After.Life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Moscow
Movie comes out tomorrow (the 9th). Looks interesting, and a movie reviewer said Neeson does his good low-key portrayals once again.

Stars Christina Ricci, Liam Neeson, and Justin Long

After a horrific car accident, Anna (Ricci) wakes up to find the local funeral director Eliot Deacon (Neeson) preparing her body for her funeral. Confused, terrified and feeling still very much alive, Anna doesn't believe she's dead, despite the funeral director's reassurances that she is merely in transition to the afterlife. Eliot convinces her he has the ability to communicate with the dead and is the only one who can help her. Trapped inside the funeral home, with nobody to turn to except Eliot, Anna is forced to face her deepest fears and accept her own death. But Anna's grief-stricken boyfriend Paul (Long) still can't shake the nagging suspicion that Eliot isn't what he appears to be. As the funeral nears, Paul gets closer to unlocking the disturbing truth, but it could be too late; Anna may have already begun to cross over the other side.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838247/plotsummary

Myth
I love Neeson, and I love the concept, but it looks like shiit.

Moscow
Yeah, I heard there's an emphasis on the color red. As if to symbolize the lead character's descent from life or her gradual ascent to life.

Neeson's one of my favorite actors, so I'll probably see it just to see how he does

Patient_Leech
Just watched this. Liam Neeson sees dead people. stick out tongue

By chance I saw it on the shelf in the movie store, so I looked it up on Netflix and it was view instant. Pretty nice little film. Keeps you wondering just what's going on, while maintaining its realism to some degree. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's moving and interesting. Definitely a movie that Liam Neeson wasn't just doing to pay the bills (like Battleship, lol). And it's weird, I think lots of people could have played the part that Neeson does in this, because it's not a very complicated roll (pretty dull actually), but somehow he was still the perfect person for the part and just his presence makes it more interesting. He's got great subtlety. It's well-acted by everyone, I thought. Could have used a little bit of levity, but I thought it was excellent..

thumb up

Tis a movie about Death... why I am drawn to these sorts of movies so, I do not know... twisted

mardook
This looks like crap. Anything with Justin Long in it, I tend to avoid like the plague. He plays the same role here much like he did in Drag Me to Hell?!

siriuswriter
Dude. Read this thread then hopped over to netflix.

AWESOME MOVIE.

rudester
Originally posted by mardook
This looks like crap. Anything with Justin Long in it, I tend to avoid like the plague. He plays the same role here much like he did in Drag Me to Hell?!

ur funny

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Dude. Read this thread then hopped over to netflix.

AWESOME MOVIE.

Yeah, I really can't recommend this movie enough. It's perhaps a little quirky, but I really enjoyed it. Very nice little indie film. If anyone doubts that it's worth seeing, it's worth seeing for Liam Neeson alone. Plus you get to see Christina Ricci naked. stick out tongue

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Plus you get to see Christina Ricci naked. stick out tongue

Yeah.... really wouldn't be much incentive for me... big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.