No sound

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Have XP and its update to date.

Drivers say they are also up to date in device manager.

No sound on main speakers or MIC.

Ideas?

The Nuul
Issue resolved, please bin this.

The Nuul
Ok fixed the no audio part. But now what happens is my mic doesnt stay working for every long. I have a MS live chat LX-3000. It worked perfectly fine until I got this IDT high def codec. At first when you plugged the mic in windows will see it and ask to install the drivers, now it doesnt ask for this anymore. When using the mic in Vent and in COD after 5-10 I cannot chat with anyone for they cannot hear me but I can still hear them.

I think this IDT codec is the problem but I cannot get rid of it. I want back to my original audio drivers etc..

I have a Intel D946 GZIS.

Any ideas?

Robtard
Go to your Device Manager, click on the mic and uninstall, this should remove the driver. Restart the comp, it should find the mic and try to install the drivers, to make sure you don't get that driver you didn't want again, choose a manual install and go to where ever you saved the driver you want.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.