Barry Allen vs Void Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Barry Allen is the avatar of the speed force..and has complete molecular control of his body. He engages the Void in a bloodlusted fight.

Who wins?

xJLxKing
Barry wins

r0nm0n88
flash

Warlord
flash wins cause Sentry is dampered by this site's hate

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Warlord
flash wins cause Sentry is dampered by this site's hate

I think Sentry gets a lot of love on this site..lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Barry wins How?

Prep-Man
Barry.

Lord_Talron
just because barry, and the flash character by extension is billed as merely "the fastest man alive" he seems to get undersold every now and then. barry can definitely man up to void sentry. i think he takes this

BlackZero30x
I believe it depends where the battlefield is.....if its in marvel barry's connection to the speed force gets weakened alot....if not cut off

so if in marvel Sentry

if in DC Barry

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
How?
BFR, KO, Kill, Speedsteal...etc

quanchi112
BFR, KO, Kill, Speedsteal...etc How ca he bfr him or kill him or speed steal him? Why can't the Sentry just erase him with a glance/ What has killed the Void anyways at this point?

xJLxKing
How ca he bfr him or kill him or speed steal him? Why can't the Sentry just erase him with a glance/ What has killed the Void anyways at this point?
Killing as destroying his body is a forum kill. You don't like it too bad

BFR as in sending him to the speed force

Speed steal like he has shown the ability to do

BlackZero30x

Speed steal like he has shown the ability to do

not to mention if he stole his speed all at once while sentry was moveing as fast as he could....

Blanket
Barry only wins via BFR. Don't see any other way for him to win...

quanchi112
Killing as destroying his body is a forum kill. You don't like it too bad

BFR as in sending him to the speed force

Speed steal like he has shown the ability to do Not at all. Killing him and him being unable to return is a win but not destroying a body just like bfr isn't a win if they can return to the bf in time. Sentry can reform in time so you really don't even know the rules. It's also funny that the bn's can be easily killed yet you argued destroying them wasn't a win proving you are biased.

How can he steal the Sentry's speed?

xJLxKing
Not at all. Killing him and him being unable to return is a win but not destroying a body just like bfr isn't a win if they can return to the bf in time. Sentry can reform in time so you really don't even know the rules. It's also funny that the bn's can be easily killed yet you argued destroying them wasn't a win proving you are biased.

How can he steal the Sentry's speed?
KE, Destroying his body as in not letting him reform.... Cuz of speed.

BFR will work. Tell me how he will come back from the speed force

quanchi112
KE, Destroying his body as in not letting him reform.... Cuz of speed.

BFR will work. Tell me how he will come back from the speed force He isn't stopping the Sentry reform. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. He didn't stop black lanterns from reforming did he?

Sentry rearranges his molecules before it happens. He's the Void he can tentacle him from a safe distance. When has the Void been bfr'd anyways?

xJLxKing
He isn't stopping the Sentry reform. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. He didn't stop black lanterns from reforming did he?

Sentry rearranges his molecules before it happens. He's the Void he can tentacle him from a safe distance. When has the Void been bfr'd anyways?
LMAO. This "debate" is over. I forgot how low you will sink.

JakeTheBank
I don't see why Barry couldn't speed steal from Void.

quanchi112
LMAO. This "debate" is over. I forgot how low you will sink. So despite the fact reed and strange put their minds together when trying to beat the Void all they had to do was simply bfr the Void?

You have zero proof whatsoever and claim characters can kill the Void when it hasn't even happened yet.

Lord_Talron
he has the ability to drain his speed, or anyones

Blanket
LMAO. This "debate" is over. I forgot how low you will sink. The lowest.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
he has the ability to drain his speed, or anyones Sentry can rearrange his molecules at any point in time.

xJLxKing
So despite the fact reed and strange put their minds together when trying to beat the Void all they had to do was simply bfr the Void?

You have zero proof whatsoever and claim characters can kill the Void when it hasn't even happened yet.
Same goes with Prime, Juggernaut, WWH, or anyone else. It the plot. It's like saying why doesn't the presence give power to the Spectre to kill all evil without failing. PLOT! BFR will work

Reforming? Maybe you are right, but it doesn't matter. Flash can still steal speed, and BFR. It's good enough for me, and most people

Prep-Man
Sentry won't be doing anything to Barry when all his energy is drained.

quanchi112
Same goes with Prime, Juggernaut, WWH, or anyone else. It the plot. It's like saying why doesn't the presence give power to the Spectre to kill all evil without failing. PLOT! BFR will work

Reforming? Maybe you are right, but it doesn't matter. Flash can still steal speed, and BFR. It's good enough for me, and most people You are forgetting this is the Void and if you haven't seen the Void bfr'd then how do you know it will work? The Void seems 10 times as deadly as the Sentry so if you have no proof you can't just assume something.

It's good enough for you because proof doesn't matter you want to give barry the win when the void can warp him when the matchup starts. If you want to go powersets sentry wins immediately.

Prep-Man
He'll be long gone into the SF way before Sentry knows he's even fighting.

xJLxKing
You are forgetting this is the Void and if you haven't seen the Void bfr'd then how do you know it will work? The Void seems 10 times as deadly as the Sentry so if you have no proof you can't just assume something.

It's good enough for you because proof doesn't matter you want to give barry the win when the void can warp him when the matchup starts. If you want to go powersets sentry wins immediately.
LMAO. Nice try reversing the question.

Tattoos N Scars
Sentry can rearrange his molecules at any point in time.

Barry has complete control over his own molecules...just like Thanos!!!

Lord_Talron
lmao @ this shit....

Naija boy
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't see why Barry couldn't speed steal from Void.

Going by his molecule man showing, the sentry's control over his own molecules is incredible. If MM couldnt do it i doubt Flash can. Unless u have scans of Flash stealing speed from someone with sentry/void level of molecular manip?

Anyhow BFR is probly the most valid option.

Prep-Man
I don't see Sentry doing that to someone in the Speed Force. He can dodge opponents that way, if necessary.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
He'll be long gone into the SF way before Sentry knows he's even fighting. Prove it. To suggest someone with incredible speed can easily beat the Void is based on wishful thinking and nothing else especially considering how fast the Sentry can get to the sun.

LMAO. Nice try reversing the question. You have no proof. Zero. You just pretend the Void dies when we haven't seen him even defeated at this point and tired to lie about the rules in order to do so.

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Barry has complete control over his own molecules...just like Thanos!!! Barry isn't Thanos. He isn't as durable as Thanos or as powerful as Thanos and doesn't have Thanos' abilities either. Barry has been tagged by various characters and in the comics isn't the cbr character you make him out to be.

If you want to go that route the Void stands there and has tentacles shoot all over the bf easily defeating him while he is warping him as well. he can beat him sitting down while reading a book if we go on abilities alone.

BlackZero30x
Barry has been tagged by various characters and in the comics isn't the cbr character you make him out to be.

which unless they have superspeed it was plot driven....when moving past the speed of light (to any speedster) their opponent along with the rest of the world or anything around them looks to be standing completely still while the speedster sees him/herself moving at normal speed....think about it if nobody could hit the flash while he was moving that fast then how could they stop him.....now im not saying he's on Thanos's level im just saying while in speed mode not even superman could tag barry if he didn't want him to so it's only plot driven....

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Naija boy
Going by his molecule man showing, the sentry's control over his own molecules is incredible. If MM couldnt do it i doubt Flash can. Unless u have scans of Flash stealing speed from someone with sentry/void level of molecular manip?

Anyhow BFR is probly the most valid option.
Amazo

Naija boy
Amazo

Amazo at the level he was at didnt do anything to indicate Sentry/Void matter manip levels. Heck did he use any matter manipulation at all?

quanchi112
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
which unless they have superspeed it was plot driven....when moving past the speed of light (to any speedster) their opponent along with the rest of the world or anything around them looks to be standing completely still while the speedster sees him/herself moving at normal speed....think about it if nobody could hit the flash while he was moving that fast then how could they stop him.....now im not saying he's on Thanos's level im just saying while in speed mode not even superman could tag barry if he didn't want him to so it's only plot driven.... Sentry can tag him at the Void and he can reality warp him at a safe distance with tendrils creeping out from everywhere. If he hits the sun that quickly he's got uber speed along with his uber abilities.

BlackZero30x
Sentry can tag him at the Void and he can reality warp him at a safe distance with tendrils creeping out from everywhere. If he hits the sun that quickly he's got uber speed along with his uber abilities.

so your saying that Barry Allen moving faster then the speed of light would get tagged by a character that has, not to my knowledge ever presented any feats that could show him surpassing the speed of light?

as soon as the battle starts im cretin that Barry would zoom into hyper speed so sentry would be merely a statue to at the very least give him time to think of every way he could beat him....

Doctor-Alvis
Sentry does have crazy travel speed, but what are his combat speeds like? That's what really matters. If he can only fly in straight lines at speeds comparable to Barry's then that doesn't really help.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Sentry does have crazy travel speed, but what are his combat speeds like? That's what really matters. If he can only fly in straight lines at speeds comparable to Barry's then that doesn't really help.

thats very true but im honestly asking someone anyone to show me any proof that sentry is capable of reaching the speeds that Barry can

the flash is faster then superman and supermans top is what like 10x the speed of light or something? so obviously flash is faster then that...and im pretty sure its by a huge margin

Juntai
thats very true but im honestly asking someone anyone to show me any proof that sentry is capable of reaching the speeds that Barry can

the flash is faster then superman and supermans top is what like 10x the speed of light or something? so obviously flash is faster then that...and im pretty sure its by a huge margin Superman's flown between galaxies and shit.. His space travel speed is incredible. In Infinite Crisis he chased Superboy Prime towards the center of the universe in short time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman's flown between galaxies and shit.. His space travel speed is incredible. In Infinite Crisis he chased Superboy Prime towards the center of the universe in short time. He actually failed to keep up with Prime at the speed of light.

quanchi112
so your saying that Barry Allen moving faster then the speed of light would get tagged by a character that has, not to my knowledge ever presented any feats that could show him surpassing the speed of light?

as soon as the battle starts im cretin that Barry would zoom into hyper speed so sentry would be merely a statue to at the very least give him time to think of every way he could beat him.... So even though we have seen the Sentry far outpace the speed of light he can't here? Why?

I have seen multiple flashes fight and this doesn't go down like you describe it. Was Konkivt a statue? Was DD a statue?

Sentry can defeat him in a heartbeat if you want the powerset debate.

Allankles
Originally posted by Blanket
Barry only wins via BFR. Don't see any other way for him to win...

Correct.

Allankles
He actually failed to keep up with Prime at the speed of light.

Supes has no issues with the speed of light.

BlackZero30x
Superman's flown between galaxies and shit.. His space travel speed is incredible. In Infinite Crisis he chased Superboy Prime towards the center of the universe in short time.

indeed he has....are you saying that at 10x the speed of light you can't do that? confused

So even though we have seen the Sentry far outpace the speed of light he can't here? Why?

I have seen multiple flashes fight and this doesn't go down like you describe it. Was Konkivt a statue? Was DD a statue?

Sentry can defeat him in a heartbeat if you want the powerset debate.

hold on now...back up a little...

1st name the the event your speaking of or multiple events if at all possible where it shows him going faster then the speed of light

2nd ive read enough of flash to know how he fights aswell....you seem to be forgetting here on KMC that.....if not if not posted the fighters start in a predetermined(by the rules) area.....also unless stated otherwise each character will preform at their most recent incarnation....and while keeping in mind that every person included will stay in "character" they also can use all of there ability's to the best they can....not to mention each person involved has basic knowledge of the other(s) .......now of course that's not exactly how its worded but that's basically it.....now keeping that in mind Barry is the "smart" flash....he very well in character could zoom directly into speed mode because he knows the sentry's power set and could do exactly as i said earlier. and then overall dump him into the speed force...

and speaking of a power set argument...yea ok use the argument "sentry can do to him what he did to MM" essentially yes but myself im not even entirely sure that powers even realistic for that character because he used it that once and that's it...for goodness sakes why not just do that to thor and get it over with then.....so in short...him having that ability to me at least was just PIS but i digress and since technically it is his power i'll give it to him and say maybe he could do that to someone who has complete control over their molecules and in that case yes he wins because he can do anything he wants....but im not entirely convinced he could rearrange Flash's or even keep up with his speed for that matter.....

Allankles
indeed he has....are you saying that at 10x the speed of light you can't do that? confused

No. You'd need to be moving at hundreds of thousands the speed of light. 10X the speed of light would be insufficient to travel quickly through our solar system let alone half a universe.

Juntai
indeed he has....are you saying that at 10x the speed of light you can't do that? confused When he flew from Earth to Saturn it was about 17 times lightspeed I think.

When he flew from the Vega system to Earth when Jimmy's watch went off in countdown, he traveled 25 lightyears in a minute or two. The math on that shows incredible speed.

Juntai
Originally posted by Allankles
No. You'd need to be moving at hundreds of thousands the speed of light. 10X the speed of light would be insufficient to travel quickly through our solar system let alone half a universe. thumb up

BlackZero30x
No. You'd need to be moving at hundreds of thousands the speed of light. 10X the speed of light would be insufficient to travel quickly through our solar system let alone half a universe.

alrighty then my mistake...either what i read was a mistake or i mistakenly read it(which is most likely it...mistakenly read it that is lol)

Juntai
Even Green Lanterns when traveling through space in GLC have indicated they're going 'trans-luminal' to do so.

BlackZero30x
Even Green Lanterns when traveling through space in GLC have indicated they're going 'trans-luminal' to do so.

well imo a green lantern should be able to go as fast as they want but for some reason they can't....which is why i have never tried to argue that point....

EDIT:Fixed

quanchi112
Supes has no issues with the speed of light. In that instance he most certainly did.Originally posted by BlackZero30x

hold on now...back up a little...

1st name the the event your speaking of or multiple events if at all possible where it shows him going faster then the speed of light

2nd ive read enough of flash to know how he fights aswell....you seem to be forgetting here on KMC that.....if not if not posted the fighters start in a predetermined(by the rules) area.....also unless stated otherwise each character will preform at their most recent incarnation....and while keeping in mind that every person included will stay in "character" they also can use all of there ability's to the best they can....not to mention each person involved has basic knowledge of the other(s) .......now of course that's not exactly how its worded but that's basically it.....now keeping that in mind Barry is the "smart" flash....he very well in character could zoom directly into speed mode because he knows the sentry's power set and could do exactly as i said earlier. and then overall dump him into the speed force...

and speaking of a power set argument...yea ok use the argument "sentry can do to him what he did to MM" essentially yes but myself im not even entirely sure that powers even realistic for that character because he used it that once and that's it...for goodness sakes why not just do that to thor and get it over with then.....so in short...him having that ability to me at least was just PIS but i digress and since technically it is his power i'll give it to him and say maybe he could do that to someone who has complete control over their molecules and in that case yes he wins because he can do anything he wants....but im not entirely convinced he could rearrange Flash's or even keep up with his speed for that matter..... Sentry's trip to the sun at the end of sentry's second run when he throws the Void into the sun.

Yes, and even at his best he isn't portrayed this far above everyone despite you thinking it so.

He doesn't need to do it more than once as you yourself stated the plot prevents him from doing so. You want to dismiss the instances where Flash isn't as fast and gets hit yet ignore the Sentry at his best. It's called being biased.

Bendis stated himself the Sentry has reality matter warping powers.

BlackZero30x
In that instance he most certainly did. Sentry's trip to the sun at the end of sentry's second run when he throws the Void into the sun.

Yes, and even at his best he isn't portrayed this far above everyone despite you thinking it so.

He doesn't need to do it more than once as you yourself stated the plot prevents him from doing so. You want to dismiss the instances where Flash isn't as fast and gets hit yet ignore the Sentry at his best. It's called being biased.

Bendis stated himself the Sentry has reality matter warping powers.

ok first point taken!

to your next point im pretty sure your off base here....im not dismissing anything here on either side.....if you didn't notice i brought up the Forum rules to point something out....this is not a comic panel fight this, is not whats best for plot of the story....so slowing down the flash because it's convenient for this fight doesn't work in this instance....yes he has been hit by mirror master,heatwave,captain cold,the frikkin turtle hit wally for goodness sake....am i dismissing that no.....barry alan has been shown to go fast and not get hit more then once where as sentry has only pulled an MM once....that was my main point when i said sentry/viod....only pulled an MM once(i should have been more clear my bad sorry).....

now if i forgot to argue a point please remind me....but let me ask you a question.....

by your logic if idk lets say aquaman(water bearer version) used his water hand and KO'ed superman just once then this encounter was never shown again that it would not be complete BS?

Doctor-Alvis
Combat speeds.

joesha28
Void Sentry wins...

cdtm
well imo a green lantern should be able to go as fast as they want but for some reason they can't....which is why i have never tried to argue that point....

EDIT:Fixed

I can think of a few ways to argue it though...

Mainly through Kyle. He didn't have a GL computer, and there's no reason to believe he'd know about the shortcuts. No reason to believe he didn't simply fly to Oa under his own steam..

Also, in Circle of Fire, Superman flat out told Kyle he was their fastest flier, and I believe the battle against Oblivion took place at the edge of Earths solar system, or a little beyond it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.