Oblivion vs Mad Jim Jaspers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who takes it.

Colossus-Big C
wasnt he powerless when they placed him into a dimension with no reality to warp?
if thats true oblivion can win if its not then mjj wins

Black bolt z
Where exactly is MJJ on the cosmic scale?Also what comics are MJJ in?

galactusischere
Jaspers.

Knowsbleed33
Oblivion. Jaspers can't create, he can only warp what already exsists.

Colossus-Big C
but if he can warp nothingness like mxy can he can beat oblivion.

Knowsbleed33
You can't warp nothingness.

Colossus-Big C
mxy has and he did it on panel. though logicaly it shouldnt be possible

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
mxy has and he did it on panel. MJJ isn't Mxy.

the ninjak
Oblivion can't be manipulated.

Desaad
I'm pretty sure Oblivion's realm is still a reality unto itself. It's appearance indicates that it's just the end of the universe, or the beginning, rather than the absence of the universe. In other words, REALITY still exists (which is why you see all those dead planets), it's just that little else does.

Which means that Jasper could win.

Add to that, Oblivion is more likely a single-universe being where as Jasper was a threat to the omniverse, and...

Mindset
Originally posted by the ninjak
Oblivion can't be manipulated. Based on what?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindset
Based on what?

I see Oblivion as a universal being, not really a single entity but an idea a force of nature taht can take any shape depending on the observer. Whatever MJJ can direct at Oblivion, Oblivion would just reform elsewhere whole.

I don't even think that if MJJ destroyed the dimension Oblivion resided in that it would destroy him, it would just sleep and wait for another big bang to happen.

Toltec Indians believe in a triad force being the Known, the Unknown and Intent. Oblivion is the closest thing to the Unknown Marvel has. And that can never die.

Mindset
I see Oblivion as a universal being, not really a single entity but an idea a force of nature taht can take any shape depending on the observer. Whatever MJJ can direct at Oblivion, Oblivion would just reform elsewhere whole.

I don't even think that if MJJ destroyed the dimension Oblivion resided in that it would destroy him, it would just sleep and wait for another big bang to happen.

Toltec Indians believe in a triad force being the Known, the Unknown and Intent. Oblivion is the closest thing to the Unknown Marvel has. And that can never die. So based on nothing, cool.

the ninjak
So based on nothing, cool. rock thumb up

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Desaad
I'm pretty sure Oblivion's realm is still a reality unto itself. It's appearance indicates that it's just the end of the universe, or the beginning, rather than the absence of the universe. In other words, REALITY still exists (which is why you see all those dead planets), it's just that little else does.

Add to that, Oblivion is more likely a single-universe being where as Jasper was a threat to the omniverse, and... oblivions realm has little to no reality and is where people hit by the UN. goes

but oblivion himself stated on panel he is beyond his realm.
and his true form is no form or substance(infinit nothingness)

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Desaad

Add to that, Oblivion is more likely a single-universe being where as Jasper was a threat to the omniverse, and... he cant be a single universe being to the fact that he swallows multiple collapings universes at a time

Colossus-Big C

when thanos destroyed the omniverse. death appeared out of nothingness , she was unaffected.

Black bolt z
when thanos destroyed the omniverse. death appeared out of nothingness , she was unaffected. Thanos never destroyed the omniverse.

oblivion doesnt reside anywhere, because places are part of infinty, he is the nothingness outside of space. remember when drax and phyla went searching for moondragon in limbo? thar was part of oblivion, he has/is several dimensions like that: his realms, unplaces with nothing in them

if mjj cant create and has been neutralized by being in a reality without anything to warp, than he is screwed. oblivion takes him in and leaves him grounded forever.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos never destroyed the omniverse.

he didnt?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
he didnt? No.He destroyed a universe.A single universe.

No.He destroyed a universe.A single universe.

marvel the end? even if no other reality is mentioned, if he absorbed the LT, he absorbed the omniverse.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
marvel the end? even if no other reality is mentioned, if he absorbed the LT, he absorbed the omniverse. LT is not omniversal...
and another reality is mentioned.Atleza's reality and deaths reality.

LT is not omniversal...
and another reality is mentioned.Atleza's reality and deaths reality.

LT is very much so omniversal.

There was nothing left after Thanos assimilated it all into him and I met there were no universes parallel to the 616 mentioned in the storyline, it is still safe to assume thanos did not stop at the 616. Writers simply used characters everyone would know for those scenes.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
LT is very much so omniversal.

There was nothing left after Thanos assimilated it all into him and I met there were no universes parallel to the 616 mentioned in the storyline, it is still safe to assume thanos did not stop at the 616. Writers simply used characters everyone would know for those scenes. Where was it stated LT was Omniversal.I guess he would be multiversal at best.
Thanos absorbed 1,and only 1,universe.Just because no other universes were mentioned doesn't mean there weren't other ones.Exactly how is it safe to assume he didn't stop at 616?

Colossus-Big C
also i think that if you destroy the 616 universe all other universes would start collaps anyway

Black bolt z
also i think that if you destroy the 616 universe all other universes would start collaps anyway Exactly how does that make sense?Universes are constantly being collasped and created.

Where was it stated LT was Omniversal.I guess he would be multiversal at best.
Thanos absorbed 1,and only 1,universe.Just because no other universes were mentioned doesn't mean there weren't other ones.Exactly how is it safe to assume he didn't stop at 616?

It's not safe to assume he stopped at the 616, quite the contrary it is certain that he went beyond the 616 and assimilated all of the universes, colectivelly also known as the omniverse, which what I said from the beggining.

LT is omniversal, he is all cosmic struggling opposites and the outcome of their struggle. He is the top dog among all the abstracts. What reality do you suppose is beyond LT or devoid of his presence?

Mindset
LT held megaverses.

Colossus-Big C
Exactly how does that make sense?Universes are constantly being collasped and created. i it all started with 1 universe. the 616 universe, all the alternate realities were spawned from the 616 universe.
destroy the prime universe and all other would collaps

Colossus-Big C
Where was it stated LT was Omniversal.I guess he would be multiversal at best.
Thanos absorbed 1,and only 1,universe.Just because no other universes were mentioned doesn't mean there weren't other ones.Exactly how is it safe to assume he didn't stop at 616? you can destroy a single universe with far less than the hotu. galactus himself can destroy 10universes on his own power.

Mindset

destroy the prime universe and all other would collaps Where are you getting this from?

Astner
Oblivion is the source of the Ultimate Nullifier's power, not to mention that his essence is Jaspers one weakness. I'm going with O.

i it all started with 1 universe. the 616 universe, all the alternate realities were spawned from the 616 universe.
destroy the prime universe and all other would collaps

I don't think the 616 is a prime universe though, and it didnt spawn the others either. The very point of it being called 616 is that it's just a random number, nothing special about it.

Astner
Where are you getting this from?
Uranus?

Mindset
no expression

Astner
What source material did you think he used to construct that argument?

rotiart
.... There are issues that refer to 616 as the prime universe ad that it's destruction can will destroy all others

to understand marvel the end you have to have read the prior abyss storyline. In abyss our 616 universe is swirling into the void. Warlock stays there to help atleza learn he duties... in marvel the end warlock appears after the mtire universe is destroyed... What is significant is that the 616 universe when destroyed warlock entered the university to discuss the conditions with thanos... If everything in the multiverse or megaverse was truly destroyed... Atleza's realm where she watches over 616 would be gone as well as warlock...

To flip th argument about why thoti is toaas power. It defeated living tribunal with ease.. And that was when thanos had an outburst...

Now there are various other stories like the nexus of reality which exists in manthings swamp... But also in the mkrann crystal. And one more I forget off the top...

Of course during Nate greys area he shows us that qabiri is destroying various earths... And that our earth technically is no longer earth 616 but earth 612 due to the various destructions...

Oblivion states he predate stuff but he also tells us he is the brother to death one secod the father the next... He is supposedly so powerful but infinity has stated a contest between them is a stalemate.. Ye infinity/eternity can be waylaid by cosmic cubes or the ig or the in or dormammu...

He tells us that he represents all that existed even before our universe.. But why believe his word at all... You can represent all that came before nothingness and still not have been the original being of it... Check out the unbeing, anomoly, maelstrom... The unilord was the alpha and the omega of his universe and surfer using a blackbody took that from him...

And for all his poweR even oblivion feared a man called edifice Rex...
and was beaten by iceman...

rotiart
and or mad Jim jaspars
I think it was 238? Not the 616 one...

But he created the fury an the whole universe was destroyed by te celestial nullifier... The fury did not die...

616 mjj is supposedly more powerful than 238 and was defeated by transporting him to the nullified universe... Since there was nothing o warp/manipulate... Mjj became powerless...

Later 616 mjj merged with the 238 fury...
Making him virtually indestrucible on top of his reality warping powers

theoretically oblivion could remove the space that mjj needs to affect reality... But the mjj would ne'er be able to harm oblivion

also since mjj is merged with a creature that has survives universal nullification already... It is likely oblivion can't put down mjj

stalemate

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
It's not safe to assume he stopped at the 616, quite the contrary it is certain that he went beyond the 616 and assimilated all of the universes, colectivelly also known as the omniverse, which what I said from the beggining.

LT is omniversal, he is all cosmic struggling opposites and the outcome of their struggle. He is the top dog among all the abstracts. What reality do you suppose is beyond LT or devoid of his presence? Scans that he is omniv ersal.
LT held megaverses. Scans please.Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i it all started with 1 universe. the 616 universe, all the alternate realities were spawned from the 616 universe.
destroy the prime universe and all other would collaps Where exactly did you come upon this information?Originally posted by Astner
Oblivion is the source of the Ultimate Nullifier's power, not to mention that his essence is Jaspers one weakness. I'm going with O. No it is not.It is not known where the UN is from.My best quess would be a combined effort of oblivion and galactus.Galactus controls it and those nullified go to oblivions realm.Originally posted by 753
I don't think the 616 is a prime universe though, and it didnt spawn the others either. The very point of it being called 616 is that it's just a random number, nothing special about it. ExactlyOriginally posted by rotiart
.... There are issues that refer to 616 as the prime universe ad that it's destruction can will destroy all others

to understand marvel the end you have to have read the prior abyss storyline. In abyss our 616 universe is swirling into the void. Warlock stays there to help atleza learn he duties... in marvel the end warlock appears after the mtire universe is destroyed... What is significant is that the 616 universe when destroyed warlock entered the university to discuss the conditions with thanos... If everything in the multiverse or megaverse was truly destroyed... Atleza's realm where she watches over 616 would be gone as well as warlock...

To flip th argument about why thoti is toaas power. It defeated living tribunal with ease.. And that was when thanos had an outburst...

Now there are various other stories like the nexus of reality which exists in manthings swamp... But also in the mkrann crystal. And one more I forget off the top...

Of course during Nate greys area he shows us that qabiri is destroying various earths... And that our earth technically is no longer earth 616 but earth 612 due to the various destructions...

Oblivion states he predate stuff but he also tells us he is the brother to death one secod the father the next... He is supposedly so powerful but infinity has stated a contest between them is a stalemate.. Ye infinity/eternity can be waylaid by cosmic cubes or the ig or the in or dormammu...

He tells us that he represents all that existed even before our universe.. But why believe his word at all... You can represent all that came before nothingness and still not have been the original being of it... Check out the unbeing, anomoly, maelstrom... The unilord was the alpha and the omega of his universe and surfer using a blackbody took that from him...

And for all his poweR even oblivion feared a man called edifice Rex...
and was beaten by iceman... Exactly.Had thanos absorbed the omniverse Atleza,warlock,gamora, and death all would have been gone.
Were you tutored my mister masters?You certainly gave a lot of info.

Mindset
Look at his respect thread.

galactusischere
Scans that he is omniv ersal.
LT is beyond omniversal. There is no proof of that required.

Read FF annual 2001.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by galactusischere
LT is beyond omniversal. There is no proof of that required.
Yes there is.But in another thread it was proved to be he exists similtanueously in all multiverses.

galactusischere
Yes there is.But in another thread it was proved to be he exists similtanueously in all multiverses.

No. Yes.

If you question the LT's powa, you will surely face the wrath of Mr Master when he sees this.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by galactusischere
No. Yes.

If you question the LT's powa, you will surely face the wrath of Mr Master when he sees this. What?LT is omniversal.I have been proved on that.Now what I want if proof that thanos absorbed omniverse.

rotiart
Scans that he is omniv ersal.
Scans please. Where exactly did you come upon this information? No it is not.It is not known where the UN is from.My best quess would be a combined effort of oblivion and galactus.Galactus controls it and those nullified go to oblivions realm. Exactly Exactly.Had thanos absorbed the omniverse Atleza,warlock,gamora, and death all would have been gone.
Were you tutored my mister masters?You certainly gave a lot of info.

I gave a lot of info because people seem to think oblivion is much more powerful than say... His counterparts death etenity and infinity. My response was to show his strengths and weaknesses and remove this belief in his omnipotence...

And no I was not trained by mr master... Unlike some of the other people most of the stuff spewing from my lips comes from comics I've read and owned.. But god bless me but though I know the facts I can't recall issue numbers like some of te better forum members.

Originally posted by rotiart
I gave a lot of info because people seem to think oblivion is much more powerful than say... His counterparts death etenity and infinity. My response was to show his strengths and weaknesses and remove this belief in his omnipotence...

And no I was not trained by mr master... Unlike some of the other people most of the stuff spewing from my lips comes from comics I've read and owned.. But god bless me but though I know the facts I can't recall issue numbers like some of te better forum members.

Not more powerfull than his counterparts and in no way omnipotent. He is just the last one standing, because of what he is. It's the fact that you can't destroy nothing that makes him so 'tough', he can't be erased like the others, he already is nothing. Nullifying things means sending them to him.

Mr Master
MJJ wins this in a stomp!

I see some of yall are bringing up Oblivion's status as the concept of "nothingness"
as a form to defeat MJJ,
but yall are forgetting that in order for Oblivion to appear for a battle
he has to acquire a Fractal created M-Body,
which then makes Oblivion suseptible to harm because now he will have a physical form.

Infinity stalemated Oblivion in a battle,
and Edifice Rex made Oblivion tremble in fear,
so this unsupported notion that Oblivion can't be touched is fallacious.

MJJ has only one weakness, and its name is the Fury.

Nothingness is not a weakness for MJJ because in order to exploit that cheese move
you have to be able to take MJJ there by force,
and who the hell has the power to do that?

Not a freakin Concept that's at equals with Infinity, that's for sure. smile

ONLY the Fury was resistent enough to MJJ's powers to actually pull that off.
Even Matrix/Merlyn (omniversal power) was helpless against the far weaker MJJ 238,
so imagine how much more terrible MJJ 616 would be.

It was seen by Cobweb in an possible future, that if the Fury did not stop Jaspers,
then the Omniverse as we know it would be cancelled out by Jaspers.
This same acknowledgement was corroborated by Matrix/Merlyn
who said if Jaspers was not stopped (by the Fury) then the Omniverse would fall into chaos
and a new GOD (MJJ) would play dice with matter.

Mr Master
That aside:

Thanos/HOTI absorbed the Omniverse!

Only Warlock and Death survived.

Warlock because he's intrinsically part and apart from Eternity/Infinity,
so the effect on space-time did not recognize him,
although Thanos could've easily erased Warlock on a personal level.

Death because she was overlooked.
This could be a subconscious decision on Thanos' part
because of love for her.
I mean, at the end, he actually got what he always wanted,
Death's affection.

Gamora & Atleza were rubbed out with everything else,
I myself didn't understand this until I studied the End meticulously.

In an interview, Starlin made it clear, he destroyed the entire Marvel Universe.

Thanos was also bonded to Omni-Reality (Omniverse) giving him acess to all reality,
heck he even stated his consciousness went into realms he never knew existed,
and this is the same Thanos that became the entire 616 Universe TWICE before.

rotiart
Wow. Do u realize how much pis would e involved to say that in a fit of rage thanos wiped out the omniverse including the guy number two to toaa...
And wiping out the area outside including atleza But manages to miss warlock...
It's just such... A crock...

Still u probably have the interviews and all I have are the issues. Bit that just makes me want to donkey punch starlin

Mshinu
Originally posted by rotiart
Bit that just makes me want to donkey punch starlin

laughing out loud Do you even know what that means?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mr Master

I see some of yall are bringing up Oblivion's status as the concept of "nothingness"
as a form to defeat MJJ,
which then makes Oblivion suseptible to harm because now he will have a physical form.

Then Oblivion doesn't make a physical body, It's still Oblivion.
Oblivion would see the threat and stand back and see what MJJ can do.
And he'll do what he does best sit back and watch Weeds and possibly MJJ get sick of the fight and go home. WIN!

Mshinu
Then Oblivion doesn't make a physical body, It's still Oblivion.
Oblivion would see the threat and stand back and see what MJJ can do.
And he'll do what he does best sit back and watch Weeds and possibly MJJ get sick of the fight and go home. WIN!

If he doesn`t show up, MJJ wins on walkover wink

CortSether
I still don't see how a powerful reality warper like Oblivion couldn't just conjure up MJJ's one weakness, The Fury, using that to get rid of him.

Mshinu
Originally posted by CortSether
I still don't see how a powerful reality warper like Oblivion couldn't just conjure up MJJ's one weakness, The Fury, using that to get rid of him.

MJJ made the Fury, Oblivion is no MJJ.

Black bolt z
That aside:

because of love for her.
Death's affection.

In an interview, Starlin made it clear, he destroyed the entire Marvel Universe.

Thanos was also bonded to Omni-Reality (Omniverse) giving him acess to all reality,
and this is the same Thanos that became the entire 616 Universe TWICE before. No thanos did not absorb the omniverse.
Warlock it apart form order and chaos.Not infinity and Eternity.That completey destroys your "the time-space did not recognize him" which made no sense int he first place.
Death was not overlooked.In case you didn't notice,thanos was surprised when death appeared.The reason her realm wasn't absorbed was because it wasn't part of the universe.No matter how far you fly will never reach deaths realm for she is in another dimension/reality like warlock was.Thats why they survived.
Show a scan saying that thanos was bonded to omni-reality and not just that reality.
Even stated exactly from warlock "true the UNIVERSE(not omniverse) will be a better place without you but I will regret your passing."

Xplosive
THOTI did absorb entire Marvel Universe, also confirmed by writer.
Death wasn't destroyed, because of Thanos love towards her. His hearth was always with her, so of course she stayed.
Adam was protected by TOAA. Someone had to stay. TOAA chose Thanos for the job and chose Adam to convince Thanos.

as a form to defeat MJJ,

Nothingness is not a weakness for MJJ because in order to exploit that cheese move

Even Matrix/Merlyn (omniversal power) was helpless against the far weaker MJJ 238,

It was seen by Cobweb in an possible future, that if the Fury did not stop Jaspers,
who said if Jaspers was not stopped (by the Fury) then the Omniverse would fall into chaos
and a new GOD (MJJ) would play dice with matter.

If we agree thathe can't warp the real oblivion, then either the battle is impossible cause it would have to be fought within oblivion where mjj is powerless or it's not a battle between mjj and oblivion itself, but between the manifestation he uses to poke arround inside eternity, which is not the real th thing. If the question is can oblivion grab mjj from the 616 against his will using his avatar? he probably can't, unless he can create a void bubble arround him within eternity.

Colossus-Big C

as a form to defeat MJJ,

and a new GOD (MJJ) would play dice with matter. so mjj could harm his fractal mbody but thats not his true from. its just like destrying a toy puppet of someone. unless your saying mjj can harm his true form of nothingness. well i gues destroying his fractal counts as a win.

also thanos never absorbed oblivion on panel. how can he? he could absorb his fractal but how can he absorb the nothingness that comes after everything is absorbed? what would be left if he absorbed oblivion itself?
also no one here ever said he was any more powerful than eternity.

That aside:

because of love for her.
Death's affection.

and this is the same Thanos that became the entire 616 Universe TWICE before.

Oblivion was nowhere to be seen in the arc and since thanos was standing arround in nothingness in the end, he was probably still there also, given of his very nature.

Black bolt z
No thanos did not absorb the omniverse.
Warlock it apart form order and chaos.Not infinity and Eternity.That completey destroys your "the time-space did not recognize him" which made no sense int he first place.
Death was not overlooked.In case you didn't notice,thanos was surprised when death appeared.The reason her realm wasn't absorbed was because it wasn't part of the universe.No matter how far you fly will never reach deaths realm for she is in another dimension/reality like warlock was.Thats why they survived.
Show a scan saying that thanos was bonded to omni-reality and not just that reality.
Even stated exactly from warlock "true the UNIVERSE(not omniverse) will be a better place without you but I will regret your passing." Once again...thanos didn't absorb omniverse.

Colossus-Big C
warlock and altez was in a place beteween reality and oblivion, he was overlooked. death is said to exist outside of all reality to begin with imo she exist within oblivion, because she apperead from the nothingness

Black bolt z
warlock and altez was in a place beteween reality and oblivion, he was overlooked. death is said to exist outside of all reality to begin with imo she exist within oblivion, because she apperead from the nothingness No she appeared from her own realm.

Colossus-Big C
has oblivion done anything in thanos imperative?

Prep-Man
MJJ.

guy222

hasn't appeared

the ninjak

Maybe MoonDragon will let it out.

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1002507-o25.jpg
he did

TheTyrant
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1002507-o25.jpg
he did

That's not from Imperative.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.