Episode 38 - Cat and Mouse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ordo
Wow. We are definately in the doldrums of this season.

Overall: Negative

Christophsis looked pretty from orbit? Lasers in space?

Dislikes:
I really, REALLY wanted to go back to Christophsis with Anakin and Kenobi for yet another prequel episode. What would make this episode even better?! Another contrived plot with incessant bickering and Skywalker antics. What would really help it would be an annoying Poggle-knock-off villian with a scary logo and an attempted backstory that was never really completed. Maybe they could also explain why they cant even follow their own clone codings system?

Though the BEST part was another great episode fueled not by plot or character, but by a new, poorly designed, one-episode-wonder, canon-bending secret weapon that has no purpose other than to make up for poor script writing and this show's aimless direction.

Ms.Marvel
would you like a hug? sad

Lord-Sidious1
I quite liked the diversity of this episode, instead of all the re-occurring Coruscant senate affairs and the brutal "Droid vs Clones" episodes. Although I feel is does mirror a previous episode, "Storm over Ryloth". In Storm over Ryloth an impenetrable blockade covers Ryloth and Anakin has few ships to penetrate it with.

But all in all it was a breath of fresh air and I liked it.

Ordo
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
would you like a hug? sad

hehe *hugs*

D-FENS
Originally posted by Ordo
Wow. We are definately in the doldrums of this season.

No offense, but this whole show is looking pretty much like the doldrums of the whole Star Wars franchise.

queeq
Yup... Monotonous Wars...

Ordo
Originally posted by D-FENS
No offense, but this whole show is looking pretty much like the doldrums of the whole Star Wars franchise.

lmao big grin

queeq
On the Star Wars.com forums every seems extremely positive about the series. I'm wondering if I'm watching the same series...

D-FENS
Originally posted by queeq
On the Star Wars.com forums every seems extremely positive about the series. THAT'S another reason why they shouldn't allow 10 year olds on the internet...

And people thought the Prequels were bad. Seriously, this show makes those movies look like the first two Godfather movies.

queeq
laughing out loud

REXXXX
I think it would have been better if the seasons told one adventure rather than a thousand miniature ones...

queeq
Agreed.

D-FENS
Originally posted by REXXXX
I think it would have been better if the seasons told one adventure rather than a thousand miniature ones... No. It wouldve been better if they'd made it exactly like the Tartakovsky Clone Wars(drawn animation and all), except earlier.

I mean, look at General Grievous in this Clone Wars compared to the old one;

Old one he actually scared the crap out of you when he was first introduced(Let's face it, he crushed some dumb kid into the ground with his clawed feet when we first saw him), kicked a whole squad of both Jedi and ARC Troopers asses, and even seemed like the menace that he was described as.

New one, he can't even kill a whiny 14 year old, get's his ass handed to him so many times, I'm surprised he hasn't been demoted to 'Private Grievous'.

And don't even get me started on the damn Battle Droids...

LanceWindu
There are plenty things wrong with the Tartakovsky cartoon as well, you don't notice as much since they did the smart thing and kept talking to a minimum. I totally agree with you about Grievous, though. He was such a bad ass in the cartoon version. In the movie...he was cool and all, but didn't live up to the hype.

It was a totally idiotic move to put Grievous in the new show, since the main characters only meet him for the first time in Revenge of the Sith.

Lucas ****ed up the battle droids in Episode 3 (not that they were great to begin with, but I digress...) by making their voices so cartoony, which carried over into the new Clone Wars cartoon.

queeq
The numerous fights with Grievous kinda make the one in ROTS like visiting the same train station you go to to take the train to work.

LanceWindu
So, he's been overused?

queeq
Well, yes... When two Jedi meet the same thig several times (and never beat him) it gets kinda stale. He doesn't really do anything surprising. All he does is attack and then flee...

D-FENS
Originally posted by LanceWindu
There are plenty things wrong with the Tartakovsky cartoon as well, you don't notice as much since they did the smart thing and kept talking to a minimum. I totally agree with you about Grievous, though. He was such a bad ass in the cartoon version. In the movie...he was cool and all, but didn't live up to the hype.

It was a totally idiotic move to put Grievous in the new show, since the main characters only meet him for the first time in Revenge of the Sith.

Lucas ****ed up the battle droids in Episode 3 (not that they were great to begin with, but I digress...) by making their voices so cartoony, which carried over into the new Clone Wars cartoon. I didn't say it was perfect, but certainly a lot better than this kiddy garbage.

Agreed, they might aswell not even have included him in the movie, that's how small his role was.

Well, the battle droids were pretty much f**ked up to begin with. But atleast in the first two movies, they weren't joking around, and in Taratakovsky's series, they actually seemed cold and emotionless. The ones in this show...

BTW Love your sig.

@queeq: Exactly.

queeq
Well, the next epsiode, Bounty Hunters, is quite bad. A lame rip off of the Seven Samurai. It even dedicates it to Akira Kurosawa... OMG...

LanceWindu
I didn't say it was perfect, but certainly a lot better than this kiddy garbage.

Agreed, they might aswell not even have included him in the movie, that's how small his role was.

Well, the battle droids were pretty much f**ked up to begin with. But atleast in the first two movies, they weren't joking around, and in Taratakovsky's series, they actually seemed cold and emotionless. The ones in this show...

BTW Love your sig.

@queeq: Exactly.

I never understood why the battle droids even needed to talk, at least to each other. You would think that since they are being controlled by a giant half eaten donut in the sky, they would practically be one entity and communicate with a internal radio signals...not vocal communicators.

At least in the first movie they weren't too goofy (but they still were). Then in ROTS...WTF?! They were turned into a walking laugh track. Why were the Super Battle Droids voices even more wimpy than a regular Battle Droid?

queeq
And why do they carry blasters? The Super BAttle Droids guns make more sense. If you're gonna build a fighting machine, better make it a walking (or rolling) gun. With Wifi link up.

Ordo
On the Star Wars.com forums every seems extremely positive about the series. I'm wondering if I'm watching the same series...

How did I miss this discussion?

SW.com is almost as bad as TFN. Its disgusting.

THAT'S another reason why they shouldn't allow 10 year olds on the internet...

And people thought the Prequels were bad.

I actually like the prequels, but this show still tries my patience.

Well, yes... When two Jedi meet the same thig several times (and never beat him) it gets kinda stale. He doesn't really do anything surprising. All he does is attack and then flee...

This is the biggest flaw with this show. There has NEVER been a point where I feared for a significan't character's safety. Nahdar died, Eeth almost died, but the Confederacy NEVER wins...never does damage. EVER.

Re: show vs Gendy. The problem with this show is they're doing an episodic show with the SAME characters. Gone are our hopes for the non-skywlaker story we were promised. The show needs to be a NARRATIVE with the SAME charcters or an EPISODIC show with DIFFERENT ones.

Even worse, we have the same 2-part episode problems. This should have been an hour long show. I'm sick of 2,3, and 4 parters because we cant be efficient storytellers.

queeq
Get ready for two Godzilla episodes then. Seems like they've turned into ode-mode.... OMG.

Ordo
yeah...I'm behind on reviews...exams.

queeq
THat's okay. I kinda figure what your review is gonna be like. hehehe

S_D_J
Get ready for two Godzilla episodes then. Seems like they've turned into ode-mode.... OMG.

Has that one aired yet? the godzilla episode?

I'm behind at least a couple of episodes, and judging by your comments, I'm not missing much erm

Ordo
Originally posted by S_D_J

I'm behind at least a couple of episodes, and judging by your comments, I'm not missing much erm

Yeah...I now have 6 episodes I need to review.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by S_D_J

At least one of them has, I can't remember if the second part has aired yet.

Hybris
the first aired last saturday in the USA and both have already aired in the UK smile

Ordo
Both have aired in the US.

queeq
I've seen both.

S_D_J
I've seen none

I'm behind 5 episodes now, I'll catch up through out the week... now I'm off to see the comments on the episodes threads

queeq
See if you want to watch them.

S_D_J
Chances are I'll watch them anyways erm... but it does not sound promising. I'm off to watch "Senate Murders" now... I'll cry later no expression

Ordo
I liked THe Zilo beast. Senate murders is meh. Only cool part was seeing a Kaminoan in drag.

S_D_J
I like the introduction of the Episode 3 era clone trooper armor, as brief as it was smile

Ordo
What? I missed that?

queeq
So that was the unique selling point of that episode???

Ordo
I dont think it was there, though.

queeq
Which was my point. wink

S_D_J
Originally posted by Ordo
I dont think it was there, though. Originally posted by queeq
Which was my point. wink

You guys aren't paying attention stick out tongue

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/dustinandtina/vlcsnap-15779890.png
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/dustinandtina/vlcsnap-15779890.png

That's "Yzma" showing it at the beginning of the episode

Ordo
*hugs*

S_D_J
I hope they start using them soon

Ordo
essentially there is no difference. The Phase 1 armor is already the color-unit clusterf*ck that the Phase II armor was.

It would have been cooler if they had left Phase I as seen in AOTC.

queeq
Personally, I don't really care. Is this show about armour types????

Ordo
Its part of the universe.

queeq
True... and the armours can be as beautiful as they can be. But I care more for the stories and how design helps telling them. In this case Sw is going in a direction where the two become rather separate.

Ordo
Well, when we get story, I'll be thrilled to support it.

queeq
Hehehe...

The Boba epsiode isn't all that bad. I think they've already ruined the character of Boba Fett IMHO, but this peisode doesn't make it worse really. I found it so refreshing to see an episode where Anakin (yes, he is in it, again) or OB1 (he is not in ti) do not play the main part. So that's the main lesson again: less Anakin and OB1, get us a bit of character story. This actually has a bit of that... OMG, I can't believe I said that.

Ordo
What part do you think ruined Boba?

queeq
The whole thing where he came from. It doesn't add anything to the character. It doesn't make him anymore menacing in the OT. In fact, it makes him more stupid... he goes against a Jedi and dies the same stupid way his father did.

And how does witnessing the death of his father relate to the fact that he becomes a bounty hunter? And not even (from an OT POV) as a Jedi Killer. So it's obsolete, it doesn't make the story move on, in the end it doesn't explain anything, it's just a pretentious, unwise and completely unnecessary attempt to add depth to a character that doesn't need that 'depth' to be cool. He always was cool, before they changed his voice into a kiwi one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.