Nova vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Full power Nova vs Wonder Woman.

Who wins?

Q99
Wonder Woman, but it's a nice fight.

Black bolt z
According to some people WW>>>SS.WW wins.

Q99
Who rates her above Surfer?

dmills
By Nova I assume you're talking about Frankie Raye?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Black bolt z

Originally posted by Q99
Who rates her above Surfer?

Yeah, Diana isn't = to Surfer imo, and she certainly isn't > than him, either.

Warlord
Which nova?

Q99
People tend to call Herald-Nova 'Frankie' and call Richie "Nova". Especially the 'full power' comment makes me think Richie.

Still, there's Nova, Nova, and Nova.

Funnily enough, I don't think anyone with the name would beat Diana in the majority.

Warlord
I can see richard winning

Q99
Some of the time, sure. IMO not the majority.

Warlord
I'd give him 6/10 stick out tongue

dmills
Wow. Is Wonder Woman really that Tough? How much gravimetric weight could she withstand being compressed onto her chest?

the ninjak
Nova people!

He will match her speedwise and gravitate her down to the surface.

Firestorms
Frankie loses badly in a brawl, she wasn't a tough herald. Nova didn't really have that bullet proof glaze coating like Surfer and she could die in a physical fight. Frankie might score a BFR win if she can teleport Diana away or dump Diana in time wormhole or something

Richard loses out in a very close fight, Diana might be less durable but she has higher strength and the higher fighting skill feats. Richard is no slouch and would give her the fight of her life. I give a tiny majority to Wonder Woman

Originally posted by dmills
Wow. Is Wonder Woman really that Tough?

Yeah she is tough against raw power and raw force. If you want to break her the bad guys usually use bullets and claws that cut her body but against just blunt force her skin does fine.
Maybe if Nova butted her with the sharp edge of his armor an upset might happen or maybe not,
IMO he will give her a close fight but I still think he will not match her skill as a fighter.

dmills
@firestorm,

Wow. I'll have to read up on Diana then. Do you think she could resist Nova's Phased pulse or his Compressed gravimetric pulse? Also, do you rank her skill level higher then Gamora?

dmills
That's one of the more perplexing things about what DnA are doing with Nova right now. An average nova centurian is class 20 in strength, but Rich was always written/portrayed as stronger then an average centurian. More like class 50. Now he's Nova Prime and is supposed to be thousands of times more powerful then a centurian, yet he is written at around Wonder Man/She Hulk level. Class 100 sure, but low class 100.

I know DnA are pushing the gravity thing as trumping raw strength, which it does, but it's still an inconsistancy that annoy's me.

dmills
Although I will say, I just saw the pencils for the preview of Thanos Imperative #1. It looks like Richard is flat out kicking people's assess in the scenes I've seen so far. Some viseral stuff.

Q99
And even then they better be strong bullets and claws.

Plus of course the block-all bracers.

Dunno how high you rank Gamora, but Diana often trained in hand to hand with Batman (powers off of course), and he says she's the most deadly melee fighter in the league period.

cdtm
That's one of the more perplexing things about what DnA are doing with Nova right now. An average nova centurian is class 20 in strength, but Rich was always written/portrayed as stronger then an average centurian. More like class 50. Now he's Nova Prime and is supposed to be thousands of times more powerful then a centurian, yet he is written at around Wonder Man/She Hulk level. Class 100 sure, but low class 100.

I know DnA are pushing the gravity thing as trumping raw strength, which it does, but it's still an inconsistancy that annoy's me.

I think it's just a matter of Worldmind seriously limiting Richards power levels, so he doesn't end up going the way of "Nova Omega"...

You know, the Nova who was gigantic and held off a team consisting of The Avengers, including Thor, Quasar, and the Fantastic Four.

And I think Nova's tough enough to take WW..

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99

Dunno how high you rank Gamora, but Diana often trained in hand to hand with Batman (powers off of course), and he says she's the most deadly melee fighter in the league period.

Spars with Dinah too, who impressed Shiva so much she wanted to make her an apprentice.

dmills
@cdtm

Yeah, there is that. In Nova 35 he approached Super Nova power levels and all of a sudden some sort of power governer built into his suit kicked in after about ten seconds.

dmills
@Q99,

Pretty darn high. Although it's difficult to compare, I'd wager to say that she's Diana's equal in terms of combat skill. Nova toyed with her. But of course Diana is FAR stronger then gamora.

dmills
Nova beginning to go insane with the full unchecked power of the Nova Force.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/annihilation016.jpghttp://www.img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/annihilation016.jpg

dmills
Piece of shyte.

the ninjak
Too much power captain dmills

dmills
laughing out loud I'm trying to post the scan but it's not working.

jinzin
Originally posted by Black bolt z

Yeah... but those people are insane. erm

Originally posted by Q99

Trained with Batman and always has to resort to her powers to give her an edge, she's definitely not at his level of skill... though she is way more skilled than Nova to be sure.

"Id"
Nova has that nice little solar feat, where he compressed a white dwarf to create wormhole/blackhole and travel through it.

dmills
@ID

While operating with only a tiny fraction of his full power I might add.

Q99
Originally posted by jinzin

Trained with Batman and always has to resort to her powers to give her an edge, she's definitely not at his level of skill...

Hm? She fights him without powers reasonably often. Dinah too.

dmills
Nova puts her in a gravity weave and hits her with a compressed pulse at 10,000 tons gravimetric, pin pointed at her temple. Good night wonder woman. Thanks for playing.

Johnny Sorrow
KMC fails at sexism.

Nova puts her in a gravity weave and hits her with a compressed pulse at 10,000 tons gravimetric, pin pointed at her temple. Good night wonder woman. Thanks for playing.

1/100,000 chance that will actually happen. Moonstone was always stupid at using her powers. Even as a Nova fan I can't say he'll win, although it's not a stomp.

dmills
@johnny sorrow,
Huh? Not really sure what you mean by that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.