STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Slayer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Zink
Nar Shaddaa

The interior of the garage was the darkest of blacks until someone started forcing the garage door open. It rattled uselessly for a moment, the deadbolt still in place. There was a flash and a buzz as someone blasted the lock away. The garage door slid open. Pale moonlight sliced into the dark, just a sliver at first, then more. When the garage door was finally open, two figures were outlined in the pale midnight moonglow.

"Are you sure this is the place?" asked the first man. "Doesn't look like he's been in here." The man lowered the dark hood of his cloak, revealing a pale but handsome face with dark, brooding eyes. He redid the strap that kept his tommy blaster tight against his back, but kept it loose. He wanted to remain inconspicuous should he need to fight at any moment. The weapon he knew better would not do. Blaster wounds were all too common on the Smuggler's Moon and could be attributed to any one for any reason. Wounds inflicted by lightsaber were very distinctive, and also what he looked for now.

The second man sighed, wearing a distinctive article of clothing known as a pelisse over his military uniform, a true warrior of his people. His fair hair was braided down the sides, and his beard was neat, trim, and well-measured.

"Yes, I am quite sure," the man said, his words curt and full of subtle power. "You should know that, Quam. Search your feelings."

"Yeah, yeah, Master Kuylen, I know," Quam mumbled, snapping a glowrod from his belt. He held the glowrod up so that the garage was completely illuminated by it. Before them, a body had been laid to the ground. However, it was in many pieces.

"What do you see?" Kuylen asked, knowingly.

Quam sighed as he knelt down over the body. He knew what he would find would prove him wrong. "Definitely took out the contract on Lawr," Quam stated, prodding the dead Gran's head. "And definitely used a lightsaber. The cuts are still cauterized... and not too sloppy."

"Strong, broad swipes," Kuylen described. "What does that mean for our man?"

"He has experience with a lightsaber," Quam admitted. "And likely the instinct to use it without butchering himself and everything around him. Nowhere near my level, of course..."

"Focus, Quam," Kuylen chided. "Be efficient!"

"Sorry, Master," Quam said, looking up at the most lethal man he had ever met. "This guy... Welptet. He's not your average killer. We're tracking a Darkie."

"Indeed," Kuylen said, offering a smile. "One with potential, I feel. Come. We have seen all that we needed."

As Quam left the garage, Kuylen cast one glance down at the corpse. Not too sloppy, Quam had said. But still sloppy. He would have much to teach this boy.

With a flick of his rest, the garage door slammed shut behind him and plunged the room into darkness once more.

-

Welcome to a Retrospection game specifically designed for Rex, who has graciously hosted this series of miniature games. Somewhat recently, he mentioned that we were free to write games for his character, whom we all know and love as Galder Starkiller, the big dumb oaf.

We pick up a few years before Galder's big stint doing security work on Avalar for Kuylen, when he was just a budding young lad gaining experience in the underworld of mercenary work, in about 35 BBY, putting Galder at a young age of 18 or about that area, three years before The Phantom Menace and the events that Kuylen puts in motion.

As Galder has the capability, I am enforcing a mandatory use of Dreams- in precedent set by your games, anyone with a predictive power gets their 'plot specific' bonus. The same will go for Starkiller.

Let's see how we can torment him...

General Zink
Nar Shaddaa

It has been a few days since you took out the contract on Lawr. You decided to take a low profile one this time around, for the purpose of scorching flesh with a lightsaber rather than toying around with blasters or knives. Guns and melee you know all too well by this point, as Pazol taught you that staying inconspicuous in a Galaxy that hates you requires you to kill by other means. But you lust for greater knowledge! Pazol had the potential to become a great swordsmen... but not the training. Being self-taught can only take you so far. You advanced faster than he ever did, but now you have hit a wall.

For this game, until otherwise stated, Galder's Lightsaber rating is at -3 dice. He has not yet received superior training from another source and only knows what limited teachings he received from his father.

But so far, you have not received your payment for Lawr's death. You find this odd. It was a cheap contract for only a thousand credits. Low key, as stated before. Lawr hadn't paid back the local mafioso, Gan Tuso, for some service in the past. You did what was required of you... so why haven't they paid you?

You have decided to go investigate. How do you want to prepare?

REXXXX
Mafioso? Galder probably trusts this Gan Tuso about as much as he trusts Rand later in life. Not wanting to be horribly overt, he is going to strap a heavy pistol to his belt and a short, sharp combat knife. He decides to leave his father's lightsaber behind (on his ship, I guess (Raging Reek?!)) but conceals Pazol's red bladed weapon inside his jacket.

Young Galder is clean shaven with a pair of stubby mutton chops, his hair tousled.

Before heading over to meet with Gan Tuso, what does Galder know about him and the company he keeps?

General Zink
Galder is living out of his ship, so that is where his father's lightsaber will stay. And yes, it is the Raging Reek.

Gan Tuso is a small-time criminal with connections, Galder. He never leaves his nightclub, sending thugs to do his dirty work and putting out contracts for more serious stuff. It is unusual that he misses a payment on these contracts- despite his scummy nature, he's not without business sense. Not paying his contract-takers is a sure fire way for people to stop taking up his contracts, not to mention raise the ire of said contractees. Like yourself.

He likes to feel safe in his cozy thuggish life. Plenty of flunkies in the nightclub to watch the mafioso's back. He's made plenty of enemies in this line of business.

REXXXX
Alright, so Galder isn't going to want to tread on his toes too much, if he's got connections. Galder will head over nonetheless to his nightclub, packing his gear and expecting to return to his ship with the money.

General Zink
Off you go.

The nightclub's atmosphere is less the pop-ish music and dazzling laser displays and everyone dancing sort and more the brooding alcoholic scene, the exterior a run-down old marketplace and the interior is smokey and crowded with a rogue's gallery of patrons bickering and conversing quietly between puffs of cigarettes, in the brick archways or in booths or at the bar near the stage, where a synth-jazz routine is performing.

REXXXX
Galder, being the suave young bastard that he is, will most likely hit the bar before he pays good old Gan Tuso a visit. He makes no effort to hide his blaster pistol or his knife as he strides up to the bar and orders a Flaming Wookiee. He looks around to get a feel for his environment, thinking to spot any gunmen or bouncers that Mr. Tuso might have strewn randomly in the crowd, just in case it comes to fighting.

Where's Gan at?

General Zink
Observation check for spotting Gan's thugs, Galder.

Gan is sitting in his usual place, a booth in a darker corner of the nightclub. It is where he conducts his business, out in the open.

REXXXX
Galder will make that Observation check to find out what he's up against.

General Zink
You roll one success. It doesn't help that most of the people in this place are wearing sidearms or melee weapons in plain sight, so you can't establish who's who based on what they're carrying. You do think you see a few tough guys awkwardly shuffling around where Gan is sitting, trying to blend... but you feel that's not all of them.

REXXXX
Galder isn't concerned. Lightsaber is the only thing you're nerfing, yeah? Galder's pretty confident in a fight and has been ever since his father first taught him how to hold a lightsaber.

Galder will down his drink and slap the glass back on the bar before drifting over to where Gan Tuso holds his court.

"Tuso, buddy!" Galder calls out as he wanders over, settling his hands on his side, one hand near his knife and the other near his blaster. "Mind if we have a chat?"

General Zink
"Welptet!" Gan Tuso says. His seems surprised. "I wasn't expecting you here. I'm a bit busy." He gestures to a Togruta sitting across from him. "Can we talk later? You know I like appointments for 'talking business.'"

He mimes quotation marks when he says 'talking business.'

REXXXX
(Nice use of Galder's old last name...)

"I would kinda rather talk now, if you don't mind," Galder says. He lets a smile creep into the corners of his mouth, one that is probably less than authentic. "I think you know why. Shouldn't be so surprised, really."

General Zink
"Look kid, I'm busy here," Gan Tuso says. He drops his amiable demeanor for a moment. "Wait til we're done and we'll chat, 'kay? That or I can send you out on your ass, buddy. Is that what you want?"

REXXXX
"Don't 'kid' me," Galder snarls. Despite being only seventeen, Galder already has the look of the killer that he really is, though not quite as intense as he will become. "I'm not afraid of your thugs. Want to let me have a word or want to watch me throw your thugs around?"

Galder will try for Intimidation on Gan Tuso.

General Zink
Gan Tuso clucks his tongue disapprovingly.

"You forget your place," Gan Tuso says. He looks behind you and motions at you a wag of his bearded chin, and you feel a pair of strong hands clap down on your shoulders...

REXXXX
As if Galder is going to stand for that. He will twist away from the grasping hands and whip out his knife, letting the metal blade flash like cold lightning even in the dimness of the nightclub.

"I mean what I said," Galder says, assessing whoever grabbed him. "You're not going to like where this knife is going to go."

General Zink
Gan Tuso's thugs do not seem to take your threats too kindly. Some draw blasters in response to your threats, while others crack their knuckles and pull out melee weapons of their own. One in particular activates an electro-mace as he steps between Gan Tuso's booth and you, grinning as the head of the weapon crackles excitedly.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 1

Booths

Galder (C7): 1/0 (5F)

Boss Bouncer (C8): 0

Barehanded Bouncers x3 (C5): 0

Blaster Bouncers x2 (G5): 0

Brawler Bouncers x2 (C5): 0

----

Quite a few more than you thought there were, Galder.

REXXXX
Let's start off blasting... Gunslinger, Carnival of Carnage, and Dodge & Weave, if you please.

Galder first considers grabbing Tuso and using him as a hostage, but then the mace-wielding bouncer steps in his way. He decides instead to thin the odds against him. With remarkable speed, Galder slips his knife back into its sheath with one hand and draws his iron with the other. With a tremendous crash, he lets off a pair of shots into the bouncers that have drawn guns, deeming them to be a bit more problematic from the get-go.

General Zink
Galder takes initiative and gets off to a roaring start as he quickdraws his pistol and fires from the hip. He rolls three successes apiece, but only needed two to down his targets. Lasers catch them in the chest and they drop.

They go after you. Despite your fine opening shots, nobody is discouraged and you must smack away thrown fists and knife jabs. The boss bouncer playfully jabs you in the back with his mace with one success, stacking 6 damage on top of the 18 points you took from the mooks.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 2

Booths

Galder (G7): 1/24 (5F)

Barehanded Bouncers x3 (C5): 0

----

Not an optimal situation for blasters, but play on.

REXXXX
If Galder gets initiative, he goes unphased by the numbers around him, comfortably pumping shots into the bunch of barehanded bouncers crowding him. Tap CC and GS.

If Galder loses initiative, he takes a moment to go on the defensive, ducking beneath knife swipes and mace swings and throwing himself into the barehanded blows. He smacks one of the unarmed thugs with the butt of his pistol. Switch to Combat and tap DW.

General Zink
Galder gets initiative, and so sticks with his gun. The first thug he shoots for three successes, catching him in the chest as well and sending him crumpling to the ground. The next he gets five successes, and a laser rips open the thug's face in a wide, jawless grin. And then three successes on the last, putting a bolt through the last thug's stomach.

That leaves, then, the boss and the brawlers. One brawler misses completely, but the other jabs you with his knife for 5 damage. The boss with his mace takes a serious swing at you this time, and the mace thuds into your shoulder with a jolt for 7 damage.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 3

Booths

Galder (G7): 1/36 GS CC DW] (5F)

----

REXXXX
Swap CC out for IM, and tap it.

Galder shoots a glare back at the boss bouncer, but he's not quite ready to deal with that man yet. Instead, he holsters his blaster and whips out his knife, stabbing out of the knife fighters with it, dead in the sternum.

General Zink
Galder beats their initiative by one this time. Handy with his knife, he runs that bouncer through with his knife on four successes!

In kind, the remaining bouncer tries to stab you back. He rolls two successes, but tapping Impervious drops that damage down to 1. He scratches you with the knife but you ignore it. The boss hits you in the leg with his mace and you stumble, but it only deals 4 damage.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 4

Booths

Galder (C7): 2(1A)/41 GS IM DW] CC] (5F)

Brawler Bouncers x1 (C5): 0

----

REXXXX
Fouled up my schticks there, buddy. Swapping in PA for GS this turn, tapping DW.

Galder withdraws the knife from the stabbed bouncer with a pop and in one fluid motion, brings it across the throat of the next bouncer, slitting it neatly before turning on the big man with the mace.

General Zink
Galder gets initiative yet again, but when he goes to slash the bouncer, he is displeased to find that the bouncer steps just out of reach when he rolls no successes. But with his Defense and Armor both raised to 5 by his D&W tap, this round becomes inconsequential- both bouncers miss.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 5

Booths

Galder (C9): 1/41 GS PA DW] CC IM] (5F)

----

REXXXX
Hmm... swap in Duck for D&W.

Galder, not at all happy with that, decides to go defensive for a round as he assesses the situation. Calling upon the Force to intuitively sidestep blows and keep his head in the fight, he activates Balance and foregoes his attack.

General Zink
Galder gives up an action to consider how to best proceed with the fight, but the bouncers don't. But Galder's use of Balance makes him difficult to hit; neither opponent shows a 6 against him as he impossibly times his ducks and dodges. Another inconclusive round.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 6

Booths

Galder (C9): 3(C)/41 GS PA DU] CC IM DW] (5F)

----

REXXXX
Alright, swap GS out for Focused Blow.

Galder has another go at the lesser bouncer, going for a whirling cut to open his chest with a diagonal slash.

General Zink
They get initiative this time... but they manage to foul up their rolls without you making any extra effort, the big boss bouncer aiming his blow too high and the other bouncer cowering away from you as you try to stab him. You only roll a success in turn, though. He isn't down yet.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 7

Booths

Galder (C9): 3(C)/41 CC IM DW GS] (5F)

Brawler Bouncers x1 (C5): 1

----

It's a refresh turn! Select two schticks to refresh.

REXXXX
Let's go with Impervious and D&W.

"Die already!" Galder says, this time trying to grab the brawler and stab him repeatedly in the ribs.

General Zink
Galder loses initiative and promptly gets smashed across the face with the electro-mace for 7 damage. He gets his man, though.

"Just you n' me, boy!" the mace-wielder growls.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 8

Booths

Galder (C9): 3(C)/48 CC GS] (5F)

----

REXXXX
Swap in D&W for DU, and tap it.

"Well aren't you lucky," Galder says, taking a firm grip on the knife. He circles his opponent briefly before going in with a series strong-arm knife strikes, intending to not only stab but drive the bouncer back.

General Zink
Galder braces himself as he goes for the bouncer, upping his Armor and Defense with his D&W tap. The bouncer's attack goes nowhere, and Galder launches his own. One swipe in and Galder hits for 8 damage, Stunning his opponent as the knife carves a line of blood across his arm.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 9

Booths

Galder (C9): 3(C)/48 DW] CC GS] (5F)

Boss Bouncer (C4): 0 (Stunned)

----

REXXXX
Don't forget to add my damage on there. Swap in DU for DW. Tap PA.

Galder is encouraged by his opening slash and goes for in for something a little harder hitting, trying to drive his knife into the bouncer's leg.

General Zink
The bouncer gets initiative, but it does him little good. His assault is more of a stumble as he tries to get his bearings after that one good slice you gave him. A 3 on his single die is not going to trouble you.

Galder lashes in again with his knife! Having tapped Power Attack, he gets his dice raised by two more to a total of eleven and stabs at the bouncer. Four successes for another 8 damage! Additionally, the tap delivers Knockback and you rolled two 6s for a Stun! Your knife finds purchase in his ribs and he yells angrily as he falls back.

-----

NIGHTCLUB TANGO, Start of Turn 10

Booths

Galder (C7): 3(C)/48 PA DU] DW CC GS] (5F)

Boss Bouncer (C4): 16 (Stunned, Knockedback)

----

Boss Bouncer isn't acting this turn!

REXXXX
Galder will capitalize upon his opponent's weakness by leaving the knife embedded in the Boss Bouncer and resorting to his fists, swapping PA out for SF. He begins beating upon the bouncer relentlessly, pounding his fists downward into the bouncer's face.

General Zink
It does not take much more than that. Disoriented by the pain of his stab wound and the vicious assault that Galder follows it up with, the bouncer reaches the end of his days. By the time you let up, he is already dead and his face unrecognizeable.

Everyone in the nightclub is watching you now; covered in the blood of Tuso's men and barely having broken a sweat, you are quite a spectacle.

Gan Tuso laughs nervously from his booth.

"You wanted to talk? Please, sit, sit! In fact, have my seat! Whatever you want, you can have!"

He tries to get up. You have never been strong with the Force, Galder, but fear radiates off of Gan Tuso.

REXXXX
Galder pulls the knife from the bouncer's ribs and waves it at Tuso.

"Sit back down or this goes in your eye," Galder threatens. "You should've let me talk earlier. Now I'm pissed."

In the other hand, Galder picks up the electro-mace. He considers the two, then puts away the knife and keeps the mace in-hand before sliding into the booth, next to Tuso.

"I want to discuss my payments for the job I did," Galder says. "I haven't gotten them."

General Zink
The electro-mace is a strong weapon- it is safe against lightsabers and has a * rating. And very intimidating.

"Yes, yes, I realize," Tuso says, dropping his lofty mafioso act. "Let me explain! I have an excuse!"

REXXXX
Nifty! I'll hold onto it...

"I'd start sharing that excuse if I were you, pal," Galder says, holding the mace close and setting it to crackling with energy.

General Zink
"It's because of how you killed him," Tuso says. "Your... secret weapon."

REXXXX
Galder narrows his eyes. He resists the urge to bring out his lightsaber or feel for it.

"How'd you hear about this?" Galder asks. "How do you know how I killed him? All you needed to know was that he was dead."

General Zink
"Anonymous tip," Tuso says, getting a little braver. "I would pay you gladly, but you went over the line. Besides, I know who you are, and I know you're hunted, Starkiller. Helps to have contacts, you know..."

REXXXX
Galder decides to jolt Tuso with the electro-mace.

"DON'T use that NAME," Galder snarls. "There's a reason I don't go using it. Now give me my money or you can kiss your head goodbye, because I'm going to smash it into the table with this thing unless you pay me what you promised. Hell, double it."

General Zink
You sense danger, Galder.

REXXXX
Galder will move away from Tuso, sliding out of the booth.

General Zink
You fling yourself sideways, preventing the shot from being a lethal one, but you are not unscathed. The Togruta across the table drew his pistol underneath the table and shot at you. You take 10 damage as he rolls 8 successes with a Gunslinger tap!

REXXXX
Galder gets to his feet, holding the electro-mace out before him. The mafioso knows his secret, no need for everyone else to do the same.

If the guy keeps gunning for him, Galder is going to use Coordination to evade it.

General Zink
He does not fire, but he stands up from the booth, his pistol on you. It is a customized job, with twinned barrels, side by side on the gun. His fingers grip the double-trigger, ready to fire again.

"I know you're reputation," the Togruta says. "Do you know mine?"

REXXXX
Does Galder recognize him? Otherwise he is going to mash his head in with that electro-mace...

General Zink
It is that custom pistol that does it for you. The twinned barrels allow for alternating rapid fire that doesn't overheat the gun. They used to call him Snapshot Sankra, one of those shoot-first bounty hunters. He shortened his nickname to Snap Sankra.

Not someone you would trifle with without need.

REXXXX
"Snap Sankra," Galder says, giving a respectful nod. He realizes that he is not in the best shape to take on someone as stunningly lethal as this bounty hunter. "I know of you. Outdrew the Imini Clan on Borcutt and took none alive. Quite a story. Didn't think I'd ever be on the business end of that gun of yours."

General Zink
"Now you are," Snap says. "Lucky for you, I like a challenge. Get out of here. I'll find you later, Starkiller. Unless you want to die now."

REXXXX
Galder doesn't drop the electro-mace, but he decides to bug off and get out of the nightclub. Better to fight another day than to have this bounty hunter shoot him down. Living with the Dark Side is all about survival, after all...

General Zink
A wise decision. Snap Sankra laughs as you flee. You look a bit odd coming out of the nightclub holding a dangerous weapon, but it is Nar Shaddaa.

Gan Tuso, until this incident, was your best employer- paid well and paid often. You have a feeling that he won't want you showing your face around his nightclub ever again, and you'll be surprised if he doesn't post a bounty on you for what you did to his thugs. A bounty that not only Snap Sankra will seek to fulfill, but who knows how many other amateur and professional hunters here on Nar Shaddaa.

Just another bounty on the pile, honestly. But it means that Galder is without an employer and so without a consistent flow of money to get by on.

REXXXX
I can see how that would put Galder in a rut. Surely he is just living out of his ship at this point, roaming around, but fuel costs money.

Galder will return there. Can he search for new jobs on the computer onboard? He might even need to get off of Nar Shaddaa for awhile...

General Zink
So do maintenance and parking and weapons and food.

Returning to your ship to research for another employer is not a bad idea, Galder. There is plenty of work to be found on Nar Shaddaa, though Tuso will most likely try to blacklist you in the underworld community. That could cause problems.

However, when you arrive at the Raging Reek, you sense you are not alone.

REXXXX
Galder is still carrying the electro-mace. When he senses that someone else is in his docking bay, he moves cautiously toward his ship and activates the weapon, letting its energy teem about the surface of it as he looks around.

General Zink
"There is no need for that," comes a cultured voice behind you.

REXXXX
Galder turns about, wielding the electro-mace in front of him.

"Who are you and what do you want?" he asks.

General Zink
Behind you is a man, strolling nonchalantly into the docking bay after you. He does not come so close as to give you a chance to swing at him, but he doesn't seem intimidated.

He has a stern face, with a well-trimmed beard, and there are a few braids in his hair. He wears what appears to be a military uniform, and a peculiar one-sleeved jacket... what you think is called a 'pelisse.'

"Am I addressing the mercenary Welptet?" the man asks, his words calm and measured. "If not, you need not have those questions answered, and I will be on my way. If I am, however, I have business to discuss with you, if I may."

REXXXX
Galder does not put away the electro-mace.

"You are," Galder says, "and you may. Just don't waste my time."

General Zink
"I do not intend to," the man says. There is a hint of smile on his lips. "I have need of someone with your talents. I understand the majority of your work concerns being a paid combatant, but I would hope you are not unfamiliar with bodyguarding."

REXXXX
"I'm not too keen on protecting," Galder says. "I'm more of an action guy. Bodyguarding ties me down to one person who probably should just learn to use a gun or go to the cops."

General Zink
"Do you speak from experience?" he asks.

REXXXX
Galder just nods.

"What do you need a bodyguard for?" Galder asks. "You're wearing a uniform, surely it's not just for show."

General Zink
The man laughs.

"Let us just leave it at me not wanting to get my hands dirty," he says. "In return for your services, I am more than prepared to pay you handsomely. What did you make during your last contract?"

REXXXX
Galder will state whatever his going rate was. Probably not too high, considering his job was to kill that guy and quietly.

General Zink
The man tells you that that is fool's change.

"If you want money, I can give it to you," he says, "but you must take my contract."

REXXXX
"I still don't even know who you are," Galder says.

Can Galder sense if this man is being straight with him?

General Zink
It is hard to sense this man's mind. It is like iron.

"You will," the man says, simply.

REXXXX
Galder holds the man's gaze for a moment before acquiesing to his request.

"Sure, fine, you've got me interested. I'll do it. But I've only got one question. Who did you piss off that you need a bodyguard?"

General Zink
"All in due time," the man says. "My name is Larios Kuylen. All that I require of you is that you protect me. I have an apartment rented out, and you will stay in one of its rooms. Do not ask questions unless they are pertinent. I will not tolerate idle banter, and you know already that I only answer questions when I find doing such appropriate. Now, catch."

Kuylen throws something to you.

REXXXX
Galder will catch it.

General Zink
It is a small beacon. When you catch it, it plays three sets of three notes at rising pitches.

"I will use this to summon you," Kuylen says. "When it goes off again, meet me at my apartment. If you are late, the contract is void, and you will never see me again. Is that clear?"

REXXXX
"Yeah, yeah, I got it, no need to chastise me," Galder snarls. "I'll be there, and I'll bring this."

Galder waves the electro-mace in the air.

"Nobody is going to trouble you, I can assure you of that. And if they do, they won't do it again. Not if I have anything to say about it. Better be prepared to empty your wallet, buddy."

General Zink
Kuylen only offers a curt nod in response to that. He gives you the location of his apartment, in one of the nicer areas of Nar Shaddaa's low city.

That leaves Galder with an evening to himself, as it is not until the next day that the beacon trumpets the simple notes again to summon you. Feel free to do what you like in that evening.

REXXXX
Galder will just gather some weapons so that he can do his job efficiently. He'll be bringing the electro-mace, a combat knife, a heavy blaster pistol, and his old favorite, the assault rifle he used in the first campaign...

General Zink
Galder sits and prepares his weapons late into the night. Bringing your lightsaber?

REXXXX
Is that even a question?

General Zink
Just making sure. I'm sure you would agree it is important to clarify whether or not the deadliest melee weapon in the Galaxy is on your person.

The next day, you arrive at the address Kuylen gave you. As mentioned, it is an upper scale district of Nar Shaddaa, closer to the surface.

How is Galder with Savoir-Faire + Intelligence?

REXXXX
Intelligence 4 + Savoir-Faire 2 equals a pool of 6 dice for that. Why?

General Zink
One success says that Galder has a hazy idea that someone important owns properties in this area, some Hutt.

Approaching the apartment, you find that the front door is wide open. Kuylen has been expecting you, and is just inside.

"Welptet,," Kuylen says, curtly. "You are on time. Good. Come in, please."

REXXXX
Galder does as his client asks and comes into the apartment. If Kuylen does not close the door behind him, he will do so.

"So, nice place you've got," Galder says. "How did you get it? You don't seem like the 'born on Nar Shaddaa' type. Get in favor with someone?"

Galder has all of his weapons in a duffel bag that he carries in with him.

General Zink
Kuylen lets you close the door as he walks into the apartment.

"Something along those lines," Kuylen says. He eyes your duffel bag with a raised brow. "I see you brought your armory with you. A penchant for weapons? What did you bring?"

REXXXX
"Yeah, a bit," Galder admits.

Galder will show him the inventory (heavy pistol, assault rifle, electro-mace, combat knives), though he pointedly does not include his lightsabers in his show n' tell.

"I can use them all," Galder brags, "and well."

General Zink
Kuylen examines with his eyes only and gives a nod of approval after each one.

"Good," Kuylen says. "Otherwise there would be no point to hiring you."

Kuylen guides you into a spacious living room. The apartment is largely unfurnished in general but the living room has a holoprojector and comfy chairs. Kuylen places himself in one and gestures for you to the do the same.

REXXXX
Galder does so, dropping his duffle bag down beside his chair. He removes his heavy pistol from it and locks it into his holster.

"So, I think I need a little more information than you gave me at the docks last night," Galder says. "Who's after you that you need my protection?"

General Zink
"You are right," Kuylen says. "I suppose you should know that much." He rests one leg over the knee of his other as he sits and talks with you. "As you have guessed, I have some 'friends' in high places here on Nar Shaddaa. Having such stature on this moon means that you are likely to be the poster figure of scum and villainy, as I am sure you know. And such scum always have enemies."

REXXXX
Galder thinks of his own life and finds it hard to disagree with that line of logic.

"Fair enough," Galder says. "Whoever you are buddy-buddy with, they have enemies, and you're getting some attention from them by association?"

General Zink
"Correct," Kuylen says. "To be more precise, I performed duties for my associate and employer in order to curry favor, and as a result, I have earned the ire of a rival crimelord. It is hardly convenient, for my employer has refused to help me out of this predicament. Hardly convenient at all."

Galder- you feel unease.

REXXXX
"I can imagine that'd be pretty frustrating," Galder says. "I hope you don't intend for me to deal with the entire problem for you. I might want you to raise my pay if I'm meant to be dismantling an entire gang or syndicate or whatever. That's not what I do."

General Zink
"Not to worry," Kuylen says. "They won't want to exhaust their manpower on a petty rivalry. Eventually they will let me be. Until then, I pay you to make sure I last that long."

Your unease is increasing.

REXXXX
Galder shifts, then looks around the apartment. He doesn't want to reveal his Force sensitivity to this man without reason, but he doesn't want to blurt out that he has a bad feeling about things.

"Maybe I should look over the rest of your apartment," Galder says. "Got any security tech installed? Alarms, traps, etcetera."

General Zink
"No," Kuylen says. "It is a private residence, not a fortress."

The apartment suite is spacious and pretty unfurnished, as mentioned. It actually irks you a little- it looks like he has not lived here long. The living room connects to a kitchen on one side and the bedrooms via hallway on the other, and of course the entryway. Downstairs is a speeder garage.

The living room has a very wide window that you notice your unease decreases as you move away from it.

REXXXX
Hmm... Galder's going to go stand by the window and see if he can see anything.

"Stay away from the window," he says to Kuylen. "I don't know why you got such a damned big one, perfect for snipers..."

General Zink
Almost as if on cue, there is the sound of a small crack and you experience an awful stinging sensation in your shoulder and a small kick that knocks you down.

REXXXX
Damn it.

"Yup, stay way from the window!" Galder says to Kuylen, scrambling for cover. He peers around the frame of the window to see if he can see where he was shot from then inspects his wound.

General Zink
There is a white-hot needle embedded in your shoulder. The area around it feels hot and tingly.

That is Observation to check where the shooter is.

REXXXX
Make it happen. Galder's pool is 4. Better than nothing.

General Zink
You manage to spot a quickly retreating figure on a balcony opposite Kuylen's apartment.

REXXXX
Could Galder make it with a single jump?

If not, Galder's going to ask if Kuylen has a speeder he can use.

General Zink
No. It is across one of Nar Shaddaa's chasm and inside a construction site that the figure fired from.

"The speeder in the garage downstairs," Kuylen says with surprising calm. He has taken cover behind a chair.

REXXXX
Galder is not going to waste any time. Can he retract the needle with Push/Pull once he is out of Kuylen's sight, and on the move downstairs?

General Zink
Yes. You pull it out, catch it, and burn your fingers.

Galder gets downstairs to the speeder. It is an sleek, expensive job with a chromium finish. Kuylen must have lots of money to throw away.

REXXXX
Galder tosses it away when he burns his fingers and curses loudly. Does he recognize what kind of weapon that is? And how much damage did he take?

Galder is going to hop into the speeder and get it started before flying it out of the garage and over to the building that the sniper shot from.

General Zink
Galder is off! It only takes him a moment to get to the other side of the chasm. The sniper is nowhere in sight.

REXXXX
Galder will park his acquired speeder alongside the building and look for the sniper that needled him.

How much damage did I take from that...?

General Zink
You took 10 damage from being shot, and 1 from burning your hand on the needle. That burning sensation is starting to spread from the point of impact as you get out of the speeder and hop onto the open balcony of the construction site where you think you saw the shooter.

You do not see anything out of place. There is construction equipment about, crates, and a few rows of walls have been erected on an otherwise open floorplan.

REXXXX
Hmm. Galder is going to get his pistol out. Gunslinger, Dodge & Weave, and Power Attack in.

General Zink
You are armed. Still no sign of your attacker.

REXXXX
Galder will try to Sense his opponent.

"If you are going to shoot at me, you'd better be prepared to finish the job," Galder snarls as he walks about the floor, sensing about for the shooter.

General Zink
You are homing in on him, further into this floor of the partially-built complex. Not very precisely, mind you, but enough to get close enough to spook him. The Rodian with the high-pressure dart caster has reloaded and peers around cover to draw bead on you.

----

ATTEMPT NUMBER ONE, Start of Turn 1

Construction Site

Rodian (G9): 1(1PR)/0 (in cover)

Galder (G8): 1/0 (5F)

----

REXXXX
Galder's going to throw a shot at him and get behind cover.

General Zink
First off, Galder cringes as he makes his move for cover; he takes 5 damage as the slow-acting poison starts to burn his veins. However, he gets his shot off first. Five successes is Parried to three and the Rodian takes 6 damage.

The Rodian sends another needle whistling back in your direction and it stings deeply into your arm for 11 damage. The needle has a plasma casing that punches through your cover and stings deeply into your arm. These things hurt!

----

ATTEMPT NUMBER ONE, Start of Turn 2

Construction Site

Rodian (G9): 1(1PR)/6 (in cover)

Galder (G8): 1/27 (5F) (in cover)

----

REXXXX
Balls.

Galder is not going to waste any time. He twirls his pistol into its holster then draws his knife while using the Force to evade the Rodian's needles with Coordination.

General Zink
Galder breaks cover only to find that the Rodian doesn't fire back. He is too busy running the opposite direction and reloading his dart rifle.

----

ATTEMPT NUMBER ONE, Start of Turn 3

Construction Site

Rodian (G9): 1(1PR)/6

Galder (C9): 1/27 (5F)

----

REXXXX
Galder plows ahead, not wanting to let this Rodian get away from him.

If Galder gets in close enough to tangle with the Rodian, he will attack with his knife.

If he doesn't, Coordination to stay safe and move in.

General Zink
Galder gets initiative and gets his chance to swipe at the Rodian with his knife. On eight dice he rolls three 6s and two 5s... too bad you didn't have Focused Blow in there. Your assailant is better in a shootout than in close quarters and you slash him for 9 damage.

At pointblank he tries launching another dart. Only two successes is enough for 6 damage to you, and you take an additional 5 damage from poisoning.

----

ATTEMPT NUMBER ONE, Start of Turn 4

Construction Site

Rodian (G9): 1(1PR)/15

Galder (C9): 2(1A)/38 (5F)

----

REXXXX
Now that the Rodian is trapped in close quarters, Galder tries to jab him in the ribs with the knife.

"Who sent you?!" he shouts as he attacks.

General Zink
This fellow is pretty helpless in close quarters. You cut him for 6 damage as he tries scrambling away. He does not answer your question.

----

ATTEMPT NUMBER ONE, Start of Turn 5

Construction Site

Rodian (G9): 1(1PR)/21

Galder (C9): 2(1A)/38 (5F)

----

REXXXX
Swap Gunslinger out for Street Fighting, tap it.

Galder brings the knife's handle cracking against the Rodian's skull, then kicks him when he tries to shoot Galder with the dart gun again.

"I'm not going to ask again. Tell me who sent you or you're dead!"

General Zink
Initiative is yours. As he snaps up the reloaded dart gun once more, you knock him upside the head for 6 damage. You go after him again but you freeze up as the poison gets you again for another 5 damage. He takes his opportunity and shoots you for 5 damage on one success. You then kick him solidly in response for 7.

He curses at you in Rodese.

----

ATTEMPT NUMBER ONE, Start of Turn 6

Construction Site

Rodian (G9): 1(1PR)/34

Galder (C9): 2(1A)/47 SF PA DW] (5F)

----

REXXXX
Quotefail, Zink. stick out tongue

Swap out Street Fighter, swap in Focused Blow.

Galder swears back in Huttese before trying to stab the Rodian in the face.

General Zink
You don't get his face but you groove his chest for 7 damage as he frantically reloads.

----

ATTEMPT NUMBER ONE, Start of Turn 7

Construction Site

Rodian (G9): 1(1PR)/41

Galder (C9): 2(1A)/47 SF DU IM] (5F)

----

REXXXX
Swap FB out for GS.

Galder not wanting to get shot at again, he taps Power Attack and drives the knife into the Rodian's side. He leave the knife where it lands and goes for his pistol.

General Zink
You roll four successes for 8 damage and drive the Rodian to the ground with your attack, dropping down on top of him. He fumbles to pull out the knife and get his dart gun in position. You have your blaster out and pushed firmly into his neck.

"Don't kill me!" he cries. "I have the antidote! Let me go!"

REXXXX
"Give it to me! Now!" Galder yells in his face. "Do it now or I'll vaporize your brains!"

Intimidate, if necessary.

General Zink
No need. The Rodian produces a very small medkit and hands it over.

REXXXX
Galder will wrestle the Rodian's dartgun away and the medkit too. Breaking it open, he goes straight for the antidote and gets it ready for use.

General Zink
Doing so will release the Rodian from your gunpoint. Is that okay?

REXXXX
Yeah, better than Galder passing out from poisoning. He has work to do.

General Zink
The Rodian scampers off! You can use your Medicine skill to apply the antidote and remove twice your rating in damage.

When you return to Kuylen, he is seated in the chair he had used for cover and reading a very old book. He closes it and leaves it on his lap as you come in.

"I trust my assassin has been vanquished?" Kuylen asks.

REXXXX
"He escaped," Galder says. "But I don't think he'll come back."

Galder holds up the dartgun.

"I beat him within an inch of his life. Should send a message to his employers. Whoever they are."

General Zink
"You should not have let him live," Kuylen says. "I did not hire you to send messages. I hired you to kill those who seek to kill me. No more, no less."

Kuylen sets the book down on a table.

"Besides, it will not phase them."

REXXXX
What is he reading?

"Sorry to disappoint you," Galder says. "I just thought that scaring off their assassin would let them know that I shouldn't be messed with."

General Zink
A history of the Rodian Clan Wars.

"They will just send more," Kuylen says, fixing you with cold grey eyes that pierce into you.

REXXXX
"You don't seem as confident that they'll just leave you alone if I do my job right," Galder says. "Want to tell me what you know about these guys?"

General Zink
"What do you know of the Rodian Chattza Clan?" Kuylen asks after a moment. "Anything?"

REXXXX
Does Galder know anything?

General Zink
Not really, so Kuylen will explain.

The Rodians are not a highly sophisticated species despite their membership in the Republic. They are violent, sneaky,and greedy, and still live in a clan system. Of these cans, the Chattza Clan is the most violent and dominating. Throughout the galaxy, it is the Chattza Rodians that have established gangs and syndicates.

"And it is the Chattza Rodians that I have angered," Kuylen says. "By doing work for my Huttese associate that I do not wish to detail out. You already know that they want me dead. You did not know how badly they want that. Now you know."

REXXXX
"Geez," Galder says. "Gotta pick your enemies a little better. You have an entire clan of angry Rodians on your back. And it sounds like they're not going to stop."

General Zink
"No, they will not," Kuylen says. "Meaning they must be destroyed. I am willing to increase your pay..."

REXXXX
"Oh, changing the deal on me?" Galder says. "No thanks, I don't want to piss off the Chattza Clan too. I'm pretty lethal but I'm not enough to kill the entire clan."

General Zink
"Do not show ignorance; I do not have the entirety of the Chattza Clan seeking my blood. Only the gangsters here on Nar Shaddaa."

REXXXX
"Then why not leave Nar Shaddaa?" Galder asks. He is expecting some superior answer but wants to know the real reason.

General Zink
"I have unfinished business with the Hutts," Kuylen says. "Only a coward lets threats get in the way of such things and I am no coward. Are you?"

REXXXX
"No," Galder says immediately, remembering a lesson from Pazol about fear and cowardice. "I'm not afraid of these green bug-eyed thugs. I'll kill every one that comes at you."

General Zink
"You didn't kill the sniper," Kuylen points out.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>