Wolverine vs. Absorbing man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Takes place on a deserted planet.

dmills
Interesting match up. Have these two ever fought before?

StiltmanFTW
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2198/absorbingmandu5.jpg

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8149/absorbingman2xv6.jpg

or

(non-616)

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6783/houseofmmastersofevil02.th.jpg http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6783/houseofmmastersofevil02.th.jpg

And if they were both powerless:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6324/creelhb9.th.jpg

The Nuul
AM should win but loses if Logan can manage to out smart him some how.

aristoraptor
Very interesting matchup. I suppose AM could BFR Wolverine, though Wolverine could end it with a single shot if he gets first hit. I'll go Wolverine 6/10.

dmills
Stilitman on the freakin spot with the insta scans! You had those all ready to go didn't you? Don't lie. stick out tongue

Black bolt z
I knew about the secret wars one but that wasn't really a "fight".

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by dmills
Stilitman on the freakin spot with the insta scans! You had those all ready to go didn't you? Don't lie. stick out tongue

Of course I did happy

Originally posted by Black bolt z
I knew about the secret wars one but that wasn't really a "fight".

You're right, Logan should've decapitated him after chopping his arm off instead of disregarding him as a threathttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon4.gif

Wild Shadow
wolverine cant really win unless he can decapitate or take out his arms b4 he can absorb his adamantium properties.

i could see wolverine severing fingers and a arm but that is where he most likely stops once creel starts absorbing his adamantium.

if logan is lucky absorbing man would lift him close to his face and logan can severe his head off...

but no pis or cis... absorbing man really shouldnt lose.

rotiart
If wolverine let's creel absorb the adamantium properties then yes creel for the win..

But wolverine might be fast enough to slice and dice before creel can absorb the properties

Wild Shadow
well wolverine does know who creel is and what his powers are so it could be possible and somewhat likely he wouldnt use adamantium claws into he was sure he could make it count.

so logan could try to pummel him with his fist 1st but would prove somewhat pointless if and when creel absorbs the ground or his ball and chain... then logan would have top wait for creel to pick him up or logan go for the head at the last possible moment unsheathing his claws for a decapitation.

amnesia
Creel. I mean the guy beat both hulk and Thor.

ankur29
split

could creel absorb adamantium as soon as it makes contact with his skin?

StiltmanFTW
I don't think so.

The Nuul
Why not?

Wild Shadow
it has to be a conscious activation of his power.. Am has screwed himself in the pass by not being able to absorb certain abilities right off the bat also he has bn shown to not have fine control of the absorption process at times.

so no i dont see it as likely course for creel to absorb adamantium the minute it makes contact with him.

Mindset
AM

amnesia
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
it has to be a conscious activation of his power.. Am has screwed himself in the pass by not being able to absorb certain abilities right off the bat also he has bn shown to not have fine control of the absorption process at times.

so no i dont see it as likely course for creel to absorb adamantium the minute it makes contact with him.

I doubt that counts in a VS thread. Full power.

Wild Shadow
it counts b/c there is a limit to how Absorbing mans powers work for instance conscious activation of his power is required and simply being hit does not give automatic absorption to him.

he has to brace and will the absorption. he doesnt absorb anything just by him being touched by it unless his activation power is already in process.

the rules still apply in the forum battle. it isnt pis or cis it is how the power works.

Black bolt z
Could absorbing man turn into paper or water or sand or something like that?and if so could he separte himself?

KingD19
Could absorbing man turn into paper or water or sand or something like that?and if so could he separte himself?

He's turned into Super Power Granting Crack before, he can become basically whatever he touches.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KingD19
He's turned into Super Power Granting Crack before, he can become basically whatever he touches. I know but can he like separted himself.If he turned into sand could he disperse so he could make a qucik escape?Or would he have to keep his physical form as sand?

vansonbee
Originally posted by KingD19
He's turned into Super Power Granting Crack before, he can become basically whatever he touches. Originally posted by Black bolt z
I know but can he like separted himself.If he turned into sand could he disperse so he could make a qucik escape?Or would he have to keep his physical form as sand? He already answer it, if he was able to do it with crack, why not sand? confused

Wild Shadow
I know but can he like separted himself.If he turned into sand could he disperse so he could make a qucik escape?Or would he have to keep his physical form as sand? absorbing man has turn to water to make an escape b4.. he has absorbed the properties of the earth itself which would include sand and rocks...

more then one occasion though he has bn dispersed which has effected and damaged his psyche

redhotrash
He absorbs the dirt hes standing on at the start, Wolverine's claws pass through harmlessly (as if he were slashing Sandman most likely), as they pass, he absorbs the adamantium and proceeds to stomp him.

Wild Shadow
at that moment the wind picks up and blows Creel away

Black bolt z
absorbing man has turn to water to make an escape b4.. he has absorbed the properties of the earth itself which would include sand and rocks...

more then one occasion though he has bn dispersed which has effected and damaged his psyche So he can disperse but not without consequence.Got it
at that moment the wind picks up and blows Creel away laughing out loud

BlackZero30x
can't wolvie be KO'ed?.......so couldn't Am potentially become something that's not solid that can incapacitate logan from the inside?

Wild Shadow
water and sand would do it.

redhotrash
Creel's greatest enemy are his writers. He can go from complete dipstick or borderline cunning. Either incarnation should be able to take Wolverine.

Wild Shadow
it really comes down to his surrounding with what kind of attack he can pull out...

Absorbing on a deserted planet only viable attack is to use the rock/soil or his ball and chain...

no pis AM can actually turn into a giant right off the bat limiting wolverine's one option and closing the win for AM

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by ankur29
split

could creel absorb adamantium as soon as it makes contact with his skin?

Yes.

Wild Shadow
no.

Mindset
Yes.

Knowsbleed33
Maybe.

Mindset
Possibly.

Knowsbleed33
Most likely.

Wild Shadow
look at AM's consistent showings under a similar attacks.. not likely.

Knowsbleed33
look at AM's consistent showings under a similar attacks.. not likely.

He's instantly absorbed the properties of bullets as they were being fired at him, why would Wolverine (who moves alot slower than bullets) be any different?

Wild Shadow
he has failed to absorb various ppl's attacks as it happens.. he failed with cap's shield.. only reason he succeeds is b/c he already has his power activated and in process.. no warning of the attack and he cant absorb it.

Knowsbleed33
When did he fail to absorb caps shield?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
When did he fail to absorb caps shield? in there fights..

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Cap%2050/CaptainAmericav305013.jpg

Mindset
He didn't try to absorb it though.

At least not that anyone can prove...unless you can. embarrasment

Wild Shadow
exactly... it is a conscious effort to absorb properties not what some of you guys are trying to pass off as.. he has a bunch of moments like these..

he isnt going to transform unless he is aware and sees the attack coming and his power active..

logan simply going for a slice wont do it unless his claws get stuck in him and logan keeps them in long enough for AM to steal its properties..

Knowsbleed33
Obviously he didn't seeing as how he already absorbed concrete in the panel before.

If he was flesh and blood, and saw the shield coming for him, he's surely try and absorb it. Besides, he's absorb the properties of the shield in the past.

Mindset
exactly... it is a conscious effort to absorb properties not what some of you guys are trying to pass off as.. he has a bunch of moments like these..

he isnt going to transform unless he is aware and sees the attack coming and his power active..

logan simply going for a slice wont do it unless his claws get stuck in him and logan keeps them in long enough for AM to steal its properties.. Yea, so when he sees Logan slashing at him he'd make the conscious effort to absorb the adamantium.

Not that hard.

When is it shown that he has to be in contact for a significant amount of time to absorb it?

Wild Shadow
sigh....facepalm2

i think someone needs to start reading more absorbing man fights and see how his powers work,,,

he braces himself for absorption when it comes to energy and physical attacks in order to steal the power...

he fails to absorb attacks when he isnt actively aware of the material and is struck by them..

if he is in the middle of the absorption process it can be interrupted by tossing something else.

AM doesnt absorb crap he is struck with while fighting and most importantly wolverine has already proven to be able slice absorbing man and absorbing man not immediately absorb the metal when making contact..

unless AM is walking around and fighting with his absorption power constantly on while fighting logan he will not absorb the metal with a slight quick contact.. also i am sure him glowing would be the tip off.

Knowsbleed33
No he doesn't. Almost everything he absorbs, he does so instantly. As I said, he's absorbed the properties of bullets as they're being fired at him.

He'll easily absorb the adamantium as Wolverine is trying to slash him.

Mindset
Was that in response to me?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
No he doesn't. Almost everything he absorbs, he does so instantly. As I said, he's absorbed the properties of bullets as they're being fired at him.

He'll easily absorb the adamantium as Wolverine is trying to slash him. so why did he fail in the pass to absorb logan's adamantium when logan sliced off his arm..

why did he get a bullet stuck inside him if he absorb the properties?...

why has he bn shattered by uru mace and hammer if he absorbs it the minute it touches him?...

why did he fail to absorb caps shield when he was struck by it?

most importantly why does he usually grab and hold on to thinks as he transforms? why has it bn to the point that the process can be interrupted?

AM ability is somewhat quick but it isnt instantaneous nor does it work with everything that touches him that is why he usually reaches for things or braces himself....

most importantly his reaction time isnt actually superhuman or enhance at least his neural kinetics arent he can be beaten to the punch easily as it has bn proven in the past.

which you of all ppl should know

Knowsbleed33
Because he wasn't trying to absorb it then.

Wild Shadow
ooh.... okay then as oppose to here on KMC right?

blow

answer me this if absorbing man is rock or iron and logan goes for the quick decapitation how far will logan's claws get b4 AM turns into Adamntium?

count and compare one anothers reaction time who is actually able to out react who in the reflex reaction time starting from the same nonpowered attack.

novablast16
logan winns??? no maybe.... huh

redhotrash
He didnt see the shield or Wolverine coming in those 2 instances. Regardless, he absorbs dirt which Wolverine harmlessly slices through

Wild Shadow
and he gets blown away by the wind and scattered and wolverine wins by BFR

Wimjet
Originally posted by redhotrash
He didnt see the shield or Wolverine coming in those 2 instances. Regardless, he absorbs dirt which Wolverine harmlessly slices through

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Looks to me like he saw Wolverine comming.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Wimjet

Looks to me like he saw Wolverine comming. I don't think he knew about wolverine at that point.
What is absorbing man was in space?Could he become space or would he acctually be absoring nothing?

ankur29
Originally posted by Wimjet

Looks to me like he saw Wolverine comming.

maybe he thought logan woudl not be able to cut him so didn't try to absorb teh adamantium

Wild Shadow
i just want to make clear that i dont think wolverine wins the majority not even a close fight but i am simply arguing ppl's warped belief that AM's power is somehow reflexive and works with whatever touches him instantaneously.

Black bolt z
I know it's not instantaneously.It would only take a second of consious effort to due though.

Wild Shadow
I know it's not instantaneously.It would only take a second of conscious effort to due though. yes, conscious effort is the key word here.

Knowsbleed33
ooh.... okay then as oppose to here on KMC right?

blow

answer me this if absorbing man is rock or iron and logan goes for the quick decapitation how far will logan's claws get b4 AM turns into Adamntium?

count and compare one anothers reaction time who is actually able to out react who in the reflex reaction time starting from the same nonpowered attack.

Geez, you're pretending that Creel is going to be completely unaware in this fight. As you said, it's KMC. Creel knows all about Wolverine and his ability, so when the fight starts, Creel sets himself to absorb Wolverines adamantium when he comes at him, he instantly absorbs the properties, then proceeds to beat Wolverines head into the ground giving him brain damage a'la WWH.

Wild Shadow
you realize i never gave the win to wolverine, right?

i was arguing ur stance of automatic absorption and u didnt answer who has the superior reflexes and neural kinetics which shouldnt be that hard to answer..

any ways in a forum fight wolverine would also be on his best and seeing he knows who creel is would also do his best not to unsheathe his claws unless absolutely necessary and would resort to bare knuckle punching to surprise creel...

Knowsbleed33
I've given you an example that trumps all yours. In an instance where he was attempting to absorb something, he's been able to absorb bullets being shot at him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.