Cyclops vs colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

colossulrage
can cyclops take down Colossus?

Black bolt z
bloodlusted yes.scott takes off his visor and kills.Other then that colosuss wins.

KingD19
With his durability the way it is, I don't know if Cyke can permanently put Colossus down, he could probably BFR him with a GOML blast, but that's about it.

vansonbee
Nope, Cyclops loses in most scenarios. Every time Scott beams hit Pete, he loses his balance and the blast gets ricochet off.

GOML might or might not BFR at all. Its all assumptions@

StiltmanFTW
Cyke. Starting distance is too much.

KingD19
I think Colossus can take it unless Cyke starts with full power. Anything less will ricochet off, as it's happened before. I still think Cyke's only chance is BFR by GOML, and if he gets braced, that might not BFR Pete, it might just rip his costume and piss him off.

jinzin
Cyclops has knocked Colossus out with one optic blast to the noggin. erm

Oh but Colossus has been upgraded in strength? SO has Scott's blast.. hmph.

KingD19
Originally posted by jinzin
Cyclops has knocked Colossus out with one optic blast to the noggin. erm

Oh but Colossus has been upgraded in strength? SO has Scott's blast.. hmph.

You got a scan of that, because the tin man has been popped in the head by Cyke a few times, but I've never seen him ko'd. On top of that, Cyke's standard blast is the same, he just has the GOML blast.

Colossus on the other hand, has been upgraded in strength, and upgraded strongly in durability.

Love the sarcasm by the way. no expression

StiltmanFTW
Scott's blast does ricochet only when he wants it to big grin

His standard blast got stronger after Krakoa upgrade.

Someone should post that fight with X-Sentinel (or was that Xavier's illusion?).

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Scott's blast does ricochet only when he wants it to big grin

pretty much. he's done it intentionally more than once.

KingD19
So if it doesn't ricochet, it'll just hit him and dissipate.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
So if it doesn't ricochet, it'll just hit him and dissipate.

Continuous blast would start burning him sooner or later. I can't see Piotr beating the distance before that'd happen.

StiltmanFTW
UXM #106

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4051/uncannyxmen10611.th.jpg

KingD19
It's been stated though that his blasts don't produce heat, their just blasts of concussive force. I know what that panel said, but that was way back when before everything was established, am I right?

-Pr-
It's been stated though that his blasts don't produce heat, their just blasts of concussive force. I know what that panel said, but that was way back when before everything was established, am I right?

it would pummel the metal eventually.

KingD19
Originally posted by -Pr-
it would pummel the metal eventually.

Nothing has ever pummeled or dented Colossus, the closest was WWH bending his arms.

StiltmanFTW
Pretty sure the heat was produced by friction.

Mindset
It's been stated though that his blasts don't produce heat, their just blasts of concussive force. I know what that panel said, but that was way back when before everything was established, am I right? Concussive force produces heat.

KingD19
True enough, but Colossus has been heated to white hot temp's before, and he wasn't subdued. I don't think Cyke's blasts will heat him up to his melting point, which has never been reached by the way.

supremthor
true not even doom with the beyonders powers melted his armor

snoopdogg
UXM #106

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4051/uncannyxmen10611.th.jpg I could be mistaken by I think that was a dream of Xavier.

Mindset
Originally posted by supremthor
true not even doom with the beyonders powers melted his armor I don't remember him trying to.

I know he killed him though.

leonidas
cyke would pummel him, but i think it would take him some time. the standard ring setting makes it tough for someone as slow as colossus. be VERY tough for colossus to close the gap before being ko'd from multiple blasts. change the environment and colossus would beat him badly imo.

Colossus-Big C
cyclops only chance is to stay at distance and hit colossus with some major blast.
colossus on the other hand can kill him if he gets close enough, or even throw cars or large objects at him

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I could be mistaken by I think that was a dream of Xavier.

Well, it wasn't.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
cyclops only chance is to stay at distance and hit colossus with some major blast.
colossus on the other hand can kill him if he gets close enough, or even throw cars or large objects at him

Featureless environment.

snoopdogg
Well, it wasn't.

Are you sure?

vansonbee
UXM #106

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4051/uncannyxmen10611.th.jpg Oh no, the evidences is strong in this thread. reading

hum... colossus is written as being all metal now, not just armored skin, as some previous stories seemed to imply. I very much doubt cyke will ko, let alone punch through his body before he can close 500m, specialy with CIS on.

But Cyclops is still more powerfull than most people give him credit for, he is always holding back on those beams, but he can blow a mountain away. BFR would easily work here, even if piotr is bracing himself, cykes can blow a huge chunk of the earth beneath his feet with him an hurl him kilometers away.

StiltmanFTW
Are you sure?

Yes. Angel and the rest of original X-Men sans Cyclops were an illusion, but that illusion still managed to get Scott in hammerlock and take his visor off.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by vansonbee
Oh no, the evidences is strong in this thread. reading That's not even real evidence, that happened in a dream. I dreamt I beat up Brock Lesnar the other day.

StiltmanFTW
That's not even real evidence, that happened in a dream. I dreamt I beat up Brock Lesnar the other day.

I suggest you re-read the comic.

snoopdogg
I suggest you re-read the comic. Take your own advice.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1280

snoopdogg
BTW Cyclops wins. Colossus has no way to overcome his power. Cyke should be able to take out most street levelers with ease. And most bricks.

StiltmanFTW
Take your own advice.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1280

facepalm

Yeah, he was dreaming and thus he created those illusions. After he woke up he helped the X-Men deal with them...

snoopdogg
The whole book was a dream. Read the book or the issue summary!

StiltmanFTW
The whole book was a dream. Read the book or the issue summary!

laughing out loud

Take your own advice, you clown. But stop reading those summaries, apparently they reek of fail. Either that or your reading comprehension sucks...

snoopdogg
laughing out loud

Take your own advice, you clown. But stop reading those summaries, apparently they reek of fail. Either that or your reading comprehension sucks...

http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_X-Men_106

StiltmanFTW
http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_X-Men_106

LIES uhuh

Damn, you were actually right. The X-Men weren't on Earth then and Xavier took Misty for Moira... I apologize.

embarrasment

snoopdogg
LIES uhuh

Damn, you were actually right. The X-Men weren't on Earth then and Xavier took Misty for Moira... I apologize.

embarrasment I was going to play that card last. The X-Men weren't even around at the time.

StiltmanFTW
I was going to play that card last. The X-Men weren't even around at the time.

Yeah, they departed at the end of issue 105... I failed hard.

Mindset
lol

vansonbee
LIES uhuh

embarrasment laughing out loud let it soak in.

KingD19
Like I've said, unless Cyke BFR's him, Colossus can proabably power through everything he has sans his most powerful, draining blasts, and unless that completely BFR's him, he won't be ko'd, he'll keep coming back.

I don't actually remember anything ko'ing Colossus recently, not since his rebirth, and not anything after his upgrades either.

-Pr-
Like I've said, unless Cyke BFR's him, Colossus can proabably power through everything he has sans his most powerful, draining blasts, and unless that completely BFR's him, he won't be ko'd, he'll keep coming back.

I don't actually remember anything ko'ing Colossus recently, not since his rebirth, and not anything after his upgrades either.

cyclops has put colossus down before, though, and not with his most powerful blasts.

colossus has been put down once or twice since his rebirth.

KingD19
Got scans? I don't remember any of those times.

And the only time I remember him going down was to Aghanne when she somehow used nerve strikes against him.

-Pr-
Got scans? I don't remember any of those times.

And the only time I remember him going down was to Aghanne when she somehow used nerve strikes against him.

the russian robots in uncanny... 497 i think it was. then there was omega red (even though i think it's dumb as hell). bar that, he might have been knocked down in uncanny (i havent read it much since the start of necrosha).

KingD19
the russian robots in uncanny... 497 i think it was. then there was omega red (even though i think it's dumb as hell). bar that, he might have been knocked down in uncanny (i havent read it much since the start of necrosha).

Omega Red shouldn't count, somehow they discredit Colossus' full metal body, and make it so he has a thin layer of armor, that Red digs into. He's taking full on shots from Colossus, but NC drops him from 3 miles up and he's out for the count.

And he was knocked over by Namorita when she flew past him, but he got right back up.

I just read 497 again, he punched clean through the first one, and the second one had to use a rather sizable blast to put him down, but yeah, the robot did put him down.

-Pr-
Omega Red shouldn't count, somehow they discredit Colossus' full metal body, and make it so he has a thin layer of armor, that Red digs into. He's taking full on shots from Colossus, but NC drops him from 3 miles up and he's out for the count.

And he was knocked over by Namorita when she flew past him, but he got right back up.

I just read 497 again, he punched clean through the first one, and the second one had to use a rather sizable blast to put him down, but yeah, the robot did put him down.

i agree with you on the omega red part. it did happen, though, sadly.

when was the fight with namorita? the agents of atlas storyline?

KingD19
Yeah, the agents tried to steal Cerebra I think. Namorita flew into/past Colossus and knocked him over, but he was up in the next panel.

One other time Colossus went down was when long haired Sinister tapped him on the head, and used his TP to mess with him. While he was on the ground, he was getting beat on by some of his goons, but he wasn't hurt.

-Pr-
Yeah, the agents tried to steal Cerebra I think. Namorita flew into/past Colossus and knocked him over, but he was up in the next panel.

One other time Colossus went down was when long haired Sinister tapped him on the head, and used his TP to mess with him. While he was on the ground, he was getting beat on by some of his goons, but he wasn't hurt.

yeah. he just got mindwiped iirc.

KingD19
Before that though, he was wrecking all of them, it was funny to see like 3-4 people piling on him, only to get laid on their asses.

psycho gundam
Nothing has ever pummeled or dented Colossus, the closest was WWH bending his arms. which surpasses simply denting them which people said cyclops could do over time.

-Pr-
Before that though, he was wrecking all of them, it was funny to see like 3-4 people piling on him, only to get laid on their asses.

yep. nowadays he's pretty badass.

KingD19
Originally posted by psycho gundam
which surpasses simply denting them which people said cyclops could do over time.

True enough, but that was WWH, Iron Man had to come up with an entierly new suit of armor to even fight him for a few minutes. Strange had to sell his soul to Zod to have a chance, etc.... Colossus was turning his head with his punches, and he was the only one WWH respected enough to comment.

yep. nowadays he's pretty badass.

He's always been pretty badass, but he's even more so now. I just wish people would stop treating him like he's bargain basement.

-Pr-
True enough, but that was WWH, Iron Man had to come up with an entierly new suit of armor to even fight him for a few minutes. Strange had to sell his soul to Zod to have a chance, etc.... Colossus was turning his head with his punches, and he was the only one WWH respected enough to comment.

He's always been pretty badass, but he's even more so now. I just wish people would stop treating him like he's bargain basement.

he was badass back in the day, but didn't have the power to back it up the way he does now.

psycho gundam
True enough, but that was WWH, Iron Man had to come up with an entierly new suit of armor to even fight him for a few minutes. Strange had to sell his soul to Zod to have a chance, etc.... Colossus was turning his head with his punches, and he was the only one WWH respected enough to comment. touche, but let's not forget that same hulk wading through cyke's wide shot with slight friction tearing, the same skin that took a nova blast in concert with a full lightning strike from storm and totally disregarded it. on top of that, logan said he was harder to cut.

colossus would have far more difficulty replicating that, staying on his feet would be an accomplishment unto itself.

KingD19
Originally posted by psycho gundam
touche, but let's not forget that same hulk wading through cyke's wide shot with slight friction tearing, the same skin that took a nova blast in concert with a full lightning strike from storm and totally disregarded it. on top of that, logan said he was harder to cut.

colossus would have far more difficulty replicating that, staying on his feet would be an accomplishment unto itself.

WWH was all over the place, he was bleeding like a stuck pig from almost every attack, sometimes his durability was off the charts, sometimes it sucked, but he mainly relied on his healing, which passed Wolverine and maybe even DP in some of his higher regen stages.

OneDumbG0
Nothing has ever pummeled or dented Colossus, the closest was WWH bending his arms. Wrecker's crowbar nearly killed him, Harpoon's energy spear mutilates his steel form (which leads to paralysis as Mags couldn't mend him properly), Pete Wisdom's hot knives utterly shredded him... Colossus is virtually invulnerable but his physical form has been more than dented in the past.

And he's been knocked out many times, e.g., Doom casually one-shotted him, Loki casually one-shotted him.

psycho gundam
WWH was all over the place, he was bleeding like a stuck pig from almost every attack, sometimes his durability was off the charts, sometimes it sucked, but he mainly relied on his healing, which passed Wolverine and maybe even DP in some of his higher regen stages. concession accepted

lol

OneDumbG0
True enough, but that was WWH, Iron Man had to come up with an entierly new suit of armor to even fight him for a few minutes. Strange had to sell his soul to Zod to have a chance, etc.... Colossus was turning his head with his punches, and he was the only one WWH respected enough to comment.I think it's pretty evident that WWH was not as angry as he was when facing the X-Men. More annoyed then anything that they were barring his way to Xavier. WWH's first real fight on Earth was against Ironman. And when Ironman used that napalm SPIN tech attack, WWH went utterly ballistic because it reminded him of Caiera dying in flames. So it's reasonable to think that he got stronger and more durable as WWH progressed. Consequently, Colossus turning his head with a punch well before his confrontation with Ironman should be read in that context.

KingD19
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Wrecker's crowbar nearly killed him, Harpoon's energy spear mutilates his steel form (which leads to paralysis as Mags couldn't mend him properly), Pete Wisdom's hot knives utterly shredded him... Colossus is virtually invulnerable but his physical form has been more than dented in the past.

And he's been knocked out many times, e.g., Doom casually one-shotted him, Loki casually one-shotted him.

Wrecker's crowbar took him down, but he still showed no visible damage, and back then Wrecker was giving Thor trouble, while Colossus was still in his Class 70 days I believe.

Never saw the Harpoon fight.

The Pete Wisdom fight shouldn't be counted, despite the fact that his knives are as hot as the surface of the sun, temps which Colossus could not possibly handle. It shouldn't be counted though, because Pete Wisdom, with his human level durability was taking shots from Colossus, who was in a berserk rage, and was trying to kill him.

OneDumbG0
^ His ribs were uber-f'ed up. Which is made apparent when he reverts ot human form and they can barely move him. Wasting a panel on showing dents in his side would be a waste of a panel. You should also consider that Wrecker was sharing his power with the Crew then.

It's part of Mutant Massacre.

He's self-described his hot knives as being able to reach the temperature of the sun, but I've never placed much stock in projecting the absolute upper limit of his powers onto that fight. Smacks of excuse-making to me. He obviously can, and frequently has, emitted heat that isn't as hot as the sun. Pete Wisdom is highly trained, likely was rolling with Colossus' blows. Fairly standard comic book explanation.

KingD19
^ His ribs were uber-f'ed up. Which is made apparent when he reverts ot human form and they can barely move him. Wasting a panel on showing dents in his side would be a waste of a panel. You should also consider that Wrecker was sharing his power with the Crew then.

It's part of Mutant Massacre.

He's self-described his hot knives as being able to reach the temperature of the sun, but I've never placed much stock in projecting the absolute upper limit of his powers onto that fight. Smacks of excuse-making to me. He obviously can, and frequently has, emitted heat that isn't as hot as the sun. Pete Wisdom is highly trained, likely was rolling with Colossus' blows. Fairly standard comic book explanation.

I remember the fight, but the same injured Colossus caught a falling ship that had to weigh a few hundred tons, and then kept fighting after that. And had Ulik shown him how to keep full power while sharing? Because the rest of the crew were getting manhandled by Colossus, Wrecker was actually afraid he was going to kill them.

Obviously he can regulate the heat of his knives to a degree, but I don't care how trained you are, a person with human durability, is not supposed to survive getting punched multiple times by a Class 100 metallic giant, whose trying to kill you, rolling with the punches or not.(Not sure where he was strengthwise during that arc, but Class 70-100 = dead Pete)

OneDumbG0
^ With respect to whatever ambiguous upgrade you're referencing, Secret Wars happened well before Ulik ever tutored the Wrecking Crew. And one clear shot from Wrecker's crowbar nearly killed him.

Rolling with punches is an indelible part of comics. It's one of the most frequent manifestations of comic writers taking advantage of the suspension of disbelief. I'm not trying to defend its real world physics validity, I'm just referencing its comic world physics pervasiveness.

Colossus has been majorly f'ed up before. He's been knocked out even more times. I'd daresay Cyclops should get the benefit of the doubt with respect to the latter, at the very least (especially since he knows exactly how durable Colossus is).

KingD19
^ With respect to whatever ambiguous upgrade you're referencing, Secret Wars happened well before Ulik ever tutored the Wrecking Crew. And one clear shot from Wrecker's crowbar nearly killed him.

Rolling with punches is an indelible part of comics. It's one of the most frequent manifestations of comic writers taking advantage of the suspension of disbelief. I'm not trying to defend its real world physics validity, I'm just referencing its comic world physics pervasiveness.

Colossus has been majorly f'ed up before. He's been knocked out even more times. I'd daresay Cyclops should get the benefit of the doubt with respect to the latter, at the very least (especially since he knows exactly how durable Colossus is).

That's why I asked about Ulik and Wrecker.

As for his upgrades, he got stronger after Magneto healed him from Riptide's shurikens, and he naturally got stronger as he aged.

And I understand where you're coming from, but you can honestly say with a straight face, that you believe that Wisdom should've survived that encounter, when Colossus landed several clean punches, and had killing intent behind them?

Nobody knows exactly how durable he is, but he takes punishment like nobodies business, and as for knocking him out, it happens, but usually it takes a lot.

OneDumbG0
And I understand where you're coming from, but you can honestly say with a straight face, that you believe that Wisdom should've survived that encounter, when Colossus landed several clean punches, and had killing intent behind them?Piotr is a pedophiliac tool. Just another reason I can read him phailing in a comic book and not raise an eyebrow. no expression Originally posted by KingD19
Nobody knows exactly how durable he is, but he takes punishment like nobodies business, and as for knocking him out, it happens, but usually it takes a lot. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/DoomArmor33-NeuralDisruptorUXM145.jpg

Oops. ermmhappy

-Pr-
amazing how this turned in to a "how tough is colossus thread" stick out tongue

KingD19
Piotr is a pedophiliac tool. Just another reason I can read him phailing in a comic book and not raise an eyebrow. no expression http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/DoomArmor33-NeuralDisruptorUXM145.jpg

Oops. ermmhappy

So that was knocking him out with physical force? Funny, I thought Doom used a neural disruptor to mess up his motor functions, rendering him unconscious, and not hurting him at all. Sinister did something like that too, still, no physical force involved.

OneDumbG0
^ him screaming, "YEAARRRGH!!!!" is Russian for "I'm sleepy" ... is that right, comrade? Spasibo. kinda

In any case, I guess you believe Colossus is no more durable against neural disruption than joe schmoe. Don't lowball Colossus. Don't you dare.

KingD19
HAHAHAHAHAH, sarcasm, how original. I was talking about him being ko'd by physical force, true Doom took him down with a neural disruptor, whoopdey frickin doo, did he hit him and knock him out? No, because he didn't want to stand up and bang with Colossus, even though he's fought Thing before, methinks Doom wanted to avoid a confrontation.

And Pete has no defense against mental/neural attacks, Sinister proved that a while ago.

OneDumbG0
^ Methinks Doom(bot) wanting to avoid a confrontation is possible. Yes. That's a Doombot. kinda

Piotr obviously has no more defense against a neural attack than an ordinary human does. Stop lowballing Colossus, hater. ermmhappy

KingD19

And Pete has no defense against mental/neural attacks, Sinister proved that a while ago.

So I didn't say that already?

BlackZero30x
i dislike Summers but yes he bfr's Colossus

Batroc
Wrecker's crowbar took him down, but he still showed no visible damage, and back then Wrecker was giving Thor trouble, while Colossus was still in his Class 70 days I believe.

No, Colossus was badly injured. And this was the weakest version of the Wrecker (and the rest of the Crew). They'd recently been listed as Class 10(!) in the Marvel Universe handbook, and unfortunately, Secret Wars writer Jim Shooter seemed to follow that guide, e.g. Bulldozer was one-shotted by Spidey!

KingD19
Originally posted by Batroc
No, Colossus was badly injured. And this was the weakest version of the Wrecker (and the rest of the Crew). They'd recently been listed as Class 10(!) in the Marvel Universe handbook, and unfortunately, Secret Wars writer Jim Shooter seemed to follow that guide, e.g. Bulldozer was one-shotted by Spidey!

I know he was injured, but he still caught a ship that weighed a couple hundred tons, and he showed no surface damage. Before Wrecker snuck him, he was afraid Colossus was going to kill the rest of the Crew. And if so, then it's not Wrecker, it's the crowbar that damaged Colossus.

snoopdogg

The Pete Wisdom fight shouldn't be counted, despite the fact that his knives are as hot as the surface of the sun, temps which Colossus could not possibly handle. It shouldn't be counted though, because Pete Wisdom, with his human level durability was taking shots from Colossus, who was in a berserk rage, and was trying to kill him. That was obviously some good writing.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Batroc
No, Colossus was badly injured. And this was the weakest version of the Wrecker (and the rest of the Crew). They'd recently been listed as Class 10(!) in the Marvel Universe handbook, and unfortunately, Secret Wars writer Jim Shooter seemed to follow that guide, e.g. Bulldozer was one-shotted by Spidey! Do you realize that was one of Wrecker's highest showings.....ever?

Blanket
Do you realize that was one of Wrecker's highest showings.....ever? He one shotted Hulk... Colossus > Hulk?

KingD19
That was obviously some good writing.

Some of the best I've ever read.....seriously.... no expression

KingD19
Originally posted by Blanket
He one shotted Hulk... Colossus > Hulk?

That was during the early days, when Hulk was much weaker. During that same confrontation the Cage was working over some of the crew before getting taken down, and they took out Strange too.

snoopdogg
He one shotted Hulk... Colossus > Hulk? I didn't say it was his best, I said it was one of his best. I believe he knocked Hulk out cold, at least Colossus stayed concious.

Blanket
I didn't say it was his best, I said it was one of his best. I believe he knocked Hulk out cold, at least Colossus stayed concious. Nope, you said 'ever'. I refuse to believe anything after that.

snoopdogg
Nope, you said 'ever'. I refuse to believe anything after that. Him kayoing the Hulk and hurting Colossus are his two most impressive feats with the crowbar physically.

Blanket
Him kayoing the Hulk and hurting Colossus are his two most impressive feats with the crowbar physically. If it wasn't for you being a rap icon, I would be hard pressed to listen and respond to you in a gentle tone.

Æll
No one would KO the other. I think Colossus would give up eventually, being tired of being blasted away (the full force of Cyclops' blasts is pretty damn powerful).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.