GLC vs Earth Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Earth's defenses:
JLA (Big Seven+Current members+Satellite Era members)
JSA (All current members, no Spectre)
Doom Patrol
Secret Six (Current)
Suicide Squad
Teen Titans
Great Ten
Rocket Reds
Outsiders

vs

600 of the best GLs minus Earth GLs, Ion, Alpha Lanterns, and Guardians.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Earth's defenses:
Doom Patrol
Secret Six (Current)
Suicide Squad
Teen Titans
Great Ten
Rocket Reds
Outsiders

vs

earth stomps. 600 of the best GL's minus the main ones are still fodder like Hand Ninjas.

Lord Feron
According to the stips I guess GLC still got a couple of legit herald level ring users but zero chance against such a defense.

Omega Vision
Say what you will about no-name Lanterns, in numbers of five or more they can take virtually any Earth hero down. Not everyone is Superboy-Prime after all.

Black bolt z
Majority to team 1.

Q99
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
earth stomps. 600 of the best GL's minus the main ones are still fodder like Hand Ninjas.

600 of the best includes a whole bunch of named and otherwise detailed lanterns. Like Kilowog.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
600 of the best includes a whole bunch of named and otherwise detailed lanterns. Like Kilowog.
And Arisia, Soranik Natu, the Lost Lanterns, etc.

xJLxKing
Earth wins. The GLC are powerful but I don't think they are enough to stop nearly 100 strong heroes. Most of all, the heroes have more versatility in their team and i betting that their team work would be good as well.

Q99
I think they could. 6:1 odds, and even a normal GL is more than a match for a lot of heroes, while the stronger ones working as a group can take on the stronger heroes. A single random GL would be a major boss fight for some of these teams.

And Arisia, Soranik Natu, the Lost Lanterns, etc.

Exactly. There's a large number of named lanterns who're more than chumps. Even minor ones who've shown skill, like the one that help out Blue Beetle in the SC tie-in, or the ones over at Wonder Woman, or the members of the GL Corpse. Or the sentient smallpox.

xJLxKing
Except characters like Wally, Fate, Barry, Bart, and a few other ones will be a major problem. I mean, they can take down a huge amount of GL, heck, you can argue that they can steal speed from anyone on the battle field.

Though, I doubt Omega meant current version of all since JLA right now is broken up. They have almost no members and the toughest members are out of the JLA; members like Barry, Wally, Superman, and Spectre. That's some serious fire power

jrodslam
Shiiit. Did we forget Mogo? Isamot, Vath and Salaak?

Along with Wog, Salaak and Mogo will be hard pressed to take out, they they have as much experiece as the main 4 earthmen. Plus like mentioned Arisa's been around for quite some time.

Q99
Oh yea, Mogo. I kinda discounted him since I assume the OP would want him out just like the other super-lanterns.

Salaak is definitely a good one- not just for his own skills, but for coordinating this many.

They can't steal speed from that many people at once that I've ever seen, and good GLs definitely have a chance against speedsters.

Fate's good, but just how many good GLs could he take on? GLs can combine their powers too.

Don't forget, some of the opponents will go down quite fast. Most of the Titans and Secret Six and Suicide Squad and Doom Patrol are hardly going to be useful, the Rocket Reds'll go down, etc.. We may be talking a dozen or more GLs against some of the tougher opponents.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Q99

They can't steal speed from that many people at once that I've ever seen, and good GLs definitely have a chance against speedsters.

Fate's good, but just how many good GLs could he take on? GLs can combine their powers too.

Don't forget, some of the opponents will go down quite fast. Most of the Titans and Secret Six and Suicide Squad and Doom Patrol are hardly going to be useful, the Rocket Reds'll go down, etc.. We may be talking a dozen or more GLs against some of the tougher opponents.
Actually, they can. Both Wally and Barry have proven that they can steal speed from an entire planet, and the planet itself. They have no issue stealing speed from any one.

Mogo will probably get destroyed in a few hits by Superman or something

jrodslam
When and/or if the Lanterns take to the skies, that greatly reduces the Flash's effectiveness. Also, the Lanterns have the best aoe. Honestly the biggest problem the Lanterns face are the Magic wielders. The Flash's are being given too much credit in this fight.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by jrodslam
When and/or if the Lanterns take to the skies, that greatly reduces the Flash's effectiveness. Also, the Lanterns have the best aoe. Honestly the biggest problem the Lanterns face are the Magic wielders. The Flash's are being given too much credit in this fight.
The Flashs' have stolen speed from characters who were far far away even in the skies.

jrodslam
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The Flashs' have stolen speed from characters who were far far away even in the skies.

Have they? I know of Wally's lent speed from others, but when has Jay, Barry and Bart done it to ppl far far away? Also, how often has it been done? Or are we just taking all feats into account whether they happened one time or not?

I just dont understand why whenever a Flash is involved "They'll just speed steal." is quickly mentioned. Like thats what they do when they fight. erm Thats not the case. Not even 1/2 the time.

xJLxKing
Have they? I know of Wally's lent speed from others, but when has Jay, Barry and Bart done it to ppl far far away? Also, how often has it been done? Or are we just taking all feats into account whether they happened one time or not?

I just dont understand why whenever a Flash is involved "They'll just speed steal." is quickly mentioned. Like thats all they do when they fight. erm Thats not the case.
I don't know about Bart, but Barry and Wally have stolen speed numerous of times. They have done it a lot of times, so I have no doubt they will do it. It's not an ability they do onces every 5 years, it's often

Q99
Every time I've seen them do it it either involves running around the target repeatedly or physically touching them.

jrodslam
I don't know about Bart, but Barry and Wally have stolen speed numerous of times. They have done it a lot of times, so I have no doubt they will do it. It's not an ability they do onces every 5 years, it's often

Im not saying that Barry and Wally has never done it. I know they have, but ive never seen anyone other that Wally steal it from a distance as youve stated. The one time i did see Wally do it, he had people build up the kinetic energy to give to him. Also, Flash's speed stealing of people doesnt happen often at all. Not every 5 years, but not 1 out of 5 issues either.

jrodslam
I dont see anyone on Earth beating Mogo besides a magician or POSSIBLY Firestorm.

vansonbee
Green Lantern corp.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Q99
Every time I've seen them do it it either involves running around the target repeatedly or physically touching them.
Nah, Kevdude posted one recently and there were a bunch of people on the skies

Im not saying that Barry and Wally has never done it. I know they have, but ive never seen anyone other that Wally steal it from a distance as youve stated. The one time i did see Wally do it, he had people build up the kinetic energy to give to him. Also, Flash's speed stealing of people doesnt happen often at all. Not every 5 years, but not 1 out of 5 issues either.
Well, it would be stupid if they steal speed from everyone lol

I dont see anyone on Earth beating Mogo besides a magician or POSSIBLY Firestorm.
So you don't believe punches that can destroy a planet would destroy Mogo

jrodslam
So you don't believe punches that can destroy a planet would destroy Mogo

If Mogo were a regular planet with no type of defense, yea. But he isnt.

Omega Vision
I should have put it in the OP but no Mogo. I should think that would be obvious. Anyway I'm pretty sure his gravity well would mean a OHK for planet Earth if he arrived on the battlefield.

aztec
I think Dc earth can pull the win. They have three speedsters, four mages and a-lot of back up in strength. The wild cards of course are The Phatom Strenger, and Black Alice. If Alice is able to wield the power of a near by powerful mage, the Spectre, or Mogo, then the team takes it. Furthermore, if enough time is given to the mages i'm sure they can come up with something relatively fast. The martian can connect their minds together. Their are so many possibilities, but enough time is needed to conduct a stragegy.

Mindset

So you don't believe punches that can destroy a planet would destroy Mogo lol

Q99
While there's maybe a hundred heroes, there's probably only 20-30 that really matter and will be able to take lanterns out. Maybe 20-30 more that are useful if they can form a group and gang up on lanterns.

Originally posted by aztec
I think Dc earth can pull the win. They have three speedsters, four mages and a-lot of back up in strength. The wild cards of course are The Phatom Strenger, and Black Alice. If Alice is able to wield the power of a near by powerful mage, the Spectre, or Mogo, then the team takes it. Furthermore, if enough time is given to the mages i'm sure they can come up with something relatively fast. The martian can connect their minds together. Their are so many possibilities, but enough time is needed to conduct a stragegy.

She wouldn't be able to get Mogo, he's non-mystic. Also, she's on a time limit- if she grabs someone strong, Alice runs out fast and'll soon lose it.

Phantom Stranger isn't on any of the listed teams.

And I'm not sure those strategies would work against this many lanterns. Psychics all mind-linking may be able to get enough mental omph to punch through the mental shields of a portion of the lanterns, but not all of them.

aztec
Originally posted by Q99
While there's maybe a hundred heroes, there's probably only 20-30 that really matter and will be able to take lanterns out. Maybe 20-30 more that are useful if they can form a group and gang up on lanterns.

She wouldn't be able to get Mogo, he's non-mystic. Also, she's on a time limit- if she grabs someone strong, Alice runs out fast and'll soon lose it.

Phantom Stranger isn't on any of the listed teams.

And I'm not sure those strategies would work against this many lanterns. Psychics all mind-linking may be able to get enough mental omph to punch through the mental shields of a portion of the lanterns, but not all of them.

Black Alice was able to harnass the power of Giganta, and Count Vertigo. From what I know, their not mystics. Also, she was able to wield the power of Nigthshade for a very long time while confronting Black Lanterns.

Wasn't the Phatom Stranger, part of the Satellite era?

I believe there are about 40 superheroes who will contribute to their victory. There are three flashes, two martians, four krptonians (if you include superboy), three lanterns (hal, alan, and jade), three amazons, four mages, etc..

WhiteWitchKing
Earth's defenses:
Doom Patrol
Secret Six (Current)
Suicide Squad
Teen Titans
Great Ten
Rocket Reds
Outsiders

vs

The Lanterns destroy the entire planet killing most of the heroes. Then they wipe of the rest.

Seriously though, the Lanterns should be able to put a huge force fields around most of these groups and remove the air killing a lot of these guys. The heavy hitters are dealt by the best of the Lanterns.

Q99
Black Alice was able to harnass the power of Giganta, and Count Vertigo. From what I know, their not mystics. Also, she was able to wield the power of Nigthshade for a very long time while confronting Black Lanterns.

Giganta is definitely magic-powered, as commented on in Blue Beetle, and I think Vertigo had his powers internalized by magic. It doesn't have to be a spellcaster, just a magic power source.

Nightshade she held onto awhile, but Nightshade's not all that powerful.

*Checks* It seems he was. I had thought he had only assisted them without joining, but I was misremembering. So that's a nice aid.

Yea, I don't think that's enough against 600 of the best GLs, which probably includes that many named ones.

aztec
Originally posted by Q99
Giganta is definitely magic-powered, as commented on in Blue Beetle, and I think Vertigo had his powers internalized by magic. It doesn't have to be a spellcaster, just a magic power source.

Nightshade she held onto awhile, but Nightshade's not all that powerful.

*Checks* It seems he was. I had thought he had only assisted them without joining, but I was misremembering. So that's a nice aid.

Yea, I don't think that's enough against 600 of the best GLs, which probably includes that many named ones.

For some reason, I though Black Alice could harness the power of anyone. But it makes sense that Giganta is magic based. In what issue was this stated?

Anyway, I'm sure Black Alice can summon someone else's power. There has to be a powerful mage, or god on earth right?

Theres only 15 gl's who are worth mentioning. The others are cannon fodders. Many were easily killed by the yellow lanters, red lanterns etc.. In sinestro corps, the heroes were able to defeat multiple members. I think the heroes have a shot, if they play their cards right. The flashes could lend their speed to the other heroes, especially the mages. Imagine what Zatanna, or Dr. Fate would be able to to do if they repeat one hundred spells per minute.

The heroes we're able to defeat a martian invasion, i'm sure they'll be able to do the same against 500 green lanterns, especially since most are low heralds at best. big grin

-Pr-
600 is a huge number, even if only a hundred of them are any bloody use.

I'd give it to the Lanterns, but only barely.

Q99
For some reason, I though Black Alice could harness the power of anyone. But it makes sense that Giganta is magic based. In what issue was this stated?

Blue Beetle 19.

But if she does pick a powerful one, then she's only got abilities for a few minutes. That's the trade off.

There's more than that, the Lost Lanterns on their own make up a half dozen.

And even the less powerful ones are still useful if their powers are used collectively.

I'm not sure if speeding them up physically will increase the rate of flow of magic into their bodies to use.

Yea, I think 600 Low-heralds (with some mids tossed in) win smile

The martians were smaller in number and had greater vulnerabilities.

The GLs, in addition to the rings, also have a good number of those with unique powers.

Leezle Pon is a smallpox who could likely sicken a lot of heroes. Von Daggle a Durlan who's immune to telepathy and uses his shapeshifting in extremely nasty ways. R'amey Holl was hyper-evolved after coming into contact with the rock that gave Captain Comet his powers. Quite a few also have super-strength and similar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.