant, but whatever.

Wait, people committed suicide over Avatar?!

K.Diddy
Wait, people committed suicide over Avatar?!

blink

mad Anyway,I came in to this thread to vent some steam on ''Edge of Darkness'' This was such a HUGE Letdown to me,I'm telling you,Mel must of been paying the ****ing critics off,How it got good reviews,I really dont know,This was boring,too long,etc Wasn't the worst movie I have seen,but could of been SO MUCH Better

smile I feel better now

darthmaul1

Generations and Nemesis were craptacular, i mean really bad the worst ST movies by far. included in that is inserection and final frontier.
Even the motion picture is better than those.
another movie i despise is transformers revenge of the fallen. what a waste of time and money that was. I just hope they make the 3rd movie as if the 2nd never happened.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by omgchos

People commited suicide over avatar?
i enjoyed the film but only saw it once. it was visually pleasing but the story was very basic. in all honesty T2 and Aliens were better for Cameron, and i thought the aliens in district 9 looked much more realistic than the na'vi.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by darthmaul1
People commited suicide over avatar?

blink Apparently so,For anyone interested,have a read of this

Hi,
I know you and I don't know each other. I have been lurking this website for weeks now, never posting, fearing it may increase my addiction.
I have "Avatar blues," although I do believe my situation is significantly worse than the average viewer. I don't get much support, and every person I've spoken to has dismissed my claims. You might think suicide is a bit extreme and I have to admit it is, but I am out of option. In my religion classes (Christian), I was told that if a person has lived a good life, he can go to whichever place he wants upon his death; I am simply hoping to rest on Pandora forever.
My story begins days before Christmas. I went to see Avatar because it was the movie to see, with my family. I remember liking it, but not "falling in love" with it. It was just a movie, like so many other. The first viewing was not particularly special for me. I liked it, I thought about the Na'vi for a few minutes afterwards, then went on to celebrate Christmas and forgot about it. I'll always regret seeing it a second time. Ironically, had I stopped there, nothing of this would have happened. Ironic that the second viewing of this movie changed everything.
After New Year's Eve, I went to see this movie again with friends because I felt it has more to offer. I liked the 3D effects and wanted to see it again.
Boy, was I wrong!
It completely devastated me. I had a whole different experience. It was happy, then sad, then even sadder, then shocking. Suddenly I couldn't do anything but think about the Na'vi - Neytiri and Jake, in particular. I was angry at the RDA and angry at our government, currently killing Iraqians for the same purpose (oil, unobtanium...) and suddenly I saw no sense in what I was doing. My friends didn't share much of my feelings, simply talking about the "simple plot" and that it was entertaining. But I was on a whole different level. I was emotionally shocked, traumatized.
I fell in love with the whole planet, then realized my whole life is pointless. I'll never meet the Na'vis or anything remotely exciting. I'll never go on Pandora and explore it myself. I am not even rich and will live a pointless life in a stupid job, while Jake is out there exploring with the Na'vis, living a true life on Pandora, the magnificent and beautiful Pandora! I am nothing, my whole life is nothing. I'm spending it studying numbers and letter while Jake does something that really counts, with the most amazing woman in the universe.
I went to see the movie again the next day, alone. Since then, I saw the movie almost every day. I have watched this movie over 15 times and simply can't get enough of it - it's an addiction, and I cannot get rid of it.
I have even downloaded the movie (illegally, I confessed) and watched it again - and then paid to watch it at the cinema again anyway! I downloaded the soundtrack and skipped school to play the video game (always as Na'vi, I will never know what the human side looks like). I read everything I could find about Avatar - both on the Internet or in writing.
I could not live without Avatar. I couldn't concentrate in class and got a 0 in an early exam. I know for a fact I won't be able to study and that this session will be disastrous. I only think about Avatar, all the time. I only want to see the movie again, join the beautiful Neytiri and close my eyes again as the Hometree is put down (which I've started to do the last times). I stopped talking to friends and spend most of my free time in my room, thinking about Avatar, writing Fan Fiction and drawing.
I hoped my situation would improve with time, but it did not - each day, it got more intense, up to a point I could not sleep. I have never felt this way before - I have watched tons of movies, loved them (such as Inglorious Bastards, this year) but never felt so obsessed. I fear it will never improve, and I fear my life is worthless.
Not only am I contributing (indirectly) to a kind of futuristic RDA, by working and paying taxes (later in my life), but I can never hope to be a Na'vi. I am a stupid human in a stupid school doing stupid crap. How can I find a sense in my life when Jake and the Na'vis are fighting for survival on the most beautiful planet? And why should I support a system that will later oppress people (if not Na'vi, other alien races) AND oppress population right now? I think not knowing is the worse. What happens to the Na'vis after the RDA leaves? Does the RDA comes back and kill everyone? Are the Na'vis happy? How can I know.
So I've come to think about suicide. I simply can't live like this any longer. I admit it looks sort of ridiculous - killing yourself for a movie? Nobody has understood what I was feeling. Nothing I've tried - even on this forum - has helped, and I fear it will never get better. I am simply too obsessed, too unhappy to continue. I think about Avatar, only Avatar, all Avatar. I want to be a Na'vi, meet Neytiri and visit Pandora. Tonight I will go watch the last evening show of Avatar and end my life thereafter. There is no point for me to continue to live. I'm too unhappy. You could tell me to wait for Avatar 2 to come out, but it's going to come out so late (if at all) I'm better off not thinking about it.
So, Reddit, thank you for allowing me to talk about it, and sorry for this long, interminable post. I only ask that you do not laugh about me. Too many people have already. I have spent part of the two last weeks on this forum and enjoyed the beautiful pictures, extra information, and chance to know the Avatar's environment even better. I feel privileged that I was able to watch this movie, but it did made me feel very depressed, and obsessed. It's definitely dangerous, and I want people to be warned about it.
I will not post again. Thank you again for listening to me, it really did help me to tell everything I was thinking about, and thank you again for this great forum.

erm Thats pretty ****ed up

Bardock42
Originally posted by K.Diddy
blink Apparently so,For anyone interested,have a read of this

Hi,
I know you and I don't know each other. I have been lurking this website for weeks now, never posting, fearing it may increase my addiction.
I have "Avatar blues," although I do believe my situation is significantly worse than the average viewer. I don't get much support, and every person I've spoken to has dismissed my claims. You might think suicide is a bit extreme and I have to admit it is, but I am out of option. In my religion classes (Christian), I was told that if a person has lived a good life, he can go to whichever place he wants upon his death; I am simply hoping to rest on Pandora forever.
My story begins days before Christmas. I went to see Avatar because it was the movie to see, with my family. I remember liking it, but not "falling in love" with it. It was just a movie, like so many other. The first viewing was not particularly special for me. I liked it, I thought about the Na'vi for a few minutes afterwards, then went on to celebrate Christmas and forgot about it. I'll always regret seeing it a second time. Ironically, had I stopped there, nothing of this would have happened. Ironic that the second viewing of this movie changed everything.
After New Year's Eve, I went to see this movie again with friends because I felt it has more to offer. I liked the 3D effects and wanted to see it again.
Boy, was I wrong!
It completely devastated me. I had a whole different experience. It was happy, then sad, then even sadder, then shocking. Suddenly I couldn't do anything but think about the Na'vi - Neytiri and Jake, in particular. I was angry at the RDA and angry at our government, currently killing Iraqians for the same purpose (oil, unobtanium...) and suddenly I saw no sense in what I was doing. My friends didn't share much of my feelings, simply talking about the "simple plot" and that it was entertaining. But I was on a whole different level. I was emotionally shocked, traumatized.
I fell in love with the whole planet, then realized my whole life is pointless. I'll never meet the Na'vis or anything remotely exciting. I'll never go on Pandora and explore it myself. I am not even rich and will live a pointless life in a stupid job, while Jake is out there exploring with the Na'vis, living a true life on Pandora, the magnificent and beautiful Pandora! I am nothing, my whole life is nothing. I'm spending it studying numbers and letter while Jake does something that really counts, with the most amazing woman in the universe.
I went to see the movie again the next day, alone. Since then, I saw the movie almost every day. I have watched this movie over 15 times and simply can't get enough of it - it's an addiction, and I cannot get rid of it.
I have even downloaded the movie (illegally, I confessed) and watched it again - and then paid to watch it at the cinema again anyway! I downloaded the soundtrack and skipped school to play the video game (always as Na'vi, I will never know what the human side looks like). I read everything I could find about Avatar - both on the Internet or in writing.
I could not live without Avatar. I couldn't concentrate in class and got a 0 in an early exam. I know for a fact I won't be able to study and that this session will be disastrous. I only think about Avatar, all the time. I only want to see the movie again, join the beautiful Neytiri and close my eyes again as the Hometree is put down (which I've started to do the last times). I stopped talking to friends and spend most of my free time in my room, thinking about Avatar, writing Fan Fiction and drawing.
I hoped my situation would improve with time, but it did not - each day, it got more intense, up to a point I could not sleep. I have never felt this way before - I have watched tons of movies, loved them (such as Inglorious Bastards, this year) but never felt so obsessed. I fear it will never improve, and I fear my life is worthless.
Not only am I contributing (indirectly) to a kind of futuristic RDA, by working and paying taxes (later in my life), but I can never hope to be a Na'vi. I am a stupid human in a stupid school doing stupid crap. How can I find a sense in my life when Jake and the Na'vis are fighting for survival on the most beautiful planet? And why should I support a system that will later oppress people (if not Na'vi, other alien races) AND oppress population right now? I think not knowing is the worse. What happens to the Na'vis after the RDA leaves? Does the RDA comes back and kill everyone? Are the Na'vis happy? How can I know.
So I've come to think about suicide. I simply can't live like this any longer. I admit it looks sort of ridiculous - killing yourself for a movie? Nobody has understood what I was feeling. Nothing I've tried - even on this forum - has helped, and I fear it will never get better. I am simply too obsessed, too unhappy to continue. I think about Avatar, only Avatar, all Avatar. I want to be a Na'vi, meet Neytiri and visit Pandora. Tonight I will go watch the last evening show of Avatar and end my life thereafter. There is no point for me to continue to live. I'm too unhappy. You could tell me to wait for Avatar 2 to come out, but it's going to come out so late (if at all) I'm better off not thinking about it.
So, Reddit, thank you for allowing me to talk about it, and sorry for this long, interminable post. I only ask that you do not laugh about me. Too many people have already. I have spent part of the two last weeks on this forum and enjoyed the beautiful pictures, extra information, and chance to know the Avatar's environment even better. I feel privileged that I was able to watch this movie, but it did made me feel very depressed, and obsessed. It's definitely dangerous, and I want people to be warned about it.
I will not post again. Thank you again for listening to me, it really did help me to tell everything I was thinking about, and thank you again for this great forum.

erm Thats pretty ****ed up

Yeah, there's like no ****ing paragraphs...****ed up shit.

XMr. WinterX
the kid really wanted to be a blue tall alien huh?confused

Tron
Transformers: RoTF

Seriously, f*ck that movie.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by XMr. WinterX
the kid really wanted to be a blue tall alien huh?confused

erm Yeah,I guess so

SnakeEyes
The Resident Evil movies, **** EM!

-Pr-
The Resident Evil movies, **** EM!

thumb up

Kazenji
Anything Uwe boll decides to do.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by sixella 34
Yes, the remake.

speaking of remakes

War Of The Worlds.
Halloween
The Omen.
Im sure there are more
God I hate remakes. mad

BruceSkywalker
Anything Uwe boll decides to do.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
speaking of remakes

War Of The Worlds.
Halloween
The Omen.
Im sure there are more
God I hate remakes. mad

erm Why does everyone hate the Halloween remake so much?

MildPossession
Because it's pointless rubbish. stick out tongue Go into the Halloween remake topics to find out more why it's rubbish.

smile

K.Diddy
Originally posted by MildPossession
Because it's pointless rubbish. stick out tongue Go into the Halloween remake topics to find out more why it's rubbish.

smile

erm I know the 2nd remake was rubbish and zombie should be shot for it,but I really liked what he did with his remake of the first one

MildPossession
I prefered the second over the first, but still rubbish.

K.Diddy
I prefered the second over the first, but still rubbish.

blink How the hell did you prefer the 2nd over the first?

MildPossession
Go to Horror section.

K.Diddy
Go to Horror section.

evil face Fine,I will!

BruceSkywalker
Zach and Miri make a porno.. atrocious

Surrogates, even more atrocious

Impediment
Ah, c'mon, Bruce.

Zack and Miri was decent. Even Jason Mewes' penis/scrotum was delightful to see, IMO.

BruceSkywalker
Ah, c'mon, Bruce.

Zack and Miri was decent. Even Jason Mewes' penis/scrotum was delightful to see, IMO.

sorry matt not in the slightest

RE: Blaxican
War of the Worlds remake was ****ing boss, dunno what ya'll are talking about. One of the few movies I liked Tom Cruise in.

Impediment
I hated the WotW remake.

Mr. Rhythmic
I hated the WotW remake.

I didn't hate it, but man did it just piss on the original novel. I didn't like it at all.

Mr. Rhythmic

I hated it not necessarily because it was one of the worst movies ever or anything, but I hate it like a part of me hates "Watchmen." Those movies had SO much potential to be two of the best damn movies ever, but ****ed it up amazingly. Were they Gigli-level garbage? No. Were they glorified shots of boobs, blood, and bad storytelling when they could've been brilliant pieces of cinema? Easily.

Impediment

I like it, but I'll never love it. I'll even admit that I own the dvd.

The original Halloween film is perfect as is. Period. There is no better way to end the film than Carpenter did.

Zombie, basically, just gave Myers a needless origin sequence and beefed up the violence and gore to a cool level. I'll admit that I loved the violence.

However, the original will always be better.

K.Diddy
I like it, but I'll never love it. I'll even admit that I own the dvd.

The original Halloween film is perfect as is. Period. There is no better way to end the film than Carpenter did.

Zombie, basically, just gave Myers a needless origin sequence and beefed up the violence and gore to a cool level. I'll admit that I loved the violence.

However, the original will always be better.

reading Oh,dont get me wrong the remake doesn't come close to the original,I just think it is one of the better remakes out there easily,so yeah,I pretty much agree with your post

Nemesis X
I think if anyone watched Son of the Mask, they would dislike infants even more.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
War of the Worlds remake was ****ing boss, dunno what ya'll are talking about. One of the few movies I liked Tom Cruise in.

because it is utter crap.. even seeing gene barry and ann robinson didn't help it

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think if anyone watched Son of the Mask, they would dislike infants even more.

laughing out loud I have heard that one is real bad,I must watch it someday,just for a laugh

Nemesis X
The only error I saw in War of the Worlds was the little girl who wouldn't shut up. Everytime I see the movie, I always push the mute button before she starts shouting like she's a miniature banshee.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>