Absorbing Man vs. Firestorm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Creel gets high intelligence for this one

vansonbee
Firestorm should take this fight with ease, he has understanding of Creel abilities and could fight from safe distance or breakdown whatever Creel absorbed.

Galan007
Surprisingly enough, the only real way I see FS winning is if he let AM grab him. Why? Because the Matrix (where Firestorm's power comes from) contains infinite energy. Thus AM could potentially overload himself.

Other then that..?

batdude123
He could transmute AM into air.

Q99
Absorbing Man strikes me as *more* easy for Firestorm to beat than a normal villain. He turns himself into stuff that can be transmuted!

So Firestorm should have a pretty easy time of it.

Galan007
Originally posted by batdude123
He could transmute AM into air. True. But an 'intelligent' AM (as this thread specifies) should be able to absorb the transmutational energy used against him, thus negating the offensive attack it was originally meant to be.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
True. But an 'intelligent' AM (as this thread specifies) should be able to absorb the transmutational energy used against him, thus negating the offensive attack it was originally meant to be. you just pulled that outta your backside

batdude123
True. But an 'intelligent' AM (as this thread specifies) should be able to absorb the transmutational energy used against him, thus negating the offensive attack it was originally meant to be.

mmm

Perhaps. Though, when has Creel demonstrated the ability to do this?

Galan007
mmm

Perhaps. Though, when has Creel demonstrated the ability to this? Demonstrated intelligence? Never.

Wait... Earth X saga, maybe?

batdude123
Yeah, Earth X AM was definitely more intelligent than his 616 counterpart.

That being said, there's also a power discrepancy there as well.

Starscream M
Demonstrated intelligence? No...when has he demonstrated the ability to absorb transmutational energy as you claim?

batdude123
And what MB said.

BlackZero30x
i think this is an awesome fight...but jeeze im not sure...firestorm could transform the floor into lava but creel could turn into lava....soo i guess who ever tires out first loses...

Galan007
Yeah, Earth X AM was definitely more intelligent than his 616 counterpart.

That being said, there's also a power discrepancy there as well. Agreed. I'ze just saying that if 616 AM were gifted with extreme intelligence, the only way I could see FS winning is the way I mentioned earlier.

And what MB said. I ignore all of his posts. You'll have to ask for me to respond. thumb up

Starscream M

I ignore all of his posts. What did I ever do to you? confused

batdude123
Agreed. I'ze just saying that if 616 AM were gifted with extreme intelligence, the only way I could see FS winning is the way I mentioned earlier.

I ignore all of his posts. You'll have to ask for me to respond. thumb up

Masterbruce: "When has (616 AM) demonstrated the ability to absorb transmutational energy as you claim?"

Galan007
"When has (616 AM) demonstrated the ability to absorb transmutational energy as you claim?" Considering the energies he's absorbed in the past (all of Asgard, for starters), I don't think it's illogical to assume he could absorb Firestorm's transmutational attacks.

Starscream M
jeez, this is ridiculous. batdude quoting me repeating batdude's initial inquiry.

galan, I'm sorry if I offended you somehow. please stop putting me on ignore pls smile

batdude123
Considering the energies he's absorbed in the past (all of Asgard, for starters), I don't think it's illogical to assume he could absorb Firestorm's transmutational attacks.

Granted, but there's a difference between AM absorbing something of his own volition by touching it, and having FS directly transmute him into air (which Thor has done to defeat him a couple times, iirc).

I don't see how greater intelligence would help in that respect, but that's just me.

And like I said before, EX Creel had abilities that 616 Creel does not have, so it's more than just a difference in intellect.

BlackZero30x
firestorm could transform AM into a drug and sell it to people...causing them to gain temporary powers............whistling

Galan007
Granted, but there's a difference between AM absorbing something of his own volition by touching it, and having FS directly transmute him into air (which Thor has done to defeat him a couple times, iirc).

I don't see how greater intelligence would help in that respect, but that's just me.

And like I said before, EX Creel had abilities that 616 Creel does not have, so it's more than just a difference in intellect. AM has absorbed offensive energy attacks used against him in the past. Personally, I don't think there's anything that FS could dish out that AM wouldn't be able to assimilate. That's just me, though.

batdude123
AM has absorbed offensive energy attacks used against him in the past. Personally, I don't think there's anything that FS could dish out that AM wouldn't be able to assimilate. That;s just me, though.

Right, he absorbs anything he comes in contact with. That isn't the same, however, as FS directly transmuting his body as I was suggesting.

Galan007
Right, he absorbs anything he comes in contact with. That isn't the same, however, as FS directly transmuting his body as I was suggesting. It's still an energy attack, though. Personally I think a transmutational attack would work for a few seconds at most, before an intelligent AM simply rebuilt himself.

batdude123
It's still an energy attack, though. Personally I think a transmutational attack would work for a few seconds at most, before an intelligent AM simply rebuilt himself.

So he would become... "transmutational energy"? What?

You're reaching here, imo. I don't see how having his IQ being a few points higher means he'd be able to rebuild his body back to his "normal" form after being turned to air when that has defeated him on numerous occasions. It's a matter of sheer ability, not intellect, imo.

Though, I do recognize the fact that you're speculating about all this. I just simply don't agree.

Warlord
I agree with batdude here...there might be a possibility for him to do that but the most probable scenario is not to do such a thing IMO

Galan007
So he would become... "transmutational energy"? What?

You're reaching here, imo. I don't see how having his IQ being a few points higher means he'd be able to rebuild his body back to his "normal" form after being turned to air when that has defeated him on numerous occasions. It's a matter of sheer ability, not intellect, imo.

Though, I do recognize the fact that you're speculating about all this. I just simply don't agree. Yeah it's definitely all speculation on my part, because we've never really seen a 'competent' AM. I just think that with an increase in his intelligence, he'd be able to not only absorb almost any type of energy attack used against him, but also gain a degree of mastery over said energy, very quickly. I think he's certainly got the ability to do so, based on what he's absorbed in the past - and with the mental prowess to use whatever he absorbs wisely, I think he could rebuild himself from a direct transmutational attack almost instantly (much how Sentry reconfigured himself after being atomized by Molecule Man.)

Can't be certain, but it seems plausible imo.

batdude123
Still seems like a reach to me.

You're granting him extra abilities that, at least imo, seem to be independent of a higher intellect.

Galan007
^ That's where my opinion differs. I think he's got the ability now, but lacks the intellect to use that ability to it's max.

The Nuul
^ That's where my opinion differs. I think he's got the ability now, but lacks the intellect to use that ability to it's max.

I have to agree with this, most of the reasons why AM doesnt do as well as hes supposed to do is because he lacks the intelligence. Imo thats his kryptonite, people can out smart him ftw.

Knowsbleed33
And like I said before, EX Creel had abilities that 616 Creel does not have, so it's more than just a difference in intellect.

What abilities? Earth X Creel was just him at full potential.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.