Regigigas vs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MooCowofJustice
You know I had to do it. So, yeah, Regigigas is going to take on these guys. I am negating the effects of Slow Start, so Regigigas is at full power. I am also going to grant him the ability to use any move within his move pool in an attempt to even the odds (yes I think Regigigas will have problems with some of these).

If Regigigas fails, he'll move on to the next round.

1. Mario with his awesome mallet that I shall make indestructible via the power of JUSTICE! I'll also give him the ability to throw fire balls without a power up. As you all know, Toonforce is bullshit so his castle feat counts. Happens right before the Olympics in Sydney so that the pole vaulters can be outdone by a 4 foot tall fat Italian plumber.

2. War. I don't know much about this guy, so I guess I'll put him at full power. erm Takes place inside the most fearsome beast on planet Earth. We all know it as "Steve Carrell."

3. Kratos from GoW3. No Power of Hope (stfu Sin), no soul stealing (think he did it at some point). He can have all of his weapons though. Takes place in France, because I enjoy the idea of someone climbing up the Eifle tower.

4. Samus Aran. Power Beam, Speed booster, Varia Suit. Provided the Metroids show up, she can have the Ice Beam. And yeah, if this isn't over in fifteen minutes a swarm of Metroids will show up, because Metroids are cool. Takes place on Planet Fastoon devoid of life, except for plants and junk so everyone can breathe.

5. Bowser, Ridley, and Charizard. Galaxy Bowser, and regular Ridley so as to keep him from being broken. Meta may be possible, if normal is too weak. Probably won't be, though. Takes place inside the throne room of Bowser's castle in SMRPG, only I'm going to increase the size and make the walls indestructible through JUSTICE!

Round 1 is just Regigigas.
Round 2 he gets to take his Legendary trio with him. Regice, Regirock, and Registeel who will also have access to their full move pools.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
No Power of Hope (stfu Sin)

laughing

BloodRain
Good choice in nulling the slow start. Gonna stay off the Mario topic >>

War and Kratos if Regi abuses his specials like thunders, ice or that twin hyper beam. Want to see how avalanche will fair with them. Not much of a chance though.

Only beating Samus if she's distracted by the metroids, 'cos they wont be touching Regi.

Type punches and Giga impact for round 5.

ScreamPaste
climbing up the Eifle tower.

GIT DOWN FRUM THAR!

Disagree, I don't think War has much of a chance against Regigigas tbh. no expression Pulling continents is.. Really uber.

ares834
He didn't necessarily pull the continents though that is simply what the legends say.

MooCowofJustice
I should have given him those uber and unbreakable ropes.

link-rape

MooCowofJustice
So, someone should show me Kratos' best strength feat. Do wanna see.

AsbestosFlaygon
Pkmn are hax.

I doubt Kratos (yes, even him) would fare well against some stronger Pkmn, let alone the Legendaries.

BloodRain
So, someone should show me Kratos' best strength feat. Do wanna see.

Not bothered to find the vid but stopping Cronos' from crushing him.

MooCowofJustice
So is it real this time, then? Did Cronos actually intend to kill/harm him?

The Scenario
I'm not sure Samus will win that easily, to be honest. If her only weapon is the Power Beam, that is. The Speed Booster will have to be her pimary means of attack. Of course, Reggie might have some difficulty hurting Samus in return.

I love ReggieGiygas, though.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nintendo.joystiq.com/media/2009/03/regigigas30209.jpg

BloodRain
Yep Cronos had a killing intent.. least i think he did.

Demonic Phoenix
So is it real this time, then? Did Cronos actually intend to kill/harm him?

Tries to crush him twice. From his words, he definitely wanted to kill Kratos.
First time was with his finger ala Atlas. (1:00 onwards)
The other time, he basically tried to kill Kratos somewhat like how we would kill a fly with our palms. (7:30 onwards)

3MBJv5D5OUw
Way more epic than any battle in any Link game so far 313. Watch part 2 for more epicness.

He could try blinding Regigigas?
~ Also, Regigigas moving continents is a myth no expression

Sin_Volvagia
If Regigigas can move continents, he should have a higher attack power than Machamp, Tyranitar, and Dragonite.

ares834
He does... lol

MooCowofJustice
As I've said before, twice now. Stats likely don't reflect their actual abilities. Slaking does not have the strength to move continents, but its attack matches Regigigas'.

The myths in Pokemon are pretty much always true. I can't name one that hasn't been, yet.

Sin_Volvagia
As I've said before, twice now. Stats likely don't reflect their actual abilities. Slaking does not have the strength to move continents, but its attack matches Regigigas'.

The myths in Pokemon are pretty much always true. I can't name one that hasn't been, yet.

Stats do reflect abilities. Why do you think Machamp has high attack and Onix has high defense?

MooCowofJustice
So Alakazam is faster than Mach 2? Well it must be, he has a far higher speed stat than Pidgeot.

ScreamPaste

I can't name a single myth in fiction that ever turned out to be untrue. no expressionOriginally posted by MooCowofJustice
So Alakazam is faster than Mach 2? Well it must be, he has a far higher speed stat than Pidgeot. Nah, let him have stats, attack doesn't necessarily mean physical strength anyway. Medicham for example augments it's physical strikes with psychic power. I've always wanted a mach 2 Charizard.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I can't name a single myth in fiction that ever turned out to be untrue. no expression Nah, let him have stats, attack doesn't necessarily mean physical strength anyway. Medicham for example augments it's physical strikes with psychic power. I've always wanted a mach 2 Charizard.

You said anime is canon so there's no mach 2 Charizard.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
You said anime is canon so there's no mach 2 Charizard. Games = #1 canon.

Sin_Volvagia
Games = #1 canon.

Nope canon is canon. You said anime is canon therefore, Charizard moves slower than Cloud.

MooCowofJustice
Regigigas can run at Mach 2 with stats then, as well.

link-rape

Sin_Volvagia

link-rape

In the anime?

ScreamPaste
Nope canon is canon. You said anime is canon therefore, Charizard moves slower than Cloud. Nope, because where the anime disagrees with the game,s the games are right, and because /you/ said stats are canon, Zard is faster than Dragonite, who's mach 2+.

MooCowofJustice
No. But stats reflect abilities.

^you said that

Pidgeot can fly at Mach 2 with a base speed of 91. Regigigas' base speed is 100.

The Scenario
It's like no one realizes that there are levels of canon. There is no ONE CANON. In fiction, there are often contradictions, where it becomes necessary to separate which souce might be more canon than another.

For instance: The Halo books. They are canon, but the games take precedence if the two disagree. The only thing higher than the games, in my opinion, is a statement from the creator, commonly known as Word of God. As an example, Yoshio Sakamo has stated that Samus' suit takes a constant amount of concentration impossible for a normal human. There's no evidence of this in the games, but he's the creator, so his word goes.

Pokemon has something similar. Creator > Games > Manga > Anime > Other stuff, like the card game. The anime can be used, but only if the games don't disagree. It's useful for things the games don't show, but nothing more.

MooCowofJustice
I think stat distribution is a gameplay mechanic specifically in place to keep the games balanced. Sure there is a correlation to a Pokemon's actual abilities, but not always.

In the games, it is pretty much impossible to beat an Aggron with a Jigglypuff, but in the anime and manga, it is very possible. There are lots of other examples, too. Due to the game stat distribution its impossible for something like Mamoswine to do better with Special Attacks than Physical, but in the anime Dawn's Mamoswine actually did more damage to something with a Hidden Power than a Take Down.

Heythere,Honey
Stats aren't an accurate way of estimating stuffs. The Pidgeot-Garchomp issue proves this.

Sin_Volvagia
Nope, because where the anime disagrees with the game,s the games are right, and because /you/ said stats are canon, Zard is faster than Dragonite, who's mach 2+.

Nope, if anime is canon, everything it shows is accurate.

Phanteros
All this talking about cannon makes me, angry.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Phanteros
All this talking about cannon makes me, angry.

Even more than the power of Hope?

Phanteros
Even more than the power of Hope? RAAAGGEEEEE!!!!

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll243/davidispikachu/RageFace.png

ScreamPaste

link-rape To be fair, if he can haul continents.. Why the hell not?

MooCowofJustice
laughing Excellent point is excellent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.