Asgard vs Oa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Asgard gets invaded.

This is classic Asgard (Personal preference), with Odin at the helm. No outside help from their ally's with the exception of Beta Ray Bill and Loki. (When push comes to shove, I think he'd side with his own, if only because his ego can't take cosmic police mortals taking over..)

Oa is the pre Blackest Night version, with 7200 GL's and honor guards Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, John Stewart..... The usual. Also, the Guardians get involved directly (Odin would clean up otherwise.)

Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Is Oa invading Asgard, Asgard invading Oa, or is it a campaign of battles throughout the universe?

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Is Oa invading Asgard, Asgard invading Oa, or is it a campaign of battles throughout the universe?

Just amended it.

Seems fair to give Asgard the home turf advantage, given the GL's numbers (Even if most of them are noobs), plus The Guardians aren't any weaker for being outside of Oa as Odin is outside of Asgard.

big o
Oa wins cuz their numbers imean 7000GL's+Guardians of the universe=one nasty army

Johnny Sorrow
Oa way overkill.

cdtm
I was thinking Odin would use the Asgardian Destroyer for this.. And really, of all 7200 GL's, how many are truely a threat?

Ok, what if I spotted Asgard their ally's too? Anyone who's ever been friendly with Asgard, but only specific to Thor comics. So Atum is green lighted, but Avengers are not.

JakeTheBank
Odin alone can bust galaxies, which is enough firepower to decimate quite a large number of Lanterns. Surtur has done as much as well w/ the Twilight sword, iirc. Loki's telepathy has reached across galaxies/dimensions. Then you have Hela who could raise the dead and claim the souls of dead Lanterns as her own ala some Blackest Night shit, and I don't see how this is a stomp for Oa at all.

JakeTheBank
Edit

Desaad
At TIMES Odin can bust galaxies. One time, confirmed, another time retconned (as tapping into the power of the cosmic being Infinity) At others, he'll get taken out by magical poisons or earthquakes or some Dark Gods.

Given the average power of an Asgardian, this is terrible overkill with the Guardians. I really believe that the Corps, with the Alpha Lanterns, the Fists of the Guardians (robots), and maybe some of the other Guardian weapons could do the job. The Great Green Glob alone alters reality on a planetary scale.

Wild Shadow
i say Asgard should be able to fend off the corps not easily but in a down and dirty fight i say they can win so long as they are not the new modern Asgardians that appear no more powerful then a slightly peak human.

if the thor corps can be used and eric with his axe amp prior to death they would decimate a large number of GL fodder easy.

combined with magic and the aesirs and the rest of the beings in asgard they should be able to beat the GL.. they would need the pre retcon blue midgets to contend against asgard.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i say Asgard should be able to fend off the corps not easily but in a down and dirty fight i say they can win so long as they are not the new modern Asgardians that appear no more powerful then a slightly peak human.

if the thor corps can be used and eric with his axe amp prior to death they would decimate a large number of GL fodder easy.

combined with magic and the aesirs and the rest of the beings in asgard they should be able to beat the GL.. they would need the pre retcon blue midgets to contend against asgard.

pre retcon?

Wild Shadow
b4 they were killed off and remade by kyle back in the day when they were all able to do slightly more impressive construct feats then their corps men..

xJLxKing
The problem here is Odin. Though, I don't think Odin alone can take 7000 Lanterns, Ion, the Guardians, and still live to tell the tale. If I remember correctly, a few guardians with a dozen Green Lanterns were able to stop a galaxy destroying blast, so if Odin starts poping those up, they will handle themselves.

The last issue is stopping time

Newjak
So by allies do you mean that the Frost Giants, the Elves, the Dwarves, the Demons. All those guys are with Asgard.

If that's the case then

Odin, Surtur, Ymir, and Hela go to town especially if Surtur has the twighlight sword.

Wild Shadow
Odin can easily banish and wipe 7000 corps men.. he did it to the earth population this is light work for him.

xJLxKing
Odin can easily banish and wipe 7000 corps men.. he did it to the earth population this is light work for him.
Human=/=Green Lanterns

No allies

Wild Shadow
high end skyfather > GL rings i dont see them all even seeing that type of attack coming let alone being able to stop it.

Newjak
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Human=/=Green Lanterns

No allies I thought the thread starter made the correction so that Asgard would have its Allies.

Either way excluding the recent Siege arc Asgard does have a ton of Magical Juice backing them. Odin in the Destroyer with the Odinsword would be a nightmare for the GL corps to face.

xJLxKing
He said only Beta Ray Bill and Loki. Well, if you look at Siege or their encounter with the doombots, it's clear they are in no position to fight 7200 mid herald. Add in the Guardians, Ion, and the Alpha Lanterns and imo, it's clear Asgard can't stand without Odin.

xJLxKing
high end skyfather > GL rings i dont see them all even seeing that type of attack coming let alone being able to stop it.
As I said before, The Guardians and a dozen of Lanterns were able to stop a Galaxy destroying attack with no effort whatsoever.

Newjak
Originally posted by cdtm
I was thinking Odin would use the Asgardian Destroyer for this.. And really, of all 7200 GL's, how many are truely a threat?

Ok, what if I spotted Asgard their ally's too? Anyone who's ever been friendly with Asgard, but only specific to Thor comics. So Atum is green lighted, but Avengers are not. I was refering to this post of his.

Not every GL is Mid-Herald, most are cannon fodder who hang out around low-herald. I wouldn't be surprised to see Namor take out a 5 or so no name GLs,

and currently yes Asgard would not seem to be able to take on this force. But this is Asgard with Odin this is a whole new ball game. This normally means Asgard is breaking out their magic artifacts pumping out the magic juice in defense of their homeland.

That means Destroyer Armor, OdinSword, ships that can fly and have high powered high tech weapons with them. This is an Asgard that would almost shit stomp the current force that went against them.

Wild Shadow
again how in the f#$# are they even going to since a teleportation.. this isnt a directed lvl attack it takes a magic thought and they vanish,,

Warlord
I can see Asgard winning if they use everything at their dispossal which includes:

Odin, Surtur, Ymir, Hela, Destroyeretc...
Odinsword, Twilight Sword, Cascet of Eternal Winter etc....

and yeah such an asgard should have handled Osborn's invasion in 1' Sentry - Void inclulded

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Warlord
I can see Asgard winning if they use everything at their dispossal which includes:

Odin, Surtur, Ymir, Hela, Destroyeretc...
Odinsword, Twilight Sword, Cascet of Eternal Winter etc....

and yeah such an asgard should have handled Osborn's invasion in 1' Sentry - Void inclulded

yep!

Omega Vision
I really don't see Odin soloing the entire GLC unless he's in the Destroyer armor with the Odinsword like when he fought the Celestials, and even then its a stretch.

In any case Odin is the only real threat here to Oa.

Are the Guardians included here? Because the Guardians could take Odin while the rest of the Corps takes down Asgard.

JakeTheBank
Odin is assuredly the MVP as it were, but the Corps will find itself hard pressed to take him down. Between stopping time and massive firepower, the his level of command of the Odinforce makes him more versatile and powerful than pretty much everyone here. I see Asgard winning after a long fight, myself. The Guardians, while powerful, have been punked by Henshaw before, who is just over High Herald. I can see Thor or BRB taking on several of them of winning, especially if we using Pre-Blackest Night as OP stated. And if Odin assumes the Destroyer Armor, I can't see what Oa can do to him. Asgard also has various other powerful weapons/artifacts at their disposal. Surtur could make Mjolnir lites for the others, too. Not to mention between Hela, Amora, and other magic users, they can just revive anyone close to death or who has died.

Wild Shadow
all i am saying is

thunderstrike with axe was a major powerhouse
skurn the original bloodaxe
the rest of the thor corps.
Lady Sif also has enchanted armor and sword given to her by odin's magic plus runes..
Thor's belt of power gloves and his other add ons for cosmic battle like his shield...
then you got the stone of tears along with other enchanted items.

loki has given and transformed various minions at one time to serve him and asgard.. so i could see a thorpool popping up as well..

their is just too much high end reality warping magic and power amps that could turn low and high end herald gods into straight out high end skyfathers alongside odin.

Desaad

A single Green Lantern alone has done that, too. So I don't think that's goin to work.

galactusischere
Surtur solos.

cdtm
Originally posted by xJLxKing
He said only Beta Ray Bill and Loki. Well, if you look at Siege or their encounter with the doombots, it's clear they are in no position to fight 7200 mid herald. Add in the Guardians, Ion, and the Alpha Lanterns and imo, it's clear Asgard can't stand without Odin.
\
I was willing to spot Asgard everyone just to try and even it up..

But lets just go with Bill and Loki, since it's a debateable fight now. Don't want to make it a curbstomp in Asgards favor, when I've been trying to make tilt the balance away from a GL curbstomp... (As in, make it a fight, not try and give Asgard an advantage.)

cdtm
Originally posted by galactusischere
Surtur solos.

Does he really count as an ally though? When I said "ally", I mean characters who would realistically come to Asgards aid, or who Odin can recruit. (Even though Loki's kind of a stretch.)

Desaad
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Guardians, while powerful, have been punked by Henshaw before, who is just over High Herald.

Odin has been knocked out by an Earthquake and kidnapped by a bunch of aliens, too.

If we're going by low showings, Odin has his fair share, and doesn't generally operate on the levels that people ascribe to him from the Infinity Saga (which was retconned).

He's certainly more powerful than any single Guardian, but they are each Skyfather level in their own right, and it wouldn't take but a few to take Odin down, IMHO.

Desaad
I will say that of Ymir, Surtur, etc are included it's going to be a much tougher fight.

Johnny Sorrow
No, people. Ymir and Surtur and all the Dark Elves and Frost Giants do not count as allies. LOL at the people who think Surtur counts as an ally. How many times has he tried to destroy Asgard already? Don't grasp at straws because the OP made such an unbalanced fight.

JakeTheBank
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070602232122/marveldatabase/images/thumb/2/22/Map_of_Asgard.jpg/800px-Map_of_Asgard.jpg

Asgard is Asgard. It includes all of the various lands/countries in which beings such as Rock Trolls, Frost Giants, Fire Demons, Dark Elves, and other denizens live in. If we count Asgard as just the city of Asgard, then sure, they've screwed. But Asgard tradiationally refers to the entire dimension including Jotenhiem, Hel, Niffleheim, etc. So yes, people like Surtur and Ymir would be included.

xJLxKing
I am sure the topic creator wanted just Asgard.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
No, people. Ymir and Surtur and all the Dark Elves and Frost Giants do not count as allies. LOL at the people who think Surtur counts as an ally. How many times has he tried to destroy Asgard already? Don't grasp at straws because the OP made such an unbalanced fight.

Wouldn't Zeus and the Olympians be considered? I think so. Then also a stretch would be the council of head gods Odin could gather. I'm thinking Odin can recruit the Eternals as well.

Allankles
To be fair to Asgard, Oa is an entire planet dedicated to policing a universe. 7200 Lanterns, Alpha Lanterns, Guardians and Will power abstracts vs Odin, Thor, Bill and a bunch of lower tier to meta level warriors is a mismatch in favor of Oa.

If Asgard built weapons of mass destruction by the boat load this would be more of a fight, but they rely on the magical exploits of a few, so they'll lose hard.

Allankles
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Wouldn't Zeus and the Olympians be considered? I think so. Then also a stretch would be the council of head gods Odin could gather. I'm thinking Odin can recruit the Eternals as well.

Definitely, if Asgard recruited other pantheons they could take this.

Wild Shadow
Loki would fight for asgard against outside intruders he has done so numerous times. loki wants to take asgard down himself and possibly rule it.

also the frost giants would come to asgards aid by Loki's order or request.

also their weapons of mass destruction is in their armory and all over asgard..

also when in hell has a GL teleported an entire planet and brain washed them at the same time?

Prep-Man
Give me OA.

xmarksthespot
Oa.

Johnny Sorrow

Big stretches, and not part of Asgard.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Big stretches, and not part of Asgard.

He could recruit allies and Olympus is Asgards biggest ally.

Johnny Sorrow
He could recruit allies and Olympus is Asgards biggest ally.

The OP states no outside help besides BRB and Loki. And if they could, why would the Olympians (besides Hercules) come? It's not a mutual threat.

TheTyrant
Surtur easily stomps this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.