Gamora vs. Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
No prep for Reed.
No godslayer for Gamora.
No expanding force bubble inside gamora's body for Sue.

Wild Shadow
the FF murder her.. thing keeps her busy long enough for sue to grap her or place her in a bubble. gamora will only mostly likely only take out thing b/c he be stupid enough not to use sue's shields and get close and personal with gamora..

Blanket
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the FF murder her.. thing keeps her busy long enough for sue to grap her or place her in a bubble. gamora will only mostly likely only take out thing b/c he be stupid enough not to use sue's shields and get close and personal with gamora.. Why would Thing be able to keep her trouble when a weaker version was able to one shot him with pressure points?

And she... cuts through Sue's shields?

Wild Shadow
sigh.. her weaker version needed an opening to get close and a distraction... here she will need the same opening but will be fighting his team and she will be distracted.. also sue at her best is not getting her shield broken through by gamora

Blanket
sigh.. her weaker version needed an opening to get close and a distraction... here she will need the same opening but will be fighting his team and she will be distracted.. also sue at her best is not getting her shield broken through by gamora If you think Gamora couldn't have caught that spot in a regular battle in a couple seconds, then you're nuts. She's also upgraded...

I said cut through. You know, Godslayer?

Parmaniac
How high is Gamoras durability? Could a "Civil-War-Taskmaster-Force-Field-Crush " take her out?

Originally posted by Blanket
I said cut through. You know, Godslayer? OP said no godslayer

jinzin
I need a facepalm smiley for this thread stat!

Blanket
Originally posted by Parmaniac
How high is Gamoras durability? Could a "Civil-War-Taskmaster-Force-Field-Crush " take her out?

OP said no godslayer Nobody reads OPs.

Bouboumaster
FF, because of Sue

Blanket
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
FF, because of Sue Pretty much. No one else does anything.

Wild Shadow
i already said they would distract her that is doing something.

Black bolt z
i already said they would distract her that is doing something. Well we know she gets distracted by naked people so she just starts streaking.

Parmaniac
Thing is almost naked.

Blanket
i already said they would distract her that is doing something. You could put Armadillo, Angle, and Elongated Man in here and they'd accomplish the same thing as these three possibly could. Sue doesn't need a distraction.

jinzin
Ummm... what's stopping reed from wrapping her ass up?
Or Jonney from going Nova on her ass?

The only one her she has a decent chance against is Thing and she's already discredited herself against him 1on1 erm

Blanket
Originally posted by jinzin
Ummm... what's stopping reed from wrapping her ass up?
Or Jonney from going Nova on her ass?

The only one her she has a decent chance against is Thing and she's already discredited herself against him 1on1 erm Gamora moving.
Both those attacks are usually used against non moving opponents.

While knocking him out with a simple pressure point?

Wild Shadow
thunder clap keeps gamora on her toes as well as thunder stomps.. Human torch tossing fireballs will distract her but not harm her at least until johnny figures out to raise the temp on them and even then she will tank fireballs.. johnny would need to go into sustained fire blast which thing has proven to be somewhat immune to..

reed would bark orders at his teammates and sue and lecture her about being useless and holding back... and tell her to cut off her visual optic nerves leaving her suddenly blind and open for a ko punch from thing...

FF 7/10 the other three is due to some major onesided pis/cis and hail marry wins that heroes pull out their @$$

srankmissingnin
With the possible exception of the Thing, all the F4 could solo...

Black bolt z
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
With the possible exception of the Thing, all the F4 could solo... How so?Reed could prob just stretch to the blows won't reach his nerves(or something along the lines) but how sue and johnny.

Wild Shadow
sue can wrap her an a bubble cut of her air supply till she passes out or bludgeon her into submission or create a force field insider her body like she did logan... sue wins this easy

Black bolt z
sue can wrap her an a bubble cut of her air supply till she passes out or bludgeon her into submission or create a force field insider her body like she did logan... sue wins this easy I already said...no forcefields inside their body.When I was on my other account years ago I made a FF vs. thor thread and there was massive debate because people said sue creates a bubble in thors throat and expands.Thus insta-death.Thats specifically why no bubbles in their body.

jinzin
Gamora moving.
Both those attacks are usually used against non moving opponents.

None mov------- What the f**k?

Reed's caught missiles and airborne enemies, He's done it to numerous streets.

"moving" isn't going to help Gamora avoid an omni blast by HT...

While knocking him out with a simple pressure point? with a distraction to get there....

It'slike thinink you could beat GSP in a fight because you might be able to KO him with a brick to the head when he's not looking. erm

Blanket
None mov------- What the f**k?

Reed's caught missiles and airborne enemies, He's done it to numerous streets.

"moving" isn't going to help Gamora avoid an omni blast by HT...

with a distraction to get there....

It'slike thinink you could beat GSP in a fight because you might be able to KO him with a brick to the head when he's not looking. erm When? Also, missiles in a straight forward pattern? I'm sure you'd be the first to disregard this had a character reacted to one when he's facing Wolverine in a thread.
Assuming Gamora is street level?

Omni-blast? First off. I want to see a scan of the omni-nova blast. Second. I was assuming HT wasn't going to do something that put his team in danger. Third, Gamora withstood the heat of a star.

If I could knock GSP out with a touch while he's distracted, and I was way faster than him... I'd think I could take him pretty easily if my strength was boosted up a couple hundreds times what it used to be.

Also, using your logic, I'd still have a brick in my hand and still be a lot stronger than I used to be. I'm pretty sure I could still brick GSP out...

jinzin
When? Also, missiles in a straight forward pattern? I'm sure you'd be the first to disregard this had a character reacted to one when he's facing Wolverine in a thread.
What the f**k?

WOW...so disregard his ability to do what you think he can't in catching and wrapping moving objects strictly based on some predetermined self serving bias that I never displayed?
WOW.....

Yeah Reed can wrap moving objects, he's done it, and he's done it a lot. You don't have a counter argument to this because one doesn't exist. It's that simple. Reeds been able to successfully wrap himself around a rampaging Godzilla.... I'm sure you imagine Gamora must be harder to wrap than that... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Assuming Gamora is street level?
Uh, no.... I'm pointing out that Reed's done it to a number of streeters, all of whom have the same displays of types of speed as Gamora's ever shown, Wolverine included... At no point is Gamora more capable of avoiding Reed than he is of catching her. And.... if you're assumption is that she's going to just run from him the whole time... kinda only serves to support the point that shes in over her head here.

Omni-blast? First off. I want to see a scan of the omni-nova blast.
Go check out his fight with Venom, it should be in his respect thread... Honestly, now you're just being rediculous to insist that HT can't do something that simple, or something that he's done more than a few times in his career. Again it's a strategy that you can't argue against so we might as well pretend he can't do it right? Riiiiight.

Pfffft.. HT has the ability to shut down Spiderman when he's on the run... Gamora's more capible of avoiding incoming threats than Parker? Nope.... A fire net would be more than sufficient in stoping, or stalling her.

Second. I was assuming HT wasn't going to do something that put his team in danger.
According to you she's apparently on the run from his team so I doubt she'd be in danger.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Third, Gamora withstood the heat of a star.
And? She also got her ass burnt to hell, she'll be far from okay...

If I could knock GSP out with a touch while he's distracted, and I was way faster than him...
A touch in a precise point... not only while he was distracted but BECAUSE he was distracted... no expression

I'd think I could take him pretty easily if my strength was boosted up a couple hundreds times what it used to be.
Why? Her ability to hit that spot wasn't reliant on strength and she's still weaker than thing.

Also, using your logic, I'd still have a brick in my hand and still be a lot stronger than I used to be. I'm pretty sure I could still brick GSP out... eerrrr,,, I think you're missing the point of the example... but okay since you want to play it that way.... you're still only half as strong as GSP... in a straight fight... you're not going to win... no expression

Blanket
What the f**k?

WOW...so disregard his ability to do what you think he can't in catching and wrapping moving objects strictly based on some predetermined self serving bias that I never displayed?
WOW.....

Yeah Reed can wrap moving objects, he's done it, and he's done it a lot. You don't have a counter argument to this because one doesn't exist. It's that simple. Reeds been able to successfully wrap himself around a rampaging Godzilla.... I'm sure you imagine Gamora must be harder to wrap than that... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Um, I asked when he's caught missiles, and flying foes. Although moreso missiles.

I never disregarded it. I just said that's it funny you're the one arguing with that example.

I'd imagine Gamora to be harder to catch than Godzilla...

I'm not arguing that he can't hold her (although that could be up for debate), I'm just saying she'll be pretty damn hard to catch this way, even without fighting back.

:Uh, no.... I'm pointing out that Reed's done it to a number of streeters, all of whom have the same displays of types of speed as Gamora's ever shown, Wolverine included... At no point is Gamora more capable of avoiding Reed than he is of catching her. And.... if you're assumption is that she's going to just run from him the whole time... kinda only serves to support the point that shes in over her head here. Right. Except she'll be actively attacking while also evaded. Therefore moving at all times. Her strength mixed with her MA are more than enough to hurt Reed based on what I've seen.
And Wolverine to my knowledge was trying to pierce Reed with claw slashes he did it with numerous blows while Wolverine was standing in one place, and while Reed kept stretching so he wouldn't get cut... a little different. Iirc, Wolverine was also standing in one spot too when he balled Wolverine up. Although my mind just might have made that second example up.

If that's what I said, sure it'd sound like she's in over her head.

Go check out his fight with Venom, it should be in his respect thread... Honestly, now you're just being rediculous to insist that HT can't do something that simple, or something that he's done more than a few times in his career. Again it's a strategy that you can't argue against so we might as well pretend he can't do it right? Riiiiight.

Pfffft.. HT has the ability to shut down Spiderman when he's on the run... Gamora's more capible of avoiding incoming threats than Parker? Nope.... A fire net would be more than sufficient in stoping, or stalling her. Not in there.

I'm just using his mindset. And everytime I've seen a nova, it's been an attack that's been directed. I never pretended he couldn't do it, I simply asked for scans. You're just flying off the handle probably because of the recent Wolverine vs Gamora thread, since I find it hard for you to be in this thread any other way.

Well, considering the only attack that should do anything to her would be a nova attack...

:According to you she's apparently on the run from his team so I doubt she'd be in danger.. roll eyes (sarcastic) I said she'd be moving. Words in mouth much?

Although if she is on the run, I'm not sure how effective a nova attack would be even then considering she's moving away the whole time, and Torch would be alone with her, so I guess it's not a bad strategy.

:And? She also got her ass burnt to hell, she'll be far from okay... She'll be OK to any of his conventional attacks.

I'll concede that she'll be in rough shape if Johnny brings out the sort of attack he's hit Gladiator, and Galactus with, but omni-blast...al... because that's a likely scenario.

:A touch in a precise point... not only while he was distracted but BECAUSE he was distracted... no expression
No it wasn't. She only said she wouldn't have gotten past his massive fists had it not been for Sassy.
It wasn't some sort of super touch that only opens up if he's choking someone, it was his left boob, and that's it. This wasn't a Resident Evil boss battle.

And if you honestly think she couldn't have gotten past his massive fists, then I don't know what to say. She was simply giving credit to Sas, as the guy was held helpless.

:Why? Her ability to hit that spot wasn't reliant on strength and she's still weaker than thing.

eerrrr,,, I think you're missing the point of the example... but okay since you want to play it that way.... you're still only half as strong as GSP... in a straight fight... you're not going to win... no expression Because I'd be able to hit him harder. Take his shots. Throw him around, and generally make everything he could non existant.

I'm not missing the point, I'm basically stating that it's a flawed example.
If you think me being hundreds of times stronger than my current self is still half as strong as GSP, then I'm severely underrating him. Plus, apparently I'd have a brick in my hand at all times.

Example not withstanding.

Your example also implies that Gamora can't beat Thing in a straight fight... I don't know what to say to that.
Between Reed apparently easily catching her, and conventional attacks from HT being problems for Gamora, I guess she really doesn't stand a chance.

Warlord
Pretty much. No one else does anything.

Johnny-nova?

jinzin
Um, I asked when he's caught missiles, and flying foes. Although moreso missiles.

I never disregarded it. I just said that's it funny you're the one arguing with that example. Which I still don't understand.. What's so funny about it?
Anyways, I don't have issue numbers off the top of my head but I'll hunt for it should this garbage continue.

I'd imagine Gamora to be harder to catch than Godzilla... That's not quite what I was getting at... Stretch made himself the size of a small skyscraper... That's something I'm thinking Gamora would be having a hard time avoiding.

I'm not arguing that he can't hold her (although that could be up for debate), I'm just saying she'll be pretty damn hard to catch this way, even without fighting back. Again... the size of a small building.... I really don't think she be able to do much to avoid it...

Right. Except she'll be actively attacking while also evaded. Therefore moving at all times. Her strength mixed with her MA are more than enough to hurt Reed based on what I've seen.
Depends on howmuch CIS Reed's going to be imploring in the fight... We've already seen that his powers are able to compensate for explosions and she doesn't hit harder than that.

And Wolverine to my knowledge was trying to pierce Reed with claw slashes he did it with numerous blows while Wolverine was standing in one place, and while Reed kept stretching so he wouldn't get cut... a little different. Iirc, Wolverine was also standing in one spot too when he balled Wolverine up. Although my mind just might have made that second example up. Wolverine couldn't hurt Reed with claws made to cut through anything, but a MA strike is going to?

Not in there.
Sorry, links are broken.

Anyways, it's when Spidey goes to take Brock off of his little island, bringing Torch with some FF tech to help in case Venom goes nuts.. which he promptly did and grab Storm by the neck with his symbiote throwing him into the ocean... HT used an imni-directional blast WHILE submerged in WATER to get the symbiote off of him.

I'm just using his mindset. And everytime I've seen a nova, it's been an attack that's been directed. I never pretended he couldn't do it, I simply asked for scans. You're just flying off the handle probably because of the recent Wolverine vs Gamora thread, since I find it hard for you to be in this thread any other way.

WOW...... ooooookay.....

Well for one, you're need for proof of something that should be easy for HT to do, that he's done a few times in a his career definitely implies that you think he can't do it.

Two, I'm hardly flying off the handle here.

And three, I came into this thread to see what kind of odds people were going to give Gamora against a team who have successfully engaged beings like a suped up cosmic powered Doom, Hulk, Ultron, and Gladiator....... Of course it's no surprise to see her getting the same goofy treatment she got in that thread with people giving her the benefit of the doubt to do something outside her capability to do, like you assuming she'll be able to actively evade the FF more successfully while they're gunning for her than Spiderman could when they were trying not to hurt him.

Well, considering the only attack that should do anything to her would be a nova attack... Storm can up his casual attacks to 2 million degrees without much duress, he can burn up all the oxygen in her environment, he can dehydrate her at will, fire nets and torch clones can have her indisposed indefinitely.... Her ONLY recourse to any of his attacks is melee.... woopdido!

No it wasn't. She only said she wouldn't have gotten past his massive fists had it not been for Sassy.
It wasn't some sort of super touch that only opens up if he's choking someone, it was his left boob, and that's it. This wasn't a Resident Evil boss battle. lol @ the res part..

Again not what I was getting at. I'm saying that the oppurtunity to hit that spot would not have clearly presented itself in a 1on1 fight with Thing as PER HER ADMISSION. erm

And if you honestly think she couldn't have gotten past his massive fists, then I don't know what to say. She was simply giving credit to Sas, as the guy was held helpless. I'm only going by her OWN statement...
She might be able to fight Thing one on one but obviously one shotting him becomes a hell of a lot harder when he "actively fighting back" no?

I mean, I'm sure Punisher could take out Cap with a knive to the head, but how likely is that when Cap knows he's in for a fight?
Because I'd be able to hit him harder. Take his shots. Throw him around, and generally make everything he could non existant.

I'm not missing the point, I'm basically stating that it's a flawed example.
If you think me being hundreds of times stronger than my current self is still half as strong as GSP, then I'm severely underrating him. Plus, apparently I'd have a brick in my hand at all times.

Going by the comic inclusion you're STILL MUCH weaker and less durable than GSP, and by RL inclusion have far less experience....

but yeah... you're skewing of the exmaple to this point means you pretty much ARE missing the point of it in the first place...

Again, you might be able to take someone out with one shot while their attention is turned away... when it's not, the likelyhood of you reproducing the same type of feat is dramatically reduced.
Not only is this just simply logical it's expanded upon AS PER HER ADMISSION. no expression

Your example also implies that Gamora can't beat Thing in a straight fight... I don't know what to say to that.
Between Reed apparently easily catching her, and conventional attacks from HT being problems for Gamora, I guess she really doesn't stand a chance.

Again, you DID miss the point of the example, as it had nothing to do with Gamora and Thing specifically...
In any case, I don't think she CAN'T beat him in a straight fight by any means, but you seem to be under the impression that Thing's a one shot walk in the park for her because of some already muddled example of what she can do to him when he's not looking. Yet logically, going by his career and her own admission we know that's simply not true.

Can she one shot someone who's preoccupied? Sure. But for Thing, a guy who has taken on (successfully) people like Thor, Namor, and Hulk, who has shown fighting prowess as a human to be close to that of early Logan level.... it's a rather hard pill to swallow to think she's just going to stroll past Thing like nothing.. and moreso in a group fight setting.

Though you are right about one thing.. given this thread, she doesn't stand a chance.

leonidas
Nobody reads OPs.

this.

and the ff take her down. couldn't sue make her life a real hell by simply turning the whole ff invisible as well?

Wild Shadow
@jinzin

i was one of the 1st to give the FF the easy win. embarrasment

jinzin
None of my ranting was direccted towards you Shadow... and yeah Leo... Sue by herself has about half a dozen EASY options of putting Gamora away or on the defensive.. Force fields, invisible ropes, balls, etc... But Gamora's from space...so she wins right?

Wild Shadow
i dont mind giving gamora a couple of wins in a comic book setting fight but in a forum battle it is a different story especially when she is disarmed her only hope is if she were to get the surprise attack on them every time and that isnt even a guarantee only a few wins at best. she would have to take out sue and rely on some major cis and pis which i think goes against the basis of the comic forum.. to handicap one side to the maximum cis pis setting

OneDumbG0
Storm can up his casual attacks to 2 million degrees without much duress, he can burn up all the oxygen in her environment, he can dehydrate her at will, fire nets and torch clones can have her indisposed indefinitely.... Her ONLY recourse to any of his attacks is melee.... woopdido! Energy blasts? erm

Also, general lulz at this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.