vanisher vs blink (616)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

1. No prep

2. An hour of prep each. They can bring whatever equipment they gather and teleport to the battlefield.

Fight takes place in the ruins of genosha.

StiltmanFTW
Basing on their brief encounter in Necrosha, I'd say Blink wins the first fight.

Not sure about the prep fight. Vanisher could ask the X-Club for some gadgets I guess.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Basing on their brief encounter in Necrosha, I'd say Blink wins the first fight.

Not sure about the prep fight. Vanisher could ask the X-Club for some gadgets I guess.

right, but in their second fight she teleports and he goes after her, managing to pluck her midteleport from whatever it is she goes through and hurt her that way. I got the impression he was also somehow keeping her from teleporting out again, but this is just an impression. He wasn't the one to deal the blow that puts her down though, archangel cuts her in half after she is stunned by vanisher

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
right, but in their second fight she teleports and he goes after her, managing to pluck her midteleport from whatever it is she goes through and hurt her that way. I got the impression he was also somehow keeping her from teleporting out again, but this is just an impression. He wasn't the one to deal the blow that puts her down though, archangel cuts her in half after she is stunned by vanisher

I agree with you about that teleport part. It clearly looked like he was preventing her from escaping. There are some things to consider though. First of all, Domino was there. Don't you think her luck powers might have helped Vanisher catch her? And yeah, it looked like Warren diced her in two, but we saw her later. Alive, making her and Mortis' escape (just prior to X-Force taking on Selene).

I agree with you about that teleport part. It clearly looked like he was preventing her from escaping. There are some things to consider though. First of all, Domino was there. Don't you think her luck powers might have helped Vanisher catch her? And yeah, it looked like Warren diced her in two, but we saw her later. Alive, making her and Mortis' escape (just prior to X-Force taking on Selene).

True domino was there, maybe she was responsible for him finding her. Although I think domino's power might require a direct action from her part, so it might not affect the success of others, even if she wants them to succeed, but I'm not sure about this. Initially I thought it was more along the lines of what azazel did when fighting nightcrawler, tracking him through what he called the teleportation currents of the brimstone dimension.

Blink survived of course, but she was radiating that pink teleportation light of hers from the wound. Like she was severed in two, but her power, that seemingly scrambles and reintegrates matter when teleporting, was still (barely) keeping her toghether.

I think this could go either way. She can obviously take body parts from him if he isn't quick enough to avoid it, while he has never displayed that ability. But his feat in their second encounter was pretty good too.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
True domino was there, maybe she was responsible for him finding her. Although I think domino's power might require a direct action from her part, so it might not affect the success of others, even if she wants them to succeed, but I'm not sure about this. Initially I thought it was more along the lines of what azazel did when fighting nightcrawler, tracking him through what he called the teleportation currents of the brimstone dimension.

Blink survived of course, but she was radiating that pink teleportation light of hers from the wound. Like she was severed in two, but her power, that seemingly scrambles and reintegrates matter when teleporting, was still (barely) keeping her toghether.

I think this could go either way. She can obviously take body parts from him if he isn't quick enough to avoid it, while he has never displayed that ability. But his feat in their second encounter was pretty good too.

I'm not sure about that either. But I find it hard to believe she just had so much faith in Telford. I think she caused her to have a bad luck, that'd be within her powerset, right?

You're right, she was. That would explain.

He did threaten Warren to teleport his arm off once, didn't he?

-K-M-
.........Spoiler boxes are fun

StiltmanFTW
Oh yes, they are.

I'm not sure about that either. But I find it hard to believe she just had so much faith in Telford. I think she caused her to have a bad luck, that'd be within her powerset, right?

You're right, she was. That would explain.

He did threaten Warren to teleport his arm off once, didn't he?

well causing a missfire or blunder is certainly possible for domino, but I think her power isn't passive, unless she herself takes action it doesn't do anything. For instance, if people shoot her and she stands there, she will die, the bullets won't swerve and nothing is gonna fall from the sky to intercept them. But if she tries to escape them, even if it requires a miracle, she manages it. I think it's reasonable to believe she would put that much faith in porter, he grew on these people after rescuing proudstar and saving them all from the soul eating wave, plus they had prep time to plan the attack. The two of them even go away toghether after necrosha is over.

yeah now that you mention it I think he said something like that, he can probably do it then

Originally posted by -K-M-
.........Spoiler boxes are fun

the most fun I've had in this site so far!

Bump

C'mon people, teleporters and spoiler boxes are fun!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.